• 199 results
#51 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaptainRodgers: I've only ever played the first Halo (I like RPGs more). So if I were to base my opinion off of what I know, it wouldn't be fair and would probably be wrong. I will say thisthough, Cap has beaten stronger and faster opponents than himself before, and I think Cap could eventually get through the armors durability with his shield.

#52 Posted by ImmortalOne (3459 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a stomp for Master Chief.

Master Chief's enhancements make his stats 300% an Olympic athlete's. Not only that, his armor increases it even more. In the game, he flips over Scorpion tanks, which is about 66000 kilograms, or 64.96 tons. Master Chief has been trained since a child, and has far more advanced technology. He's taken on armies of Convenant, and the Flood.

#53 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2980 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief.

#54 Posted by Immortal777 (7608 posts) - - Show Bio

MC survived atmospheric reentry and crashed on earth so i wonder tha fuk is that armour made of and how he stay conscious

#55 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thor's hammmer said:

Cap
#56 Edited by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

From the quotes I have seen for Master Chief before he went through the augmentation procedures he was pulling off feats similar to Captain America, now factor in a suit that is capable of atmospheric re-entry and increases his physical stats then his experience against the Covenant and training. He wins

#57 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: Sounds like MC would win.

#58 Posted by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

@nick_hero22: Sounds like MC would win.

Yep

#59 Posted by gjtaylor (1 posts) - - Show Bio

okay 1st. Nothing Cap has could get through MCs armor

2nd. MC can lift tanks so he wins strength

3rd. MC was born with super DNA witch made him superior to almost all humans except other spartans, and then got genetically enhanced (bones improved to near unbreakable and his muscles are incredibly strong.)

4th. He can run about 60mph with his suit on so MC is much faster

5th. His military training began when he was a young child and continued his whole life so H2H and gunplay go to him.

6th. He is extremely intelligent (not far from tony starks level if not higher) and Cap was never extremely intelligent (not stupid but not super intelligent)

7th. His armor makes him amazingly strong, fast, agile and next to impenetrable, Cap wouldnt stand a chance getting through it.

8th. Cortana makes him knowledgeable in next to everything and she has the skill to revive him (from the book The Flood) and many other things.

9th. MC makes his own luck and is always lucky, as it says he was born the lucky one.

Come on guys were debating whether a hero defeated an entire alien race would win or someone who fought the nazis...

#60 Edited by BeaverSauce (431 posts) - - Show Bio

captain america calls upon the creatures of the night and devours the souls of all those that come before him. end of story

#61 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

MC has a super advantage fully suited up. The regenerating shield i would say is pretty much impenetrable to someone like Cap. The shield [Cap's that is] wouldn't be worth much - i don't see M getting hit by it. MC's reflexes are beyond Cap.

#62 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

1-Can caps shield even pierce through that spartan armor?

2- Can someone share some MC feats/scans? I know hes stronger because he flipped a tank like it was a little tikes truck if im not mistaken

#63 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

MC is strong (average Spartan is probably around 4-5 ton range)but as far as i know the tank flipping thing is a game mechanic. The shield could get through the armour if thrown by someone with a mean arm - i just don't see Cap 1 being able to hit MC with and 2. hitting with enough force to get through the armour let alone the shield. The armour also has an impact absorbing layer - hence surviving falls from so high up.

#64 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

master chief, one hit ko on cap

#65 Posted by SirMethos (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Master Chief is in his Mjolnir armor with Cortana, then MC stomps.

If Master Chief is not in his armor(and Cap doesn't have his shield), then Cap wins.

#66 Posted by Vec (55 posts) - - Show Bio

In the book fall of reach MC first got his armor and was sent through a training course to put the suit and the spartan program through a test. A test that most of the government wanted to fail. Sonar the end of the test they had a fighter/bomer fly at MC and launch a missile at him. MC backhanded the missile away from him. Then walked away perfectly fine.

#67 Posted by thefusescape (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm... Master chief's super soldier program was way better than cap's... Oh and another thing he can just jump over cap while shooting. Even in h2h he can rip the shield out of his hands and beat him to death with 1 punch.

#68 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Master chief

#69 Posted by TheTmac (472 posts) - - Show Bio

MC

#70 Posted by ndm5 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief FTW

#71 Posted by darktiger (4610 posts) - - Show Bio

@ndm5 said:

Master Chief FTW

#72 Posted by neil419 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

master chieff should win but cap would find a way

#73 Posted by WALLCRAWLER (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Masterchief wins easy

#74 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

The OP is severely vague on what gear the two combatants begin with. Standard gear would allow John to wield weaponry while Cap usually only sticks with his shield and a sidearm at most. Despite that, the MJOLNIR Mark VI armour boosts John's physical capabilities to superhuman levels, with his reaction speed being one of his highlighted attributes.

Cap is easily the superior in hand-to-hand here and his shield is both a fantastic offensive and defensive weapon, but John has the edge here in sheer physical capability and he isn't a slouch in the hand-to-hand either. Opponents have been able to bypass the armour's shielding and directly impact the user inside, but it's done by those who are a great deal stronger than SPARTAN-II's, so I'm not sure Cap can land a knockout so easily.

It's a tough fight and neither of these combatants are walking away unharmed but I'd say John takes a slight advantage here.

#75 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

chief wins. he's faster, stronger, was trained since the age of 6, has his dna augmented, his bones hardened, has armor, a radar, and an insanely smart AI helping him

#76 Posted by Jgames (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually MC is a better fighter than CA, since he was trained as a soldier as a little kid unlike CA

#77 Edited by Obtrusive (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are probably very similar if it were just a brawl, but master chief has better tech than cap.

#78 Posted by dondave (37617 posts) - - Show Bio

Masterchief

#79 Posted by NiKKaL (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Master chief, he is green.

#80 Posted by thefusescape (190 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to add a few more cents. Master Chief could likely be carrying a rocket launcher, spartan laser, grenades, a jetpack, and an assault rifle since this doesn't have game mechanics. MC could fly up into the air and oblitherate cover, problems, knock cap back etc. With his spartan laser he could lock on to cap and hit him where his shield ain't covering. If that happens cap is screwed. One hit anywhere in Halo usually kills anything on the endurence level of cap. The spartan laser could probably kill the movie version of the hulk, Iron Man, and maybe even Wolverine.

#81 Edited by IRS (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief by a mile. He simply outstats cap by too great a margin even without the armor. Even out of combat, without the armor, things seem to move slowly to him. He's also the product of a better training program where they trained everything, the mind too. He's not a dumb brute, as kids they were taking advanced calculus classes. The UNSC didn't just pick kids for physical stats, they picked kids that won the genetic lottery and had everything.

#82 Posted by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief wins purely due to the resilience of his suit and the augmentations they provide him.

#83 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief wins purely due to the resilience of his suit and the augmentations they provide him.

his dna and bones are augmented even without the suit. hes been trained since the age of 6

#84 Posted by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

@jgames said:

Actually MC is a better fighter than CA, since he was trained as a soldier as a little kid unlike CA

This in no way constitutes Master Chief as a better fighter, because we don't know how extensive his martial arts training is, how rigorous his martial arts curriculum was, and what skill level the instructors were. Saying a character is a better fighter based off experience in the fiction world is ludicrous because the standards for martial artist in the Marvel Universe are much higher than what they are in the Halo Universe, which is why Captain America and other martial artist can run through dozens of armed foes with ease and beat characters who have tremendous strength and speed; despite lacking those qualities.

#85 Posted by nick_hero22 (6871 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

his dna and bones are augmented even without the suit. hes been trained since the age of 6

I'm very well aware of the augmentations that John has received, but if he isn't wearing his suit then he loses by a pretty solid majority in my opinion. I have seen much better physical feats for Captain America than from what I have heard and seen from a suit-less Master Chief, and Captain America is much more skilled and competent based off his showings against metahumans and other top-tier fighters.

#86 Posted by BloodOfGaea (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I noticed a bunch of people asking for exact stats on Master Chief, have at it. This is taken mostly from the books, but what they didn't cover I looked at the games. I'm not saying who I think will win because I really don't know much about Captain America.

Spartan-II Info.

Weight: 360-440LBS, Around half a ton W/ armour.
Lifting Strength:W/O Armour: 1080-1320, W/ Mark VI: 5400-6600
Bones: Fifteen times stronger then normal humans.
Reaction Time: 20 Mil sec(2/100second) less with armour/AI.
Running Speed: 34-38MPH(Can be done for hours.)
Sprinting Speed: 65MPH(can only be done for a short time or may inflict self damage.)

Armour Specific info.

Visor: Heads up display and can tint to avoid blinding.
The HUD includes a motion sensor.

Plate: Made of a Titanium alloy (Same stuff the UNSC ships are made of.)
nearly impervious to small arms fire, refractive coating
helps disperse heat from 1-2 plasma hits.

Bodysuit (black mesh): Titanium, sealed for underwater/space
can also stop small arms fire, and has the refractive coating

Gel: Regulates temp, fits the user perfectly, can
change pressure to have wearer survive impacts and G forces
(I.E. falling from orbit.), though this doesn't have much of an impact in H2H.

Reactive Crystal later: Acts like a very advanced Computer,
allows AI to be in it and the users brain. Increases
strength, reaction time, mobility, speed.

Magnetic Strips: Small magnets that hold equipment/weapons.
Also present on boots for Zero G environments. They can be
toggled.

Power: Fusion reactor (mini nuclear plant) resistant to EMP.

Biofoam Injectors: Seals wounds to stop bleeding and prevent
infection, medical attention is still needed.

Shields: Resistant to ballistic attacks, relatively weak to
plasma attacks. Starts recharge after 4-6 seconds and is fully
recharged in 2 seconds. Low friction makes it hard to grapple
the user when it is active, feet/hand cover is thinned
and closer to the body to help with this problem, it re-thickens
when needed.

Extra:
Have much better then normal human vision and can see
in almost absolute darkness.

Brain augmentations make them extremely smart and easily
able to control their emotions and have perfect hand-eye
coordination.

Between their enhanced reaction time and eyesight they
essentially see slow motion.

Before the Spartans even went through these augmentations they
were selected from the best possible candidates(from many different planets.) and trained
from 4-6 years old.

#87 Posted by MonsterStomp (18134 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief out of suit has 20 milliseconds (0.02 seconds/15 times faster than average human)

In his suit, 4 milliseconds (0.004 seconds/75 times faster than average human)

Now I have no idea how to calculate reaction, but from scientific facts, nerve impulses travel at 100m/s in response to stimuli, either by sight, hearing, taste, smell or touch (that's for average human). MC can react 75 times faster (in his suit). 75*100 = 7500m/s. That is either Mach 21 or 22 in which his nerve impulses travel in response to stimuli. Add to that the fact that Captain Keys stated that Spartans fight in a blur and you have one quick combatant.

Now his strength is sufficient enough to lift 5 tons at minimum and his striking power is enough to grind bone to dust and shred titanium like its paper.

Master Chief stomps in suit. Out of suit would be better.

#88 Posted by Chibi_cute (4545 posts) - - Show Bio

Masterchief survived atmospheric re entry alone..

MC takes this.

#89 Posted by vintage_spiderman (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

MASTER CHIEF WILL COMPLETELY OUTCLASS CAP IN EVERY ASPECT THE ONLY THING CAP HAS GOING FOR HIM IS HIS SUPERIOR DEFENSE AND THATS SIMPLY BECAUSE OF HIS SHIELD.

#90 Edited by SAMUSBOI (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok uh i know most of you are picking MC I know i would too but in round 3 when MC is supposed to kill Captain America ( i dont know if they are supposed to kill each other but lets just say) and Captain is laying on the floor defenseless. I think MC would give him a hand and pick him up from the floor and give Captain a pat on the back and buy him a drink. I mean im not saying Captain will lose without a fight i mean this would be a GREAT fight. But i think MC would tell him that he did great and they would both get high together and get drunk become best friends forever.Two super soldiers who make one SUPER friendship. Thats how it should go at the end. NOW WHOS WITH ME!!!

#91 Edited by adamatiumman (71 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoy_elite: did you know at the age of 14 master chief without armour could kill 5 grown soldiers before a pin hits the floor . and now hes an adult (think of what he would be capible of now)

#92 Edited by VaporishLicense (132 posts) - - Show Bio

master chief winss here. hes had 40 years of fighting experience. so im not so sure if cap has a better h2h.

#93 Posted by dondave (37617 posts) - - Show Bio

master chief winss here. hes had 40 years of fighting experience. so im not so sure if cap has a better h2h.

Experience doesn't equal more skill, Ra's Al Ghul has been alive for 600 years, it doesn't stop him from losing fights

#94 Posted by Jmarshmallow (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Master Chief in his armor isn't even a fair fight. Complete stomp in every way, shape, and form. Putting Chief against a street leveler isn't fair. Make it without his armor, then it'd be a bit more even, but Chief would more than likely win there too.

Jmarshmallow

#95 Posted by mjolnirson (1327 posts) - - Show Bio

Masterchief, he have an armour that make him even more powerful, also have superhuman skills, cap is only human peak. maybe in combat skills both are equal but at the end master wins.

#96 Posted by TwoGunGunnar (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough. Usually with these hypothetical "vs" scenarios I immediately see it going one way. This one gave me pause.

I'm gonna have to go with Captain America. Only because he's a more important character with more dramatic and cultural clout than a video game character who's only been around slightly more than 10 years.

#97 Edited by Jmarshmallow (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@twogungunnar: Lol as much as I like your thinking, Battles aren't decided by whomever has the greatest cultural impact. A winner must be decided by who would win in a FIGHT, not a popularity poll. While some debaters on this site may have forgotten that, it's still how it works!!

Jmarshmallow

#98 Posted by TwoGunGunnar (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

Don't know, can some give me feats for Master Chief, please?

Depends on who has the controller. If it's one of those little brats on Xbox Live, then he's a guy with near perfect marksmanship, and he can kill dozens of alien soldiers all by himself.

Regardless of who has the controller, he never gets tired or winded. He has some level of super strength based on the way he can effortlessly pack around bigass rocket launchers, and (with some effort) rip stationary machine guns off of their stands and pack them around like handheld weaponry. And he can pistol whip a force-field protected 8 foot tall alien soldier to death with a few hits.

His most impressive power: Save Game.

#99 Posted by i_like_swords (14561 posts) - - Show Bio

@tg1982 said:

Don't know, can some give me feats for Master Chief, please?

Depends on who has the controller. If it's one of those little brats on Xbox Live, then he's a guy with near perfect marksmanship, and he can kill dozens of alien soldiers all by himself.

Regardless of who has the controller, he never gets tired or winded. He has some level of super strength based on the way he can effortlessly pack around bigass rocket launchers, and (with some effort) rip stationary machine guns off of their stands and pack them around like handheld weaponry. And he can pistol whip a force-field protected 8 foot tall alien soldier to death with a few hits.

His most impressive power: Save Game.

You are aware that player-controlled gameplay isn't actually canon, and all of Master Chiefs feats are in novels/comics, right?

#100 Posted by tparks (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

This is spite. Captain America is awesome, but this is not a good fight for him to be in.