MC's gunna win.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Ugh, why do people pitch Booster Gold against the opposition that is obviously better in terms of skills?

Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By deactived-3246821

http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Booster_Gold

I thought it would be a decent battle, Booster has a decent power suit, close to chief's.

Booster has force field generation, can resist bullet penetration (though it still damages him, just like MC) and he shoots energy or plasma or w/e. If it is plasma then MC is gunna have trouble.

Avatar image for heart_of_infinity
Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Heart of Infinity

no he didnt die he goes to some kind of machine planet it looks like. The people on earth just assume he did

I wouldnt make any assumptions about chief based loosley on the game. If you read the books you would really understand how much of a beast he is.

Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Heart of Infinity

Post Deleted.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I don't think Booster Gold is the best fighter, so that's why I thought MC would win easily.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ms. Invisible

But then again MC's got those gadgets and whacthamacallit. He's a soldier, trained for this kind of stuff. And I believe MC is in the future somewhere? (I don't play Halo.)

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vrakmul

Ms. Invisible says:

"But then again MC's got those gadgets and whacthamacallit. He's a soldier, trained for this kind of stuff. And I believe MC is in the future somewhere? (I don't play Halo.)"

he's from mid 2600.

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Octagon Enigma

Booster Gold wins because I don't like Halo. :P

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well MC wins cause I dont like Booster.

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Octagon Enigma

Dormammu says:

"Well MC wins cause I dont like Booster."

Touche.

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, and also comes down to combat abilities and strategy.

Also Master Chief has some good gadgets. Plus Cortana who would tell him what to use to dissipate Booster's shield or she would override his armor or something. And the reason I dont really like Booster is cause I've only seen him in one comic and he was a loser. (Although most characters would get beat by Doomsday)

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Sparda

In the books, I believe, Master Chief and Cortana together figured out the exact trajectory of a rocket coming their way in a second, and also figured out exactly when and how hard to hit the rocket to knock it away from him. Cortana is a very, very useful asset. Depending on what kind of wireless gadgets Booster uses, Cortana could take control of them. In a straight up, close quarters battle, I would give it to Chief. When things get bad, he can go into a weird bullet time state, which makes everything go super-slow but him. It's when his adrenaline pumps up. So, Booster shoots and energy blast at him, MCs adrenaline goes up, he whips out his force field dealy, dodges the energy blast, runs up to Booster (while he's still pumped up by adrenaline), throws the force field grenade on the ground. Their both trapped close together, and Chief takes him out in a close quarters fight. If Booster were to fly, I'm thinking that depending what equipment Chief has, he could knock Booster down to earth (maybe). I'm not terrible knowledgable on Booster, but with Chiefs skills and Cortanas smarts, coupled with his weird adrenaline state, Chief could be a very viable threat against Booster, I think.

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah... and I dont plan on reading them. I have stated why MC wins and so has Sparda, now until u come up with a logical defense for Booster, Master Chief is going to be declared the winner.

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Octagon Enigma

Dormammu says:

"Yeah... and I dont plan on reading them. I have stated why MC wins and so has Sparda, now until u come up with a logical defense for Booster, Master Chief is going to be declared the winner."

Whoa, calm down there Mr. Official Declarer of Winners. Do you realize that battles in these forums are all mainly matters of opinion?

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sparda

Octagon Enigma says:

"Dormammu says:
"Yeah... and I dont plan on reading them. I have stated why MC wins and so has Sparda, now until u come up with a logical defense for Booster, Master Chief is going to be declared the winner."
Whoa, calm down there Mr. Official Declarer of Winners. Do you realize that battles in these forums are all mainly matters of opinion?"

Lol.

Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sparda says:

"In the books, I believe, Master Chief and Cortana together figured out the exact trajectory of a rocket coming their way in a second, and also figured out exactly when and how hard to hit the rocket to knock it away from him. Cortana is a very, very useful asset. Depending on what kind of wireless gadgets Booster uses, Cortana could take control of them. In a straight up, close quarters battle, I would give it to Chief. When things get bad, he can go into a weird bullet time state, which makes everything go super-slow but him. It's when his adrenaline pumps up. So, Booster shoots and energy blast at him, MCs adrenaline goes up, he whips out his force field dealy, dodges the energy blast, runs up to Booster (while he's still pumped up by adrenaline), throws the force field grenade on the ground. Their both trapped close together, and Chief takes him out in a close quarters fight. If Booster were to fly, I'm thinking that depending what equipment Chief has, he could knock Booster down to earth (maybe). I'm not terrible knowledgable on Booster, but with Chiefs skills and Cortanas smarts, coupled with his weird adrenaline state, Chief could be a very viable threat against Booster, I think."

your right he deflects the missle with her calculations

Chief fights brutes and elites on jet packs so flying wont be the clear defining factor

Cortana is a master hacker and maybe she could even shut down iron man to make chief have a chance to fight tony

Chief without his suit will definetly beat most of the suit weares if they are out of theirs since its like fighting with captain america, punisher, and a guy with a skeleton that only wolverine has better all in one guy

but if they both have the suit on i still think chief wins. My reasons being the same as Sparda's

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Methos

Booster Gold is going to take this one...

his shields are a lot stronger that MC's, just for example, while MC's shields are weakened by plasma weaponry BG has used them to survive inside the corona of a star before and they have shown no sign of weakening.

BG has flight capability, MC does not.

BG has built in blasters, MC does not.

BG's strength is far, far far in advance of MC's... believe me i've real all the Halo books and know the limits of MC's strength, it ain't enough to cut it against a guy would can lift an aircraft carrier over new york.

as for the "MC wins because i don't like BG" argument... grow up! i don't perticularly like BG either, but if i automatically backed my favorite character in a fight, completely ignoring logic, then Supergirl would Pwn The living tribunal ever time round.

M

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sparda

Methos says:

"Booster Gold is going to take this one... his shields are a lot stronger that MC's, just for example, while MC's shields are weakened by plasma weaponry BG has used them to survive inside the corona of a star before and they have shown no sign of weakening. BG has flight capability, MC does not. BG has built in blasters, MC does not. BG's strength is far, far **far** in advance of MC's... believe me i've real all the Halo books and know the limits of MC's strength, it ain't enough to cut it against a guy would can lift an aircraft carrier over new york. as for the "MC wins because i don't like BG" argument... grow up! i don't perticularly like BG either, but if i automatically backed my favorite character in a fight, completely ignoring logic, then Supergirl would Pwn The living tribunal ever time round. M "

Hot dang! That pretty much seals it for BG.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Methos

Sparda says:

"Hot dang! That pretty much seals it for BG."

yay, logic :D

or we could just cheat and give BG back his original suit that could access the time stream...

he goes back in time to when MC is the MCFC training camps and kills him while he sleeps.

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Methos

Sparda says:

"Or just kills the Doctor, stopping her from ever recruiting him. Much better solution."

either way works :D

M

Octagon Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Octagon Enigma

Score, something from Halo actually loses!

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sparda

Methos says:

"Sparda says:
"Hot dang! That pretty much seals it for BG."
yay, logic :D or we could just cheat and give BG back his original suit that could access the time stream... he goes back in time to when MC is the MCFC training camps and kills him while he sleeps. M "

Or just kills the Doctor, stopping her from ever recruiting him. Much better solution.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sparda

Post Deleted.

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Octagon Enigma says:

"Dormammu says:
Whoa, calm down there Mr. Official Declarer of Winners. Do you realize that battles in these forums are all mainly matters of opinion?"

LMAO

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Octagon Enigma says:

"Dormammu says:
Okay, I was saying there has been no logic that Booster Gold could beat MC so therefor Master Chief was winning. But now that Methos has contributed and actually gave logical reasoning as to why Booster would win, things have changed. From the evidence he has shown Booster Gold would beat MC. Oh, and this is a different Booster? 'Cause when I started this thread I was actually going for the original.
Post Edited:2007-10-14 21:14:42
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Methos

Dormammu says:

"Oh, and this is a different Booster? 'Cause when I started this thread I was actually going for the original.
Post Edited:2007-10-14 21:14:42"

not a different Booster, just a different suit... he's had at least 3 different suits with varying levels of power, the original one was the strongest with shields that could fly him through a star and withhold the pressures of Time Travel, something not even Superman can withstand unaided.

M

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, by the looks of it.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Dormammu says:

Are you the same guy as that Golem guy who started the disrespect thread for Booster Gold?

Methos says:

"Booster Gold is going to take this one...his shields are a lot stronger that MC's, just for example, while MC's shields are weakened by plasma weaponry BG has used them to survive inside the corona of a star before and they have shown no sign of weakening.BG has flight capability, MC does not.BG has built in blasters, MC does not.BG's strength is far, far **far** in advance of MC's... believe me i've real all the Halo books and know the limits of MC's strength, it ain't enough to cut it against a guy would can lift an aircraft carrier over new york.as for the "MC wins because i don't like BG" argument... grow up! i don't perticularly like BG either, but if i automatically backed my favorite character in a fight, completely ignoring logic, then Supergirl would Pwn The living tribunal ever time round.M"

I have learned something new. Thank you for such valuable education. You get a virtual apple from me. And I take this back:

Ms. Invisible says:

"I don't think Booster Gold is the best fighter, so that's why I thought MC would win easily."
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lantern Prime

MC went threw the earth's Atmosphere. He can beat Booster Gold easily!

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Colt Python says:

"C'mon man stand up for your avatar!!! I still go with Booster Gold but I guess my opinion is somewhat baised since I hate HALO and I only played HALO 2 for a brief period with some friends."

ABSOLUTELY! I've never played Halo (except for a demo on PC for Halo 2) so I wouldn't hate it or love it; I'm neutral about it. Reading Methos' post, I now believe that Booster Gold would win.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lantern Prime

Thats because hes Dc fanboy.

deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ms. Invisible says:

"Dormammu says:
Are you the same guy as that Golem guy who started the disrespect thread for Booster Gold? Methos says:
"Booster Gold is going to take this one... his shields are a lot stronger that MC's, just for example, while MC's shields are weakened by plasma weaponry BG has used them to survive inside the corona of a star before and they have shown no sign of weakening. BG has flight capability, MC does not. BG has built in blasters, MC does not. BG's strength is far, far **far** in advance of MC's... believe me i've real all the Halo books and know the limits of MC's strength, it ain't enough to cut it against a guy would can lift an aircraft carrier over new york. as for the "MC wins because i don't like BG" argument... grow up! i don't perticularly like BG either, but if i automatically backed my favorite character in a fight, completely ignoring logic, then Supergirl would Pwn The living tribunal ever time round. M "
I have learned something new. Thank you for such valuable education. You get a virtual apple from me. And I take this back: Ms. Invisible says:
"I don't think Booster Gold is the best fighter, so that's why I thought MC would win easily."
"

Ummm... no. Octagon Enigma said I hate Halo (or Master Chief? can't remember) so I just said I hate Booster Gold. But I dont hate or like Booster, I've never read his comics.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Yeah, typical cliche origin story but he sure is fun to read!

CaptainGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CaptainGuts

Pretty sure booster gold's shields have tanked blasts from darkseid so.... I don't see anything MC can do to really harm him