Master Chief vs Boba Fett

• 110 results
Hayzuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Master Chief vs Boba Fett (60 votes)

Master Chief 53%
Boba Fett 47%

MC gets my vote. Curious to see everyone else's opinion.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

After learning more about Boba, this could potentially be close. Both have armour that is incredibly resistant to energy-based attacks (with Boba taking the lead), and both are pretty resistant to blunt force attacks too (with Chief taking the edge here). Boba is certainly packing enough weaponry to damage Chief, and visa versa. Chief is more reactive, and has faster travel speed, is stronger physically and more durable physically. I'm not too sure who has better combat speed, but seeing as Boba (and plenty of others like him) have been fast enough to directly combat Jedi, in both close quarters and with ranged weaponry, I'd argue that Chief's speed edges shouldn't factor in too much.

The two most important factors for me are - who can take a bigger beating, and who is more skilled overall. For arguments sake, I will say Boba.

Hayzuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Valid points. The one thing that i think Chief has that Boba doesnt is - don't laugh - luck. If you've read the books, his "luck" is why Cortana picked him, and part of the reason he is so successful. Granted luck always runs out at some point IRL, but im finding it hard to dismiss that one factor for Chief since it is a major part of his character in the novels.

Still a close call.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayzuse: I've heard about his luck factor, haha. If it consistently aids him, and can be transferred over to a fight like this directly, then I don't see why we can't factor it in, haha. It may not be luck, but rather just Chief's ability to win against all odds, or pull out in the end. Just because of how he is. You know.. like a positive person will walk past a winning lottery ticket, pick it up, and win millions, whereas a negative/pessimistic person will just consciously or even subconsciously ignore the winning ticket because they won't see the point or likelihood of any good coming from it, or just considers themselves perpetually unlucky.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@hayzuse said:

@i_like_swords: Valid points. The one thing that i think Chief has that Boba doesnt is - don't laugh - luck. If you've read the books, his "luck" is why Cortana picked him, and part of the reason he is so successful. Granted luck always runs out at some point IRL, but im finding it hard to dismiss that one factor for Chief since it is a major part of his character in the novels.

Still a close call.

I'd say that the Fett man is pretty lucky too. He was eaten by a sarlaac pit and climbed out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hayzuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tparks

@tparks: That was pure skill!!!

He's got to be one of the top skilled Sarlaac stomach survivors of all time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@i_like_swords said:

@tparks: That was pure skill!!!

He's got to be one of the top skilled Sarlaac stomach survivors of all time.

It's a pretty esteemed list to be a part of.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Cheif destroys

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thedailybagel  Moderator

Mc (I love typing that)

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly? This is almost too close to call. I'd say Chief, but Boba's jetpack is a big enough advantage to give him a small majority.

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartans have jetpacks too

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjawarrior268: They aren't standard gear, and the thrust packs in their suits don't provide enough lift to actually function when there's a significant level of gravity. Even if he had a combat jetpack, it's not as good as Boba's.

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's just gameplay. Halo jetpacks aren't that inferior to Boba's pack.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjawarrior268: I doubt Chief is as good with a jetpack as Boba. Boba should be the noticeable superior in flight-maneuverability, unless I've been missing something about Chief and his supposed standard gear jetpack this whole time.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Chief, with moderate difficulty.

Nothing he can't handle though.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Wellllllll.

Chief is stronger, faster, more agile, more durable, and can take anything that Boba can dish out.

Not to mention the fact that Boba's one advantage, flight, Chief has as well.

I just don't see what Fett has to offer that MC can't handle.

Jmarshmallow

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: its much closer than that. MC isnt taking majority here. They both are very skilled amd have a range of weapons and skills. Boba is a bounty hunter and is very cool and caluculated. I give him sliggt edge to chied. Buts its a close battle.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Stronger only matters if he can get close, or if he wants to get close.

More agile I can concede to although Boba is just as, if not more, agile in the air.

More durable is up for grabs. How would Chief fair if he was to swim in lava?

Has Chief actually got any notable flying feats, or a tendency to take to the air? Because in that department Boba is quite stacked.

Also curious as to who the better marksman is, which should be important.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: exactly boba flys throws some thermal detonators sneaks up behind and blaster to the head

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea where people are pulling out that Chief's not at a disadvantage to Boba's flight. He doesn't have a practical jetpack as standard gear. And he has no impressive flight feats anyway.

Hayzuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have to keep in mind that Chief survived the fall from space to Earth. That is some serious durability. Also, it depends on what weapons Chief has, which could launch this debate to a whole other level. Human, Covenant, Forerunner? Forerunner weapons > Star Wars weapons. Covenant weapons = Star Wars weapons. Human Weapons < Star Wars weapons.

Another thing is that MC is very resourceful, using and adapting to what is around him. From what i know of Boba, he pretty much uses a set "playbook" (tell me if I am wrong), which can make him predictable, thus giving the Chief another advantage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: exactly boba flys throws some thermal detonators sneaks up behind and blaster to the head

Well, I doubt it would be that easy, but a dummy thermal detonator followed by zipping around to a blindside with Boba's jetpack would certainly make for a good tactic, and is something he's smart enough to pull off.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zaied

Boba Fett, as long as he keeps his distance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MC

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Boba Fett.

I don't know much about MC but with the little I do know, I don't thinks he's anything Boba can't handle.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boba Fett is much more agile and it's possible his weapons will deal more damage than Chief's. I voted for him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayzuse:

We have to keep in mind that Chief survived the fall from space to Earth. That is some serious durability.

That's just blunt force durability though. Boba isn't punching him, he's using explosives and energy-based weapons.

Also, it depends on what weapons Chief has, which could launch this debate to a whole other level. Human, Covenant, Forerunner? Forerunner weapons > Star Wars weapons. Covenant weapons = Star Wars weapons. Human Weapons < Star Wars weapons.

You could give Chief three loadouts in the OP. Round 1 - Forerunner, Round 2 - Covenant, Round 3 - Human, and then from there we can go down the list. If Chief stomps with Forerunner, we move down to covenant, and so on. I know you can't edit a poll, but you could edit your second comment on the thread to add it in, if you want.

Another thing is that MC is very resourceful, using and adapting to what is around him. From what i know of Boba, he pretty much uses a set "playbook" (tell me if I am wrong), which can make him predictable, thus giving the Chief another advantage.

Dunno where you got this from. Boba is an extremely capable tactician who can mix it up on the fly. And he has a considerably varied arsenal to draw from, so I wouldn't say he's predictable either.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

1). Considering Chief's superior speed on the ground, and his comparable speed in the air, I don't see any reason why he WOULDN'T be able to make this fight up close and personal if he wanted to. Speaking of up close, what is the equipment here? Chief doesn't exactly have "standard equipment," he could potentially have all of his weapons or only one of them. The whole "only carry two weapons" is a gameplay mechanic. That's a pretty huge aspect

2). More agile on ground is what I was referring to. As far as in the air, I'd say Boba has the advantage, but I can't see that make or breaking this fight.

3). Id say that he could handle lava just fine, considering explosive weaponry bounced off of his suit like it was nothing!

But I have a follow-up question....how would Boba Fett's fare surviving re-entry?

4). Notable feats of flying? I mean, he hasn't done twirls or spinning in the air or anything like that. It's a Jetpack. It flies up and down and gets him where he needs to go. Sooo no, nothing fancy like I'm assuming Boba Fett has done.

But as I've mentioned, it's good enough that I don't think Fett will have any significant advantage.

5). Better marksman? Chief, no doubt IMO.

Besides the fact that he is an extremely good shot, his suit actually helps him pinpoint his shots. That's basically the reticle you see while playing Halo, although it's obviously much more advanced than gameplay demonstrates.

I just don't see Fett being able to compete.

Jmarshmallow

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: haha no not that easy. But like you said hes a trained tracker and bounty hunter. I see boba take the edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

1). Considering Chief's superior speed on the ground, and his comparable speed in the air, I don't see any reason why he WOULDN'T be able to make this fight up close and personal if he wanted to. Speaking of up close, what is the equipment here? Chief doesn't exactly have "standard equipment," he could potentially have all of his weapons or only one of them. The whole "only carry two weapons" is a gameplay mechanic. That's a pretty huge aspect

I haven't seen a single thing to suggest Chief can compare to Boba in the air. He can sprint fast on the ground, and has faster reaction times, but I wouldn't say his combat speed really blows Boba's out the water unless I'm missing something.

As for the in-air arguments.

Boba as a child does this:

He was sprayed with a scent which painted Boba as that creatures main food source, and was locked in a cage with it with nothing but his bare hands and a jetpack. He comes out with a tooth in what appears to be about a minute of time, give or take. I cannot see Chief replicating this in all honesty.

Then adult Boba Fett is outpacing and outmaneuvering dozens of X/Y-Wings firing down on him.

No Caption Provided

An then there is the fact he can move fast enough to not only fly out from under a falling, point blank, cage full of animals, but to also move so fast that the person who dropped it thinks he is still under, when in reality he has flown behind his back undetected in plain sight.

And to top it off.. his jetpack can quite literally outpace an explosion after it had been detonated.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So remind me.. how is Chief getting close to Boba if he wants to play keep away?

2). More agile on ground is what I was referring to. As far as in the air, I'd say Boba has the advantage, but I can't see that make or breaking this fight.

Well yeah, true. He has the enhancements to afford him greater on foot agility. Although considering the fact Boba has outpaced multiple shooters firing blaster bolts at him, with nowhere to maneuver apart from a straight line to a doorway, about 40 foot distance to cover, and has also dodged a lightsaber swing from Darth Vader, I wouldn't say he's too far behind. However, being able to perpetually avoid Chief while raining down on him is certainly a game breaking advantage in my opinion.

3). Id say that he could handle lava just fine, considering explosive weaponry bounced off of his suit like it was nothing!

But I have a follow-up question....how would Boba Fett's fare surviving re-entry?

Are explosions hotter than lava? I wouldn't think so but maybe I'm wrong. Lava is typically around 800-1100 degrees celcius, and lightsabers have cut through lava worms, who, live in lava. Lightsabers have also failed to cut through Mandalorian Iron, the metal plating Boba's armor is composed of. He's even endured a blow to the neck from a lightsaber due to this. I don't think Chief's energy based weapons will be able to do much damage right away. In contrast Fett has the capacity to vaporize a humanoid with his blaster on it's higher settings, and can also one shot numerous vehicles and leave massive destruction in his wake using his Carbine. So how would Chief fair there?

I don't really know. He's tanked a direct missile followed by debris, and has fallen down a well-sized hole before. He has the heat resistance to deal with re-entry heat but I'm not sure how he'd cope from the impact. Since he doesn't have the blunt force feats to suggest he could, we can only say he wouldn't survive it. Although, in Boba's far inferior set of armor, Jango survived this, which is food for thought:

(the reason Jango was in Boba's armor, is because he was the one who passed it down to him after he was done using it. It used to belong to a guy called Jaster Mereel, who raised Jango as a Mandalorian after becoming orphaned)

Again though - blunt force durability only really matters if Chief is striking Boba, which I think Boba could survive and avoid, for the most part.

4). Notable feats of flying? I mean, he hasn't done twirls or spinning in the air or anything like that. It's a Jetpack. It flies up and down and gets him where he needs to go. Sooo no, nothing fancy like I'm assuming Boba Fett has done.

But as I've mentioned, it's good enough that I don't think Fett will have any significant advantage.

I meant has he outpaced any projectiles, shown any kind of special maneuverability/precision or speed? Because if he just goes up and down I don't see him catching Boba. That would leave him open more than anything to be honest.

5). Better marksman? Chief, no doubt IMO.

Besides the fact that he is an extremely good shot, his suit actually helps him pinpoint his shots. That's basically the reticle you see while playing Halo, although it's obviously much more advanced than gameplay demonstrates.

I just don't see Fett being able to compete.

Boba's suit has HUD as well, actually, so there's no advantage there. His jetpack missile locks on to targets. It also pinpoints weak spots on an opponent. Boba is also a pretty good shot. Aside from the fact he has killed plenty of Jedi, and naturally inherits similar marksmanship to Jango Fett (who is no slouch, having killed numerous Jedi himself on and off-panel), he's done this:

Shoots two guys simultaneously before they can get off a shot, then disarms a guy.

Casually shoots a rock out a man's hand from a fair distance.

As I mentioned earlier, due to being Jango's clone, this type of marksmanship..

No Caption Provided

..is "built in"

No Caption Provided

I can certainly see Boba being able to compete, perhaps even winning. Although I doubt it'd be easy for either guy.

I2edShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By I2edShift

Boba Fett is totally boned on hand to hand. He's so outclassed in the strength/speed/reflexes/weight/size aspect that Chief will literally rip his arms & legs right out of there sockets.

Skill is very debatable. Boba's a bounty hunter who's killed Jedi and all sorts of aliens where as Chief is a super human soldier that wades through battalions of high tech alien troops by himself. Both are way the heck up there in the skill department, so let's call it even for the sake of brevity.

What this really comes down to is armor durability and weapon effectiveness against one another.

With the more powerful human weapons, I say Chief takes a majority. With Forerunner weapons he stomps. Boba's jet packing tomfoolery aren't going to do anything to someone like Chief.

This is an arms & armor race most of all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i2edshift: Wouldn't say totally boned. He's tanked a two-ton strike from Darth Vader, dodged a lightsaber strike from him, has killed a man in a single strike, and has engaged in a lightsaber duel with Jaina Solo, even beating her. He was also taught martial arts by his father Jango - the guy who killed 7-8 Jedi with his bare hands, all by himself, one shotting most of them. Jedi who are beings just as fast as Chief and arguably more skilled fighters, but in any case, very capable swordsmen. Boba is also arguably as strong as Jango Fett, due to the whole gene-transfer thing, and being trained by him - who was strong enough to kick down a durasteel door in a single kick.

Not saying Boba would win in hand-to-hand, due to the fact Chief is stronger and more reactive, but Boba is probably more skilled, and has the feats to suggest he could react to Chief. Neither would be able to inflict lasting damage though, due to their blunt force resistance respectively.

Boba has shown considerable tactical ingenuity on the fly, and has Mandalorian training (and was their leader at one point) - who are considered to be the best fighters in the entirety of the Star Wars mythos, which is saying a lot.

For tactical feats I'll just copy and paste from what I posted in battle of the week against Deathstroke.

Boba's fight against the forces of a powerful gangster called Tayand, a Rancor and another Bounty Hunter.

1-2: Blows Tayand's brains out, grabs a meatshield and dodges blaster fire while shooting a bodyguard.

3-4: Keeps shooting while guiding Connor Freeman, and then comes up with a plan to enrage a Rancor and use it to kill the other bodyguards, on the fly.

5: Kills another bodyguard.

6-9: Comes up with a method for killing the blaster-proof Rancor, again, on the fly. He straps the Bounty Hunter to his jetpack, times the Rancor's mouth opening carefully, and then sends the Bounty Hunter flying straight in, presumably detonating the Jetpack Missile in the Rancor's mouth.

As you can see, Boba is never without a weapon. Which brings me onto my next point - weaponry. This is where Fett excels, and while I don't think he would overwhelm Deathstroke easily, he could definitely strain him. The fight below is a perfect example of why the Fetts are never unarmed:

No Caption Provided

What this really comes down to is armor durability and weapon effectiveness against one another.

With the better human weapons, I say Chief takes this with a 7/10 majority. With Forerunner weapons he stomps.

For armor durability, Boba should fair better against energy/heat weapons, whereas Chief should fair better against blunt force. But since both use energy based weaponry, and Boba can just keep in the air to avoid Chief's physical strikes, I see Boba as having the more effective durability overall. As for weapon effectiveness, Boba has numerous explosives, a blaster that can one shot numerous vehicles and cause mass environmental damage, or disintegrate on impact, two flamethrowers, nerve toxin darts, thermal detonators and even dummy thermals that are trick-smoke grenades, a wrist-laser, and more that I can't remember. Chief has a rifle, pistol and grenades for human weapons IIRC, which is pretty standard to be honest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i2edshift: Oh, I see you edited your post.

With the better human weapons, I say Chief takes a sizeable majority. With Forerunner weapons he stomps. Boba's jet packing tomfoolery aren't going to do anything to someone like Chief, it would honestly just make him a more predictable target.

This is an arms & armor race most of all.

Care to expand on Chief's human/forerunner weapons? What they're capable of, his accuracy with them ect?

It isn't really tomfoolery. It's his ability to outpace dozens of starfighters shooting at him, - all packing weapons far more powerful and fast travelling than any of Chief's human weapons (not sure about forerunner) - outpace an explosion after it was detonated, outpace a falling cage at point blank and get behind someone faster than they can see, ect. Unless Chief has hit a target that moves as fast as that, I don't see him doing very much. It would hardly make Boba predictable in any case.

It's also a skill/marksmanship race, which I believe is firmly in Boba's favour.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^this

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@i_like_swords: @i_like_swords:

1). As impressive as all that is, I already yielded that Boba has superior flying feats. My only argument is that it's not gonna matter.

As far as travel speed, Spartans on AVERAGE have been clocked at 55 KPH, and Master Chief is obviously no average Spartan. I'm fairly certain he went far faster than that, but he tore his Achilles Tendon.

In addition, MC OUTPACED and DEFLECTED a missile. And that's in addition to all his feats dodging automatic rifles and plasma weaponry. I don't see there being any issues taking Fett even with his flight advantage.

2). I'm gonna have to disagree that Fett's combat speed is anywhere NEAR MC's. At a MINIMUM, Chief can react at 20 milliseconds. That was at the very BEGINNING of his career, and that was without the suit, since his suit increases all of his abilities like x3, including reaction time. Plus there's the fact that all his abilities increase once adrenaline kicks in.

I don't even believe that Fett has anywhere close to 20 millisecond reaction speed. And that's at base, Chief is actually much faster than that.

3). Considering that the explosions were made of plasma, and plasma is what the sun is made out of, I'd certainly say that plasma bouncing off of his suit is superior to lava.

So my question is, is his armor capable of tanking plasma? Because Convenant weapons are almost solely made of refined plasma, and Forerunner weaponry is even more powerful.

Granted, if Chief is restricted to solely UNSC weaponry, then this will be a bit harder on Chief. But I doubt that he can withstand even a couple shots from Convenant or Forerunner tech.

4). Again, Chief is 100% capable of closing the distance at any point he wants to. And if he chooses to do so, Fett is done. Boba just couldn't compete in close quarter combat, not even close.

5). As far as marksmanship feats go, I'm fairly certain I don't need to tell you anything besides the entire premise of the Halo games:

Using almost nothing besides guns, Master Chief takes down pretty much the entire Convenant race, who's tech is far superior to the Human race. And does the same to the even more technologically advanced Forerunner race.

I'd say that trumps almost any marksmanship feats that Boba has. I don't think Fett would be able to replicate that even with Chief's equipment, whereas I think Chief could do everything Boba did with Boba's equipment.

Jmarshmallow

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im on the fence, could go Either way. MC is super human, but limited in weapons and versatility. Boba is pretty good for a human, but has tons of gear and versatility.

However leaning toward Master Chief due to rechargeable shields.

mlunny1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mlunny1121

I agree with @jmarshmallow I dont understand why you guys love Boba Fett so much. His dad (who was wayyyyy cooler) got beheaded easily by the one and only Sam Jackson. Master Chief takes on hoards of aliens. Yea Jedi's are sweet and all, but seriously Boba Fett is just the best bounty hunter out of a bunch of noob bounty hunters. This is ridiculous. I don't even play Halo, but I know Master Chief would R*** him, and then T-ball him. Boba Fett = Way Overrated. Obviously George Lucas just made him sweeter because fans liked a human with above peak level tech.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: MC? Limited in tech and versatility.

Forerunner technology >>>>>>>> Convenant Tech >> Boba Fett Tech >>> UNSC Tech.

So unless MC is limited to human tech, he actually has the advantage here.

Jmarshmallow

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gojira2014

@jmarshmallow said:

@gojira2014: MC? Limited in tech and versatility.

Forerunner technology >>>>>>>> Convenant Tech >> Boba Fett Tech >>> UNSC Tech.

So unless MC is limited to human tech, he actually has the advantage here.

Jmarshmallow

I never bought the argument Forunner Tech >>> to anything honestly. After all, the Forunner tech FAILED to instant beat Human Tech made armor and shields of Master Chief. Just stating the obvious as i see it.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: That's mainly due to the fact that Chief is awesome.

But considering the fact that Covenant weaponry was highly capable of taking down most Spartans, and Forerunner technology was shown in-game to be superior to Covenant tech, I'm not really seeing how you can disagree.

The shield and armor are just so powerful that they can withstand a FEW hits, but not an outright BARRAGE. I doubt Fett's would be able to accomplish the same.

If all else fails, however, just remember that Chief's strongest attribute is luck.

Jmarshmallow

DarkusKnight13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a realy good and close match but I got my bet on felt he is a bounty hunter after all and lile most bounty hunters their realy good at killing theyare aalso smart and in top physical shape and do their research always going prepared for anybody

Gojira2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: That's mainly due to the fact that Chief is awesome.

But considering the fact that Covenant weaponry was highly capable of taking down most Spartans, and Forerunner technology was shown in-game to be superior to Covenant tech, I'm not really seeing how you can disagree.

The shield and armor are just so powerful that they can withstand a FEW hits, but not an outright BARRAGE. I doubt Fett's would be able to accomplish the same.

If all else fails, however, just remember that Chief's strongest attribute is luck.

Jmarshmallow

Luck is not measurable in any way and has no place in a debate at all base on judgement of fact.

Forunner Tech may be superior to covenant tech, but that does not translate to >>>>>>>>>> all these to any other tech. Covenant tech did not impress me at all. Also Human weapons tech in Halo as per many Halo/Sci Fi buffs is laughable to modern day best weapon tech.

Our tanks are more powerful in attack power than the damn Scorpion tank! The Machine guns humans and Spartans use is no more powerful than the heavy machine guns we have now, much less 50 Cals. The sniper Rifles are ok, but we have comparable weapons to the Halo Sniper Rifle since Vietnam honestly thanks to Depleted Uranium shells and such.

All in all the whole notion of Halo tech superior to anything in other Sci Fi is pretty dubious at best from various debates over it when compared to Star Craft, Warhammer 40K, Mass Effect, and even Star Wars weapons tech.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

1). As impressive as all that is, I already yielded that Boba has superior flying feats. My only argument is that it's not gonna matter.

As far as travel speed, Spartans on AVERAGE have been clocked at 55 KPH, and Master Chief is obviously no average Spartan. I'm fairly certain he went far faster than that, but he tore his Achilles Tendon.

In addition, MC OUTPACED and DEFLECTED a missile. And that's in addition to all his feats dodging automatic rifles and plasma weaponry. I don't see there being any issues taking Fett even with his flight advantage.

That isn't really a sufficient counter to Boba's flight speed. Boba goes much faster than 55 KPH in the air. Can I see Chief outpacing and deflecting a missile? That's pretty impressive at face value, but I don't see how it gets Boba out of the air.

2). I'm gonna have to disagree that Fett's combat speed is anywhere NEAR MC's. At a MINIMUM, Chief can react at 20 milliseconds. That was at the very BEGINNING of his career, and that was without the suit, since his suit increases all of his abilities like x3, including reaction time. Plus there's the fact that all his abilities increase once adrenaline kicks in.

I don't even believe that Fett has anywhere close to 20 millisecond reaction speed. And that's at base, Chief is actually much faster than that.

I already noted that Chief has better reaction speed. However, it doesn't matter how many milliseconds it takes Chief to react to something, because he needs to feats to suggest he can move fast enough, evasively and combatively, to outclass Boba. I don't see any. And as I noted, Boba has kept pace with Jedi, who have precognition and are fast enough to deflect blaster fire, so I don't see Chief as being able to outright stomp in relation to speed.

3). Considering that the explosions were made of plasma, and plasma is what the sun is made out of, I'd certainly say that plasma bouncing off of his suit is superior to lava.

So my question is, is his armor capable of tanking plasma? Because Convenant weapons are almost solely made of refined plasma, and Forerunner weaponry is even more powerful.

Granted, if Chief is restricted to solely UNSC weaponry, then this will be a bit harder on Chief. But I doubt that he can withstand even a couple shots from Convenant or Forerunner tech.

Lightsabers are basically pure plasma energy encased in a forcefield, and it bounced straight off of Fett's armor. It seems that their armor durability is quite.. even. Interesting.

Does he have any UNSC tech that could really damage Boba or keep up with his blaster weaponry which has laser-weaponry outclassed by four thousand years in the SW verse? I'd like to hear more about what covenant tech. Forerunner tech sounds a bit like projectile lightsaber-bolts, which could prove detrimental over a sustained assault, but that's only if they land.

4). Again, Chief is 100% capable of closing the distance at any point he wants to. And if he chooses to do so, Fett is done. Boba just couldn't compete in close quarter combat, not even close.

Not really. Unless Chief moves faster than Starfighter blaster-cannons, or a point blank explosion, I don't see why Boba can't fly away from him, engulf him in fire, drop a thermal detonator and continue his assault from the air, whittling down Chief's shields gradually. Boba isn't even necessarily dead right away in close quarters, as I've noted, he is probably just as if not more skilled in unarmed combat, fast enough to react to Chief, and has the capacity to hold his own until he can fly away.

5). As far as marksmanship feats go, I'm fairly certain I don't need to tell you anything besides the entire premise of the Halo games:

Using almost nothing besides guns, Master Chief takes down pretty much the entire Convenant race, who's tech is far superior to the Human race. And does the same to the even more technologically advanced Forerunner race.

I'd say that trumps almost any marksmanship feats that Boba has. I don't think Fett would be able to replicate that even with Chief's equipment, whereas I think Chief could do everything Boba did with Boba's equipment.

A lot of what you're saying is pretty unsubstantiated. Yes, canonically Chief goes through leagues of aliens. But I haven't seen a specific example, that isn't non-canon gameplay.

As a pure marksman, you haven't shown Chief doing anything more impressive than what I posted for Boba. Until you do, I hold my stance.

What they could do with each other's gear is just your own speculation. I want to see what Chief has done.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gojira2014: It actually is. Luck is a much of a factor as it would be in a John Constantine or Black Canary thread. You can't just ignore it because you don't like the premise.

Covenant weaponry is made out of plasma. The sun is made out of plasma. That alone makes it superior to Fett's tech.

And no, Halo UNSC tech is superior to our modern tech. It's just that the enemies they fight in the Halo series make it seem less impressive. But realistically, all but our most powerful weaponry would probably have no effect on a Brute, whereas even the most basic of UNSC weaponry can eventually take down a Brute.

Jmarshmallow

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tparks

No Caption Provided