Master Chief VS Black Panther

• 103 results
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

Chief in a good one. The energy sword being the deal sealer.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@darkraiden said:

Yes he has. Iron Man who specifically prepped for him. That almost exactly describes Iron Man actually. And iron Man's energy shields are WAAAAY more advanced than Chief's so yeah energy daggers will work.

How does this exactly describe Iron Man? Tony has no remarkable hand-to-hand combat feats, training and/or experience, and in this case, reaction speed. Even with prep, Iron Man holds back severely against street-levelers, and it is consistently shown. He's been caught off guard by Gambit (and even commented that his tracking system wasn't quick enough to lock onto Remy), and temporarily pinned down by Winter Soldier. Yes, I'm aware the latter incident was partly due to Iron Man promising to Cap that he wouldn't hurt Bucky, but he still has plenty of non-lethal ways to take down the Winter Soldier. So even with prep, that's not exactly overly impressive. Also, from what I know, his energy shields are completely different from the MJOLNIR MARK VI's shielding system. I've already quoted it in my above post. IIRC, Iron Man's energy shields are used through the manipulation of magnetic fields, which are completely different from Chief's. That, and the daggers were only able to deactivate Iron Man's shields, not outright bypass them and cause damage. Plus Iron Man was trying to reason with T'Challa, as clearly evident in the dialogue. Meanwhile, you have Master Chief, who has been trained since he was six years old to efficiently take down his enemies while minimizing risk and capitalizing on efficiency. So not only does the generalization of "it worked on Iron Man's armor, so it should easily work on Master Chief's", incredibly flawed, but you didn't even take into account CIS and the context that was in those situations. I doubt Panther would be able to easily tag Chief with his energy daggers in an actual combat situation.

The energy sword can't even cut through vibranium since it, by definition, absorbs energy. So he'd need a normal sword for that.

I'm fairly certain that even regular blades have been able to cut between the vibranium weaving in order to injure Black Panther, so I don't see how Chief, who has superior reaction speed further amped by Cortana, wouldn't be able to do so. Keep in mind that Chief isn't exactly ignorant in the field of swordsmanship, and was able to hold his own against a high-ranked Elite that had been trained in combat since a very young age. There's that scan where an energy dagger seemed to be ineffective against Panther, but it wasn't stabbed between the weaving as far as I'm aware. Also, is the eye section of the Black Panther suit vibranium too? Because if it isn't, that is a vulnerable section, and Chief has pulled off shots through the eyes before in the novels.

And IMO Panther has at least equal reaction speeds, if not faster than what I've heard from Chief.

You are entitled to your opinion, but statistics beg to differ. Fresh out of augmentations, before the SPARTAN-II candidates even fully adapted to their enhancements, they had the reaction time of twenty milliseconds. An average human has a reaction time of two hundred milliseconds. From what I know trained, athletic humans may shorten that by a bit, but still, it doesn't compare, and you have to note the SPARTAN-II candidates haven't adjusted to their augmentations yet. This effectively makes them ten times faster than a human in terms of reaction speed since they were mere teenagers.

No Caption Provided

Note that Mendez says their reaction time, that is already in the twenty millisecond range, is "significantly faster in combat situations, when their adrenaline is pumping." While the amount they've (including Master Chief) improved in terms of reaction speed isn't quantifiable, it is significant and notable at the very least. Yes, this is still the SPARTAN-II's out of armor. In their MJOLNIR MARK IV armor, their reaction speed, strength, and other statistics are increased by a factor of five.

No Caption Provided

I think you can do the math from here. Chief is significantly faster than T'Challa in terms of reaction speed, and not only does he have the numbers to back it up, but he's got the feats too. From easily dodging point-blank rounds out-of-armor since he was a teenager, to evading Covenant Plasma and Forerunner Hardlight projectiles, John has displayed his insane reaction speed throughout his career on a daily basis. Not only that, but with Cortana amping his neural connections, he sees people, even highly trained Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, in slow-motion.

No Caption Provided

Keep in mind Cortana's aid has enabled Chief to bat away a missile at point-blank range as she did complex trajectory calculations while said rocket was racing towards them. So if Cortana can calculate the trajectory of a freaking SkyHawk Fighter's homing missile, I think she can do the same with Black Panther. This highlights my next point: even if Panther has reaction speed equal or slightly better than John, the latter still has Cortana for calculations and to amp his neural connections. She can multi-task as well, hacking into ships while simultaneously updating Chief's navigation data in his HUD, while also opening communication network systems with UNSC personnel that are protected from outside interference and risk of spying from Covenant. Either way Chief has the advantage here in reaction speed and brain processing speed thanks to Cortana.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By jashro44

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

A standard MA5B Assault Rifle fires 7.62mm FMJ rounds. They're also commonly equipped with a plentiful amount of Armor Piercing and Shredder rounds. A standard M6C Magnum carries 12.7x40mm M228 Semi-Armor-Piercing High-Penetration or .50 Magnum Caliber Rounds. Hopefully this gives you a better idea of if it can penetrate or wear down Panther's force field generator. As for T'Challa's teleporter, I'm not sure if he uses it as a BFR method or as self-transportation. If it's the latter, Chief has faced off against vast squads of Promethean Knights, which are able to teleport considerable distances as a means of dodging gunfire and throwing off their opponents.

Yea he can probably get through the force field with those. As for teleportation it is the latter:

No Caption Provided

Anyways all though Chief may have experience fighting other teleporters are they as fast and skilled as black panther is? IMO that can make a huge difference.

I'm aware that the energy daggers can go intangible, as I've seen them bypass Ultron's adamantium armor and destroy his circuits inside. That being said, it's never shown to ability to do so against energy shielding/force fields, which, in Halo, are "a field of energized particles which will seal around any form of surface, which will deflect physical objects." It's only shown the ability to deactivate them, and that's debatable of if it can replicate the same feat to the MJOLNIR energy shielding. Even then, Chief is fast enough to prevent damage and allow his shields to recharge. While his force field may be powerful, what is its area of effect? T'Challa doesn't seem to whip this gadget out much, especially in regards to a one-on-one confrontation. Then there's the thruster pack that I've mentioned, that will allow Chief to move around such obstacles. Sure, T'Challa is the superior hand-to-hand combatant, but John has superior strength, isn't lacking in fighting skills himself, and has superior reaction speed. This is not to mention Cortana aiding him, his energy shields that are most likely going to still be up, and the energy sword that can potentially stab between the vibranium weaving. Black Panther may dismantle people stronger than him, but he hasn't dismantled people stronger than him, with tons of training and experience, versatility and various abilities, energy shielding, formidable hand-to-hand combat prowess, and reaction speed. You're making vague generalizations and trying to apply them to Chief when they obviously don't. By the way, if the Energy Sword manages to cut between the vibranium weaving and penetrates into T'Challa, it's an instant-kill since the blade burned and cauterized internal organs.

The force field isn't that big its about the size of caps shield. The reason he hasn't used it is because he just got it during marvel now. He has been upgraded to king of the dead and we don't really know if he carries the same gear from before (so far he has shown to carry an insulated costume, energy daggers, a force field projector, cloaking device, and a teleporter). Concerning the vibranium suit I doubt chief can bypass is considering it absorbs energy (this also applies to you @granitesoldier). I have a scan above of it absorbing energy daggers (energy daggers were used recently to cut an alternate universe version of terrax), it also protected him from a blast from star dust as well. All though with that said it isn't confirmed if current black panther has the vibranium suit so that isn't really a factor at the moment since we don't know. How strong is John because current black panther punched a hole through a cyborg (I can upload scans if needed just ask).

Black Panther punching a hole and the guys back explodes
Hickman confirming it was black panthers physical strength which caused the explosion.
Hickman confirming it was black panthers physical strength which caused the explosion.

@darkraiden When did he use the force field in infinity? I don't really remember him using it.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I thoguht current BP didn't have vibranium? And Chief seems to be in the 3-5 ton range. The energy sword also isn't "energy" as we think of it in comics. The blade is actually formed of ionized electron-based gas that is magnetically held in place by two magnet-field generators in the hilt of the sword. It has a reputation of being able to cut thorugh the toughest metals in the Halo-verse with little, if any, resistance. Now, comic metals like adamantium and vibranium may be stronger, but since it isn't a typical "energy" as Marvel uses the term for it's energy projection-based heroes (like Captain Marvel) it's debatable if it would cut through vibranium.

However, as you stated, vibranium isn't in this fight so it really isn't useful debating the merits of his armor.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44: I thoguht current BP didn't have vibranium? And Chief seems to be in the 3-5 ton range. The energy sword also isn't "energy" as we think of it in comics. The blade is actually formed of ionized electron-based gas that is magnetically held in place by two magnet-field generators in the hilt of the sword. It has a reputation of being able to cut thorugh the toughest metals in the Halo-verse with little, if any, resistance. Now, comic metals like adamantium and vibranium may be stronger, but since it isn't a typical "energy" as Marvel uses the term for it's energy projection-based heroes (like Captain Marvel) it's debatable if it would cut through vibranium.

However, as you stated, vibranium isn't in this fight so it really isn't useful debating the merits of his armor.

Yea he doesn't have the vibranium suit. I thought you were assuming he did (my mistake). All though what exactly makes the energy sword more useful against black panther then a gun? Isn't it a melee weapon? Chief is probably stronger I guess. All though black panther has energy daggers so it doesn't matter too much.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Yeah strength won't matter much with the weapons these two are carrying. I'd say Chief is faster, but canonly the energy sword is the one weapon he isn't a master with. BP, however, is very familiar with his energy daggers. That comfort, speaking from experience, can make up for a speed difference. You need to know your weapon like your own arm and use it as an extension of yoruself. Chief is a very naturally skilled combatant with the sword, but hasn't mastered it like his ranged weapons. It is a melee weapon, but as I explained above it isn't like what we think of when considering a "normal" energy weapon. It's also a bit like a lightsaber, it can cut through anything (at least anything it's come across thus far).

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By godzilla44
DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

Yes he has. Iron Man who specifically prepped for him. That almost exactly describes Iron Man actually. And iron Man's energy shields are WAAAAY more advanced than Chief's so yeah energy daggers will work.

How does this exactly describe Iron Man? Tony has no remarkable hand-to-hand combat feats, training and/or experience, and in this case, reaction speed. Even with prep, Iron Man holds back severely against street-levelers, and it is consistently shown. He's been caught off guard by Gambit (and even commented that his tracking system wasn't quick enough to lock onto Remy), and temporarily pinned down by Winter Soldier. Yes, I'm aware the latter incident was partly due to Iron Man promising to Cap that he wouldn't hurt Bucky, but he still has plenty of non-lethal ways to take down the Winter Soldier. So even with prep, that's not exactly overly impressive. Also, from what I know, his energy shields are completely different from the MJOLNIR MARK VI's shielding system. I've already quoted it in my above post. IIRC, Iron Man's energy shields are used through the manipulation of magnetic fields, which are completely different from Chief's. That, and the daggers were only able to deactivate Iron Man's shields, not outright bypass them and cause damage. Plus Iron Man was trying to reason with T'Challa, as clearly evident in the dialogue. Meanwhile, you have Master Chief, who has been trained since he was six years old to efficiently take down his enemies while minimizing risk and capitalizing on efficiency. So not only does the generalization of "it worked on Iron Man's armor, so it should easily work on Master Chief's", incredibly flawed, but you didn't even take into account CIS and the context that was in those situations. I doubt Panther would be able to easily tag Chief with his energy daggers in an actual combat situation.

The energy sword can't even cut through vibranium since it, by definition, absorbs energy. So he'd need a normal sword for that.

I'm fairly certain that even regular blades have been able to cut between the vibranium weaving in order to injure Black Panther, so I don't see how Chief, who has superior reaction speed further amped by Cortana, wouldn't be able to do so. Keep in mind that Chief isn't exactly ignorant in the field of swordsmanship, and was able to hold his own against a high-ranked Elite that had been trained in combat since a very young age. There's that scan where an energy dagger seemed to be ineffective against Panther, but it wasn't stabbed between the weaving as far as I'm aware. Also, is the eye section of the Black Panther suit vibranium too? Because if it isn't, that is a vulnerable section, and Chief has pulled off shots through the eyes before in the novels.

And IMO Panther has at least equal reaction speeds, if not faster than what I've heard from Chief.

You are entitled to your opinion, but statistics beg to differ. Fresh out of augmentations, before the SPARTAN-II candidates even fully adapted to their enhancements, they had the reaction time of twenty milliseconds. An average human has a reaction time of two hundred milliseconds. From what I know trained, athletic humans may shorten that by a bit, but still, it doesn't compare, and you have to note the SPARTAN-II candidates haven't adjusted to their augmentations yet. This effectively makes them ten times faster than a human in terms of reaction speed since they were mere teenagers.

No Caption Provided

Note that Mendez says their reaction time, that is already in the twenty millisecond range, is "significantly faster in combat situations, when their adrenaline is pumping." While the amount they've (including Master Chief) improved in terms of reaction speed isn't quantifiable, it is significant and notable at the very least. Yes, this is still the SPARTAN-II's out of armor. In their MJOLNIR MARK IV armor, their reaction speed, strength, and other statistics are increased by a factor of five.

No Caption Provided

I think you can do the math from here. Chief is significantly faster than T'Challa in terms of reaction speed, and not only does he have the numbers to back it up, but he's got the feats too. From easily dodging point-blank rounds out-of-armor since he was a teenager, to evading Covenant Plasma and Forerunner Hardlight projectiles, John has displayed his insane reaction speed throughout his career on a daily basis. Not only that, but with Cortana amping his neural connections, he sees people, even highly trained Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, in slow-motion.

No Caption Provided

Keep in mind Cortana's aid has enabled Chief to bat away a missile at point-blank range as she did complex trajectory calculations while said rocket was racing towards them. So if Cortana can calculate the trajectory of a freaking SkyHawk Fighter's homing missile, I think she can do the same with Black Panther. This highlights my next point: even if Panther has reaction speed equal or slightly better than John, the latter still has Cortana for calculations and to amp his neural connections. She can multi-task as well, hacking into ships while simultaneously updating Chief's navigation data in his HUD, while also opening communication network systems with UNSC personnel that are protected from outside interference and risk of spying from Covenant. Either way Chief has the advantage here in reaction speed and brain processing speed thanks to Cortana.

Iron Man has training from Captain freaking America. He's sufficiently trained in hand to hand as much, if not more so than Chief. As for his reaction speeds, he's reacted to blitzes from Sentry, he dodges Spider-man, machine gun bullets, Missiles, and has reacted and adjusted to attacks in .004 seconds. He has incredible reaction speeds.

Also, in the fight I'm talking about, not only did Iron Man specifically prep for Panther, but he tried to essentially drown him and take him down many times. No reasoning at all.

20 milliseconds is...eh. Dodging machine gun bullets is just as impressive.

Panther has just plain out outspeeded Spider-man (at least mach 4, again, which is much more than just 10x faster than a human), dodged Wolverine (another guy who moves so fast he disappears and dodges machine gun bullets), CAUGHT projectiles thrown by the accuracy of Bullseye (the same guy who can throw a toothpick through a window from 100 m away), He's jumped inside of Invisible Woman's forcefield before it can close, he's also dodged repulsor rays, and more. I'd say he's faster than Chief. At the very least he's equal.

Also, you seem to think that Panther only throws energy daggers, when he does use his daggers as actual melee weapons. That means one hit = forcefield down and milliseconds later, another deads the feeling in Chief's chest or arm, then again he's completely KO'd. Panther takes hits from Killmonger w/o his armor on (can kill Elephants in one punch) and fought him for 13 hours.

There's not many ways Chief can win. He has Cortana? She's not as good as Panther's own mind or Spidey's spider sense that Panther has beaten before. Or Karnak's power.

Pretty much nothing he can do. Energy daggers are too much of an advantage. Add on that Black Panther's simply better in nearly every way and it's not close.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Yea he can probably get through the force field with those. As for teleportation it is the latter:

No Caption Provided

Anyways all though Chief may have experience fighting other teleporters are they as fast and skilled as black panther is? IMO that can make a huge difference.

Seems like a neat gadget/trick. Does T'Challa use it often in-combat or does he just use it to teleport out of a dangerous situation? Unless he uses it Nightcrawler-style, I don't see it being a huge advantage considering Chief fought Prometheans that used teleportation frequently and in-combat. As for their skill and experience, they have a significant amount of each considering they're mere fodder compared to Chief.

These guys were created by the Didact towards the end of the Forerunner era, which I believe is around 40,000 BCE. In terms of experience, they've been here for a very, very long time. In terms of skill, they're specifically created, designed, and programmed for combat, whether it be close-quarters, sniper, or scout. They're also incredibly durable due to their hard light armor, and have weaponry that deteriorate their victims on a molecular level. On top of that, they can summon auto-sentries that not only fire upon the enemy, but catch projectiles such as grenades and launch them back at the thrower (including plasma grenades).

The force field isn't that big its about the size of caps shield. The reason he hasn't used it is because he just got it during marvel now. He has been upgraded to king of the dead and we don't really know if he carries the same gear from before (so far he has shown to carry an insulated costume, energy daggers, a force field projector, cloaking device, and a teleporter). Concerning the vibranium suit I doubt chief can bypass is considering it absorbs energy (this also applies to you @granitesoldier). I have a scan above of it absorbing energy daggers (energy daggers were used recently to cut an alternate universe version of terrax), it also protected him from a blast from star dust as well. All though with that said it isn't confirmed if current black panther has the vibranium suit so that isn't really a factor at the moment since we don't know. How strong is John because current black panther punched a hole through a cyborg (I can upload scans if needed just ask).

@darkraiden When did he use the force field in infinity? I don't really remember him using it.

I think Chief could bypass the force-field either by maneuvering around it or using the energy sword, which is able to bypass energy shields and pierce titanium armor. He has fought Jackals with shield gauntlets before, as well as Elites completely protected by their own energy shields, and of course, the mentioned Prometheans with hard-light shields. I think if T'Challa doesn't have his vibranium suit, the Energy Sword has a chance of penetrating it with a full-on thrust. It's displayed to be able to cut through every and any metal, and has the ability to bypass energy shields due to its unique function. John's superior strength would also be able to knock Panther out in a lengthy hand-to-hand encounter since Panther doesn't have his vibranium armor absorbing the heavy blows. With vibranium armor, I think Black Panther has a better chance. It'll be tricky to somehow penetrate the armor, but Chief has the reaction-speed, especially when amped by Cortana, to shoot or stab between the vibranium weaving. It's been done before by less impressive combatants am I correct? I'm by no means saying it is an easy task for John, nor that he would automatically deduce it, but I do think it is a huge possibility because of his adaptability, reaction-speed, and impressive intellect of his own. He's done a similar task when fighting Hunters, who have completely unbreakable armor and a huge shield, and can only be harmed in their soft, gooey, worm-like areas. Another point I want to bring up is that, even though Black Panther's current suit, vibranium or not, is very durable, I firmly believe that Chief is more durable. His energy shields have withstood atmospheric re-entry (and his armor's gel system alone tanked the impact), countless high-caliber machine gun rounds, concentrated plasma designed to destroy air-crafts, and hard-light that completely destroys opponents on a molecular level. All of this John was still conscious save for the atmospheric re-entry. Also, the vibranium has weak spots, like between the weaving where it can be penetrated, similar to New 52 Deathstroke's Nth-metal armor. Chief on the other hand, has energy shields that envelop his entire armor/body, and recharges at an extremely fast pace. Regarding strength, I also think John is the physical better of T'Challa. He's most likely in the 3-5 ton range, and has completely shattered Elite spines with his blows. Mind you Elites make even the toughest humans look like children and can toss ODST around like ragdolls. As children without MJOLNIR they were able to dent heavily armored exoskeletons, and as adults in MJOLNIR, are able to flip Warthogs and like vehicles, kill Covenant with mere punches, and rip off automated machine gun turrents. I certainly see Chief being able to replicate the "punching through cyborg" feat that Panther has displayed.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By darkseid1006

@jashro44: depending on what he's equipped with I think promethian vision could do it but that's not in his standard gear and I don't know if it comes with his suit

EDIT John's MJOLNIR armour has always had nifty sensors in that show where a target is at the bottom left hand side of his helmet

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By godzilla44

bump

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

master chief wins

loplopool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master chief is about a 10 tonner plus one punch kill and that sword if he used would go through

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

@jashro44: Yeah strength won't matter much with the weapons these two are carrying. I'd say Chief is faster, but canonly the energy sword is the one weapon he isn't a master with. BP, however, is very familiar with his energy daggers. That comfort, speaking from experience, can make up for a speed difference. You need to know your weapon like your own arm and use it as an extension of yoruself. Chief is a very naturally skilled combatant with the sword, but hasn't mastered it like his ranged weapons. It is a melee weapon, but as I explained above it isn't like what we think of when considering a "normal" energy weapon. It's also a bit like a lightsaber, it can cut through anything (at least anything it's come across thus far).

Chief was able to hold his own against an Elite with an Energy Sword. It's impressive considering he just got his hands on the weapon, and that the Elite has a lifetime of experience with it (Sangheili train with their uncles in swordsmanship since they are little kids).

Loading Video...

Iron Man has training from Captain freaking America. He's sufficiently trained in hand to hand as much, if not more so than Chief. As for his reaction speeds, he's reacted to blitzes from Sentry, he dodges Spider-man, machine gun bullets, Missiles, and has reacted and adjusted to attacks in .004 seconds. He has incredible reaction speeds.

Just because he was trained (probably not even extensively) by Captain America, doesn't make him an impressive martial artist by any standard. What feats does Iron Man even have in terms of hand-to-hand combat? All he does is punch and kick when he's in the suit, so even if he does have training, it's irrelevant. I find it hard to believe he's better trained than Master Chief, who was taught close-quarters combat, as well as battle strategies and tactics, since he was six years old. Plus, John has the feats to back it up. He's accidentally killed multiple ODST by accident in a fight when he was a mere teenager, and was able to out-wrestle a Brute, his physical superior, with internal injuries and a malfunctioning energy shield. I'm also aware that Iron Man has top-notch reaction speed in his armor, but you've only strengthened my point. Despite him being able to react to the likes of the Sentry, he's still tagged by someone like T'Challa. How? Well the only logical explanation is that he is holding back, and the dialogue also fortifies this argument.

Also, in the fight I'm talking about, not only did Iron Man specifically prep for Panther, but he tried to essentially drown him and take him down many times. No reasoning at all.

That doesn't sound in character for Tony to try and drown someone. I'm pretty sure his suit can monitor people's bio-signatures, and was aiming to knock out Panther non-lethally. And if there is no reasoning, how come he's talking to them and trying to avoid a direct confrontation? You honestly think Iron Man couldn't kill people like Gambit and Panther if he really wanted to? C'mon man. That's silly.

20 milliseconds is...eh. Dodging machine gun bullets is just as impressive.

Which is why Master Chief goes the extra mile and dodges plasma and hard-light projectiles.

Panther has just plain out outspeeded Spider-man (at least mach 4, again, which is much more than just 10x faster than a human), dodged Wolverine (another guy who moves so fast he disappears and dodges machine gun bullets), CAUGHT projectiles thrown by the accuracy of Bullseye (the same guy who can throw a toothpick through a window from 100 m away), He's jumped inside of Invisible Woman's forcefield before it can close, he's also dodged repulsor rays, and more. I'd say he's faster than Chief. At the very least he's equal.

Incredibly flawed logic here. First of all, Spider-Man only goes Mach 4 when he's incredibly determined and is going all out from what I've seen. Second, Panther is not faster than Peter, and if he has out-speeded him legitimately, it is because Spidey was holding back. Sure, Spider-Man has compared Panther's speed to his own, but that statement was only impressive because we all know Peter's faster than T'Challa. Wolverine has managed to trick Spider-Man into thinking the former was faster than him. I highly doubt Black Panther regularly moves at Mach 4 speeds. Dodging Wolverine is a decent showing, but then again, so can Master Chief. Dodging machine gun bullets is pretty low on the list of dangerous projectiles John has dodged. Catching projectiles by Bullseye is also impressive, but that has more to do with hand-eye coordination and skill than reaction speed. Lester has good accuracy, but the speed of the actual projectiles doesn't touch plasma or hard-light. Repulsor rays also doesn't seem to compare with Covenant and Promethean technology. As for Invisible Woman's forcefield, I'm confident that Chief could replicate the same thing, especially when he has his thruster pack. I don't see T'Challa being Chief's equal in terms of reaction speed or travel speed.

Also, you seem to think that Panther only throws energy daggers, when he does use his daggers as actual melee weapons. That means one hit = forcefield down and milliseconds later, another deads the feeling in Chief's chest or arm, then again he's completely KO'd. Panther takes hits from Killmonger w/o his armor on (can kill Elephants in one punch) and fought him for 13 hours.

I know what T'Challa is capable of. I know that he can use his energy daggers as a melee weapon. In fact, he often primarily uses it as a melee weapon instead of a thrown weapon. You've also haven't provided an argument on how the energy dagger would get past the energy shields. It's speculative at best, and while he's taken down Iron Man's shields, the two function in completely different ways. You're also assuming that Chief doesn't have the reaction time to evade the energy daggers from digging into his armor. You're contradicting yourself. If Panther is equal to Chief in combat speed, how would he be able to blitz him in a millisecond with another blow? Even if the energy dagger somehow connects, John is durable enough to tank it. He's shrugged off internal damage countless times before with fatigue. That, and his armor automatically injects bio-foam upon injury. Mind you, this is something that has been able to allow SPARTAN-II's to fight with internal bleeding and a massive laceration. Taking hits from Killmonger isn't exactly applicable with an Energy Sword that not only can slice through any metal and easily halve a grown man, but also completely burn and cauterize internal organs. Even Wolverine would (temporarily) die from that. Not only that, but Chief has good durability too. He theorized he was able to survive a 30 meter drop without even breaking any bones as a teenager without armor. With the MJOLNIR armor, he can easily tank 3-5 ton punches from Brutes and Hunters without a single scratch.

There's not many ways Chief can win. He has Cortana? She's not as good as Panther's own mind or Spidey's spider sense that Panther has beaten before. Or Karnak's power.

There are plenty of ways. Without the vibranium armor, he could arguably slice through T'Challa's suit and instantly kill him when it makes contact. He could headshot him in his unprotected eye section, which is definitely possible with Cortana amping his neural connections. I also firmly believe Cortana is smarter, if not at least more useful in a combat scenario than T'Challa's own intellect. Cortana is loaded with all of the UNSC's information from all their databases. This includes combat scenarios, modules, tips, tactics, strategies, and more. Even if Panther is more intelligent, not all of his knowledge is useful in a fight anyways. I'll state it again: Cortana has amped Chief's reaction speeds and underwent extremely complex calculations to allow him to back-hand a homing missile at point-blank range. T'Challa can't process data as fast as Cortana, and that will be his downfall.

Pretty much nothing he can do. Energy daggers are too much of an advantage. Add on that Black Panther's simply better in nearly every way and it's not close.

Energy shields are too much of an advantage for Chief here because of how fast he is. Even if the daggers shut down the shields, T'Challa will still have to tag his titanium armor. Considering Master Chief's incredible reaction time, I find that very difficult for Panther to pull off. Couple that with the fact that the energy shields recharge at a fast rate when not under damage, and Panther is up for some trouble. Meanwhile, Black Panther's armor has vulnerable spots, such as the eyes and between the vibranium weaving. I could see Black Panther cloaking or teleporting to try and throw off Chief, to no avail via the reasons I've stated, opening a chance for Chief to strike at his vulnerable spots. Even if Black Panther does win, I find it unreasonable to think that John has nothing in his arsenal and skill-set capable of taking him out. And how is Black Panther better in every way? You've given me feats that either are equal to Chief's at best or can be replicated by Chief. The only category T'Challa is superior in is martial arts ability and intelligence, and the latter isn't useful since Cortana is there to aid.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By godzilla44

This is my favorite thread :)

No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

This is my favorite thread :)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

HEE HEEE Love this thread...OW!!!!!

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think Panther wins this. The anti-metal claws, suit, energy daggers, and teleporter are a nightmare to deal with. He is also the greater tactical genius here.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'm 100% confident he will cut through the energy shields. Nothing says different, and energy daggers have been used to cut through better forcefeilds than Chief has.

Just saying, Iron Man has some speed feats. As shown. As for his fighting skills, if it makes you feel any better, Black Panther also beat a seemingly bloodlusted Iron Fist, who is one of the top Martial Artists in the Marvel Universe, and who hits with the strength of a freight train and who has outright caught bullets before. Black Panther won while holding back, and even wih IF having the advantage of his chi somehow tearing up his suit.

I'd also like to point out that internal damage is not the same as BURNING OUT NERVES. That means the feeling is gone, you can't move it, nothing works period. A few strikes from BP and Chief is out.

Really, nothing more to say. BP's fast enough, a better fighter, just as strong, has taken better, faster, and stronger fighters and won while holding back. Chief really has no chance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 100% confident he will cut through the energy shields. Nothing says different, and energy daggers have been used to cut through better forcefeilds than Chief has.

There are only two instances from what I've seen where T'Challa's energy daggers have deactivated shields. One was with random shielding, and one was Iron Man's. Both function completely differently than the energy shields MJOLNIR has. While the Energy Sword is capable of bypassing MJOLNIR's shields, it's because it is "composed of two partially ionized 'blades' of free moving electron based gas held in a blade-like form by two small magnetic-field generators built into the handle of the weapon." Unless the energy daggers are similar to that, It's speculative at best on if it can deactivate Chief's shields. It's possible, but to say it has a 100% chance to do so is ignorant.

Just saying, Iron Man has some speed feats. As shown. As for his fighting skills, if it makes you feel any better, Black Panther also beat a seemingly bloodlusted Iron Fist, who is one of the top Martial Artists in the Marvel Universe, and who hits with the strength of a freight train and who has outright caught bullets before. Black Panther won while holding back, and even wih IF having the advantage of his chi somehow tearing up his suit.

Iron Man has more speed feats that aren't applicable when he goes up against street-levelers because of his morals and the fact that he is holding back by a severe margin. Your point is? I'm also already aware that Black Panther is superior in the field of martial arts, but that isn't to say that Chief is completely inept as well. Red Skull was able to give T'Challa a challenge in hand-to-hand combat. Chief, who has more extensive training, experience, and feats in close-quarters combat should be able to hold his own in order for him to either snatch a win or switch up his strategy. Chief is capable of absolutely wrecking fully trained ODST while holding back as well.

Keep in mind that ODST aren't mere fodder as well. They had an entire game focused on them (Halo 3:ODST), a limited comic series (Halo: Helljumpers), and some notable feats from Halo: Initiation as well. Yet, whether as a child unarmored or as a man armored, John is able to easily dispatch ODST while holding back. I'm not saying Black Panther can't replicate this, but this proves my point that Chief is fully capable of staying in the fight in a hand-to-hand combat encounter. Master Chief has also been able to defeat a Brute, his physical superior, in a close-quarters encounter with internal damage and malfunctioning shields. In another instance he killed an Elite with an Energy Sword with nothing but his fists despite him being worn down from fatigue after fighting on the Halo Ring. IIRC, he had malfunctioning shields in the fight with the Elite too. It's also to note that the Elite was most likely Special Ops since it was mentioned to have black armor.

I'd also like to point out that internal damage is not the same as BURNING OUT NERVES. That means the feeling is gone, you can't move it, nothing works period. A few strikes from BP and Chief is out.

I never said it was the same? In fact, the Energy Sword is more lethal than burning out nerves. I'm pretty sure being unable to move your arm or leg is not as bad as having your internal organs completely cauterized. It's not like SPARTAN-II's can fight without their arms of legs right? Oh wait a minute! James-005, a no-name SPARTAN-II compared to John, has his entire arm burned off due to a plasma cannon shot from a Hunter. This is in Sigma Octanus IV where the SPARTAN-II's still had the MJOLNIR MARK IV model...the ones without energy shields.

Yet with the mentioned injury, James was able shrug off the pain and leap back in the fight, even going far as to assist the SPARTAN-II's in moving a multi-ton monolith. This may seem like a bit ABC logic to you, but I'm fully confident that Chief is able to fight with some burned nerves if James fought without his arm. John wouldn't win by any means if he does get his nerves burned, but the point is that he would still put up a fight, whereas you think T'Challa would somehow stomp Master Chief with ease. Yeah, I don't think so.

Really, nothing more to say. BP's fast enough, a better fighter, just as strong, has taken better, faster, and stronger fighters and won while holding back. Chief really has no chance.

I agree. There really isn't much more to say. Master Chief is superior in reaction speed, physically more capable, has skill to hold his own, and single-handily fought through Covenant and Forerunner forces that I doubt T'Challa would be able to stand up against. He's also got a radar/motion sensor that would throw off Panther when it renders his stealth tactics futile, an automatic bio-foam injector that heals even grave injuries, energy shields that, even if are deactivated, would regenerate in no time, and the mentioned reaction speed to avoid being hit if the energy shields somehow go down. And what exactly are those "better, faster, and stronger fighters" that T'Challa has beaten? I'm pretty sure your answer is going to be characters like Iron Fist, Captain America, Wolverine, and Killmonger. Well guess what? Chief would beat all of those guys and even the resident CV experts on those characters would agree that Chief would gain a majority over them in a fight. Both Black Panther and Master Chief have a good chance of winning this fight. I find it hard to see how Chief has "no chance" when Panther regularly has trouble fighting against Captain America and Wolverine.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#70 frozen  Moderator

ODST's are definitely not canon-fodder, one play of Halo 3: ODST confirms that. But here is the novelization of a 14 year old Chief fighting the ODST's, which has more description than the comic (from The Fall of Reach):

He went to the boxing ring, slipped through the ropes, and stood there waiting.This was starting to make sense. It was a mission. John had received orders from a superior officer, andthe four men were now targets.The big ODST pushed through the ropes and the others gathered to watch. “I’m going to rip you topieces, meat,” he grunted through clenched teeth.John sprang off his back foot and launched his entire weight behind his first strike. His fist smashed intothe man’s wide chin. John’s left hand followed and impacted on the soldier’s jaw.The man’s hands came up; John stepped in, pinned one of the man’s arms to his chest, and followedthrough with a hook to his floating ribs. Bones broke.The man staggered back. John took a short step, brought his heel down on the man’s knee. Three morepunches and the man was against the ropes . . . then he stopped moving, his arm and leg and neck til tedat unnatural angles.The three other men moved. The one with the bloody nose grabbed an iron bar. John didn’t need orders this time. Three attackers at once—he had to take them out before theysurrounded him. He might be faster, but he didn’t have eyes in the back of his head.The man with the iron bar swung a vicious blow at John’s ribs; John sidestepped, grabbed the man’shand, and clamped it to the bar. He twisted the bar and crushed the bones of his attacker’s wrist.John snapped a side kick toward the second man, caught him in the groin, crushing the soft organs andbreaking his target’s pelvis.John pulled the bar free—whipped around and caught the third man in the neck, hitting him so hard theODST was propelled over the ropes.“At ease, Number 117,” Chief Petty Officer Mendez barked. John obeyed and dropped the bar. Like the pin, it seemed to take too long for the impromptu weapon tohit the deck.The ODSTs lay crumpled on the ground, either unconscious or dead.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DarkRaiden

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: After going through all that I still maintain that Panther easily wins. He's still faster, as strong, BETTER, and has superior equipment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: After going through all that I still maintain that Panther easily wins. He's still faster, as strong, BETTER, and has superior equipment.

Mind sharing your reasons? You have provided nothing to suggest T'Challa is faster by a significant margin. Better? How? It seems your fanboyism for Black Panther is clouding your judgement if you think he easily wins. Even I have to admit that T'Challa has a chance to take out Chief. That being said, I find it more likely for John to surface as the victor.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

Mind sharing your reasons? You have provided nothing to suggest T'Challa is faster by a significant margin. Better? How? It seems your fanboyism for Black Panther is clouding your judgement if you think he easily wins. Even I have to admit that T'Challa has a chance to take out Chief. That being said, I find it more likely for John to surface as the victor.

I....did share my reasons? He's easily beaten and dodged faster people and projectiles. He's beaten the likes of Iron Fist who's extremely fast, powerful (hits like a freight train with EACH hit), and skilled, he has energy daggers that cancel out forcefields and burn out nerves. I don't see any counters to these alone. Add in his teleporter and his own forcefield/shield and it's really nothing Chief can do to him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraidensaid:

@darkraiden said:

I....did share my reasons? He's easily beaten and dodged faster people and projectiles. He's beaten the likes of Iron Fist who's extremely fast, powerful (hits like a freight train with EACH hit), and skilled, he has energy daggers that cancel out forcefields and burn out nerves. I don't see any counters to these alone. Add in his teleporter and his own forcefield/shield and it's really nothing Chief can do to him.

Hmm...disappointing. I thought you still had some other reasons on why Black Panther would be able to "easily" win this, but I guess not. Instead of making vague statements, could you care to provide examples for these so called "faster" combatants? You keep referring to Iron Fist when that encounter isn't applicable in this situation in the slightest. Danny is by all means fast, and he's easily dodged bullets. However, I haven't seen him dodge bullets from notable combatants, at least not to a degree where they're comparable to Master Chief. Iron Fist's chi-enhanced punches may be as powerful as a freight train, but that, again, is not applicable to this situation. Soaking blunt damage is not the same as piercing damage, both of which bullets and the Energy Sword categorize under. Plus, T'Challa had his vibranium suit to absorb the kinetic energy of the punches in that situation, and since that isn't confirmed to be standard equipment for Panther as of yet, it isn't exactly a reliable feat to use.

No Caption Provided

As you can see above, the quote states "Guess the ENERGY DAMPENING Vibranium microweave under Panther's costume was worth every dime. Though long-term effects of being repeatedly hit by a freight train are probably not good....". Sure the MARVEL NOW Black Panther has tanked some impressive amounts of damage, there is nothing to suggest (to my knowledge) that he could tank freight train level hits without the vibranium. And even if there are, I'd argue it is PIS/WIS since the quote heavily implies T'Challa wouldn't be able to survive continuous damage to that level. As for skill, I've already explained how that isn't a huge factor in this fight considering Chief's stats, armor, and own hand-to-hand combat prowess. The teleporter hasn't even been used consistently in-combat Nightcrawler style, and the MJOLNIR radar/motion tracker would easily thwart teleportation and stealth attacks. The forcefield Panther possesses hasn't been used consistently either, at least against a single opponent in a one-on-one encounter, but rather against large groups. Even then he hasn't used it enough to say he would automatically whip it out, and it's still not as impressive as the MJOLNIR MARK VI's energy shields anyways. It's just flat-out ignorant to believe that Panther would stomp this. I'm perfectly fine with someone believing that T'Challa wins this, as this is a good match-up. However, I find it a bit bias to hold the belief that Panther outright stomps. It's just laughable when you see even Captain America pose a challenge for T'Challa, and we all know Chief would slap around Steve.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Pather has shown great durability......suit or not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renaissanceman said:

Current Pather has shown great durability......suit or not.

And like I stated in my post, I am aware of that. However, it is completely different from the weapons Chief has. An Energy Sword would instantly kill any human if it penetrates.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If that's the Halo 1 pistol that Chief's toting there, Panther gets one-shotted.

(Sarcasm for anyone who is somehow unable to detect it.)

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol Master Chief's Armor is not stopping energy daggers from phasing straight through they have gone through frakking Ultron. And only in the dreams of Halo Fans is that armor better then Ultron. Not to mention anti-metal claws as well.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraidensaid:

@darkraiden said:

Hmm...disappointing. I thought you still had some other reasons on why Black Panther would be able to "easily" win this, but I guess not. Instead of making vague statements, could you care to provide examples for these so called "faster" combatants? You keep referring to Iron Fist when that encounter isn't applicable in this situation in the slightest. Danny is by all means fast, and he's easily dodged bullets. However, I haven't seen him dodge bullets from notable combatants, at least not to a degree where they're comparable to Master Chief. Iron Fist's chi-enhanced punches may be as powerful as a freight train, but that, again, is not applicable to this situation. Soaking blunt damage is not the same as piercing damage, both of which bullets and the Energy Sword categorize under. Plus, T'Challa had his vibranium suit to absorb the kinetic energy of the punches in that situation, and since that isn't confirmed to be standard equipment for Panther as of yet, it isn't exactly a reliable feat to use.

No Caption Provided

As you can see above, the quote states "Guess the ENERGY DAMPENING Vibranium microweave under Panther's costume was worth every dime. Though long-term effects of being repeatedly hit by a freight train are probably not good....". Sure the MARVEL NOW Black Panther has tanked some impressive amounts of damage, there is nothing to suggest (to my knowledge) that he could tank freight train level hits without the vibranium. And even if there are, I'd argue it is PIS/WIS since the quote heavily implies T'Challa wouldn't be able to survive continuous damage to that level. As for skill, I've already explained how that isn't a huge factor in this fight considering Chief's stats, armor, and own hand-to-hand combat prowess. The teleporter hasn't even been used consistently in-combat Nightcrawler style, and the MJOLNIR radar/motion tracker would easily thwart teleportation and stealth attacks. The forcefield Panther possesses hasn't been used consistently either, at least against a single opponent in a one-on-one encounter, but rather against large groups. Even then he hasn't used it enough to say he would automatically whip it out, and it's still not as impressive as the MJOLNIR MARK VI's energy shields anyways. It's just flat-out ignorant to believe that Panther would stomp this. I'm perfectly fine with someone believing that T'Challa wins this, as this is a good match-up. However, I find it a bit bias to hold the belief that Panther outright stomps. It's just laughable when you see even Captain America pose a challenge for T'Challa, and we all know Chief would slap around Steve.

Piercing damage is w/e, but...you realize the energy sword is not gonna do much against an ENERGY DAMPENING suit right? Like....it's the direct counter to neutralize it.

I already told you how he fought 13 hours with Killmonger, who killed an Elephant in one punch. 5 tons+ at least. He's also tanked hits from Hulk and Thing and more etc.

I didn't say he stomps unless he has vibranium, cause then Chief can't even hurt him. Like at all. It's an easy win because he's better in every category. And btw that continuous damage? He took literal barrages of Iron Fists' freight train punches. That's WHY he got messed up. It was repeated and often since he was holding back and tryna free his friend from mind control/bloodlust.

Also...Chief vs. Cap is a different debate but...I got Cap tbh. He also has INSANE feats and dat shield that Chief can do nothing about. Also Panther is and should be far above Cap, at worst stalemating him.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

simple. masterchief is an awesome fighter also he is super, superhuman!!!... also with tech and a good brain... he stomps.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MC

hunterzillas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By hunterzillas

After reading these posts, I say Master Chief wins 6/10 or 7/10, in a really good fight. In fact, this is what Super Power Beat down should have done.

Also bump.

@godzilla44 where did you get that GIF?

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By force_echo

@jashro44: He has withstood EMPS, but that was after the scan you just posted. Also, EMPS and what Black Panther just did are different. An EMP simply uses an electric field to interfere with electric current. Cutting through the weird comic book technobabble that doesn't make any sense, it seems as though Black Panther somehow synced his energy daggers with Iron Man's energy shields or something to take them out.

Also, Chief is just too fast for BP. With his genetic nerve enhancements coupled with AI synced reaction time, he's in the far superhuman range. There's no way BP going to hit him with any kind of weapons he has, while Chief is pretty much free to blast at Panther until he goes down.

BamVam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther stomps hes basically batman but with way better gear no one can get outside of Africa, way better suit, stronger, and a lot faster hell he beat FF alone MC is out classed

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The chief stomp.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheif stomps.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: He has withstood EMPS, but that was after the scan you just posted. Also, EMPS and what Black Panther just did are different. An EMP simply uses an electric field to interfere with electric current. Cutting through the weird comic book technobabble that doesn't make any sense, it seems as though Black Panther somehow synced his energy daggers with Iron Man's energy shields or something to take them out.

Also, Chief is just too fast for BP. With his genetic nerve enhancements coupled with AI synced reaction time, he's in the far superhuman range. There's no way BP going to hit him with any kind of weapons he has, while Chief is pretty much free to blast at Panther until he goes down.

I agree with you on the energy daggers however he's also used it on skrull tech force fields. He's never had problems using it to deactivate force fields and he's even used the features under 2 different writers.

What feats say Chief is too fast for black panther? And assuming he has the vibranium suit how does chief put black panther down?

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By force_echo

@jashro44: I mean, it's entirely possible that they can disable Chied's shields since I don't really know how they work, but could he keep doing it every time Chief's shield regenerates, and could he get close enough to use it in the first place?

No real feats, just stated capabilities. MC's reaction times are stated to be 20 milliseconds WITHOUT AI assistance. Taking the 5 times figure from above for his reaction time with AI, that's 4 milliseconds. Which is ridiculously, incomprehensibly fast. Adrenaline decreases it even further, as does a lifetime of training. And the way I understood it is that the Vibranium suit is bullet resistant, not completely bullet proof. If it is completely bullet proof, well then it's safe to say MC can't really hurt BP and the match is sort of pointless.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44: I mean, it's entirely possible that they can disable Chied's shields since I don't really know how they work, but could he keep doing it every time Chief's shield regenerates, and could he get close enough to use it in the first place?

No real feats, just stated capabilities. MC's reaction times are stated to be 20 milliseconds WITHOUT AI assistance. Taking the 5 times figure from above for his reaction time with AI, that's 4 milliseconds. Which is ridiculously, incomprehensibly fast. Adrenaline decreases it even further, as does a lifetime of training. And the way I understood it is that the Vibranium suit is bullet resistant, not completely bullet proof. If it is completely bullet proof, well then it's safe to say MC can't really hurt BP and the match is sort of pointless.

I don't see why not.

Spider-man has precognitive reaction time due to spider-sense and he got surprised by black panthers speed. Iron fist has caught bullets and black panther has kept up with him. As for the vibranium suit and it being bullet proof:

Its totally bullet proof.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Spider-Man getting surprised doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean BP is faster than Spidey, it just means that Spidey expected BP to be slower than he actually is, this doesn't really mean anything. And yeah, in comics everyone keeps up with each other. Someone like Kraven can land a hit on Spidey because it just isn't very good action otherwise.

As for that feat, that's simply ridiculous. Even then though, it seems like BP is in intense pain in the first panel, and the thugs aren't even using military grade hardware, mainly small caliber rounds and such. That is startling though, I didn't realize BP's suit was that powerful.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44: Spider-Man getting surprised doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean BP is faster than Spidey, it just means that Spidey expected BP to be slower than he actually is, this doesn't really mean anything. And yeah, in comics everyone keeps up with each other. Someone like Kraven can land a hit on Spidey because it just isn't very good action otherwise.

As for that feat, that's simply ridiculous. Even then though, it seems like BP is in intense pain in the first panel, and the thugs aren't even using military grade hardware, mainly small caliber rounds and such. That is startling though, I didn't realize BP's suit was that powerful.

Spider-man actually did state black panther was faster than him. I don't Black Panther is since Peter wasn't too serious but I think it shows that he is fast enough to tag Peter and give him problems at least:

No Caption Provided

And as for the suit being bullet proof to be honest thats not a high end feat for it. He's also taken hits from iron fist (and it was stated Danny hit him with the repeated force of a freight train), a blast from star dust, stopped a car tossed at him by hulk by using his vibranium soles, and has tanked an exploding car with no damage. The suit is vulnerable to choke holds and slashing along the grain though.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By force_echo

@jashro44: Like I said earlier, a lot of people far slower than him can tag him, it's part of comic book fights in general. He's been hit by normal criminals/muggers before. Plus in that scan BP pounced on him midair so there wasn't really a whole lot he could do to avoid it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Like I said earlier, a lot of people far slower than him can tag him, it's part of comic book fights in general. He's been hit by normal criminals/muggers before. Plus in that scan BP pounced on him midair so there wasn't really a whole lot he could do to avoid it.

But that doesn't change spider-mans dialogue. "Hello? What fight are you watching? I got spider-agility here! and nothing tops that! oomph. Except maybe panther agility in a rock paper scissors sort of way". Yea characters get tagged all the time but they don't always comment on the other characters speed.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther. On the surface this seems like an even match but Black Panther is just a terrible matchup for Master Chief.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Master Chief.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterChief in a very good battle.

The main problem is T'challa's energy daggers but John's speed and Cortana's ability to process information essentially reading BP's moves allows him to evade them. At a long-mid range John has a considerable advantage with the incredibly accurate Magnum and his powerful Assault Rifle. (Grenades will be very damaging and John is incredible skilled with all weapons). In close quarters the edge is less in favour of John because of BP's amazing H2H combat but again his natural reactions, Cortana, superior durability, and far greater strength will keep him going strong and the energy sword will be perfect for this. His thruster pack allows him to get the speed advantage in short bursts and improves his attacking and defensive capabilities.

T'challa would give him hell but in the end I see Spartan 117 taking this fight.