• 96 results
#1 Posted by godzilla44 (2917 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief has his current armor unlimited rounds for his guns which are a pistol and his assault rifle and 2 frags and a energy sword. He also has Cortana and

this is current BP and has his standard gear

morals on for both, no prep

fight takes place in the Gladiator arena

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by Erick_Williams (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief in a good battle, he is stronger and much more durable
he is an honorable spartan so he would face T'Challa h2h i guess, and energy sword should cut through T'Challas armor just fine

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (40628 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief.

#4 Posted by Iragexcudder (4513 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by cameron83 (7133 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Black Panther murders him

#6 Posted by jashro44 (20526 posts) - - Show Bio

How durable is chief without his force fields? Because Black Panther has used his energy daggers to disable force fields in the past (once was even against iron man).

#7 Posted by jashro44 (20526 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief in a good battle, he is stronger and much more durable

he is an honorable spartan so he would face T'Challa h2h i guess, and energy sword should cut through T'Challas armor just fine

1. Current black panther may not have the vibranium suit
  2. If he had the vibranium armour I doubt and energy sword would be more effective then an energy dagger:

#8 Posted by Stormdriven (4718 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to give this to the Chief, he is still extremely fast, despite his armor weighing half a ton, plus he is a great shot and the luckiest mutha in the whole Halo universe. Chief wins in a good fight.

#9 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20117 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

How durable is chief without his force fields? Because Black Panther has used his energy daggers to disable force fields in the past (once was even against iron man).

The anti-metal claws would wreck through Chief's armor. It's only heavy-grade titanium. The energy shields are the problem though.

#10 Posted by jashro44 (20526 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to give this to the Chief, he is still extremely fast, despite his armor weighing half a ton, plus he is a great shot and the luckiest mutha in the whole Halo universe. Chief wins in a good fight.

Luck isn't a quantifiable factor in battles unless the character has lucked based powers.

#11 Posted by jashro44 (20526 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

The anti-metal claws would wreck through Chief's armor. It's only heavy-grade titanium. The energy shields are the problem though.

Current panther hasn't shown his anti-metal claws all though energy daggers have been used to deactivate force fields:

#12 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20117 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@stormdriven said:

Luck isn't a quantifiable factor in battles unless the character has lucked based powers.

Actually luck is something Chief does have. He's the personification of luck in the Halo universe, and numerous other characters, such as Cortana, have commented on it (she picked John out of all the other SPARTAN-II's because of it). I'm fairly sure it is also mentioned under Chief's bio in Halo 4 The Essential Visual Guide. It's not something that would automatically grant Master Chief the win, but it does give him some leeway in any categories that T'Challa has a minor advantage in.

#13 Edited by jashro44 (20526 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@jashro44 said:

@stormdriven said:

Actually luck is something Chief does have. He's the personification of luck in the Halo universe, and numerous other characters, such as Cortana, have commented on it (she picked John out of all the other SPARTAN-II's because of it). I'm fairly sure it is also mentioned under Chief's bio in Halo 4 The Essential Visual Guide. It's not something that would automatically grant Master Chief the win, but it does give him some leeway in any categories that T'Challa has a minor advantage in.

Does he have official luck powers such as domino or black cat which allow him to manipulate luck? My issue with luck is it is an abstract thing. Luck by its every definition is something which cannot be controlled. There are exceptions when people have luck powers such as domino or black cat but I don't believe Chief has official luck powers through his enhancements. People just call him lucky as I understand it.

#14 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20117 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jashro44 said:

Current panther hasn't shown his anti-metal claws all though energy daggers have been used to deactivate force fields:

I don't think T'Challa would automatically use his energy daggers, and Chief's energy shields have are shielded against EMPs and other devices that would shut down his energy shields. Not sure if the energy daggers would do the trick, but I won't deny that it is possible. However, the MJOLNIR energy shields do recharge extremely quickly when not under damage, and Chief is definitely fast enough to let that happen.

#15 Posted by jashro44 (20526 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jashro44 said:

I don't think T'Challa would automatically use his energy daggers, and Chief's energy shields have are shielded against EMPs and other devices that would shut down his energy shields. Not sure if the energy daggers would do the trick, but I won't deny that it is possible. However, the MJOLNIR energy shields do recharge extremely quickly when not under damage, and Chief is definitely fast enough to let that happen.

Well iron man has resisted EMP's twice (first time when he was caught in a nuke, second time against Bucky) so Energy daggers are something different then an EMP. Recharging the shields could work I suppose. All though current black panther can turn invisible so does chief have a way of detecting him?

#16 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20117 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Does he have official luck powers such as domino or black cat which allow him to manipulate luck?

Nah. He just has extreme luck that has consistently enabled him to not only survive ordeals where he would/could have died, but also let him win fights. Said luck has been noted. I agree it isn't measurable, but it isn't something that should be immediately disregarded.

#17 Posted by jashro44 (20526 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Does he have official luck powers such as domino or black cat which allow him to manipulate luck?

Nah. He just has extreme luck that has consistently enabled him to not only survive ordeals where he would/could have died, but also let him win fights. Said luck has been noted I agree it isn't measurable, but it isn't something that should be immediately disregarded.

I think I see what your saying. I edited my post to further explain what I meant a bit more though. I agree its not something which can be ignored but I don't think its something which can really help much in battle forums.

#18 Posted by dondave (35977 posts) - - Show Bio

T'Challa

#19 Posted by dondave (35977 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jashro44 said:

Where is the first scan from?

#20 Posted by reaverlation (15148 posts) - - Show Bio

If T'Challa has the vibranium suit with all his equipment(anti-metal claws,etc.)then T'Challa in a very good fight

#21 Edited by jashro44 (20526 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@jashro44 said:

@jashro44 said:

Where is the first scan from?

I think its from black panther volume 4 issues 31-34. I don't know the exact issue.

#22 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20117 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Well iron man has resisted EMP's twice (first time when he was caught in a nuke, second time against Bucky) so Energy daggers are something different then an EMP. Recharging the shields could work I suppose. All though current black panther can turn invisible so does chief have a way of detecting him?

Yes actually. He has a built-in radar/motion tracker in his helmet's HUD that have been able to track hundreds of targets simultaneously before (scan will be provided if asked). He's also been able to track cloaked Elites, so invisibility is not only not a problem for Chief, but he's encountered it countless times.

#23 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20117 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jashro44 said:

Nah. He just has extreme luck that has consistently enabled him to not only survive ordeals where he would/could have died, but also let him win fights. Said luck has been noted I agree it isn't measurable, but it isn't something that should be immediately disregarded.

I think I see what your saying. I edited my post to further explain what I meant a bit more though. I agree its not something which can be ignored but I don't think its something which can really help much in battle forums.

I agree with you. It's not something that should be weighted too heavily, but it is there.

@dondave said:

T'Challa

Reasons?

#24 Posted by jashro44 (20526 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Yes actually. He has a built-in radar/motion tracker in his helmet's HUD that have been able to track hundreds of targets simultaneously before (scan will be provided if asked). He's also been able to track cloaked Elites, so invisibility is not only not a problem for Chief, but he's encountered it countless times.

All right. The other gear black panther seems to be carrying besides energy daggers and invisibility are a teleporter and a force field generator. Not sure how long the force field generator will hold out against standard bullets. So the teleporter is probably chiefs bigger issue here. There is also his costume which is insulated to electrical attacks but thats useless here.

#25 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20117 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jashro44 said:

All right. The other gear black panther seems to be carrying besides energy daggers and invisibility are a teleporter and a force field generator. Not sure how long the force field generator will hold out against standard bullets. So the teleporter is probably chiefs bigger issue here. There is also his costume which is insulated to electrical attacks but thats useless here.

A standard MA5B Assault Rifle fires 7.62mm FMJ rounds. They're also commonly equipped with a plentiful amount of Armor Piercing and Shredder rounds. A standard M6C Magnum carries 12.7x40mm M228 Semi-Armor-Piercing High-Penetration or .50 Magnum Caliber Rounds. Hopefully this gives you a better idea of if it can penetrate or wear down Panther's force field generator. As for T'Challa's teleporter, I'm not sure if he uses it as a BFR method or as self-transportation. If it's the latter, Chief has faced off against vast squads of Promethean Knights, which are able to teleport considerable distances as a means of dodging gunfire and throwing off their opponents.

#26 Posted by Shot (1612 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief.

#27 Posted by Erick_Williams (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief's body shield has Healing Fator right? lol

#28 Edited by DarkRaiden (6883 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther should easily win. His tech counters Chief's almost exactly. If he has the vibranium, it's a stomp.

#29 Posted by godzilla44 (2917 posts) - - Show Bio

Me right now

#30 Edited by RogueShadow (10236 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by RenaissanceMan (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Panther. And Hickman hinted that Panther still has the vibe suit.

#32 Posted by Wolverine08 (40628 posts) - - Show Bio

When?

#33 Edited by godzilla44 (2917 posts) - - Show Bio

@renaissanceman said:

When?

ya when did they say this?

#34 Posted by Cjdavis103 (8929 posts) - - Show Bio

on pannle fact of him having vibrainuim suit? scan please

#35 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5344 posts) - - Show Bio

BP

#36 Edited by RenaissanceMan (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@renaissanceman said:

When?

ya when did they say this?

Some fans asked him in a Q&A segment on Comic Book Resources

#37 Posted by Wolverine08 (40628 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by RenaissanceMan (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

I've had a hard time finding it. But the posters on CBR confirmed it. I do have the link of him saying there still is vibranium. I'll have to dig it up. Hang on.

#40 Posted by Wolverine08 (40628 posts) - - Show Bio

@renaissanceman: That doesn't hint towards Black Panther still having his vibranium suit whatsoever.

#41 Edited by RenaissanceMan (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@renaissanceman: That doesn't hint towards Black Panther still having his vibranium suit whatsoever.

That's not what I said was in that link. That link just confirms there is still vibranium. Current Panther can take a blast from Phoenix powered Namor, so it really doesn't matter if he has the suit or not.

#42 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20117 posts) - - Show Bio

His energy shields recharge, yes.

Black Panther should easily win. His tech counters Chief's almost exactly. If he has the vibranium, it's a stomp.

How? The energy daggers may have the potential to eliminate Chief's shields, but John has the speed to enable them to recharge. That, and he has a radar/motion tracker that renders T'Challa's invisibility a futile effort. As for the force field generator, I'm confident it can succumb under the rounds that Chief's arsenal packs, especially when has unlimited ammo in his scenario. Teleportation is also something Chief has faced off against before. Durability is arguable, but Chief's got a strength advantage. Versatility is also debatable. The only clear advantage that Black Panther has is his superior martial arts prowess, and even then Chief isn't a slouch in that department, and has his reaction speed to make up for it.

#44 Edited by goobot (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief, would be a good fight tho.

#45 Posted by RenaissanceMan (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@erick_williams said:

@darkraiden said:

How? The energy daggers may have the potential to eliminate Chief's shields, but John has the speed to enable them to recharge. That, and he has a radar/motion tracker that renders T'Challa's invisibility a futile effort. As for the force field generator, I'm confident it can succumb under the rounds that Chief's arsenal packs, especially when has unlimited ammo in his scenario. Teleportation is also something Chief has faced off against before. Durability is arguable, but Chief's got a strength advantage. Versatility is also debatable. The only clear advantage that Black Panther has is his superior martial arts prowess, and even then Chief isn't a slouch in that department, and has his reaction speed to make up for it.

We really don't know strong Tchalla is yet, just that he's superhuman. And I think you're downplaying teleportation.

#46 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20117 posts) - - Show Bio

@renaissanceman: I'm not downplaying teleportation. It's an advantage he has, but Chief has already faced countless foes that possessed that ability. Panther doesn't even seem to use his teleportation in-combat as often as Promethean Knights anyways. Regardless the MJOLNIR armor's radar/motion tracker would pinpoint T'Challa's location regardless of his invisibility or teleportation. You're also forgetting that Chief has a built-in thruster pack in his MJOLNIR MARK VI armor, which can propel him great distances horizontally and/or vertically. What this means is that Chief can use his thruster pack to propel him sideways in strafe-like motion, upwards, or towards T'Challa in a great burst of speed. Not only this, but he can maneuver extremely well while in this burst, and it lasts a considerable amount of time.

As you can see, this is also while he's in space with a ship that is ripped in half. So if you're arguing that Panther's teleportation gives him the edge in combat maneuverability, you're mistaken, as Chief's thruster pack is a formidable match. Then you've got Cortana stored inside Chief's helmet to amp his neural connections (reaction time), calculate combat procedures, possibilities, scenarios, and more. We're talking about someone that has been able to hack into Covenant and Forerunner ships and structures and process data at, IIRC, light-speed. Regardless she can analyze things far greater than any human could ever hope to fathom. Couple that with Chief's already genius-level intellect and adaptability, and I see John being able to overcome any minor advantages you can say that Black Panther possesses.

#47 Posted by DarkRaiden (6883 posts) - - Show Bio

@erick_williams said:

@darkraiden said:

Energy daggers can also go intangible and he can throw more than one. Any contact burns the nerves out of the place of contact. Black Panther's much better than him in close combat, and his forcefield held up well against Thanos's invading army so I doubt these normal guns will do much.

Strength doesn't matter much since BP constantly dismantles people much stronger than him.

#48 Edited by Noone301994 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20117 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

Energy daggers can also go intangible and he can throw more than one. Any contact burns the nerves out of the place of contact. Black Panther's much better than him in close combat, and his forcefield held up well against Thanos's invading army so I doubt these normal guns will do much.

Strength doesn't matter much since BP constantly dismantles people much stronger than him.

I'm aware that the energy daggers can go intangible, as I've seen them bypass Ultron's adamantium armor and destroy his circuits inside. That being said, it's never shown to ability to do so against energy shielding/force fields, which, in Halo, are "a field of energized particles which will seal around any form of surface, which will deflect physical objects." It's only shown the ability to deactivate them, and that's debatable of if it can replicate the same feat to the MJOLNIR energy shielding. Even then, Chief is fast enough to prevent damage and allow his shields to recharge. While his force field may be powerful, what is its area of effect? T'Challa doesn't seem to whip this gadget out much, especially in regards to a one-on-one confrontation. Then there's the thruster pack that I've mentioned, that will allow Chief to move around such obstacles. Sure, T'Challa is the superior hand-to-hand combatant, but John has superior strength, isn't lacking in fighting skills himself, and has superior reaction speed. This is not to mention Cortana aiding him, his energy shields that are most likely going to still be up, and the energy sword that can potentially stab between the vibranium weaving. Black Panther may dismantle people stronger than him, but he hasn't dismantled people stronger than him, with tons of training and experience, versatility and various abilities, energy shielding, formidable hand-to-hand combat prowess, and reaction speed. You're making vague generalizations and trying to apply them to Chief when they obviously don't. By the way, if the Energy Sword manages to cut between the vibranium weaving and penetrates into T'Challa, it's an instant-kill since the blade burned and cauterized internal organs.

#50 Posted by DarkRaiden (6883 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

I'm aware that the energy daggers can go intangible, as I've seen them bypass Ultron's adamantium armor and destroy his circuits inside. That being said, it's never shown to ability to do so against energy shielding/force fields, which, in Halo, are "a field of energized particles which will seal around any form of surface, which will deflect physical objects." It's only shown the ability to deactivate them, and that's debatable of if it can replicate the same feat to the MJOLNIR energy shielding. Even then, Chief is fast enough to prevent damage and allow his shields to recharge. While his force field may be powerful, what is its area of effect? T'Challa doesn't seem to whip this gadget out much, especially in regards to a one-on-one confrontation. Then there's the thruster pack that I've mentioned, that will allow Chief to move around such obstacles. Sure, T'Challa is the superior hand-to-hand combatant, but John has superior strength, isn't lacking in fighting skills himself, and has superior reaction speed. This is not to mention Cortana aiding him, his energy shields that are most likely going to still be up, and the energy sword that can potentially stab between the vibranium weaving. Black Panther may dismantle people stronger than him, but he hasn't dismantled people stronger than him, with tons of training and experience, versatility and various abilities, energy shielding, formidable hand-to-hand combat prowess, and reaction speed. You're making vague generalizations and trying to apply them to Chief when they obviously don't. By the way, if the Energy Sword manages to cut between the vibranium weaving and penetrates into T'Challa, it's an instant-kill since the blade burned and cauterized internal organs.

Yes he has. Iron Man who specifically prepped for him. That almost exactly describes Iron Man actually. And iron Man's energy shields are WAAAAY more advanced than Chief's so yeah energy daggers will work.

The energy sword can't even cut through vibranium since it, by definition, absorbs energy. So he'd need a normal sword for that.

And IMO Panther has at least equal reaction speeds, if not faster than what I've heard from Chief.