• 77 results
#1 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules

• Morals off and bloodlust.
  • Master Chief has an Assualt Rifle (10 clips), an Energy Sword, and 5 Plasma Grenades
  • Master Chief does not have the MJOLNIR armor.
  • Both in their prime.

Setting

Huge Canyon (they both are on the same side)

Contestants

Master Chief/John 117

(he is an adult but without armor. Picture is a bit misleading)

VS

300 Spartans

BONUS :

#2 Edited by Strider92 (16470 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief takes it. Those plasma grandees will royally screw up the phalanx allowing him to easily gun down the scattered Spartans.

#3 Posted by RedLanternSuperman (348 posts) - - Show Bio

A Single punch from Master Cheif when he was 14 years old, killed a fully trained UNSC soilder.

Same age he killed 4 trained UNSC soilders with his fists before they could even hit the ground.

Master Cheif takes this handily.

#4 Posted by AverageKoala (238 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest challenge will be once he runs out of ammo, probably halfway through and has to swordfight 150 spartans. itd be tough.

#5 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Master Chief takes. Those plasma grandees will royally screw up the phalanx allowing him to easily gun down the scattered Spartans.

Their shields are pretty durable though. I'm not sure the average human bullets would pierce it, and even if it did, I think some of the Spartans could tank a bullet or so if they tanked a bunch of arrows.

An energy sword will, without a doubt, cut through it though.

#6 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedLanternSuperman said:

A Single punch from Master Cheif when he was 14 years old, killed a fully trained UNSC soilder.

Same age he killed 4 trained UNSC soilders with his fists before they could even hit the ground.

#7 Posted by Strider92 (16470 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Plasma grenades go straight through force fields. I doubt metal shields will do much to stop them.

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

They were actually fully trained ODST soldiers. (a higher level)

It wasn't a single punch. It was a bit more, and he described it in the book, saying he had never felt himself so powerful before and so easily manhandling them.

#9 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Plasma grenades go straight through force fields. I doubt metal shields will do much to stop them.

I said human weaponry, like Assault Rifle and the Dual Pistols, not the Covenant weaponry.

@XImpossibruX said:

Read my other post.

#10 Posted by Strider92 (16470 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@Strider92 said:

I said human weaponry, like Assault Rifle and the Dual Pistols, not the Covenant weaponry.

But you've given him plasma grenades in the op -.o

#11 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Strider92 said:

But you've given him plasma grenades in the op -.o

I did, but I was only talking about the human weaponry, which is the only ranged weaponry I gave him. I wanted to make it fair, so I gave him Covenant Short Range/Med Range weaponry, and Long Range Human Weaponry, so that he can't camp and blast through their shields with a Plasma Cannon or what not.

#12 Posted by Strider92 (16470 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: That wasn't what I was saying though xD. I was saying that John would most likely win by throwing sticky plasma grenades (that will stick to their shields and phalanx position) then blow up completely shattering the formation allowing John to pick off the Spartans sent flying. As the 300 tend to group tightly together 1 well placed grenade could wreak utter havok and completely shatter their defenses allowing him to shoot them when they are off guard.

#13 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: That wasn't what I was saying though xD. I was saying that John would most likely win by throwing sticky plasma grenades (that will stick to their shields and phalanx position) then blow up completely shattering the formation allowing John to pick off the Spartans sent flying. As the 300 tend to group tightly together 1 well placed grenade could wreak utter havok and completely shatter their defenses allowing him to shoot them when they are off guard.

That's what I'm saying. lol. The Spartans rarely get caught off guard, and their shields will always be up. Even when he does pick off some of them, they'll notice and raise their shields again.

#14 Posted by Strider92 (16470 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: They will be caught off guard when a plasma grenade blows up and throw off their phalanx.

#15 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: They will be caught off guard when a plasma grenade blows up and throw off their phalanx.

They weren't caught off guard when foreign animals and weird-looking troops came in in massive numbers and ambushed them. I don't think a grenade would catch them off guard that much.

Anyways, even if that tactic works, he would eventually run out of ammo, and then resort to melee combat, which would be more difficult, but possible.

#16 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

You gave Master Chief a freaking assault rifle, plasma grenades an energy sword and pistols??

I mean 10 well placed plasma grenades would decimate the spartans. Then add the other weapons.

gg OP, gg

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

Their shields are made of what Bronze? at best I will give you iron but I doubt it.

A Spartan shield was typically made of wood and Bronze maybe some leather.

A bullet from an advanced civilization assault rifle is going to tear through those things like they aren't even there.

#17 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Master Chief takes. Those plasma grandees will royally screw up the phalanx allowing him to easily gun down the scattered Spartans.

Their shields are pretty durable though. I'm not sure the average human bullets would pierce it, and even if it did, I think some of the Spartans could tank a bullet or so if they tanked a bunch of arrows.

Normal modern rounds will go through those shields like butter. Master Chief stomps.

#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

@Strider92 said:

Normal modern rounds will go through those shields like butter. Master Chief stomps.

Alright then. But he would still eventually run out of ammo. What would he do then? Melee fighting would be extremely tough.

#19 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

@Strider92 said:

Alright then. But he would still eventually run out of ammo. What would he do then? Melee fighting would be extremely tough.

Between all of his weapons I imagine there will be far fewer than 300 Spartans by the time that happens.

#20 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

@Baldy said:

@Strider92 said:

Between all of his weapons I imagine there will be far fewer than 300 Spartans by the time that happens.

Keep in mind that the Energy Sword runs out of "ammo" as well.

#21 Posted by Strider92 (16470 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: using my talents I have made an artistic representation of how the fight would go:

#22 Posted by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief slaughters them.

#23 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: using my talents I have made an artistic representation of how the fight would go:

You have won the thread.

#24 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

John dies a horrible death, too many spartans.

#25 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

LOOOL

fantastic, just what I was going to say.

#26 Posted by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

John dies a horrible death, too many spartans.

Wrong.

#27 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be a good idea to state how many bullets he has.

#28 Posted by Strider92 (16470 posts) - - Show Bio

You have won the thread.

My work here is done

#29 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frozen Most definetly correct, actually.

#30 Posted by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

@Frozen Most definetly correct, actually.

No.

Master Chief would destroy 300 primitive Spartans. Even without his armor, he is superior than the average human. In fact, he borderlines super-human. If you read the books, he has tons of feats. Chief is tactical, he isn't an idiot, not only will he be highly resourceful but he will use his advanced technology to the best of his abilities. The spartans only have the number advantage but Chief is experienced at taking on hoards and hoards of enemies. He may not have his armor here but his shooting skills remain the same. He has physical ability, tactics and technology. They won't put him down.

#31 Posted by Om4zd (922 posts) - - Show Bio

Chief is a Master Fighter isn't he?

#32 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd said:

Chief is a Master Fighter isn't he?

Military fighter. His main offense is his superhuman stats.

#33 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frozen I've read every Halo book, i know what he's capable of. Each Spartan is extremely skilled in their own regard, 300 of them should be more than enough.

#34 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao these Spartans get their asses wooped by Spartan 117

#35 Posted by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

@Frozen I've read every Halo book, i know what he's capable of. Each Spartan is extremely skilled in their own regard, 300 of them should be more than enough.

Those Spartans are very primitive. In The Fall of Reach, John loved the 300 Spartans vs Persian battle, all the Spartans of the future did. So they know how the primitive Spartans think, but quality over quantity. All they have is numbers, nothing more than that. John has every other advantage, he also has experience.

#36 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frozen said:

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Those Spartans are very primitive. In The Fall of Reach, John loved the 300 Spartans vs Persian battle, all the Spartans of the future did. So they know how the primitive Spartans think, but quality over quantity. All they have is numbers, nothing more than that. John has every other advantage, he also has experience.

They also studied wolves in packs.

#37 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

It's debatable whether or not John will be able to eliminate all 300 Spartans. He has a massive physical advantage in almost every regard as well as skill and experience . He's familiar with being outnumbered and his weaponry is far more superior in comparison to that of a Spartan warrior of the time. Armour piercing rounds would shred through several bronze shields as if they were cardboard. The reason I say it's debatable is due to the numbers. John's speed and reflexes will keep him on top of the Spartans at almost all times and he can handle a large majority of his opponents in hand-to-hand combat if it came down to that, but there's a possibility that he's grown far too accustomed to his armour's enhancements.

In turn, with the amount of weaponry he has in his possession, especially the plasma grenades and the Energy sword coupled with his speed, I don't see John having a significant amount of trouble dispersing the Spartans and picking them off quickly via Assault Rifle and the M6G pistol which is deadly accurate especially in his hands.

#38 Edited by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio

This just got me thinking:

Master Chief has an Assault Rifle, 2 Pistols, Energy Sword, and 10 plasma grenades

Chief has an Assault Rifle and an Energy Sword, both of which are close-range weapons. So I'd see him sniping with his Pistols and probably using long-range throws with his grenades. Then, he'd move in.

#39 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

It's debatable whether or not John will be able to eliminate all 300 Spartans. He has a massive physical advantage in almost every regard as well as skill and experience . He's familiar with being outnumbered and his weaponry is far more superior in comparison to that of a Spartan warrior of the time. Armour piercing rounds would shred through several bronze shields as if they were cardboard. The reason I say it's debatable is due to the numbers. John's speed and reflexes will keep him on top of the Spartans at almost all times and he can handle a large majority of his opponents in hand-to-hand combat if it came down to that, but there's a possibility that he's grown far too accustomed to his armour's enhancements.

In turn, with the amount of weaponry he has in his possession, especially the plasma grenades and the Energy sword coupled with his speed, I don't see John having a significant amount of trouble dispersing the Spartans and picking them off quickly via Assault Rifle and the M6G pistol which is deadly accurate especially in his hands.

I thought everyone was going to underestimate Master Chief, so I buffed up his weaponry a bit. I'll be sure to edit that now and lessen his equipment a bit. Thanks for the heads up though.

#40 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on how many rounds he gets for his assault rifle and pistols.

#41 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

I edited it to make it more fair for the 300 Spartans.

#42 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

Doesn't say how many rounds per clip though.

#43 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@TheSwordsman said:

Oi!!! I didn't know I had to go that in detail.

Let's say....

20 bullets.

#44 Posted by Frozen (13263 posts) - - Show Bio

It's closer. But Chief still wins.

#45 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@TheSwordsman said:

Oi!!! I didn't know I had to go that in detail.

Let's say....

20 bullets.

Well, if you don't say how many rounds are in a clip there's no way of knowing how many total rounds. They could be 30 round clips, 60 round clips, 100+ round drum magazine clips, etc.

With 200 rounds and the Plasma grenades he should be able to whittle down their numbers to around 50. With the energy sword he could do it but just barely.

MC after a tough HtH fight with the 50 remaining Spartans.

#46 Edited by Spartan101 (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

not so sure my guys will do this,M/C has some big time weapons here,,best hope for the spartans is to spread out in small groups until M/C runs out of ammo,then go h2h with him,with no armor on M/C a good few spears at the same time *just* might land in a vital place like his head or chest,50/50 imo.

#47 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Master Chief, pretty easily

#48 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

It wouldn't necessarily hinder him. He's deadly accurate with almost any type of firearm, and either the Assault rifle or the M6G can shred straight through his enemies.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: No problem, good thread by the way.

#49 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Thanks man.

#50 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

Master Chief, pretty easily

Pretty easily? It'd be easier with the MJOLNIR armour, but without it, he lacks the advantage and crutch of his shields and overall durability.

He can defeat the 300 Spartans, but not with ease.