Master Chief (HALO) VS Titan Pilot ( Titanfall )

kenjigreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kenjigreat

Ground rules :

-The Pilot has a Titan ready to fall at anytime. -can use Titan/Pilot any loadout combination. -can only use 1 tactical ability with a permanent burncard ability

-Chief can use all his weaponry at once -He can also use his armor abilities but only 1

Terrain is Angel City Like.( For those people who don't play the game , basically a place where there are alot of builds to parkour around.)

Basic Rundown - An Atlas Titan weighs 25 Tons and Chief's Power suit is 0.5

So Chief still can get crushed or Titan punched.

I want to know why you think who would win.

Also don't give me Master Chief would win easily without an explanation except he's the main character of a series cause plot armor does not apply.

I could easily say a Titan Pilot would drop a titan on chief and KO.

For people that say Halo Gameplay isn't cannon and 20feet doesn't kill Chief.

I guess you are the kind of guy believes Halo is a bigger book franchise than video game franchise.( Clearly not the case )

And no evidence of Masterchief moving superfast has ever been seen in gameplay unless maybe speedhacks.

@becauseimanerd

I'm honestly fine with people saying Master Chief would win , It doesn't bother me , what bothers me is people deciding on that based on "He's Invulnerable" or some other characteristics that they think make him instant win. Which is often misguided cause most of the people responding either have not played Titanfall and If they have never listened to any of the Lore from all the Grunt Dialogue available.

Thats like saying I win the game of counterstrike against you by hacking the server admin.

What I want to know is how the fight would pan out because I believe there is a genuine fight to be had instead of just "Chief wins" .- These answers are normally given by people who are either halo fanboys who think hes so awesome he can never lose or have a chance of losing or people who know nothing about Titanfall or Both.

Heres the part about Cannon I call BS .

If the Novel came first or the Game was based on a Novel then Yes the author > ALL.

But since the game came first and is a way way bigger franchise than the books .

I'd say GAME> ALL other media in this respect.

I think cussing is allowed since we are discussing M Rated games. Unless you are the type of parent who likes to buy their kid Call of Duty.

mathias74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kenjigreat: I like the idea seems like a good battle. The thing about dropping the titan on chief is though his radar senses vehicles so he could probably dodge it.

godofnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a joke. Chief stomps.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Chief easily tanks the titan falling on him, plus the radar would make it an easy dodge.
  • MC has been shot point blank by a plasma cannon by hunters right in the torso and tanked it.
  • Popular feats of him tanking damage from falling out of orbit.
  • Plus MC can always autolock his shields and the titan would just be fodder.

MC can use any weapons? Binary rifle would one shot the titan, The UNSC Shotgun uses explosive 8 gauge shells that are used to penetrate UNSC space carrier hulls. Any forerunner weapon and covenant weapon would do a lot of damage against the titan.

Chief would get hit by the titan, his reaction speed is 20 miliseconds, he would easily notice it coming. With that said, marksman accuracy, he would snipe the titan down before it falls.

Spartans are fast enough to shoot two separate targets at the same time with a sniper rifle

This is a stomp.

The pilot is fodder, none of there weapons can hurt Master Chief.

Stop making halo vs titanfall threads, they are leagues away from each other. Anyone can take down a titan.

kenjigreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shot:

1. If MC can survive falling from orbit why does he still receive fall damage from 20 feet that will kill him?

Please give a super good explanation from the novel since you love quoting it so much , Or are you saying that the games don't matter cause thats what we are focusing on here.

2. http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Z-750_Special_Application_Sniper_Rifle- Has 2 shots , Titans can just put up particle wall , and MC will get shot at.

• The Binary Rifle has only two shots per magazine. - From the wiki
  • When scoped, the Binary Rifle projects a lengthy red holographic sight easily noticeable by other players.- From the wiki

3.How are you so sure that a Titan would get 1 shoted by it ? So far nothing in the Titanfall universe indicates that anything can 1 shot a titan short of a Titanfall.

If you are going to mention his plasma pistol rodeo , the pistol can be easily dodged by a stryder with dashcore.

4. Halo fanboys seriously need to stop thinking hes jesus and can tank a Titanfall, A titanfall can take out a Titan at full health at full shields with an impenetrable domeshield. There is nothing about the armor stating that chief can lift 50 times the weight of his armor especially when that object is falling at orbit.

5. Titans cannot be sniped before it falls down. This has never ever happened .

If you want to post something about how Chief would win , I think a more logical argument without an inherent bias .

If you want to say Chief has the armor ability Hardlight Shield. "The Hardlight Shield protects the user from virtually any projectile on the battlefield". "The Hardlight Shield can reflect projectiles from various weapons such as Scattershots or Rocket Launchers." . Well It doesn't last forever and he can't fire while using the shield.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shot

@kenjigreat You're using game mechanics. Game mechanics is non cannon because developers change the difficulty and damage to make the gameplay fun and challenging. What i'm saying is that gameplay doesn't matter. Master Chief has carbon steel bones, 20 feet is nothing.

What is a stryder and a dashcore?

Again, MC is an expert marksman, he won't miss his mark, the titans are extremely slow compared to MC.

You're bringing a Forerunner weapon against human technology. -- The forerunners was an alien race that populated an entire galaxy and were millions of years old. There ground units surrounded one of their planets to tank planetary glass cannons from covenant ships to protect the planet. Yet there own weapons could hurt their planetary durability. The weakest forerunner weapons easily penetrated the shields of the covenant zealots and incinerated them. They also one shot Spartan 3's and Spartan-058. Covenant Armor > Spartan Armor. Spartan Armor easily lands from orbit and tanks heavy plasma weapons. Plasma weapons are as hot as the surface of the sun.

What does lifting strength have to do with tanking? His armor is going to withstand the impact if he even gets hit by it, which is a really slim chance. It takes a while for a titan to land. Plus he's not going to feel it.

Is the pilot or titan going to even hit master chief? He bursts at 65 mph at the start and speed blitz.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shot said:
  • Chief easily tanks the titan falling on him, plus the radar would make it an easy dodge.
  • MC has been shot point blank by a plasma cannon by hunters right in the torso and tanked it.
  • Popular feats of him tanking damage from falling out of orbit.
  • Plus MC can always autolock his shields and the titan would just be fodder.

MC can use any weapons? Binary rifle would one shot the titan, The UNSC Shotgun uses explosive 8 gauge shells that are used to penetrate UNSC space carrier hulls. Any forerunner weapon and covenant weapon would do a lot of damage against the titan.

Chief would get hit by the titan, his reaction speed is 20 miliseconds, he would easily notice it coming. With that said, marksman accuracy, he would snipe the titan down before it falls.

Spartans are fast enough to shoot two separate targets at the same time with a sniper rifle

This is a stomp.

The pilot is fodder, none of there weapons can hurt Master Chief.

Stop making halo vs titanfall threads, they are leagues away from each other. Anyone can take down a titan.

this

godofnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By godofnick

@kenjigreat: You're basing a gameplay mechanic as a feat? Chief falling and dying from 20 feet in game is no more than a gameplay mechanic. Lmao. Titans get taken down by human pilots, if Chief can survive falling from space to Earth, no way is a titan going to kill him. He has weapons that could easily one-shot any Titan. Any Promethean weapons would annihilate a Titan. I'm not an Halo fanboy either, hell, I'm a PlayStation fan and I don't even own an Xbox. I just have enough knowledge to know that a Titan isn't going to stop Master Chief. Granted both Halo and Titanfall are overrated so lol do with that what you will.

kenjigreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shot: So the game came before the novels but the game mechanics are non-cannon ?

What is a stryder and a dashcore?

If you are asking this question you are unqualified in this discussion since you have no Titanfall knowledge.

Gameplay doesn't matter when both come from huge multiplayer games . Nice logic there bro.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Titan is moot, MC kills the pilot while the Titan is falling or while the pilot is making his way towards the Titan.

kenjigreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@force_echo:

Play Titanfall before commenting otherwise you look like a retard fanboy that knows nothing . Pilots can spawn in Titans if they want .

@godofnick:

Titans get taken down by human pilots, First of all Pilots are genetic and cybernetic experiments. Please go watch the Series SH!T MY GRUNT SAYS!.

You stated you are a playstation fan , that means you don't own Titanfall and probably know nothing about Titanfall .

Why are you commenting is beyond me.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By force_echo

@kenjigreat: I'll play Titanfall if you learn basic English. In the first sentence of your post you said "the pilot has a titan ready to fall at any time". This implies that the pilot is not already in a titan, seeing as you can't have a titan ready to fall if you're already in a titan. Or does the titanfall master not realize this basic fact?

Also, I'm pretty sure you're wrong anyway. Unless you're in "Last Titan Standing" a player character can't spawn in a Titan...

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kenjigreat: Why would you make this battle if you already weren't going to listen to the side of the argument that disagrees with you? Also, while game mechanics can make for interesting feats, I don't think you can say, "If they can't do that in the game then they can't do that in this battle", because this is not the game. This is a hypothetical battle between two opponents. Even if it has "never ever happened" in the game, that is no reason to say it can't happen. We don't know what Chief's weaponry would do to a pilot or titan. We don't know what a titan or pilot could do to Chief. That is what we are here to do: speculate. As for the actual battle, besides gameplay feats there are really no showings for a pilot or titan whatsoever (unless they released a Titanfall comic I know nothing about). Compared to Chief's rich and colorful war history that has been fleshed out for quite a long time, it is hard to make a comparison. We know nothing about the pilot's military training or background. In fact we see, in the game, that some pilots (player controlled ones) are randomly more powerful then others (AI controlled grunts). So pilots are wildly inconsistent characters and are hard to judge properly. Titans are very powerful, but they are not immortal WMDs. In fact if a human pilot can take them down by destroying the exposed power source on their back with bullets, imagine what Master Chief could do with an energy sword or plasma weaponry. Saying a titan instantly kills Chief by falling on him ignores the power of armor lock, which (according to gameplay feats) makes Chief completely invulnerable. Anyway, even with little to go on, I would give this to Chief. He has more advanced weaponry, better parkour skills, a consistent power level, better feats (both in gameplay and out, unless the pilot is really badass in this hypothetical Titanfall comic), and has an incredibly versatile arsenal. Either way, cheers.

kenjigreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kenjigreat

@force_echo: You are clearly wrong , if your titan is ready to go there is an option to spawn in titan.

This applies to all game modes. And since you are bringing multiplayer game modes into this discussion Read the bottom post , IN EVERY GAME MODE, Spartans including Chief are much slower than Pilots.

Quote:

Also, I'm pretty sure you're wrong anyway. Unless you're in "Last Titan Standing" a player character can't spawn in a Titan...

This is wrong

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By force_echo

@kenjigreat: Yeah, if you're already dead and waiting to respawn, which I'm guessing isn't the case here. In any case, my previous point still stands, you can't have a titan ready if you're already in a titan, so again, either you don't know anything about the franchise, or you simply have no grasp on English.

kenjigreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kenjigreat

@becauseimanerd: This is the reason I freak out , you mentioned better parkour skills , which is a fucking lie , show me halo gameplay of masterchief parkouring and I can show you gameplay of Pilots moving twice as fast.

Again Pilots are regular humans , this is why we can't have a damn discussion if people keep flat out lying about abilities or have no knowledge of pilots in Titanfall trying to make arguments.

http://youtu.be/gHF_gDHX988

Video of how fast Spartans are sprinting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzKi7ZAW3nQ

Video of how fast Pilots are .

Pilots win in speed bro.

@force_echo So you take Titanfall Mechanics as cannon which I don't mind but decide gameplay mechanics of Halo which has a longer history of games as non-canon

Logic?

Please show gameplay footage of MC running 60kph. If He is really moving 60kph in Halo 4, then the halo universe either has broken speedometers or they have a different way of calculating 60kph because footage of spartans sprinting is definitely not even close. Which makes it a moot point about people BSing that Chief is faster.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, if you just compare gameplay mechanics, then yeah, the Titan pilots look faster because of the different style of gameplay, but in the novels MC can run 60 kph and redirect missiles, as seen in Fall of Reach.

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kenjigreat: First of all, I would like to point out your rudeness and cussing deserves a frowny face. >=(

With that out of the way, I would like to discuss how little knowledge any of us have concerning the true capabilities of pilots. First of all I will concede that the pilots run faster than the Spartans in game. This however proves nothing. Just because the pilots have the ability to parkour in game and spartans don't doesn't mean that Spartans cannot parkour, as they are seen doing it in several cutscenes (obviously not to the level of a pilot, as they are not assisted by a jetpack as pilots are. The jetpack actually does give Spartans decent parkour ability in game). This shows that not everything about a character can be relayed in game. Master Chief, so we are told, can run 120 km/hr in mjolinir V armor. Does he run anywhere near that fast in game? No. Not even close. Does that mean we can totally disregard it, because we feel like it? Yes it does. Of course if you do, people like me will point it out and make the case that the game/book writers wouldn't have included the fact at all if it wasn't important and true. You see, in my mind at least, disregarding the heart and soul authors have poured into their books, because you prefer video game facts to book facts, is not only showing how little you care for the character the writers have written about, but also how little you appreciate what an author had to go through to make more about a character we love known. With that being said, this is a tough match to call. Not because I doubt Chief would win with what we know about him now, but because Titanfall has not been a franchise long enough for more facts about certain characters we appreciate from that game (such as pilots) to become known. We have too little information to make a good decision. Therefore my decision to give the victory to Master Chief is, by my own admittance, a poorly informed decision, because the information I need to make the decision decisively isn't there yet. However, it is the decision I have made. However, looking at the rest of the thread, I can see so far you are the only person to believe that a pilot would win a majority over Master Chief. I wish you luck against the oncoming waves of fanboys and rejoice in thinking that one day a successful Titanfall canon will be established, making sure everybody's decisions shall have the opportunity to be better informed than mine. I apologize if you disagree with me, for that obviously means my opinion is not right. Cheers.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kenjigreat You don't seem to figure out that in a debate against anything, you are only allowed to use cannon. Game mechanics aren't considered cannon just because of the reasons said. Game developers change the gameplay to make the game more fun to their standards. So far there is no cannon at all for titanfall, when Halo has novels and comic books showing a bunch of feats for Master Chief. such as, holding out his palm and catching a rocket that was shot at him. Reflect rockets. Tanking heavy plasma, Running at 60 mphs, Marksmanship Reaction time etc etc etc. But does he do anything like this in the game? No. You can get one shot during gameplay, which is performed by the game designers. Gameplay was never meant to be taken seriously because it misjudges people of the character... Lets take pokemon for example. The manga and anime is considered cannon, but the game isn't. Let's take Injustice, the comicbook is cannon, but the gameplay isnt...Batman being punched through the moon and survivng is a game mechanic. Street Fighter gameplay isnt cannon, but the cutscenes, comics and manga is considered cannon. Final Fantasy, the turned based style is not cannon, but the cutscenes are considered cannon because it shows the "reality" of what's really going on. it goes for Halo, DMC, DOOM, Metroid... basically every video game.

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Becauseimanerd

@shot: I would argue that abilities shown by a character in gameplay (such as somebody shooting fireballs or moving at supersonic speeds) that are shown in gameplay but not in cutscenes are still canon abilities.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shot: I just want to point out that the logic for characters in Injustice being able to fight one another is in the story mode by way of the Kryptonian Pills.

godofnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kenjigreat: I've played Titanfall and know enough about it to say Master Chief wins in a curbstomp.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master chief stomps

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Agh! Seemingly bias OP, not so debatable thread and shabby necrobump - why bother?

Avatar image for itsdakoolaiddude
ItsDaKoolaidDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kenjigreat Thank you, Kenji you asshole, for forcing me to join this site just to say you, Kenji, have serious salt and bias to the point it has to be stated to you...

I would so love to have the admin just come down right now and just lock this thread up, cuz this crap really shouldn't have taken off, judging by what Shot said about how many Titanfall/Halo matchups theres been...

Scythus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alright time to clear a lot of this up

first you are right master chief does have incredibly tough bones but his flesh inst any where close to the strength of his bones so if he falls 20+ feet he will be in a lot of pain and his combat effectiveness will go down

two master chief can tank plasma rounds easily but it is the armour that is taking them and plasma rounds may have a lot of heat resistance but they have low kinetic potential so he can tank plasma rounds easily but shoot him with a rifle and the kinetic energy will damage him

three the fall from orbit he did was pure luck otherwise he would be constantly jumping out of space ships

four titans were made to stop kinetic rounds and they can have shields that may stop plasma so in a test of endurance titans would win

five pilots can only take down titans when they are damaged and even then in only certain scenarios

six titans can reach really high positions while master chief can only jump around 10 feet

so in conclusion they both have their advantages and disadvantages but in a fight between the two of them the titan would win if it was past a certain range while close range the spartan would have a higher chance of winning but not absolute

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Masterchief with mid/high diff.