• 129 results
Sierra-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sierra-117

Hey I'm new here, I searched Google for this kind of battle and didn't find anything for this match up so here we go! (Apologies if it's already been done).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Battle starts 200 feet away in New York City street that is abandoned and full of cover. Each character is Morals off. Both teams know about each other, full cooperation for each team. Both have 3 days of prep before the battle with the equipment they are given. Kill or KO, who wins and why? (And if I should change anything to make it more fair or made a mistake let me know, thanks).

Master Chief is current Chief Halo 4 on. He has Cortana, a Battle Rifle, 2 SMG's, 2 Plasma Grenades, Energy Sword and the Thruster Pack Armor Ability.

Deathstroke is Pre New 52 with Promethium Gear (Sword, Armor). He also has 2 Pistols and 2 bombs.

VS

No Caption Provided

Deadpool has two Adamantium Katanas, 1 Armor Piercing Assault Rifle with 40 rounds, 2 SMG's, and 5 grenades and 2 bombs.

Wolverine has Adamantium Skeleton and both him and Deadpool have full healing factor.

No Caption Provided
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By mickey-mouse

@sierra-117: Good fight. 5/10. Deathstroke is the weak link, but Chief maybe able to back him up. I might be wrong though, Wolverine & Deadpool might take the majority. Wolverine & Deadpool are going to be very hard to put down.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Team 2 due to superior durability

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@lukehero: how is deathstroke the weak link?

He's a guy who regularly schools batman, his physicals and equipment should allow him to keep up with either of the other two guys. If anyone's a weak link then it's deadpool IMO.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

Sierra-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Thanks man, is there anything thing I should change to make it more even or is it even enough? Also if you wanna tag other people feel free, I think this is a good fight as well.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1, because Master Chief is superior to both members of Team 2.

Adding in Deathstroke just solidifies it.

Jmarshmallow

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zaied

Team 1. Deathstroke can do a lot more with prep and John's stats are well in range for this fight.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thedailybagel  Moderator

@sierra-117: this is a really even fight, well done.

If anything I'm gonna back team 1 purely because I'm bias towards master chief.

Sierra-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: That's sort of what I was thinking as well when I made this, I figured the other team's Healing Factor would level it out.

Sierra-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mickey-mouse

@sierra-117: Oh, and I have problems with your OP. Welcome to comic vine, where we **** and complain. :)

@thedailybagel: I don't feel like making the same old arguments, so I pasted something from Nick. This is Pre-52 Deathstroke who in showings had trouble with Dick when he became Batman. Batman is below Deadpool in all psychical stats.

Now let's actually look at the OP Weapons:

Deathstroke is Pre New 52 with Promethium Gear (Sword, Armor). He also has 2 Pistols and 2 bombs....

Compared to:

Deadpool has two Adamantium Katanas, 1 Armor Piercing Assault Rifle with 40 rounds, 2 SMG's, and 5 grenades and 2 bombs.

Now which weapons pack would you rather have? Why the freak was Deadpool given more explosives than Slade? Pretty unfair in my opinion. Deadpool already has an insane healing factor and has recovered from being a pool of goo. Also Deadpool as Armor piercing bullets, and better & more guns than DS in this fight. Deadpool has 2 sub machine guns & an assault rifle compared to just 2 hand guns? How is that fair either?

nickzambuto

"If Deadpool is even mildly serious, he would win. Too many fights have him just goofing around for fun, he tanks hits and that leads people to believe he's unskilled. When Deadpool actually WANTS to win though, he's one of the most dangerous men in the Marvel U. The same can be said for Deathstroke, but Deadpool has the advantage of being crazy. Pepole underestimate how dangerous unpredictability is, it's what lead to Joker putting Slade into a coma, it'll be what leads to Wade putting Slade in the dirt. Perhaps they're even in acrobatics, but Deadpool is more wiry, he's always zigzagging around running circles, combined with his banter Deathstroke will have a headache in no time. When Slade DOES tag, the wound will just heal. Sooner or later Deathstroke will lose focus, and that spells death. In sheer technical knowledge, Deadpool 100% stalemated Captain America in H2H. Overall, he was smart enough to beat the Avengers with no prep. He's skilled enough to go tit for tat with Slade long enough for the banter to take effect, Deathstroke can only win by decapitation and that will take awhile to happen."

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sierra-117: And it does.

I see Master Chief taking down Wolverine with some good ole decapitation, while Deathstroke and Deadpool duke it out.

Personally, I think Deadpool would win that one, but not before Master Chief came to back him up.

Jmarshmallow

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I see Master Chief taking down Wolverine with some good ole decapitation, while Deathstroke and Deadpool duke it out.

Personally, I think Deadpool would win that one, but not before Master Chief came to back him up.

Jmarshmallow

How does Master Chief decapitate Wolverine? He has weapons capable of cutting through adimantium?

Sierra-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I think the Energy sword might come into play there, but I'm not entirely sure because I don't believe there's enough evidence to sort of prove that it would cut through adamantium, it's more of a logistics opinion on that one I guess

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

How does Master Chief decapitate Wolverine? He has weapons capable of cutting through adimantium?

....I was wondering that as well. Isn't his spinal cord & neck covered in the stuff?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Energy Sword.

Jmarshmallow

What feats does it have to say it can cut something immune to physical harm?

@lukehero said:

@wolverine08 said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

....I was wondering that as well. Isn't his spinal cord & neck covered in the stuff?

Yeah, it's why people like Hulk can't rip him in half.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mickey-mouse
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sierra-117: When you mean prep, you mean prep with their weapon packs only right? They can't bring in outside materials. You need to clarify that.

Sierra-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Sorry! I only mean prep with what they are given, no outside help. Sorry about that, and the reason I gave Deadpool more than Deathstroke is because I believe Deathstroke outclasses DP in accuracy and has armor while Deadpool doesn't really have armor, which is why DP gets a little more weaponry, also that's why I gave Chief a bit more edge in weaponry and gadgets regarding his thruster and sword and having Cortana to even it out.

Sierra-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@wolverine08 said:

What feats does it have to say it can cut something immune to physical harm?

The fact that it's made out of plasma, energy, and therefore should be able to cut through metal.

In fact, here's a little snippet about the Energy Sword:

The Type-1 Energy Weapon is an extremely powerful and devastating melee weapon in close quarters combat. A single strike can penetrate through the energy shield systems and into the armor and flesh of a Spartan or a Sangheili. This is due to the design of the weapon which utilizes magnetically sealed, partially ionized, free moving electron based gas rather than traditional shaped, solid matter. The Type-1 Energy Weapon's edge is therefore extremely volatile, being able to slice through the toughest metals with ease, including ODST battle armour and the Titanium-A class plating of UNSC destroyers.

The "slice through the toughest metals with ease, including ODST battle armour and the Titanium-A class plating of UNSC destroyers." part is what makes me think that it can do it. Especially when Master Chief and his superhuman strength are wielding it.

Oh, and Adamantium isn't immune to physical harm, let's be clear on that.

It's been done before I believe. I can think of at LEAST one instance where it's been damaged by physical harm.

"Carved from Pure Adamantium"

Yeah, it's why people like Hulk can't rip him in half.

I was going to bring up the Ultimate instance, but honestly adamantium didn't seem as durable there. In theory it should be the same metal though, just saying....

@lukehero said:

@jmarshmallow said:

@wolverine08: Energy Sword.

Jmarshmallow

There's no way of proving that.

It's made of pure energy, pure plasma. It should be able to cut through metal. Believing it can't seems like a bit of a no-limits fallacy to me on Wolverine's part.

Jmarshmallow

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sierra-117: DS & DP are even in gun fu & accuracy feats. DP doesn't need armor, he would just weigh himself down unnecessarily.

Honestly I'm starting to lean towards Team 2 6/10....till someone brings up some different points.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

Oh, and Adamantium isn't immune to physical harm, let's be clear on that.

It's been done before I believe. I can think of at LEAST one instance where it's been damaged by physical harm.

Funny thing is, that instance has been retconned. A fan asked Tom Brevoort(Marvel's editor whom deals with rules regarding the Marvel Universe), answered a question from a fan on Tumblr about that particular instance you noted and Breevort noted that if adimantium is either broken or harmed by physical force it can't be primary adimantium(Which is what Wolverine's skeleton is made of) but secondary adimantium.

"slice through the toughest metals with ease, including ODST battle armour and the Titanium-A class plating of UNSC destroyers."

What feats do ODST battle armour and Titanium A class plating have to say that they are completely indestructible like adimantium?

I was going to bring up the Ultimate instance, but honestly adamantium didn't seem as durable there. In theory it should be the same metal though, just saying....

Ultimate Wolverine got ripped in half by Ultimate Hulk because his joints aren't covered in adimantium like 616 Wolverine's are.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mickey-mouse

@jmarshmallow: Mate that's ABC logic. Hulk can bust up Adamantium therefore = the energy sword can? Based on what?

True Adamantium is nearly indestructible.

No Caption Provided

It's made of pure energy, pure plasma. It should be able to cut through metal. Believing it can't seems like a bit of a no-limits fallacy to me on Wolverine's part.

You are making a no limit fallacy for the energy sword. There are more feats supporting adamantium holding up against energy based weapons, than you can bring up for that energy sword cutting through something like adamantium.

Sierra-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Just curious because I don't know, but are there instances where Wolverine's claws have withstood a molten hot sword in the Marvel Universe that could be seen as an equivalent to the Energy sword? Because the Energy sword is extremely powerful in the Halo Universe, like light saber kind of stuff lol.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Chief takes out Wolverine and Deathstroke takes out Deadpool. Team 1.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mickey-mouse

@sierra-117: You mean besides the obvious of Silver Samurai who can create a Tacyhon Field with his swords?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thedailybagel  Moderator

@lukehero: I thought it was new 52 deathstroke, didn't realise it was pre 52.

Sierra-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

angel2dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By angel2dan

team 2 but it will be a good fight

Sierra-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I'll go Team 1

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: New 52 is a Boss, not that Pre 52 is some slouch though.

Sierra-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sierra-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sierra-117: Either would beat Wade while the other can hold off Logan for the teammate to help take Logan down

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny thing is, that instance has been retconned. A fan asked Tom Brevoort(Marvel's editor whom deals with rules regarding the Marvel Universe), answered a question from a fan on Tumblr about that particular instance you noted and Breevort noted that if adimantium is either broken or harmed by physical force it can't be primary adimantium(Which is what Wolverine's skeleton is made of) but secondary adimantium.

So if, say, Galactus tried to break adamantium through physical force, is Tom Brevoort trying to say that he would be unable to?

What's the limit is what I'm curious about?

What feats do ODST battle armour and Titanium A class plating have to say that they are completely indestructible like adimantium?

ODST Battle Armor can withstand Covenant technology, which consists of plasma weaponry (which we both know is EXTREMELY hot), Pulse Lasers, Particle Beam Weapons, and even a hit from a Gravity Hammer.

And UNSC Destroyers are giant spaceships that can withstand a lot of punishment, so the fact that the Energy Sword can cut through it with ease is impressive.

Ultimate Wolverine got ripped in half by Ultimate Hulk because his joints aren't covered in adimantium like 616 Wolverine's are.

Ah. I see. Good thing I didn't use that as a feat then.

My main argument here is that I think the Energy Sword will be suffice to cut through adamantium. Unless Wolverine's body has shown resistance against pure energy. Which he very well may have, you would know!

If the Energy Sword isn't a viable option, this makes this battle a lot tougher. I'm not sure if Chief will have the blunt force to knock him out.

Oh, and I have one more question/point to make.

I'm fairly certain that Wolverine's neck isn't coated in adamantium? Or at the very least, is vulnerable? Because there was this one instance where Wolverine admitted that the only way to kill him would be to snap his neck. So if that's possible, then cutting it off with the energy sword should be possible too.

Jmarshmallow

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#42  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jmarshmallow: An energy sword clearly can't cut through Adamantium. It doesn't even cut through parts of the SPARTAN II/III armour (it kills them but sometimes the armour is never completely sliced through). MJOLNIR is Titanium-alloy based too, much less Adamantium.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@jmarshmallow: An energy sword clearly can't cut through Adamantium. It doesn't even cut through parts of the SPARTAN II/III armour (it kills them but sometimes the armour is never completely sliced through). MJOLNIR is Titanium-alloy based too, much less Adamantium.

If it kills them, then it's because the armor is sliced through....

I don't see how you think it kills them without slicing through the armor. Obviously this isn't demonstrated in gameplay, but the only explanation for the Energy Sword one-shotting SPARTAN armor (and completely demolishing the shield) is that it slices through.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 regenerates too fast to be killed by team 1, MC and deathstroke would run out of ammo, juice and stamina before killing them.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 frozen  Moderator

@jmarshmallow: More often than not it has been characterized that it cuts through the black areas (which are coated with protective gel but obviously less dense than the armoured plates).

It demolishes the shield because most energy weapons do. Plasma depowers shields.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

More often than not it has been characterized that it cuts through the black areas (which are coated with protective gel but obviously less dense than the armoured plates).

If you wouldn't mind providing evidence on that little snippet right there, I'd be much obliged.

Jmarshmallow

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wolverine008

@jmarshmallow:

So if, say, Galactus tried to break adamantium through physical force, is Tom Brevoort trying to say that he would be unable to?

What's the limit is what I'm curious about?

Pretty much. There was no limit that was established, just that pure adimantium isn't something that can be broken through with just pure physical force, only lower grades like secondary adimantium, etc. Adimantium at its highest form has always been a plot metal working with invulnerability to physical force. The only way around it is transmutation.

Unless Wolverine's body has shown resistance against pure energy.

Well, his skeleton has been able to withstand being right beside the sun with no ill effects whatsoever going off the top of my head in terms of pure energy resistance feats. Silver Samurai's taychon field which in theory should be able to cut through anything has shown it can't get through pure adimantium.

I'm fairly certain that Wolverine's neck isn't coated in adamantium? Or at the very least, is vulnerable? Because there was this one instance where Wolverine admitted that the only way to kill him would be to snap his neck. So if that's possible, then cutting it off with the energy sword should be possible too.

Wolverine's entire neck, joints, etc. got bonded with adimantium during the adimantium process because his mutagene messed up with the experiment and caused the metal to bond to his skeleton on a molecular level.

No Caption Provided

It's why Hulk can't rip him apart(Adimantium shoulder joints), why Silver Samurai can't cut his head off with neck shots(Adimantium spine), etc. The instance with Spider-Man that you are referencing happened in 1987 a few years before this was established in the 90's.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

More often than not it has been characterized that it cuts through the black areas (which are coated with protective gel but obviously less dense than the armoured plates).

If you wouldn't mind providing evidence on that little snippet right there, I'd be much obliged.

Jmarshmallow

Loading Video...

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmm I might go with Team 1 for the moment let think this through

battlestarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go with slade and mc. the promethium sword will help against wolverine and i think master-chief should be able to take deadpool down with his power armor, superhuman abilities and his years of experience.