#1 Edited by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

Mass Effect

20 Asari Commandos (Full Power and use of Biotic Powers)

20 Krogan Warriors (All Grunt Level)

20 Turian Military (All Garrus Level)

40 Cerberus Assault Troopers

All have access to Shields, Omni Tools, and these weapons below.

Aliens and Predators

200 Aliens with 5 Pred Aliens and 1 Queen.

50 Bloodied Predators

Aliens will not Attack Predators, these Preds by MY Rules are Invisible to the Aliens! Preds use these Weapons Only!

Halo

60 ODSTs

10 Spartan 2s (All Master Chief Level, Amror, but no Luck Powers like MC)

20 Elites (Minors and Officers) (With Cloaks)

20 Brutes

2 Wart Hogs and 2 Ghosts for Vehicles

Elietes and Spartans have Access to Shields, All have Access to these Weapons.

Battle here and start 2 miles apart. city is populated with Civilians.

#2 Posted by whacknasty (5861 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Lol, my inner game nerd is amazed : ). Who would you say has an overall tech edge, the Mass Effect team or the Halo team? I kind of fell off with my Halo knowledge after Halo 2, and I haven't picked up any of the novels : /

#3 Edited by MisterWhisper (3072 posts) - - Show Bio

What level of Yautja/Predators?

Unblooded, Youngblood, Blooded, Huntleader, Elder?

P.S. The book cover your first Pred pic comes from was horrible. Almost as bad as Forever Midnight.

#4 Posted by reikai (5435 posts) - - Show Bio

What level of Yautja/Predators?

Unblooded, Youngblood, Blooded, Huntleader, Elder?

P.S. The book cover your first Pred pic comes from was horrible. Almost as bad as Forever Midnight.

Don't even mention that abomination. That Non-Canon piece of excrement should never be made aware of to others.

Aliens will not Attack Predators, these Preds by MY Rules are Invisible to the Aliens!

Or, you could say these Preds are using the same methods as the 'Killer' clan of Yautja who created a means of controlling Xenomorphs without a Queen and using them like hunting dogs. All having a Queen here does is enable the Xeno population to spread.

#5 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (12506 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish deadspace was in this O:

#6 Posted by omegablast452 (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Halo in almost stomp

2. AVP (Mainly because of cloaked preds)

3. ME not because they suck but because they are outclassed and don't have anything to combat cloaked pred's

#7 Edited by reikai (5435 posts) - - Show Bio

There have been a lot of debates between AVP and Halo. Brutes are big and tough with those Gravity Hammers. But Preds could snipe'em from a distance, same with the ODST's. Without a shield, plasma just goes right through their armor.

The Elites and Spartan-II's are the only challenge for the Preds. But they can use the Xenos to grab the ODST guys and others from the ME side into a Hive and increase their numbers. Preds can pick people off one by one and their very good at getting passed enemy lines unnoticed.

If the Spartan-II's don't have Master Chief, they're in for hard times here. They are very tough and very strong in their Mjolnir armor. But once their own personal shields are out, a plasma shot will tear right into them and a combistick will impale them rather easily. I would actually say that a Spartan in their armor can physically contend with a Predator, but getting within melee range of the combistick and claws would be suicide.

While Predators don't have shields, their armor is resistant to plasma. They could actually take a few shots from Covenant weapons before the armor is too damaged to be of help. But even then taking them down is not so simple. Yautja are naturally resistant to heat. They can lay bareback against a 400degree boiler just to warm themselves. That isn't to say a plasma shot won't do significant harm, just not as easily or as much as it would to both Covenant and Human forces.

To be honest, the only reason any of these guys even has a chance is because the Op specific their Basic Hunting gear and not their Wartime Armaments.

#8 Posted by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by coltnelson (150 posts) - - Show Bio

I would personally put the Mass Effect team coming out on top. I don't think either of the opposing teams have the ability to counter the biotics of 20 Asari Commandos and the tech of 20 Turians and 40 Cerberus troops. On top of that, the Krogans should be a physical match for any Covenant species (Elites and Brutes), especially if all these Krogan are on the level of Grunt. The firearms in Mass Effect should also be more than capable of hanging with Halo and Predator weapons.

#10 Posted by Dredeuced (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Halo in almost stomp

2. AVP (Mainly because of cloaked preds)

3. ME not because they suck but because they are outclassed and don't have anything to combat cloaked pred's

Cerberus has their own cloaking technology and the Geth use it as well, ME universe is very familiar with cloaking and Tech powers are specifically extra effective against cloakers. Their drones attack cloaked targets and disable their shields/cloaks, for instance.

#11 Posted by GunGunW (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

All I can really say is, going through the ME trilogy at least six times, I never fought anything as hard as the brutes from Halo

#12 Edited by Dredeuced (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

@gungunw said:

All I can really say is, going through the ME trilogy at least six times, I never fought anything as hard as the brutes from Halo

Gameplay difficulty should hardly be a factor. You also don't fight 20 Garruses and 20 Grunts in ME, lol.

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

Halo is automatically at a disadvantage. ODST's are practically useless here. Inferior armour, training which is still at a high standard but when compared to Elites, Brutes and especially SPARATAN-II's, they are made obsolete.

Same could be said for the Cerberus troops on Mass Effect's end. Nothing impressive beyond formal training, no shielding, armour rather average. The fact that you made each Krogan and Turian equivalent to Garrus and Grunt almost solidifies an insane advantage as they are two of the most skilled soldiers in their respective races and in the entirety of Mass Effect.

Add to the fact that you have twenty Asari Commando's at full Biotic power and you have one powerhouse team. The weaponry handed to the ME team is more than enough to outmatch the AvP side as well. Garrus is the best marksman in Mass Effect (disregarding Shepard) and handing him the M-99 Saber is more than enough to pick off Xeno's with ease when coupled with the Asari's biotics.

Cerberus has their own cloaking technology and the Geth use it as well, ME universe is very familiar with cloaking and Tech powers are specifically extra effective against cloakers. Their drones attack cloaked targets and disable their shields/cloaks, for instance.

Yes they do and they are quite adept at it, but in this case, it merely specifies Assault troopers which are never in use of any cloaking tech or tech in general. They are your run of the mill soldiers.

#14 Edited by Dredeuced (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Oh no, sorry, that wasn't my point, I understand why you thought that, though. It's just that if there's 20 Garrus and 20 Grunt level characters then they're well versed in cloaking, assuming combat experience is part of being Garrus/Grunt level, as Garrus and Grunt have dealt with those things I mentioned.

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Oh no, sorry, that wasn't my point, I understand why you thought that, though. It's just that if there's 20 Garrus and 20 Grunt level characters then they're well versed in cloaking, assuming combat experience is part of being Garrus/Grunt level, as Garrus and Grunt have dealt with those things I mentioned.

Ah, then it should be me who is apologizing my friend. I misread your comment. I can only assume we are in agreement in regards to 20 Garrus and Grunt level characters being a massive advantage to the Mass Effect team though.

#16 Posted by MisterWhisper (3072 posts) - - Show Bio

The setting and starting position is a huge advantage to the AVP team, they have a queen, and tons of civilians. There army is going to grow fast if the battle takes too long. I see the aliens going into hive mode. while the Yautja go out sniping and using hit and run tactics.

If the fight is over fast, like within a few hours I can see it going to the ME team. Garus and Grunt level troops with master level biotics is a little more than the average ODST or maybe even a Blooded Yautja.

If the fight lasts a few day or even a week, the AVP team soon overwhelms the others.

#17 Edited by Equonox (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

10 Spartan 2s? That's functionally 10 Master Chiefs. They might solo.

#18 Posted by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Im trying tio find a balance lol. However other People still belive Halo Team Stomp. Or Aliens Stomp. So I will let it ride.

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

10 Spartan 2s? That's functionally 10 Master Chiefs. They might solo.

That's stretching it a bit too far mate. SPARTAN-II's are incredibly versatile and might be among one of the most single capable soldiers in the battlefield, but this is a team effort. The Mass Effect weaponry easily trumps that of what the Halo team is given and the AvP team has a MASSIVE advantage in sheer numbers and versatility. On top of that, the Krogans and Turians are given capabilities and skill similar to that of Grunt and Garrus, two of the best soldiers in the ME universe. Adding on to that is 20 fully powered biotics, which only helps solidify the notion that the Mass Effect team is the most powerful.

The SPARTAN-II's are impressive but they can't hope to take on those typo of odds by their lonesome, especially considering when their main fighting force -- the ODST's -- are practically useless in battle here, which would already bring them an even greater disadvantage.

@cadencev2: What sort of armour are you granting the SPARTAN-II's? John was the only one who ever donned the MJOLNIR Mark VI armour which allowed for physical stats to be increased by a factor of two, an almost instantaneous shielding system, and increased their already nigh-incalculable reaction time by a factor of five.

#20 Posted by reikai (5435 posts) - - Show Bio

Not all Spartan-II's are the same. In fact, Master Chief in terms of physical stats compared to the rest of the S-II's is basically the "Class Average". He's not the strongest nor is he the fastest. There are others weaker than him, but excel in speed higher than his. And others who're stronger than him, but don't move as quickly.

John-117's stats are all about Equal, making him a fair Average amongst S-II's. But one thing about him was that he possessed something the rest didn't; "Luck". That doesn't make the rest of them any less lethal. However, a number of S-II's had still died on their first missions against Covenant forces. Of the original 30'ish Spartan-II's, only a small handful remained after several decades of war (I think like 5 left, including John-117, and one of those, Kurt, died in "Ghosts of Onyx")

Yautja are very good and very effective in military tactics when the situation calls for it. When they are on training for hunts or doing hunt missions, they only send in a group of three at a time. When it's more about Fighting, tactics and war. Multiple clans will communicate, work together, and function as a singular unit to get the job done. This was solidly proven in the AVP novel "Hunter's Planet"

#21 Edited by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Edited the Halo side to make it easier to debate. 10 Master Chief level Spartan 2s with his Amour.

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Not all Spartan-II's are the same. In fact, Master Chief in terms of physical stats compared to the rest of the S-II's is basically the "Class Average". He's not the strongest nor is he the fastest. There are others weaker than him, but excel in speed higher than his. And others who're stronger than him, but don't move as quickly.

John-117's stats are all about Equal, making him a fair Average amongst S-II's. But one thing about him was that he possessed something the rest didn't; "Luck". That doesn't make the rest of them any less lethal. However, a number of S-II's had still died on their first missions against Covenant forces. Of the original 30'ish Spartan-II's, only a small handful remained after several decades of war (I think like 5 left, including John-117, and one of those, Kurt, died in "Ghosts of Onyx")

True say, but in terms of continuity, he has the superior armour and he was one of the most tactically brilliant among his fellow Spartans as well as the bravest. He wasn't the strongest nor the fastest, but he was one of the best.

#23 Posted by reikai (5435 posts) - - Show Bio

Which, as said, may be attributed to his unusual Luck. He's survived the most brutal situations any Spartan has ever been through, and he does have Cortanna to help him out, which is a huge factor. Spartan-III's got sent into worse combat zones, but mainly because they were done to be more mass produced and expendable, though Kurt really hated that. He wanted his S-III's to survive and be more than just a throw-away group for cheap victories.

#24 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Which, as said, may be attributed to his unusual Luck. He's survived the most brutal situations any Spartan has ever been through, and he does have Cortanna to help him out, which is a huge factor. Spartan-III's got sent into worse combat zones, but mainly because they were done to be more mass produced and expendable, though Kurt really hated that. He wanted his S-III's to survive and be more than just a throw-away group for cheap victories.

It's more so the fact that he's the central character and "luck" as both Halsey and Cortana stated is just a plot device. SPARTAN-III's were produced for the sole reason of being disposable, hence why they were mass produced and received a far less excruciating augmentation.

#25 Posted by reikai (5435 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the augmentation procedure had been a bit more perfected, however the genetic standard for Spartan-III application was lowered so they could allow a broader base to pull from the population, all for the purpose of building numbers rather than making Elite soldiers.

Kurt had them put through more rigorous training to make up this, but what they lacked more than anything was experience. The fact they were made expendable made things worse since their casualty ratings were near 100% on most critical missions. A dead Spartan was no good to anyone, and throwing away scores of them was just wasteful.

Admirals just wanted Cheap Spartans because of "War Costs". The sheer idiocy of their arguments is abhorant. They're fighting for the survival of the human race and they were worried about Finances? Politics would kill the human race long before the Covenant did.

#26 Posted by omegablast452 (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Well the augmentation procedure had been a bit more perfected, however the genetic standard for Spartan-III application was lowered so they could allow a broader base to pull from the population, all for the purpose of building numbers rather than making Elite soldiers.

Kurt had them put through more rigorous training to make up this, but what they lacked more than anything was experience. The fact they were made expendable made things worse since their casualty ratings were near 100% on most critical missions. A dead Spartan was no good to anyone, and throwing away scores of them was just wasteful.

Admirals just wanted Cheap Spartans because of "War Costs". The sheer idiocy of their arguments is abhorant. They're fighting for the survival of the human race and they were worried about Finances? Politics would kill the human race long before the Covenant did.

I wouldn't say more perfected, just simplified. If you recall when the procedure is explained in Ghosts of Onyx, their augmentation is similar to that of the SPARTAN-II's although at a smaller degree for the price of survival. They aren't as smart or physically capable but they do make up for it in team training due to Kurt. SPARTAN-II's are more capable in working by their lonesome or in smaller groups, partly because there were so few of them that they had to be trained so extensively and it attributed to their physical capabilities.

Kurt noticed this and trained them differently as he realized that they had different qualities and he tried to build off of that. I can't help but agree with you in terms of the UNSC's demands for "expendable" troops. In what way does this benefit anyone? By spending a little more money on training and with the numbers at their disposal, they could've been just as, if not more efficient than the SPARTAN-II's.

@omegablast452: It's just a discussion mate.

#28 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (7816 posts) - - Show Bio

Halo spartan 2's are to much.

#29 Posted by reikai (5435 posts) - - Show Bio

Well what they did for the procedure was make it easier on the candidates. It's the same procedure, but they learned from the Spartan-II program and made it more effective, in that the survival rate was much higher and with a lower chance of deformity. As proven, the first 300 Spartan-III's to undergo it all came out fine.

What was being said was that the criteria for the S-III program was lowered. Halsey wanted Grade A stock, which is a much smaller percentage of the population, and out of a whole generation they only got like 72 candidates, and only 30'ish of which actually succeeded in the augmentation procedure.

The kids chosen for the S-3 program were more like C-Grade livestock in comparison. Their genes lead to more mental issues than with the previous S-2's. Which is primarily why Kurt wanted them working as a Team, cause otherwise they may end up just beating each other to death during practice cause they couldn't get along.

Kurt did what he could for them and died saving the last of them. But yeah, the UNSC Admirals were just being complete schmucks. Kurt's superior wanted to expand the gene criteria even further to encompass the entire population.

Essentially he was going to take every kid from every UNSC controlled world and make them into expendable Spartan-III's because they're cheaper to make than a Spartan-II. Not just the chemical augmentation process but the armor as well. the Infiltration Armor doesn't even come close to the Mjolnir armor.

The only real differences between a Spartan-II and a Spartan-III are; Experience, Equipment and Mental Stability. Physically they're all almost identical. But the Mjolnir Armor makes Kelly, John, and the other Spartan-II's faster and stronger than their younger counterparts.

#30 Edited by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Exactly the point of simplifying and perfecting the augmentation. Halsey spent years finding "perfect" specimen's because in the long run, it'd make them more efficient. The SPARTAN-III's are almost nearly identical to their predecessor's but they still fall short as specimens like John, Kelly, Sam, Kurt and Fred were the strongest, the smartest and fastest kids of their age and it only helped improve their chances with the augmentation. It's as you said, they were top grade "livestock".

It's also fair to note that SPARTAN-III's underwent more drug enhancements rather than implants. The only group of third generation Spartans to ever don the MJOLNIR armour were Noble team, from Halo Reach. That team was considered the best of the best out of the third generation, hence why they were granted the benefit of wearing the Mark IV armour variant.

#31 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21302 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

@reikai said:

True say, but in terms of continuity, he has the superior armour and he was one of the most tactically brilliant among his fellow Spartans as well as the bravest. He wasn't the strongest nor the fastest, but he was one of the best.

In my opinion Frederic-104 was the best SPARTAN-II in terms of sheer physical statistics. He ranked 2nd in every single competition willingly, as he didn't "like the attention" of being 1st place.

@reikai said:

I wouldn't say more perfected, just simplified. If you recall when the procedure is explained in Ghosts of Onyx, their augmentation is similar to that of the SPARTAN-II's although at a smaller degree for the price of survival. They aren't as smart or physically capable but they do make up for it in team training due to Kurt. SPARTAN-II's are more capable in working by their lonesome or in smaller groups, partly because there were so few of them that they had to be trained so extensively and it attributed to their physical capabilities.

Kurt noticed this and trained them differently as he realized that they had different qualities and he tried to build off of that. I can't help but agree with you in terms of the UNSC's demands for "expendable" troops. In what way does this benefit anyone? By spending a little more money on training and with the numbers at their disposal, they could've been just as, if not more efficient than the SPARTAN-II's.

@omegablast452: It's just a discussion mate.

Also true. The SPARTAN-III's were cheaper, and a lot more expendable. The SPARTAN-III's required lots of more teamwork. If I remember correctly, at the beginning of Ghost of Onyx (OPERATION : TORPEDO), the entire Beta Company was wiped out by Covenant bombing. The only survivors were Tom-B292 and Lucy-B091. However, this was when they were only 12 years old.

Most of the SPARTAN-III's that Kurt trained use Semi-Powered Infiltration Armor Systems (SPI), which were considerably weaker than MJOLNIR armor, but had a more pronounced active camouflage They were also funded not as well as General Ackerson wanted more expendable and "damn cheaper". That being said, they did have quicker surgery and such as the UNSC technology had vastly increased from stealing Covenant technology and making a hybrid of them (SPARTAN-II's were not made for fighting against Covenant. They were made to turn the tide against Insurrectionists. SPARTAN-III's were designed specifically to fight Covenant forces).

#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion Frederic-104 was the best SPARTAN-II in terms of sheer physical statistics. He ranked 2nd in every single competition willingly, as he didn't "like the attention" of being 1st place.

Yeah, that could be the case, but I was pitted him as even with John in most regards, which in turn would place them at 2nd to Sam. He was regarded as the strongest and tallest of the Spartans, standing a head taller than John, who was 6'10 out of armour.

Also true. The SPARTAN-III's were cheaper, and a lot more expendable. The SPARTAN-III's required lots of more teamwork. If I remember correctly, at the beginning of Ghost of Onyx (OPERATION : TORPEDO), the entire Beta Company was wiped out by Covenant bombing. The only survivors were Tom-B292 and Lucy-B091. However, this was when they were only 12 years old.

Most of the SPARTAN-III's that Kurt trained use Semi-Powered Infiltration Armor Systems (SPI), which were considerably weaker than MJOLNIR armor, but had a more pronounced active camouflage They were also funded not as well as General Ackerson wanted more expendable and "damn cheaper". That being said, they did have quicker surgery and such as the UNSC technology had vastly increased from stealing Covenant technology and making a hybrid of them (SPARTAN-II's were not made for fighting against Covenant. They were made to turn the tide against Insurrectionists. SPARTAN-III's were designed specifically to fight Covenant forces).

Yeah, you are correct on the opening act of Ghosts of Onyx.

But if I remember correctly, Kurt was still more physically prominent without his armour than the SPARTAN-III's were with their own. And thank you for throwing out the purpose of creating the SPARTAN-II's. They were hand-picked as children far before the first contact with the Covenant. In fact, their first encounter was a few weeks after their augmentation and just after their introduction to the MJOLNIR Mark IV armour, when John, Kelly and Sam infiltrated the cruiser to set off the explosives from the inside as they couldn't get past the shielding.

#33 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21302 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

Yeah, that could be the case, but I was pitted him as even with John in most regards, which in turn would place them at 2nd to Sam. He was regarded as the strongest and tallest of the Spartans, standing a head taller than John, who was 6'10 out of armour.

Samuel was the physically strongest and tallest, but he wasn't the top in all regards. Frederic-104 does seem like an even match for John though.

But if I remember correctly, Kurt was still more physically prominent without his armour than the SPARTAN-III's were with their own. And thank you for throwing out the purpose of creating the SPARTAN-II's. They were hand-picked as children far before the first contact with the Covenant. In fact, their first encounter was a few weeks after their augmentation and just after their introduction to the MJOLNIR Mark IV armour, when John, Kelly and Sam infiltrated the cruiser to set off the explosives from the inside as they couldn't get past the shielding.

Yes he was, because his augmentations and implants were more intensive and had a much higher risk than the SPARTAN-III program candidates had (due to the superior funding and the fact that the SPARTAN-III technology itself had better survival guarantees).

I remember the General telling the SPARTAN's that they had first contact with intelligent alien life, but they were very hostile. Also in Halo : Evolutions the ODST's were also informed of the first contact with Covenant forces.

#34 Posted by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio

Samuel was the physically strongest and tallest, but he wasn't the top in all regards. Frederic-104 does seem like an even match for John though.

No, not in all regards. Kelly was the fastest, John was arguably the most tactically brilliant, Linda was the best shooter, etc. Yeah IMO, the statement that Fred was as good as John came from his own mouth, so it might've been because he was being humble. He never really had feats that would suggest he was superior. I mean, John was one of the only SPARTAN-II's to wrestle with a brute and come out alive.

Yes he was, because his augmentations and implants were more intensive and had a much higher risk than the SPARTAN-III program candidates had (due to the superior funding and the fact that the SPARTAN-III technology itself had better survival guarantees).

I remember the General telling the SPARTAN's that they had first contact with intelligent alien life, but they were very hostile. Also in Halo : Evolutions the ODST's were also informed of the first contact with Covenant forces.

It's also fair to note that Kurt, alongside all the other SPARTAN-II's were "perfect" specimens, chosen specifically for the excruciating augmentation because Halsey believed they would best recover from it with the least side-effects.

#36 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21302 posts) - - Show Bio

It's also fair to note that Kurt, alongside all the other SPARTAN-II's were "perfect" specimens, chosen specifically for the excruciating augmentation because Halsey believed they would best recover from it with the least side-effects.

Too bad she was wrong about Soren-066 :(

#37 Posted by Deranged Midget (18231 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by niBBit (736 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are some Biotic feats of Aria and Liara in case anyone was interested in Biotics.

People should not be fooled by the gameplay of Mass Effect, the Asari are very powerfull. In the books/comics Asari and other Biotics easily trow down 4 ton trucks like nothing and are capable of heavy destruction and with the use of Biotics they can enhance there momement to make them faster and more lethal. The Reapers where pretty succesfull in killing Turains/Human soldiers with there own ground troops but acording to the codex, The Reapers needed to alter there strategies in order to beat the Asari because there ground forces had trouble capturing or defeating a population of Biotics. Its like in many fantasy games where simply but powerfull soldiers beat down wizards and mages but in reality those soldiers stand no chance, same here with Bioitcs. Liara just for fun lifted Vega (Citadel DLC) up in the air to show that Biotics>Strength and he could't do anything, imagine if Liara would go all out. I mean... they can generate gravitational vortices to tear obstacles or enemies apart (Singularity) and a trip to to codex would tell you that: Biotics is basicly harnessing Dark Energy witch influences all matter in the galaxy, so i'm pretty confident that the Biotics Barriers can tank some serious damage.

Giving the Mass Effect team full access to Omni/Tech abilities is to much. There is a power caled Neural Shock witch paralyzes organics and in the gamplay is capable of oneshotting a Husk. They also can overheat or damage weapons, drain Shields, cloak themselfs, use a Cry Blast witch fires a mass of super-cooled subatomic particles capable of snap-freezing targets within a certain radius, and can Incinerate. That an more. Again gamplay aside these abilities would oneshot a Alien Queen for example, as an Xenomorph has been killed by far less, (bullets or a Plasma round).

There is alot more i would say but this post is long as it is and i'm pretty tired :) I would say for now that the Mass Effect team wins this. There is to much Tech (Cerberus/Turians=60) and Biotics on the team that would be to much for the other teams. 20 Singularities, 60 Neural Shocks, and what not would be *inhales* problamatic. Asari could simply Charge in and out of battle like the battle against Tela Vasir, so the Asari have great mobility. The Krogans are a huge trouble aswell if you readup on the backgrounds/books. Acording to Garrus he fought Garm a Krogan Battlemaster and he regenerated health faster then Garrus could take him down, and thats Garm not Grunt who is a bred super Krogan. All in all i would say Mass Effect>Halo>AvP.

#39 Edited by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#40 Edited by MErulezall (652 posts) - - Show Bio

Mass Effect stomps even if both sides allied together.