• 155 results
#1 Edited by pooty (10796 posts) - - Show Bio

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.9384.Take_10~colon~_Martial_Artists

#2 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF HELL NO.

#3 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Gamora
2. Stick

I just improved that list dramatically by moving Stick up the list and adding Gamora. And really, that list only accounts for street levelers.

#4 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio

Top Marvel Martial Artist isnt even on the list, 10,000 years old, a master of every style of hand to hand combat ever conceived Black Axe belongs on this list
#5 Posted by pooty (10796 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: how would you change it? This is purely Martial Arts. No super strength, healing factor or boxing or wrestling?
#6 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

top 10?

1.Gamora
2.Shang Chi
3.Steve Rodgers
4.Iron Fist
5.Black Panther
6.Daredevil
7.The Cat
8.Wolverine
9.Elektra
10. Bucky

That's just  a fast one.

#7 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" top 10?  1.Gamora 2.Shang Chi 3.Steve Rodgers 4.Iron Fist 5.Black Panther 6.Daredevil 7.The Cat8.Wolverine9.Elektra 10. Bucky   That's just  a fast one. "
I still think Sticks belongs on the list, given that he's like Daredevil on all kinds of crack. And old, too. I'd rate him as even better then Cap.

But once again. Marvel's list only applies for street levelers.
#8 Posted by pooty (10796 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: Cap as a top tier fighter i agree. But as a Martial Artist? Iron Fist,BP,DD and especially the Cat(on par with Shang chi i thought) and Elektra were specifically trained as Martial Artist. You think Cap is a better "Martial Artist" then them?
#9 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" top 10?  1.Gamora 2.Shang Chi 3.Steve Rodgers 4.Iron Fist 5.Black Panther 6.Daredevil 7.The Cat8.Wolverine9.Elektra 10. Bucky   That's just  a fast one. "
I still think Sticks belongs on the list, given that he's like Daredevil on all kinds of crack. And old, too. I'd rate him as even better then Cap.  But once again. Marvel's list only applies for street levelers. "
Most of them are street levelers besides Gamora, besides Daredevil has evolved past what stick taught him and has only gotten better.
#10 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: Sticks is still far above Wolverine in terms of skill. He's also likely better then BP.
#11 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:
" @geraldthesloth: Cap as a top tier fighter i agree. But as a Martial Artist? Iron Fist,BP,DD and especially the Cat(on par with Shang chi i thought) and Elektra were specifically trained as Martial Artist. You think Cap is a better "Martial Artist" then them? "
Cap is a GREAT martial artist as far as Marvel goes..he's taught alot of people very well.
#12 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @pooty said:
" @geraldthesloth: Cap as a top tier fighter i agree. But as a Martial Artist? Iron Fist,BP,DD and especially the Cat(on par with Shang chi i thought) and Elektra were specifically trained as Martial Artist. You think Cap is a better "Martial Artist" then them? "
Cap is a GREAT martial artist as far as Marvel goes..he's taught alot of people very well. "
He trained She-Hulk. look how well she did with just his training.
#13 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @pooty said:
Cap is a GREAT martial artist as far as Marvel goes..he's taught alot of people very well. "
He trained She-Hulk. look how well she did with just his training. "
Gamora trained she-hulk too.
#14 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @pooty said:
Gamora trained she-hulk too. "
Because Gamora far better then Cap. Without Gamoras training, She-Hulk would never have beaten Champion. No one is debating Gamoras rank as number one. She's queen of the high end street levelers.
#15 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @pooty said:
Because Gamora far better then Cap. Without Gamoras training, She-Hulk would never have beaten Champion. No one is debating Gamoras rank as number one. She's queen of the high end street levelers. "
Either way, Cap stands a great martial artist
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
More like.... 

1.The Champion of the Universe 
2.Gamora 
3.Ares 
4.Taskmaster 
5.Captain America 
6.Wolverine 
7.Black Panther 
8.Shang Chi 
9.Bucky 
10.Daredevil
#17 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Gamora  
2. Karnak
3. Wolverine 
4. Steve Rogers 
5. Daredevil 
6. Iron Fist 
7. Shang Chi 
8. Elektra 
9. Kitty Pride 
10.  tie Black Panther/ Cyclops 
I didn't include Stick since he's not a hero and I wanted to limit my list.  I also didn't include villains though off the top of my head the only change that would make would be to add the Cat at # 8.  And I'm sure I've forgotten some that I should have considered.
#18 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @pooty said:
Because Gamora far better then Cap. Without Gamoras training, She-Hulk would never have beaten Champion. No one is debating Gamoras rank as number one. She's queen of the high end street levelers. "
Either way, Cap stands a great martial artist "
Oh, no doubt. He's in my personal top three.
#19 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
More like....  1.The Champion of the Universe 2.Gamora 3.Ares 4.Taskmaster 5.Captain America 6.Wolverine 7.Black Panther 8.Shang Chi 9.Bucky 10.Daredevil "
the last part said fast one :)
#20 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
More like....  1.The Champion of the Universe 2.Gamora 3.Ares 4.Taskmaster 5.Captain America 6.Wolverine 7.Black Panther 8.Shang Chi 9.Bucky 10.Daredevil "
Champion got owned by Thanos.
#21 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
Champion got owned by Thanos. "
Wasn't that during thanos quest? where thanos placed him on a small part of rock and wouldn't go at it with him hand to hand?
#22 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
Wasn't that during thanos quest? where thanos placed him on a small part of rock and wouldn't go at it with him hand to hand? "
I'm actually fairly sure he's gone H2H with him more recently. Basically said all of his moves were predictable, and beat him through cunning and intelligence.
#23 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
Wasn't that during thanos quest? where thanos placed him on a small part of rock and wouldn't go at it with him hand to hand? "
I'm actually fairly sure he's gone H2H with him more recently. Basically said all of his moves were predictable, and beat him through cunning and intelligence. "
I was just saying, that he didnt want a piece of him as far as physical strength and fighting skills go..than again he had the Power Gem
#24 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
I'm actually fairly sure he's gone H2H with him more recently. Basically said all of his moves were predictable, and beat him through cunning and intelligence. "
I was just saying, that he didnt want a piece of him as far as physical strength and fighting skills go..than again he had the Power Gem "
I could have sworn it was more recent. I could be wrong though.
#25 Posted by pooty (10796 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: remember who trained Gamora? Thanos. so he has to be pretty good also
#26 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: The only fight that comes to mind is the one I just brought up, I would be enlighted to know if they fought again though..seriously
#27 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:
" @geraldthesloth: remember who trained Gamora? Thanos. so he has to be pretty good also "
He doesn't have any real hand to hand feats to prove how worthy he is, if he had more actualy h2h combat feats id rank him
#28 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:
" @geraldthesloth: remember who trained Gamora? Thanos. so he has to be pretty good also "
He also defeated the Ovin Mercenary Army. looking at the amount of damage he took, they obviously had some massive power at their disposal.
#29 Posted by pooty (10796 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: Your right he doesn't have many h2h feats but if he taught gamora(and i have a comic of them sparring during "THe Infinity Watch) he can't be a bum himself. I also remember the champion finding him seeking revenge for taking the power gem but Thanos didn't really fight him just teleported him away. Almost sounds like i'm making your point. lol
#30 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty said:
" @geraldthesloth: Your right he doesn't have many h2h feats but if he taught gamora(and i have a comic of them sparring during "THe Infinity Watch) he can't be a bum himself. I also remember the champion finding him seeking revenge for taking the power gem but Thanos didn't really fight him just teleported him away. Almost sounds like i'm making your point. lol "
lol
#31 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh. He fought Odin H2H and didn't get completely slaughtered. And this was back when Odin was one of the top players in the MU cosmic scene.

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
So did Gamora.
#33 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
So did Gamora. "
Yeah. Because Thanos trained Gamora. Thanos is also higher on the cosmic scale then Gamora.
#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91112 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
Yeah. Because Thanos trained Gamora. Thanos is also higher on the cosmic scale then Gamora. "
He's higher on the comic scale than The Champion as well.Thanos isn't even a better fighter than Madrox let alone the Champion.The Champion is a master of hundreds of styles from all over the a galaxy.
#35 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Kitty doing on the list? and Wolverine would be pretty useless without his claws and healing factor?

#37 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.9384.Take_10~colon~_Martial_Artists 

this is just dumb

#38 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
Yeah. Because Thanos trained Gamora. Thanos is also higher on the cosmic scale then Gamora. "
Marvel clearly does NOT care about their cosmic universe at all anymore so of course they ignore these characters. They started giving it more attention with annihilation but they have also been powering it down over the last decade and its a shame. Its basically a reboot, so who even knows anymore. Nowadays they would have the Hulk take any cosmic character out anyways. Awful

Is this a list of Marvel's best martial artists or just their staff favorites? If its the former than its waaay waaaaaay off. So inaccurate its frightening if that is the case.

#39 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod said:

10.  tie Black Panther/ Cyclops

These two shouldn't even be tied. Black Panther is a level 6 or 7 fighter in the Handbook, and stated to be a master of all fighting styles in comics. Cyclops is nowhere close, nor should Kitty Pride be above him. If anything, he should be near the top, but not at the very top.
#40 Posted by Ikari (91 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Gamora  
  2. Karnak
  3. Steve Rogers 
  4. Daredevil 
  5. Shang-Chi
  6. Iron Fist
  7. Wolverine
  8. Elektra 
  9. Kitty Pride
  10. Black Panther
#41 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ikari said:

"10. Black Panther "

I don't think being Captain America's direct equal in combat, stalemating Daredevil, embarrassing Wolverine twice, besting Karnak on two occasions, breaking Red Skull's jaw in half, and beating Iron Fist in battle warrants him at the bottom of the list.
#42 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

My top.

1) Shang Chi
2) Iron Fist
3) Black Panther
4) Captain America
5) Daredevil
6) Wolverine 
7) Taskmaster 

#43 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"  My top.  1) Shang Chi 2) Iron Fist 3) Black Panther 4) Captain America 5) Daredevil 6) Wolverine  7) Taskmaster  "
where's the last 3?
#44 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5415 posts) - - Show Bio

This is staff picks? 
The only two that surprised me were Kitty and Batroc. 
I might put Psyloc and and Izo on instead. 
Gamora I thought was more cosmic in nature and Cap and BP more allround fighters. 
I they di a list of top all round, I would have them and DD ot the top.
#45 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
"where's the last 3? "
The last three don't deserve to be on the list, (Karnak and other lackluster candidates) as far as showings go.

Kitty Pride, even though she was trained (or more like given skills) by Ogun, I haven't see too much of her, so I can't put here there.

Elektra is another that I haven't seen too much of, either.
#46 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"where's the last 3? "
The last three don't deserve to be on the list, (Karnak and other lackluster candidates) as far as showings go.   Kitty Pride, even though she was trained (or more like given skills) by Ogun, I haven't see too much of her, so I can't put here there.  Elektra is another that I haven't seen too much of, either. "
There's other good Martial artists besides them

the Cat's pretty good, Bucky, Bengal
#47 Edited by Donovan Montgomery (5415 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:
You kidding me?  Elektra's been kicking @$$ for 30 years, and not just hanging in comic limbo the whole time either.  She's one of, if not the, top female MA's in Marvel.  I do agree with Kitty though . 
#48 Posted by King Saturn (223812 posts) - - Show Bio
well that was an interesting list that Marvel came up with... but I like originality... lol

uh... lets see here

1. Gamora 

2. The Champion of the Universe 

3. Shang Chi

4. Black Panther

5. Captain America

6. Iron Fist

7. Daredevil

8. Taskmaster

9. Wolverine

10. Karnak
#49 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donovan Montgomery said:

" @Static Shock: You kidding me?  Elektra's been kicking @$$ for 30 years, and not just hanging in comic limbo the whole time either.  She's one of, if not the, top female MA's in Marvel.

I haven't read a lot of her appearances. All I remember is her fighting Daredevil and going up against Shang Chi. But, all they did was throw things at each other. Then, there was the time she temporarily immobilized Wolverine with her sais, keeping them pinned into his nerve clusters. Other than that, haven't seen much from her. 

@geraldthesloth said:

" There's other good Martial artists besides them  the Cat's pretty good, Bucky, Bengal "

The Cat is a special case. He stalemated Shang Chi right? Though, I heard that Shang Chi beat him in another fight. Haven't seen much from Bucky either. Bengal is insignificant.
#50 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: The Cat was a character made to be Shang's equal he's also a Shang villain..of course he's gonna lose some to him