WHERE IS BEAST and Professor X died

Kablamicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kablamicus

Not sure about round one but round two goes to DC due to Constantine with prep.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Batman should definitely be on DC's Illuminati team. How on Earth could you not included him?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Killemall

Martian Manhunter gives Dc team the biggest advantage for Round 1.

Round 2 is very balanced. Its Reed Richards vs Constantine, which seems very close. Dr. Strange vs Dr. Fate pretty close but i think Braniac 5 can edge out Black Panther.

Going with DC illumaniti both rounds.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bossmonster

I'm going with DC in round one.

Marvel certainly takes round two.

I just feel like Reed with prep is too much here especially given the amount of resources and big time players that he has backing him.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shavo

DC both rounds

Kablamicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kablamicus

@Bossmonster: Constantine is atleast Reeds equal, he is the prep king. But he can't fight at all.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By thanobomb1124

Dc both rounds

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bossmonster

@Kablamicus: Respectable. But by you own admission, doesn't that mean he's not Reeds equal? By that I mean. Both are prep kings, however 1 has the advantage of Battle field value.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DireDrill

I don't get why the DC illuminati was chosen. In Marvel, the Illuminati represent the big information brokers of the Marvel Universe. Ironman=Avengers/Shield, Black Bolt=Inhumans, Namor=Atlantis/All the Oceans, Reed=Fantastic Four/Alternate Realities/Negative Zone, Professor X=Mutants, and lastly Strange=Magic. Black Panther would have added Wakanda. Captain America is a bit redundant here but he offers a cool head and a morality that they desperately need.

John Stewart (Green Lantern, Justice League; John Stewart is by far the most objective Green Lantern.)

Mr. Terrific (JSA, Checkmate)

Constantine (Magic)

Batman (The Goddamn Batman also the Outsider/Batman Inc.; Dick Grayson works just as well here as Bruce Wayne)

Booster Gold (All of Time)

Aquaman (Atlantis/Oceans)

Jenny Sparks (Wildstorm/Alternate Realities; New52 Manhunter would be a better option here but Pre52, Jenny is the best option.)

This set provides far better representation for the DC universe than the ones provided.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Whenever I think of a  secret society of heroes working to make hard decisions, I think of this group from Identity Crisis.  

Anyway, I'm leaning toward DC both rounds. 

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

DC I'll say it's extremely close in the second round, but I can still see them winning more than losing.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Skaddix

@Kablamicus said:

@Bossmonster: Constantine is atleast Reeds equal, he is the prep king. But he can't fight at all.

Yeah he can prep but he cannot build a device that is going to get his team the win. Which reminds me is Martian Manhunter weak to fire because if so I see this as an easy win for the Illuminati with MM down Xavier can drop everyone except Midnighter and Braniac.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rd 1 can go either way. Rd 2 Marvel is by far the better prep team.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dondave

DC ftw

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By 14NC3

DC barely wins round 1

Marvel wins round 2

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By 14NC3

And wheres iron man or batman? theres 2 magicians on DC's side which is kind of unfair so replace one of them with batman and replace captain america with iron man

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DireDrill

@Skaddix said:

@Kablamicus said:

Yeah he can prep but he cannot build a device that is going to get his team the win. Which reminds me is Martian Manhunter weak to fire because if so I see this as an easy win for the Illuminati with MM down Xavier can drop everyone except Midnighter and Braniac.

Maybe you have forgotten but Aquaman is also a telepath. Dr. Fate and Zatanna are both capable of protecting themselves from Professor X. The only person who would be weak to it would be Constantine and you don't want to go to where the Devil himself dare not tread. Professor X is pretty useless here beyond countering Manhunter, Aquaman, and linking his team together.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bossmonster

@DireDrill: Doubting that X would be bothered by this. I know that the Manhunter is powerful, but X has battled the Shadow King and Phoenix on several occasions. To say that he is useless is grossly underestimating his powers. I do not believe that Zatanna and Aquaman will stand to his powers for long, if at all.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Havenless

If DC ever made an Iluminati, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, a Green Lantern, a JSA, and a twist character (Lex Luthor or Black Adam) would be the most obvious candidates.

The point of Marvel's was great minds AND representatives. Xavier was the representative of Mutant Kind, Stark was for Science and Technology, Black Panther for Wakanda, Dr. Strange for the Mystic Arts, Namor for Atlantis, and Reed for... can't recall. You would need DC characters who represent major organizations in the DC universe, like Thelmyscira(sp?), GL corps, etc etc.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Skaddix

Its harder in DC.

Iron Man: Batman (establishment hero)

Dr. Strange: Constantine, Zatanna or Dr. Fate (Magic)

Namor: Aquaman (King of the Seas)

Black Bolt: Wonder Woman (Representing a Kingdom) assuming not all Amazons are dead.

Xavier: No direct analogue but maybe Martian Manhunter if you just want a powerful telepath

Reed Richards: Ray Palmer, Mr. Terrific (any heroic super brain will do)

Black Panther: Kinda hard I mean maybe Geoforce if we are just selecting heroes who are kings

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DireDrill

Aquaman could easily resist as long as needbe he has feats that have him resisting Despero who puts Professor X to shame. Zatanna need only deploy her magic to become immune. Magic > Telepathy every time.

It is not harder in DC. You just need to look at what the characters offered and how they contributed. Iron Man =/= Batman, that role goes to Mr. Terrific as they both provide the same function, backup brain (Iron Man is nowhere near Reed's level, Terrific is nowhere near Batman's level) and access to Superhero Team(Avengers/JSA) and Government Organization charged with policing post humans(SHIELD, Checkmate). Also, Tony Stark was not Science and tech, that was Reed.

Namor = Aquaman because duh.

Strange is best replaced by Constantine because Constantine is the least biased and easily the most knowledgeable.

Black Bolt is replaced by Booster Gold because they are both unable to speak with causing massive damage (Blackbolt's Scream, Booster's knowledge of time). They provide support but only insofar as it protects their charges (Attilan, Time). Themiscyra is largely pointless to include as they are generally useless without Wonder Woman.

Xavier is best replaced with John Stewart because while Mutants aren't a thing, Lantern Corps are and there are a bunch of them. They both are part of more local teams, (X-men, Justice League) but also have an impact on the universe (Mutants, Lanterns). Also, Green Lanterns can simulate telepathy and block it without issue.

Reed Richards is best replaced by Jenny Sparks as they both deal with Alternate realities(Negative Zone, the Carrier) and lead superhuman teams with a family element (Fantastic Four/the Authority; Reed, Sue, and Johnny/Jenny, Midnighter, Apollo).

Black Panther is best replaced by Batman because they both rule their own little kingdoms (Wakanda, Gotham) and provide intellect while generally choosing to avoid contact with the others. Batman and Black Panther would both vehemently object to a secret meeting. If you want an a more direct analogue Solavar of Gorilla City easily fits the bill as both of their kingdoms are isolationist technological wonderlands.

It is really not hard at all.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Both Round 1 and Round 2 are a toss up. We don't know what Black Panther can do now since his power upgrade is largely undefined. Also more needs to be given in the OP since it's very unclear. Starting distance, location and morals are very important in determining a winner.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By beatboks1

@Bossmonster said:

@DireDrill: Doubting that X would be bothered by this. I know that the Manhunter is powerful, but X has battled the Shadow King and Phoenix on several occasions. To say that he is useless is grossly underestimating his powers. I do not believe that Zatanna and Aquaman will stand to his powers for long, if at all.

Aquaman has telepathically battled dimensional entities. Plus in one TP battle cause pain from the over laod to every living being in the sea. He has TP bested MM before and has breached his TP defense when no-one else has.

Arthurs TP is seriously underrated

The Kent Nelson version of Fate was also very powerful That version of Fate has fought a blood lusted and controlled Spectre and lasted for pages.

What most forget is that Classic Fate wasn't just a mystic. He was a very powerful TPer and TKer. With his TK he was able to move a planet into a sun. Not to mention he was as strong and invulnerable as Superman without his magical artifacts. He was an energy and matter manipulator on the scale of Silver Surfer of Captain Atom. Most people think of his as a weaker version of Classic Strange. In magic he might have been ever so slightly behind, but he was more like an amalgam of Dr Strange, Superman, Silver Surfer and prof X

Physical stats like Superman
Physical stats like Superman
tank a multi sory building collapsing on him
tank a multi sory building collapsing on him
tank nuclear energy blasts
tank nuclear energy blasts
and keep taking nuclear blasts for almost as long as could be dished out
and keep taking nuclear blasts for almost as long as could be dished out
wields atomic energy
wields atomic energy
blasts that can be felt in three universes
blasts that can be felt in three universes
controls electricity and with TK casually moves a planet
controls electricity and with TK casually moves a planet
casually controls minds, knows the secrets of matter and energy manipulation and conversion
casually controls minds, knows the secrets of matter and energy manipulation and conversion
matter manipulation
matter manipulation
taught the secret of molecular control
taught the secret of molecular control
control of time space and dimension
control of time space and dimension

Not that it matter Martian Manhunter hasn't had a weakness to fire for ages.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DireDrill

Thanks for providing those scans of Aquaman, beatboks1. Many people tend to underrate Aquaman in general not just his TP.

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

round 1: Dc

round 2: Marvel

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Round 1 DC

Round 2 Marvel

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By consolemaster001

Batman should be in tghe dc's iluminati

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel's team wins.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In round 1 Black Bolt can be a huge factor.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jnr6Lil

If DC ever made an Iluminati, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, a Green Lantern, a JSA, and a twist character (Lex Luthor or Black Adam) would be the most obvious candidates.

The point of Marvel's was great minds AND representatives. Xavier was the representative of Mutant Kind, Stark was for Science and Technology, Black Panther for Wakanda, Dr. Strange for the Mystic Arts, Namor for Atlantis, and Reed for... can't recall. You would need DC characters who represent major organizations in the DC universe, like Thelmyscira(sp?), GL corps, etc etc.

Reed was for science, Stark was supers working with the government

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wardemon32

What is so special about John Constanie to say he's on Reeds level when it comes to prep? The only thing I've seen of him was his movie and I thought he was just a demon hunter?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

No Batman?

x_Zayd_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man is nowhere near Reed's level

Reed has himself stated that Tony is merely a fraction behind him in overall intelligence

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Soratoumiga  Online

This is between Kent and Strange.

EasternGlider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 depends on the win conditions. If it's morals off or win by death, I give it to Marvel due to Black Bolt. If not, DC wins.

Round 2, I give to Marvel.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: DC

R2: Marvel