jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

The Great Six

Ororo Munroe/Storm (no RogueStorm) + JamesHowlett/Wolverine + TonyStark/IronMan (he's on a suit that he usually wears) + SteveRogers/CaptainAmerica + BruceBanner/Hulk + PeterParker/Spider-man
Ororo Munroe/Storm (no RogueStorm) + JamesHowlett/Wolverine + TonyStark/IronMan (he's on a suit that he usually wears) + SteveRogers/CaptainAmerica + BruceBanner/Hulk + PeterParker/Spider-man

vs

Hercules, She-Hulk, Ms Marvel (no Binary), Hank Pym, Luke Cage, Crystal, Black Panther(current, only has stuff he usually brings) & Spider-woman

Hercules - by Daniel Acuna
Hercules - by Daniel Acuna
Ms Marvel - ( no Binary)
Ms Marvel - ( no Binary)
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Marvel vs Capcom 3

They fight in Cairo

They start at 500 meters apart and the great pyramid of Giza is at the center.

Hank Kick's Absorbing Man Ass
Hank Kick's Absorbing Man Ass
No Caption Provided
Unlettered
Unlettered

Who will win?

Most Dangerous man Alive #525
Most Dangerous man Alive #525
Spider-woman
Spider-woman
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Killemall

I am finding it very hard to match:

• Hulk would beat Hercules, he has done so before and has a very good track record against Hercules.
  • Iron Man could beat Ms Marvel because the last time Ms Marvel met War Machine he got the better of her.
  • Wolverine could fight she hulk, but she should take a strong majority there.
  • Hank can kick captain's rear.
  • Storm vs Crystal is going to be an amazing battle, i personally favour Crystal but let me leave this as stalemate for the moment.
  • Spiderman can beat the crap out of black panther, provided he is fighting seriously and using all his powers.
  • We still have Spider Woman and Luke Cage untouched on team 2
  • I suppose due to superior number Team 2 should take a solid majority.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By czarny_samael666

Hulk vs. Herc + She-Hulk - Hulk loses IMO.
Storm will be occupied by Crystal, I am not sure now which one will win, but I would go with Storm in this one.
Spider Woman has a good shot against Peter, but Spidey is a fauvorite here.
Cap vs. Black Panther and Wolverine vs. Cage will be an intresting fights.
So we would have Pym + Ms. Marvel vs. Iron Man.

And I see Iron Man as a key here, who will win his battle fast enough to help Hulk and win it for team 1.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Killemall

@czarny_samael666 said:

Hulk vs. Herc + She-Hulk - Hulk loses IMO. Storm will be occupied by Crystal, I am not sure now which one will win, but I would go with Storm in this one. Spider Woman has a good shot against Peter, but Spidey is a fauvorite here. Cap vs. Black Panther and Wolverine vs. Cage will be an intresting fights. So we would have Pym + Ms. Marvel vs. Iron Man. And I see Iron Man as a key here, who will win his battle fast enough to help Hulk and win it for team 1.
  • Couldnt argue with hulk vs herc + she-Hulk unless its current hulk who'd get killed outright.
  • Storm and Crystal, not going to touch that one.
  • Spiderwoman vs peter - agree.
  • Cap vs Black Panther - Black Panther has beaten Cap in the past and always looked like a better fighter. Currently he is depowered, orginal version would have beaten Cap dont know about the current version. He had his hands full with King Pin.
  • Wolverine vs Cage, Cage should win rather convincingly provided he's using his powers well. Wolverine can sure as hell harm Cage, seeing how he's made even Gladiator bleed but Cage is power enough to KO Wolverine in 3,4 hits.
  • I dont see iron man taking and beating Pym + Ms Marvel though.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Hulk vs. Herc + She-Hulk - Hulk loses IMO. Storm will be occupied by Crystal, I am not sure now which one will win, but I would go with Storm in this one. Spider Woman has a good shot against Peter, but Spidey is a fauvorite here. Cap vs. Black Panther and Wolverine vs. Cage will be an intresting fights. So we would have Pym + Ms. Marvel vs. Iron Man. And I see Iron Man as a key here, who will win his battle fast enough to help Hulk and win it for team 1.
  • Couldnt argue with hulk vs herc + she-Hulk unless its current hulk who'd get killed outright.
  • Storm and Crystal, not going to touch that one.
  • Spiderwoman vs peter - agree.
  • Cap vs Black Panther - Black Panther has beaten Cap in the past and always looked like a better fighter. Currently he is depowered, orginal version would have beaten Cap dont know about the current version. He had his hands full with King Pin.
  • Wolverine vs Cage, Cage should win rather convincingly provided he's using his powers well. Wolverine can sure as hell harm Cage, seeing how he's made even Gladiator bleed but Cage is power enough to KO Wolverine in 3,4 hits.
  • I dont see iron man taking and beating Pym + Ms Marvel though.
So pretty much it is going down to Pym + Carol vs. Iron Man. 

Why do You think that team can win it?
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Killemall

@czarny_samael666 said:

So pretty much it is going down to Pym + Carol vs. Iron Man. Why do You think that team can win it?

Ms Marvel can give Iron Man a run for his money on her own. Carol alone would most prolly lose the majority but with Pym i dont see them losing. I dont see Iron Man dealing with both, he does have sonic attacks and stuffs but then Carol is faster than him.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

So pretty much it is going down to Pym + Carol vs. Iron Man. Why do You think that team can win it?

Ms Marvel can give Iron Man a run for his money on her own. Carol alone would most prolly lose the majority but with Pym i dont see them losing. I dont see Iron Man dealing with both, he does have sonic attacks and stuffs but then Carol is faster than him.

They have similar speed IMO, I would even say that Tony is faster, but even at equal speed - he is much stronger than Carol. She is something about 70 tons IIRC, while Iron Man is much above 100 tons. Also Pym can be easily taken out by some powerfull energy blasts, IMO he is just a distraction for IM.
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992

I see Iron Man as the key player here, its if he can hold Ms Marvel and Pym long enough for someone to come help him after dealing with their own enemy. Hulk can take Hercules. As Killemall said, Storm will be occupied with Crystal. Can Luke Cage break Spider-mans webbing? Because if he can't then he can be taken out quite quickly by Pete thus evening the odds and leaving him to fight Spider-woman 1 on 1 which he could probably win. Leaning towards team 1.

Blob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Blob

I see the Great Six eventually winning this. Hulk could take Hercules and She-Hulk also Storm and Iron Man would also be key factors in the six's success. What a battle it would be though.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Killemall

@czarny_samael666

I thought it was the great 3?? Ironman,Thor,Captain America

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I thought Marvel's great six involved Thor, not storm.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jeanroygrant

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Never knew there was such a team...thought it was just the great 3 was Thor, Captain America, Ironman

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanroygrant said:

Never knew there was such a team...thought it was just the great 3 was Thor, Captain America, Ironman

Thor, Iron Man, and Cap make the "Big 3". Thor, Iron Man, Cap, Wolvie, Spidey and Hulk make the "Great six"

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Killemall said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

I don't know how fast Iron Man is now but in the Extremis armor his speed was clocked at Mach 8.5.Her's has been stated by Bendis to be Mach-1 and before that at Mach-3.(I'm assuming Bendis doesn't know what he's talking about).
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I think the picture is of the Marvel Adventures Avengers which includes Storm and not Thor as a founding member.
desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By desmond006

I say Captain America's team wins. However I could also see the other team winning. I would divide the fight up between flyers and ground fighters.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

When has Storm ever been considered one of Marvel's "Greats"? Lmao.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Killemall

@jeanroygrant said:

@Killemall

@czarny_samael666

I thought it was the great 3?? Ironman,Thor,Captain America

I can see why Thor has not been included here because lets face it apart from Ms Marvel and Hercules no one else is going to last even few seconds against Thor, specially if he's bloodlusted. Even Ms Marvel and Hercules can do much against him, the battle would be extremely unfair.

@Illuminatussaid:

LOL i am sure there are many people who consider Storm to be what thor's equal, which is rather surprising.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Killemall said:

@Illuminatussaid:

LOL i am sure there are many people who consider Storm to be what thor's equal, which is rather surprising.

Yeah, that's why she's had a long-standing series since the 60's, right? The people who truly believe Storm to be the female version of Thor in terms of popularity are endlessly entertaining.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Killemall

@Vance Astro said:

I don't know how fast Iron Man is now but in the Extremis armor his speed was clocked at Mach 8.5.Her's has been stated by Bendis to be Mach-1 and before that at Mach-3.(I'm assuming Bendis doesn't know what he's talking about).

Oh if thats the case i stand corrected. I always felt Carol was better when in comes to combat speed but then if there speed has been stated in quantifiable terms there isnt much i can argue about.

@Vance Astrosaid:

I think the picture is of the Marvel Adventures Avengers which includes Storm and not Thor as a founding member.

I was wanted to get someone's opinion in this, is Marvel Adventures considered cannon? It was a good read, and i appreciate what they were doing, 1 story per issue. But both heroes and villains looked a little different from what we are used to seeing.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Skaddix

@Illuminatus said:

@Killemall said:

@Illuminatussaid:

Yeah, that's why she's had a long-standing series since the 60's, right? The people who truly believe Storm to be the female version of Thor in terms of popularity are endlessly entertaining.

Actually not really lets face it no one in the general public knew who Thor was before his movie. So despite having a long running ongoing which I should note the X-men Books were curbstomping anyway in sales once CC arrived. Storm was still more well known then Thor. Given how popular the X-men are. She has got more movie, tv and videogame appearances then he does. So really until recently Thor was not that popular. Quite Frankly neither were Iron Man or Captain America until recently quite less their fellow Avengers besides the Hulk of course. I will listen to your counter argument.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@Skaddix said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Killemall said:

@Illuminatussaid:

Actually not really lets face it no one in the general public knew who Thor was before his movie. So despite having a long running ongoing which I should note the X-men Books were curbstomping anyway in sales once CC arrived. Storm was still more well known then Thor. Given how popular the X-men are. She has got more movie, tv and videogame appearances then he does. So really until recently Thor was not that popular. Quite Frankly neither were Iron Man or Captain America until recently quite less their fellow Avengers besides the Hulk of course. I will listen to your counter argument.

I'll take this to a PM so as to not derail an actually interesting thread.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Manchine

@jeanroygrant said:

Thor, Iron Man, and Cap make the "Big 3". Thor, Iron Man, Cap, Wolvie, Spidey and Hulk make the "Great six"

Quoted for the truth this should be called Marvels Great 5 + 1 other person.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Skaddix

That is fine. Look Forward to an interesting debate.

I think Team 1 Takes it. Iron Man downs Ms. Marvel quickly enough and Team 1 will rule the Air.

capfan80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By capfan80

@Killemall: Do you think that Spidey would dominate Black Panther? I'm not sure. Sure, writers would probably give Spidey the win but powersetwise Black Panther is a badass. I think it could go either way and I might favor Black Panther a little.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Skaddix

@capfan80 said:

@Killemall: Do you think that Spidey would dominate Black Panther? I'm not sure. Sure, writers would probably give Spidey the win but powersetwise Black Panther is a badass. I think it could go either way and I might favor Black Panther a little.

Well Parker certainly has the better stats so in a straight up fight especially with current panther. I would give it to Peter. Now with prep I say Panther takes Parker.

Bernicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bernicky

I take team 2, more power in numbers

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sandiego008

@Skaddix said:

Thor was not that popular. Quite Frankly neither were Iron Man or Captain America until recently quite less their fellow Avengers besides the Hulk of course. I will listen to your counter argument.

How old are you? I only ask because if you think the movie or captain america, thor iron man and hulk are not popular ... you must be new blood; 90's +. There is a reason Ironman, hulk, captain america, thor are getting movies. They are the foundation of Marvel ... they can get the attention of old school comic collectors (70-80's like me) and new school (90's +). Make a movie about say Spawn ... which was made ... i think twice and failed because it was towards the young audience; not the comicbook audience.

Bottom line: the old school characters are IMO the best selling ticket. I also think they are the best chanters for the most part. Either way I would appreciate it if you would stop disrespecting/downplaying the hall of famers of marvel universe.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Interesting match. Not sure who wins but I think team 2 has the aerial and #'s edge.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Killemall

@capfan80 said:

The reason i think Spidey would take a solid majority against Black Panther, probably 9/10, is because currently Black Panther is de-powered he is slightly above peak human with extensive martial arts ability. Spiderman has also got his spider sense back which mean he can anticipate any attacks from Black Panther. He also has enough strength feats which would include being able to lift a tank, being able to one shot a T-rex and so on. In terms of agility Spiderman is a lot more agile, the only real advantage Black Panther has is his skill. In the recent series, Black Panther had his hands full with King Pin, and mind you its current King Pin who doesnt really look as impressive as his classic counterpart, the same person who was having problems fighting Punisher. Frankly, going all out i dont think Black Panther would last very long against Spiderman.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jeanroygrant said:

That's the big 6. : )

and Storm prolly is part of the big 7. : )

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Skaddix said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Killemall said:

@Illuminatussaid:

That's what i thought too. Most X-Men members were more popular than the avengers because of not only being successful in comics but also in cartoon series too. The only time that i could say the big guns of Avengers might be more popular than most of the x-men members ( but then again, the x-men had 3 films released worldwide and still continues to have different cartoon series than the avengers, so it's pretty arguable) was when the big guns were getting their own films/movies.

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Interesting match. Not sure who wins but I think team 2 has the aerial and #'s edge.

I was nervous if i made a good match. : )

Isn't it possible for Storm ( who can fly ) to generate a cannonade of lightning and tornadoes to knock down Spider-woman, Luke Cage and Hank and make Crystal busy?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Killemall

@jhazzroucher said:

That's what i thought too. Most X-Men members were more popular than the avengers because of not only being successful in comics but also in cartoon series too. The only time that i could say the big guns of Avengers might be more popular than most of the x-men members ( but then again, the x-men had 3 films released worldwide and still continues to have different cartoon series than the avengers, so it's pretty arguable) was when the big guns were getting their own films/movies.

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Isn't it possible for Storm ( who can fly ) to generate a cannonade of lightning and tornadoes to knock down Spider-woman, Luke Cage and Hank and make Crystal busy?

Well popularity wise i think Storm is more popular because most of my friends who knew X-men well, thanks to the movie, had no idea who thor was when we went for a movie.

But power wise Storm is absolutely outclassed in every possible categories.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By Strider1992

@Skaddix said:

I agree with that apart from Cap. I have friends who don't read comics and if I ask them to name three Marvel heros the ones they say everytime are Captain America, Spider-man and Wolverine. As you said Iron Man and Thor only became known to the general public through their moives.

WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WildValentine
@Killemall: Just curious, where did that War Machine vs Ms. Marvel happen?
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Marvel's great six? lol what a joke.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Skaddix

Well now that I think about captain america is slightly different then the other avengers so I would take him out of that but the rest nope. I am not downplaying I am being objective. I already gave hulk an exception. But really u cannot compare the avengers to the xmen in pop culture penetration until recently it is a no contest. So I stand by my position that until recently the general public did not know about Thor, iron man and the avengers

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I honestly don't think it matters all that much that the X-Men are (or at least used to be) more recognizable in other media or the general public. Within the comics world and readers, the Avengers Prime have sustained on-going series for decades without any problem, while no single X-Man can (or ever will be, IMO) even come close to making such a claim except for Wolverine. 
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By laflux

@capfan80: 10 tons>>>>>>>>>>>peak human strength. Plus spider-man has broken this limit many times

Webbing strong enough to hold class 100 characters check

Agility and reflexes 40 times faster than peak human check

Durability enough to break bodybuilder's wrists when he tenses his abs- check.

The reason why spider-man loses to martial arts experts with peak human attributes is due to plot. If spider-man is fighting anywhere near his full potential he beats black panther 9/10. Martial arts can only get you so far. I think that on any given day any team can win.

Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Godabed

There is an interesting debate about popularity.  Captain america, had a tv, which was short lived i think in the 60's and recent movie, and animated series, Hulk had a very popular Tv show, 2 very popular movies, and part of several animated tv shows and animated movies, Spiderman had his amazing friends tv show, amazing spiderman tv show, 3 very popular movies with one on the way, not to mention cameos in xmen, ff4, and recently the avengers comic. Wolverine is only popular due to the flooding of the market, he was in almost every major marvel book, all x-men animated series including his own animated series, the recent movie, not to mention video, Ironman 2 very successful movies, 3 animated tv shows, Storm has been shown in 4 out of the five x-men movies, 4 animated series spanning from 1992 till currently, has been a member of ff4, x-men, and Avengers.

I'm not including all of the video game spots for these characters but if you ask me, Ironman, and Cap, are kind of lacking in exposure, if you're just going by popularity. 

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By termiteone4ever

Team 2 looks like they got the answer

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By ReVamp

@Vance Astro said:

I'm calling Bullsh*t right now.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Lol, ignorance is bliss.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rasarima

Ironman and cap are smart, they knows that BP has to be picked first, otherwise he will lead the others and organize ther powers.

After that, it is a beatdown...

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By laflux

great six!!! As much as im a spiderfanboy, last time i check spider-man has been kicked out of the avengers twice. Where's thor

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@jhazzroucher said:

@Skaddix said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Killemall said:

@Illuminatussaid:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

It' a good match and quite possible for Storm to hit them with a wind/lightning combo considering thir numbers advantage…but the main issue is Crystal. I think Storm is more powerful but Crystal could keep Storm busy enough to make her vulnerable to another flyer (i.e. - Spider Woman) or Giant Man or a projectile from She-Hulk or Luke. With the powersets and power levels on both sides I see a good shot for both, with the flyer and #'s advantage being a good factor for the outcome.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Skaddix

Well Storm can combo. She should be able to fly out of range of Cage, She-hulk, etc. She can certainly blow in some fog to screw their aim though. Spider-woman have any flying feats? As for who is more powerful. Storm is more powerful then Crystal. Storm has got multiple global feats. Crystal has got none.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@ReVamp said:

@Vance Astro said:

I'm calling Bullsh*t right now.

They tried to make an Avengers book for kids and they don't want the youth thinking they don't let black people in so they put the one black character in that they'd know.They could have used Falcon whom is an actual Avenger but Storm is closer to the balance Thor brought and let's be honest..nobody knows who Falcon is.
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Skaddix

Plus they needed more females and u get to double count Storm. Now if only marvel would do a better job in diversity for the adult comics.

jaywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jaywray

@Skaddix said:

Well now that I think about captain america is slightly different then the other avengers so I would take him out of that but the rest nope. I am not downplaying I am being objective. I already gave hulk an exception. But really u cannot compare the avengers to the xmen in pop culture penetration until recently it is a no contest. So I stand by my position that until recently the general public did not know about Thor, iron man and the avengers

Is that why Thor in his first movie made more than each X-men movie with the exception of the third? (which only got 10 million more).

+ Both Iron man 1+2 stomp all the X-movies.

and Cap beat most of them as well.

You cant say "oh the x-men are more popular" when they've got I think 5? Movies out, when more people went to see other characters first movies.