• 54 results
#1 Edited by bravery (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel: Captain America Iron Man and Thor...

vs

DC: Batman Wonder Woman and Superman...

New 52 characters. No prep. Start 100ft apart. Not bloodlusted but full energy and armer.

FIGHT!

#2 Posted by JigglyJiggletowns (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor solos.

#3 Posted by JediXMan (29654 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 stomps. This is spite, and it has been done before.

Flagged.

#4 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2780 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America and ironman aren't going to do much against superman and wonder woman in fact hey would be taken out pretty fast...batman would be easily killed by ironman or Thor relatively quick...in the end I see Thor vs. superman and wonder woman and against odds like that Thor would lose...team DC for the win IMO

#5 Posted by bravery (36 posts) - - Show Bio

what about new 52 characters..?

#6 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done before.

DC wins, again.

Very rarely does Marvel win in an "even" or equivalent match-up on these forums. Just the way I like it.

DC forever, ya'll.

#7 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

DC wins. Superman can take down Thor.

Wonder Woman can kill Iron Man

Batman easily beats Cap, and he could probably out think Iron Man as well, though that is debatable.

#8 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 characters? Thor or Iron Man solos.

#9 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52?

Marvel wins.

#10 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Solos.

Iron Man solos with prep. (Super Man Buster anyone?)

Cap gets his ass beat.

#11 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice said:

Thor Solos.

Cap gets his ass beat.

Didn't some incarnation of the Hulk beat the crap out of his Hulk Buster armor more than once?

#12 Posted by Park (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

With New 52 I think Marvel takes it.

Superman's been a lot weaker.

Wonder Woman hasn't had a lot of showings.

Batman could still probably beat Captain America.

#13 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

@venomsapprentice said:

Thor Solos.

Cap gets his ass beat.

Didn't some incarnation of the Hulk beat the crap out of his Hulk Buster armor more than once?

Luckily Super Man isn't the Hulk.

#14 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing this is New 52, Marvel could take it after difficult fights.

#15 Posted by nickthedevil (11610 posts) - - Show Bio

DC still take it. With Wonder Woman's showings, she's still given us enough reason to believe that she, or superman could stalemate long enough for the other to beat Iron man. Both of which can beat him. Bats will struggle with Captain America, but still, the weak link is Iron Man. This is Thor and Iron Man vs Superman and WW. Stark is the weak link.

#16 Posted by catofellow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Which version for Marvel? Avengers lineup loses in a landslide, even to new52. RKT could solo however.

Captain America and Batman for those interested is probably a stalemate. Captain America is slightly ahead of Batman in strength and agility, and has the definitive durability advantage. Batman however has significantly better gear. Either way, there is nothing Batman, Captain America, or Iron Man could do to Superman, Thor, and Wonder Woman. Remember, OP says no prep, so we can only assume Tony's armor is standard.

Finally, how are anyone in the Marvel lineup ahead of Wolverine, Hulk, or Spider-Man? If anything, that would be Marvel's big 3 in terms of popularity (most recognizable, not necessarily most liked).

#17 Posted by Killemall (18283 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

DC still take it. With Wonder Woman's showings, she's still given us enough reason to believe that she, or superman could stalemate long enough for the other to beat Iron man. Both of which can beat him. Bats will struggle with Captain America, but still, the weak link is Iron Man. This is Thor and Iron Man vs Superman and WW. Stark is the weak link.

Although i believe DC wins, which showing of Wonder Woman are you referring to? I havent been able to follow Wonder Woman after issue no 11 of JLA and WW because i got my hands on Thanos and SS chronology and the fanboy in me prevents me from reading any other comics before i can finish these two complete chronology lol. Has she done anything noteworthy? Did she actually beat Appolo in WW 12? Coz as far as 11 she got stomped.

#18 Posted by Killemall (18283 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

@venomsapprentice said:

Thor Solos.

Cap gets his ass beat.

More than once??? I know Iron Man got out his Hulk buster Armor for World War Hulk and got beat up, when has he used Hulk Buster Armor again? Sorry, not saying this is incorrect, just curious (because like u already know, i adore Hulk as a character and this is a feat i should save)

#19 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

I'm not sure of New 52 Wonder Woman's strength gauge, but Superman is about as strong as Marvel's powerhouse, about 50,000-100,000 tons in range (Wonder Man's feat).

Iron Man might be only base 100-tonner, but he held his own against thousand-tonners many times. He is weak link, but that doesn't mean he is non-factor.

#20 Posted by Needlebay (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

DC. If this is Pre-Flashpoint.

#21 Posted by Killemall (18283 posts) - - Show Bio

@AngryHulks said:

I'm not sure of New 52 Wonder Woman's strength gauge, but Superman is about as strong as Marvel's powerhouse, about 50,000-100,000 tons in range (Wonder Man's feat).

Iron Man might be only base 100-tonner, but he held his own against thousand-tonners many times. He is weak link, but that doesn't mean he is non-factor.

Ok i am gonna bite, what are you basing those figures from? the best feat i can remember is Superman being able to bust tanks and stop trains, also 100,000 tons from Wonder Man when Destroyer Armor has been stated to be about 400 tonner from Marvel sounds like a very unfair figure.

Iron Man is class 6 as per bio (75 - 100 tons), does he have feats to put him above 100 tons range? I am not well versed with Iron Man, dont even like him as a character, but if he does have more than one feats of above 100 tons than i see no reason why we dont follow feats, but does he have any?

#22 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@greenteaforme said:

@venomsapprentice said:

Thor Solos.

Cap gets his ass beat.

More than once??? I know Iron Man got out his Hulk buster Armor for World War Hulk and got beat up, when has he used Hulk Buster Armor again? Sorry, not saying this is incorrect, just curious (because like u already know, i adore Hulk as a character and this is a feat i should save)

One version was beat up by the Hulk, another version was destroyed by Thor. Various other universes' Hulkbusters were destroyed by the Hulk (Hulkbuster Tanks, etc.).

I didn't mean just 616 ;P That's what I meant by "some incarnation".

Also, are you really a Hulk fan...?

#23 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Park: @Killemall: Nope,she didn't beat Apollo ..she beat Artemis,Issue no 12, she took off the bracelets because they restrict it to use all its power

#24 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's Three wins because the New 52 heroes are outclassed by decades of experience. I miss the old DCU.

#25 Posted by Killemall (18283 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

One version was beat up by the Hulk, another version was destroyed by Thor. Various other universes' Hulkbusters were destroyed by the Hulk (Hulkbuster Tanks, etc.).

Ok i think you are getting confused, Hulk one was Hulk buster armor, and i am assuming you are talking about King Thor (that one with the beard) which would be a Thor Buster Armor (i am pretty sure that was meant to be more powerful) and the next time Iron Man fought Thor was in his regular armor against an annoyed Thor (due to civil war and creation of Ragnarok clone) and he got stomped.

Hulkbusters in other universe, oh dont know.

I am, i love Hulk. That doesnt mean i go around threads, ignoring every evidence posted and blatantly claim Hulk stomps or wins, but Hulk is a character i adore. Until recently, before my computer had to be formatted, i had Hulk's scan for each and ever of his solo issues, thats how much i like Hulk. Probably one of my top 3 fav characters from Marvel along with Thanos and Silver Surfer.

#26 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@greenteaforme said:

Ok i think you are getting confused, Hulk one was Hulk buster armor, and i am assuming you are talking about King Thor (that one with the beard) which would be a Thor Buster Armor (i am pretty sure that was meant to be more powerful) and the next time Iron Man fought Thor was in his regular armor against an annoyed Thor (due to civil war and creation of Ragnarok clone) and he got stomped.

Hulkbusters in other universe, oh dont know.

I am, i love Hulk. That doesnt mean i go around threads, ignoring every evidence posted and blatantly claim Hulk stomps or wins, but Hulk is a character i adore. Until recently, before my computer had to be formatted, i had Hulk's scan for each and ever of his solo issues, thats how much i like Hulk. Probably one of my top 3 fav characters from Marvel along with Thanos and Silver Surfer.

The Hulkbuster armor from Earth-1610 was destroyed by Thor.

I've never read the Thorbuster.

I'm not a Marvel fan ;P

I was only asking because I personally consider the Hulk to be an awful character. No offense. I just find the writing to be on a worse level than some other Marvel books. Thor is the only character writter worse than the Hulk that I can think of.

#27 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@AngryHulks said:

Ok i am gonna bite, what are you basing those figures from? the best feat i can remember is Superman being able to bust tanks and stop trains, also 100,000 tons from Wonder Man when Destroyer Armor has been stated to be about 400 tonner from Marvel sounds like a very unfair figure.

Iron Man is class 6 as per bio (75 - 100 tons), does he have feats to put him above 100 tons range? I am not well versed with Iron Man, dont even like him as a character, but if he does have more than one feats of above 100 tons than i see no reason why we dont follow feats, but does he have any?

Superman pulls a submarine out of water, which is about 50,000-500,000 tons (Sorry, I have to correct my post). Classic Wonder Man support Hydrobase stated to be thousands on tons in weight, and support 50,000 tons printing press from crushing himself. Iron Man have overloaded himself above 10,000 tons before.

I know it's a classic feats, but this is just some speculation.

#28 Posted by Killemall (18283 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenteaforme said:

The Hulkbuster armor from Earth-1610 was destroyed by Thor.

I've never read the Thorbuster.

I'm not a Marvel fan ;P

Oh, i dont believe i have read much of alternate reality versions of characters apart from What Ifs so i wouldnt know.

I was only asking because I personally consider the Hulk to be an awful character. No offense. I just find the writing to be on a worse level than some other Marvel books. Thor is the only character writter worse than the Hulk that I can think of.

You minie bum, take that back :p

Well i suppose it varies from people to people, in battle thread people focus more on his fighting feats, and in that regards he is indeed awfully written, and that coming from one of Hulk's fan say it all. However, if you read his stories , his character development his quests to redemption, his inability to control his anger, his vulnerability to manipulation, they are quite interesting and neatly presented, apart from the current hulk series where they tried to reverse the hulk role making Hulk the hero and Banner the villians, and thus far have done a dreadful job of it, his stories are more touching and generally end in a sad note (much like Silver Surfer) which is something i like, thats just my cup of tea.

Thor's stories are OK, some are pretty interesting others are average, but not outright boring. There are few characters i like and their solo issues are pretty damn boring, like Captain Marvel and Spectre. Then there are few character that i dont really like but their stories are pretty interesting, like Green Lantern, i dont know how you feel but as far as Dc story arc goes i have never found a story that i enjoyed as much as Green Lantern : The Emerald Twilight (and Superman: Sacrifice).

#29 Posted by Killemall (18283 posts) - - Show Bio

@AngryHulks said:

Superman pulls a submarine out of water, which is about 50,000-500,000 tons (Sorry, I have to correct my post). Classic Wonder Man support Hydrobase stated to be thousands on tons in weight, and support 50,000 tons printing press from crushing himself. Iron Man have overloaded himself above 10,000 tons before.

LOL so did Legacy while fighting Deathstroke go figure :p

Cant say much about Hydrobase, but wonder man for one isnt constantly shown that powerful. Look at his performance against say Thor and Hulk (well i could bring the SS incident but that dude is insanely powerful), and people dont regard things as heavy in comics as they do in real life. Hawkeye lifted a car with one hand , go figure :p

I know it's a classic feats, but this is just some speculation.

Wonder Man, classic or current hasnt gone through a retcon, and his power level hasnt really change (as opposed to say Thor and Dr. Strange) so i see no reason why you couldnt use his old feats. Iron Man for one has only gotten more powerful so his feats should by all means count.

#30 Posted by Quntumking (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Big Three? If you said AVENGERS' big three it would make more scense. SPIDER - MAN would definately be in the Marvel big three Category. I think the D C hero's would take this fight. Capt vs Batman = draw. Ironman vs WonderWoman = Diana (70/30) Thor vs Superman =Supes. Now if it were THOR , HULK and SPIDER - MAN vs the D C heros MARVEL would get the edge.

#31 Posted by Squalleon (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
That pretty much sums it up!
#32 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is constantly training and he has been trained by the best all over the world. Wonder Woman was raised a warrior since birth. Superman can go speed learn things, as if his own natural abilities doesn't already cut it. Not everything has been retconned by the new 52; the Trinity can still kick serious ass.

So, basically Superman vs. Thor, Wonder Woman vs. Ironman and Batman vs. Captain America. Superman and Thor outcome can go either way, Wonder Woman rips Tony out of his suit and rip him a new one, and Batman probably bests Cpt. America, considering how he is fully equipped.

#33 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

Team DC stomps

#34 Posted by The Stegman (23160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Quntumking:  

Marvel Big Three? If you said AVENGERS' big three it would make more scense. SPIDER - MAN would definately be in the Marvel big three Category. I think the D C hero's would take this fight. Capt vs Batman = draw. Ironman vs WonderWoman = Diana (70/30) Thor vs Superman =Supes. Now if it were THOR , HULK and SPIDER - MAN vs the D C heros MARVEL would get the edge.

No, they are Marvel's Big Three, we're speaking of popularity and respect inside the Marvel Universe, not in our's Spidey is popular in our world, but in his, he's not considered a big anything. 

Anyway, I think New 52 battles should be banned for like two years, or at least until they rack up sufficient feats to gauge them on.
#35 Posted by TDK_1997 (14467 posts) - - Show Bio

The DC team would still win.Batman would take Steve,he will have some little problems but eventually he would defeat him but even if he loses somebody would beat Cap fast and easily.Iron Man would lose really fast against Wonder Woman and in the end this would be Thor vs. WW and Superman.DC wins.

#36 Edited by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

WW takes out Thor, Superman stomps Ironman, Batman takes out Captain America via KO gas

#37 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess people didn't read the OP.

#38 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz: I want to see,Steve fight with Batman useing this

@Squalleon: Someone have to made a photomontage with this

Batman changing the direction of a nuclear missile. Your argument is invalid

#39 Posted by Squalleon (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21:

#40 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon: Thanks bro,how did you do that? Because I do not know how to do it

#41 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Team wins fairly easy. Superman takes out both Iron Man and Steve in the blink of an eye and then everyone gangs up on Thor

#42 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

DC easily, but only if pre-flashpoint

#43 Posted by Lvenger (18414 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

DC Team wins fairly easy. Superman takes out both Iron Man and Steve in the blink of an eye and then everyone gangs up on Thor

New 52 characters. Which is still a spite battle if I'm honest in Marvel's favour.

#44 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Jayfournines said:

New 52 characters. Which is still a spite battle if I'm honest in Marvel's favour.

it would still be the same thing though. Superman is still faster by miles than Tony or Steve so he can BFR everyone except Thor.

However, after a good fight (and since I actually know no feats for New52 WW other than the ones in JL), Thor would win most likely.

#45 Posted by Lvenger (18414 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@Lvenger said:

@Jayfournines said:

it would still be the same thing though. Superman is still faster by miles than Tony or Steve so he can BFR everyone except Thor.

However, after a good fight (and since I actually know no feats for New52 WW other than the ones in JL), Thor would win most likely.

Someone might mention Wonder Woman's divine abilities. She's the daughter of Zeus now and in Wonder Woman 12, she demonstrated the ability to tap into her divine heritage by removing her bracelets and managed to manhandle Artemis a fair bit. However her god mode abilities are iffy to say the least. There have been times when her bracelets have been off and she's showed no sign of her godly powers. Or the fact that she only chose to use them now instead of in dangerous situations in the past 11 issues.

#46 Posted by Om4zd (920 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Batman is impressive.

#47 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@matchesmalone21 said:

@kcaz: I want to see,Steve fight with Batman useing this

@Squalleon: Someone have to made a photomontage with this

Batman changing the direction of a nuclear missile. Your argument is invalid

wow looks like an alternate version of tony's ironman suit, but more suited for close range combats. guess bruce and tony can be considered alternate versions of each other, different sides of the same coin. both heros are handsome young billionaires, who are intelligent guys, but totally opposite is most aspects. one works in the dark, while the other works in the light 
#48 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jayfournines said:

i think just WW should be able to take down thor. after all, she has magic resistant armor, and better h2h combat skills.
#49 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz said:

@Jayfournines said:

i think just WW should be able to take down thor. after all, she has magic resistant armor, and better h2h combat skills.

yeah but as far as I saw in a respect thread (i'm not really a WW expert) her power output is not as formidable as it was before (aside from that suckerkick to Superman and breakin Hal's constructs). I still believe, however, that speed will come into play in the fight. Even if New52 Superman and Wonder Woman are considerably weaker than their previous incarnations, their speed is much higher than Thor's.

So, all in all a good fight.

#50 Posted by TifaLockhart (14043 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Avengers Prime win since I haven't been too impressed with the New 52 Trinity.