one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By one_upper

Scenario:

Cobra Commander has made use of Zartan's advanced stealth technology to disguise himself as a very important member of the President's Cabinet and entrench himself in the White House. Gathering intel and using his position to gain power and control he calls on SHIELD to form a Strike Force of well known Superhuman Soldiers for a top secret mission. Apparently according to false intel planted by the Commander, G.I. Joe has gone rogue and needs to swiftly be dealt with by a powerful strike team. Being the best of the best only a top notch force will be able to take them down. The following roster (shown below) of Marvel characters was chosen and accepted their task. They must infiltrate the defenses at "The Rock" and deal with a small Elite task Force of Joes there at the time.

Marvel Strike Team

Captain America
Captain America

Wolverine(Bone Claw)
 Wolverine(Bone Claw)

Punisher
 Punisher

Bucky Barnes
Bucky Barnes

Deadpool
 Deadpool

Hawkeye
Hawkeye

Black Widow
Black Widow
Cap - Suit, Shield
Wolverine - Suit, Bone Claws
Punisher - Kevlar Attire, Tactical 12 Guage, Twin 9mm pistols, Grenades, Combat Knife
Bucky - Kevlar Attire, M16, 9mm pistol, combat knife
Deadpool - Suit, Twin Katana, G9 Auto-pistol
Hawkeye - Bow/ Trick Arrows
                                                                                                                                                                                     Black Widow - 9mm pistol
                                                                                                                                                                                      Throwing knives, combat knife

vs.

G.I. Joes

Duke
 Duke

Flint
Flint

Scarlett
 Scarlett

Spirit
Spirit

Roadblock
Roadblock

Tunnel Rat
Tunnel Rat

Shipwreck
 Shipwreck

Stalker
Stalker

Snake-Eyes
 Snake-Eyes

Kamakura
 Kamakura

Storm Shadow
Storm Shadow

Jinx
Jinx
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

My opinion 5 GI Joes = 1 Captain America Marvel wins

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By one_upper

Snake-Eyes alone is equal to Cap. So is Storm Shadow. You are going to need a better argument than Cap is equal to 5 Joes.

Avatar image for captain_justice95
Captain_Justice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Captain_Justice95
@one_upper said:
Snake-Eyes alone is equal to Cap. So is Storm Shadow. You are going to need a better argument than Cap is equal to 5 Joes.

bull ####. if you think snake eyes is equal to cap your a fan boy
goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By goldenshot80
Marvel
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By one_upper
@Captain_Justice95 said:
@one_upper said:
bull ####. if you think snake eyes is equal to cap your a fan boy
You're right what was I thinking. Cap can dodge bullets, smash concrete with his bare hands and is a master of multiple forms of unarmed combat....Oh wait.
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By one_upper

I'd like to hear an explanation better than Marvel wins cuz I says so!

WeaponX510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WeaponX510

GI joe is an elite squad by the US government with no super powers whatso ever cap is a super soldier from the US government thats has taken on many people with actually powers such as the hulk....he cant beat the hulk but the fact he can stand up agianst him for a couple minutes is good cuzz i cant see anyone one GI joe F*ckin with hulk period

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By one_upper
@WeaponX510: Snake-Eyes took down Starscream.

However that's an invalid point since he is facing a different type opponent than the Hulk. He is facing a team of Elite humans. Many of them (Snake-Eyes, Kamakura, Storm Shadow, Jinx, and Scarlett at least) have shown attributes beyond that of a normal human. Cap has had a hard time with characters like Crossbones and Batroc neither of whom  are better than half the Joes.
Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a lot of Joe's to take into consideration. So I'm still not sure how this would go down. It would all depend on Marvel's infiltration into the base.

Though I do back that either Storm Shadow or Snake Eyes could give anyone from team Marvel a run for their money. One on one.

Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bucketz

Cap, Wolverine, Deadpool = All thats needed.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

Marvel wins.
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By one_upper
@Bucketz:  To lose. What people are missing here is that the Joes are on home turf. They have advanced surveillance and security systems. One does not merely walk into the Rock. They know the area better, have supplies on hand and have superior numbers.

Wolverine is bone claw. If he fights like he usually does and lets himself tank blows he's going to overtax his healing factor and eventually get sliced up so bad he won't be able to move. Snake-Eyes is very precise and wouldn't hesitate going for the tendons.

Deadpool is a joke. All of the Joe ninja's are superior in every aspect except his HF. He too will not fare too well either. His zany cartoon shenanigans won't get him far in this situation.

As for Cap he's an equal match for anyone on the Joes side, but many of them would give him a good fight and a few of them could beat him. Together it's guaranteed.
Earth Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Earth Oni
@one_upper said:

Deadpool is a joke. All of the Joe ninja's are superior in every aspect except his HF.

Deadpool shouldn't be overlooked.
Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Shadow_Thief

At first glance, I'd say the Marvel team would have the obvious advantage: most of their members have similar skill sets to the Joes, and they have the advantage of super-powers. On the other hand, the Joe team is actually a team, and is used to working as a unit and coordinating their efforts.

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By one_upper
@Shadow_Thief said:
At first glance, I'd say the Marvel team would have the obvious advantage: most of their members have similar skill sets to the Joes, and they have the advantage of super-powers. On the other hand, the Joe team is actually a team, and is used to working as a unit and coordinating their efforts.
Nice points.
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By one_upper
@Earth Oni: Impressive scan indeed. Quite the marksman. Against a horde of unnamed unknown enemies. Most of the members of G.I. Joe are experts in more than one firearm, the highest marksmanship rank you can receive. Also a numbe rof them have shown the ability to dodge bullets. They are not a faceless nameless horde of jobbers. All being told it's a good marksmanship feat, but little more, and it has dodgy credability considering the comedic nature of the situation.
Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Shadow_Thief
@one_upper: Don't get me wrong, I think each member of the Marvel squad would be quite formidable one-on-one, but looking at them as a team, I see a lot of potential dysfunction. Punisher works almost exclusively alone, Wolverine and Hawkeye, while both mainstays on their respective teams, do have a tendency to chafe under authority, and Deadpool is, well, Deadpool.
Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bucketz
@one_upper:
Wolverine knows every martial art out there and has lived for over 200+ yrs. He has shown some feats of 'faster than the human eye can perceive' speed and usually dodges or tanks bullets. Adding his claws & healing factor is almost a guarantee that him alone will eliminate a lot of the Joes.

Deadpool may job here and there but he is a skilled mercenary not to take lightly. He actually would be one of the most perfect killing machines if he wasn't such a jobber. He also has a great healing factor that can take most of what the Joes can dish at him. Deadpool can probably take 3 of the Joes alone if not more because of his skills and healing factor. He also is pretty quick and has a high pain threshold.

Captain America is peak human unlike most of the Joes depicted here. Most of these Joes could not go against half the people Captain America has faced, or pull off his feats. He is faster,stronger and more agile then most of the Joes here, face it. He is very good H2H and his shield will provide protection from their mediocre firearms. Also will allow range for him.

Oh and lets not forget Bucky, Hawkeye, Punisher and Widow. They just add into the fun and can handle most of the Joes 1 v 1.

Marvel Wins. Not curbstomp, but the only person I see dieing on the Marvel side is Hawkeye & Maybe Black Widow.
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By one_upper
@Bucketz:
Honestly turn out the lights and Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow would most likely eliminate all but the big 3 before they knew what happened.
Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bucketz
@one_upper: Wolverine & Cap can see in the dark. Punisher has night vision goggles and so does widow. Hawkeye would be at a distance, so they would need to find him. To be serious, Punisher, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Buckeye can probably handle most, if not all of the Joes except Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow.

Wolverine, Cap and Deadpool could easily take on Snake Eyes and Strom Shadow. Don't believe me? Make a thread and see what the outcome is. Because i bet you they would dispatch of them quick. Good battle, I say Marvel wins 7/10.

Wolverine can beat Storm Shadow 1 v 1. Cap can beat Storm Shadow 1v1. Deadpool,Widow,Punisher,Hawkeye and Bucky can handle the rest.
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BarelyAverage

Marvel wins but what makes it more convincing is that if the government assigned this task wouldn't the marvel team have at least some prep time and detailed profiles on the joe'? Where areas the joes know nothing of their attackers.

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By mark5
@PowerHerc said:
Marvel wins.
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RisingBean

Hard, hard fight. I see Marvel squeaking out the win. With Captain America guiding the team, I see them pulling off feats of teamwork and heroism that they wouldn't pull off alone and though I see lots of casualties, I see them winning. If Wolverine had his Adamantium I see it being alot less equal then I do now. I'm wondering if Snake-Eyes or Storm Shadow won't end up lopping his head off before it is over. I also see Hawkeye as posible MVP of this battle.
_Counterfeit_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By _Counterfeit_

Epic Marvel slaughter stomp..... 

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Susanoo

Marvel
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cattlebattle
@one_upper said:
Well Snake Eyes and SS not counted for, Cap easily wrecks the rest of the team
alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By alcoholbob

Marvel always wins, except vs DC. This is Vine Law.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jojjimbo
@cattlebattle said:
My opinion 5 GI Joes = 1 Captain America Marvel wins
This.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts