#1 Posted by RIKR2 (10449 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto & Polaris

vs

Kyle Rayner and Captain Atom

Welcome to the First round battle of MARVEL vs DC tournament

• You win by debating for your team.
  • Team with the most votes win. (even users that aren’t in the tournament can vote)
  • Vote for the one who debate better not the one who have the better team
  • You can said when you think is not use to debate anymore and ask to the reader to star voting when the debate start circling
  • Battle is to death or KO
  • No BFR, Speed blitzing or mind rape
  • Every member of your team would be on character and would have their regular gear

You’ll get: 30 min of prep time and a file of your adversary ability

Objective: beat the other team

#2 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

ok I'm not too familiar with Cap Atom but couldn't Mags open up the casing of his body and drain the energy coming out by tapping in to the earths electromagnetic fields like he drained the phoenix?

#3 Posted by war of light_2814 (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, When did Magneto open something as durable as dilustel? and It won't work that way.Atom himself is an energy manipulator.given 30 minutes prep time Kyle could just cast an illusions and sneak attack mags & his daughter for a cheap victory even though I'm sure they have more than enough powers to win in face-to-face fight.

#4 Posted by RIKR2 (10449 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAmazingImmortalMan: @war of light_2814: bump

#5 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

@war of light_2814 said:

Hmm, When did Magneto open something as durable as dilustel? and It won't work that way.Atom himself is an energy manipulator.given 30 minutes prep time Kyle could just cast an illusions and sneak attack mags & his daughter for a cheap victory even though I'm sure they have more than enough powers to win in face-to-face fight.

he pulled Adamantium out of Logan, and the combined electromagnetic powers of both should be able to open the dilustel. Power yea, on paper your team has the advantage but if Magneto taps into the earths electromagnetic fields like stated above, uses the satalites to gain more power as he recently did in AvX and also uses Polaris' powers to magnify his own as he did in dark seduction Magneto can bring the whole city and most likely more down on his opponents.

#6 Posted by RIKR2 (10449 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAmazingImmortalMan: @war of light_2814: this isn’t over yet! :D

#7 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

@RIKR2 said:

@TheAmazingImmortalMan: @war of light_2814: this isn’t over yet! :D

I know im just waiting my opponents response..............also 30 min prep my my team flies around the NYC area and collects as much metal as they can, Kyle is powerful yes but if his concentration is broken he can be beaten

#8 Posted by war of light_2814 (809 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAmazingImmortalMan said:

@war of light_2814 said:

he pulled Adamantium out of Logan, and the combined electromagnetic powers of both should be able to open the dilustel. Power yea, on paper your team has the advantage but if Magneto taps into the earths electromagnetic fields like stated above, uses the satalites to gain more power as he recently did in AvX and also uses Polaris' powers to magnify his own as he did in dark seduction Magneto can bring the whole city and most likely more down on his opponents.

err,I still don't see how can they counter illusion and if they somehow overcome that 1.As I said before,Atom is an energy manipulator and magnetic isn't really new to him i don't see why he can't just bsorb or redirect it 2 even if they capable of crack it open,how fast you think they can do?what stop Atom from smashing them in that meantime?the guy are usually depict as being within Superman weight class.3.Rayner definitely won't just enjoy his popcorn while they gang up on his teammate and he had them completely outmatched,both in term of raw power and versatility if they're busying on Nate it would be an oppotunity for Kyle to finish them off.

@RIKR2:

When's the deadline for the vote?.

#9 Edited by RIKR2 (10449 posts) - - Show Bio
@RIKR2:

@war of light_2814: you decided when, both of u

#10 Posted by war of light_2814 (809 posts) - - Show Bio

@RIKR2 said:

@RIKR2:

@war of light_2814: you decided when, both of u

Nice:)

#11 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

@war of light_2814 said:

@war of light_2814 said:

err,I still don't see how can they counter illusion and if they somehow overcome that 1.As I said before,Atom is an energy manipulator and magnetic isn't really new to him i don't see why he can't just bsorb or redirect it 2 even if they capable of crack it open,how fast you think they can do?what stop Atom from smashing them in that meantime?the guy are usually depict as being within Superman weight class.3.Rayner definitely won't just enjoy his popcorn while they gang up on his teammate and he had them completely outmatched,both in term of raw power and versatility if they're busying on Nate it would be an oppotunity for Kyle to finish them off.

@RIKR2:

30 min prep my my team flies around the NYC area and collects as much metal as they can, Kyle is powerful yes but if his concentration is broken he can be beaten also if Magneto is tapping into all these additional power sources I see no reason why he can't win, in Dark seduction when he was using Polaris as a power source he was able to manipulate the Iron in the avengers blood, and at full power he pulled Fabian Cortez from the other side of the Island of Genosha and killed him, there is a reason Magneto was the most feared man on the planet, I'll get scans later if necessary.

#12 Posted by war of light_2814 (809 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAmazingImmortalMan:

1.What's stopping Kyle from just casting illusion and take them off guard?

2. Atom can easily maul them in physical fight.

3.Manipulating Iron can only work in short range as far as I've seen and it won't against some one who can go intangible(Kyle) also,getting close to someone as strong as Atom can be lethal for lensherr.

4.I honestly don't see how throwing metal would do anygood against someone who can contain Supernova-block planet busting attack-contain alternate counterpart of superman for hours ,can go intangible and actually much faster than Mags.

#13 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

@war of light_2814 said:

@TheAmazingImmortalMan:

1.What's stopping Kyle from just casting illusion and take them off guard?

2. Atom can easily maul them in physical fight.

3.Manipulating Iron can only work in short range as far as I've seen and it won't against some one who can go intangible(Kyle) also,getting close to someone as strong as Atom can be lethal for lensherr.

4.I honestly don't see how throwing metal would do anygood against someone who can contain Supernova-block planet busting attack-contain alternate counterpart of superman for hours ,can go intangible and actually much faster than Mags.

1. Both Mags and Polaris have powerful force fields. (but tbh im not sure how it holds up against intangibility)
  2. Not when Mags is suped up from extra power sources as I have already stated.
  3. He pulled Cortez from the other side of Genosha using the Iron in his blood
  4. Just to interrupt his concentration and leave an opening.

anyway I'm ready to start the voting

#14 Posted by war of light_2814 (809 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAmazingImmortalMan:

1.He could just create decoys of himself and captain atom Mags would probably busy atacking and illusion.what make you think he would use his force field as soon as the match start?When he see his Hologram enermy,they would fall for a trap an attacking them,allow my team an opening.

2.Elactromagnetic feild is also something that Captain atom can manipulate.

3 Impressive,but how he kill cortez smashing him to the ground?that won't work.Kyle might as well teleport right there and beat him to submission.

4.Let's be realistic.As soon as Kyle use his forcefield,there's absolutely nothing your team can do.How exactly does throwing some scrap metal would interrupt his concentration? he could just sit there all they and watch their useless attemp to penerate his force field.

#15 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

@war of light_2814: @RIKR2: I'm ready for the voting

#16 Posted by RIKR2 (10449 posts) - - Show Bio

is voting time guys

@TheAmazingImmortalMan: there is a reason Magneto was the most feared man on the planet, I'll get scans later if necessary.

Where’re the scans?

#17 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

@RIKR2: my bad, my scanner broke but most of what I said can be found in Magneto: Dark Seduction issues 3 and 4

#18 Posted by LordStoop (514 posts) - - Show Bio

#19 Edited by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom molecularly changes all metal into plastic. Even the metal on Magnetos and Polaris clothes. Not allowing them to fly. Then they get blasted by Both lantern and Atom

Vote: WarofLight

#20 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@RIKR2 said:

is voting time guys

@TheAmazingImmortalMan: there is a reason Magneto was the most feared man on the planet, I'll get scans later if necessary.

Where’re the scans?

Magneto is not the most feared man on the planet, People fear Hulk more.

Also Team 2 wins.

#21 Posted by YoungJustice (6682 posts) - - Show Bio

War of light wins.

#22 Posted by MonsterStomp (16112 posts) - - Show Bio

ok I'm not too familiar with Cap Atom but couldn't Mags open up the casing of his body and drain the energy coming out by tapping in to the earths electromagnetic fields like he drained the phoenix?

Mate. Captain Atom created a universe with a mere thought and destroyed it just as easy. He has full manipulation of the quantum field, which is supposedly unlimited form of energy. Adding Kyle Rayner and its probably a stomp.

#23 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't Gl been beat by magnetism before? I am leaning towards Magneto and Polaris for the win. Mags is pretty powerful. And I think more people fear him than the Hulk. Just saying.

#24 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

@TitanTempest: not trying to change your vote or anything but Mags and Polaris don't need metal to fly

@jeanroygrant: yea except Hulk isn't/wasn't thought of as an international terrorist bent on taking over the world with the power and enough followers to do so, that is why he was given the country of Genosha, to try and keep him busy with the civil war and poverty going on instead.

#25 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAmazingImmortalMan: Oh Dang, didnt know that. I still think Light Wins, but Im glad I learned something new. Magneto is REALLY strong but I think Captain Atom makes all the difference here. Kyle against magnetism would be hard to judge, I think that could go either way

#26 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAmazingImmortalMan: True.

#27 Posted by RIKR2 (10449 posts) - - Show Bio

mmm I' think i'll go with Magnus and Polaris also but u still down 5-2 and this would end 2day

#28 Posted by war of light_2814 (809 posts) - - Show Bio
@RIKR2
Technically.I've yet to say "yes" for the voting but well,there you go.
#29 Posted by RIKR2 (10449 posts) - - Show Bio

@war of light_2814: sorry dude dint notice :S, but if u wan u can still debate

#30 Posted by war of light_2814 (809 posts) - - Show Bio
@RIKR2 said:

@war of light_2814: sorry dude dint notice :S, but if u wan u can still debate

Well,My opponent is no longer debating But I would Like to hear you oppinion,what make you think Magneto wins?
#31 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

@war of light_2814: I'll continue debating if you want, I do it for fun so even if the voting is going on I'll debate with you a bit longer:)...........also may the best man(or gal) win

#32 Posted by Awesomecris88 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

MAGNETO!!!!

#33 Posted by war of light_2814 (809 posts) - - Show Bio

@war of light_2814: I'll continue debating if you want, I do it for fun so even if the voting is going on I'll debate with you a bit longer:)...........also may the best man(or gal) win

Well, How about you make the first move:)
#34 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll start where we left off

@war of light_2814 said:

@TheAmazingImmortalMan:

1.He could just create decoys of himself and captain atom Mags would probably busy atacking and illusion.what make you think he would use his force field as soon as the match start?When he see his Hologram enermy,they would fall for a trap an attacking them,allow my team an opening.

2.Elactromagnetic feild is also something that Captain atom can manipulate.

3 Impressive,but how he kill cortez smashing him to the ground?that won't work.Kyle might as well teleport right there and beat him to submission.

4.Let's be realistic.As soon as Kyle use his forcefield,there's absolutely nothing your team can do.How exactly does throwing some scrap metal would interrupt his concentration? he could just sit there all they and watch their useless attemp to penerate his force field.

1. theres 30 min. prep I assume he and Polaris would would start with there shields up since Mags has started numerous fights without prep with them up
  2. didn't know that but I doubt he can manipulate it as well as Magneto can
  3. not saying that would kill Kyle or keep him down it was Just to counter your point that you didn't think he could manipulate Iron in the blood at long distances
  4. not scrap what about tons
#35 Edited by war of light_2814 (809 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAmazingImmortalMan:  
1.As the fight start they would see illusions of Kyle and Captain Atom most likely they'll fall for it and attack which would make them an easy targets even if they somehow know it and turn on their shield I still don't see how they would find them.I found it hard to believe that your team can withstand the force that my team can deliver.there's also other things to worries about like intangibility and teleportation.  
2.The guy can amp himself as much as he want with the quantum feild in the prep time.    
3.Ok So you agree that it won't matter,right?  
3.I still don't see how it would accomplish annything.How exactly that gonna "break Kyle's concentration"when Kyle have show the abillity to create multipule construct at one? they don't have enough power output to breach it either.  
Do you think your team can stand against something like this? I don't.   

#36 Posted by RIKR2 (10449 posts) - - Show Bio

nicee!!! this is still on!! :D!! so far the vote are 5-3

#37 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

@war of light_2814:

we're talking about someone who went toe to toe with teams of Avengers and X-men, a man who can turn Storms power against her, so yes I think my team can stand up against your team. I think you are underestimating Magneto and Polaris who essentially has all of Erics powers except it isn't as raw and she isn't as experienced. Yes that is him breaking out of the Prince of Power's bear hug.

#38 Posted by war of light_2814 (809 posts) - - Show Bio

we're talking about someone who went toe to toe with teams of Avengers and X-men, a man who can turn Storms power against her, so yes I think my team can stand up against your team. I think you are underestimating Magneto and Polaris who essentially has all of Erics powers except it isn't as raw and she isn't as experienced. Yes that is him breaking out of the Prince of Power's bear hug.
And?Assuming it's normal roster,the only real treat is Thor so I don't see how went toe to toe with them being so impressive  the X-men is even less impressive.Turn storm power against her? o c'mon she isn't even on this level  and no, I'm not underestimated Magneto Kyle on the other hand,are seriously underrated .That guy contain Supernova,sheild hismself and his teammates from star system busting antimatter wave ,bust planet ,block planet busting attack,create constuct on multi-planetary scale etc.the very scan I show you is him solo the being who power of all metahumans on earth .so yeah,I don't see how your team can stand up to that.
#39 Posted by beatboks1 (7000 posts) - - Show Bio

War of light for the win. Captain Atom is WAY beyond the capability of Magneto to deal with. he can literally draw unlimited energy from the quantum field to make himself as strong as he wishes or his blasts as powerful as he needs. I seriously doubt Magnet could contain Silver Surfer and Atom is his level.

As to Magnetism stopping GL's one of Hal's prime enemies was Dr Polaris, and Hal always won. Ion Kyle is 100's of times more powerful than Hal and has much more creativity.

#40 Posted by RIKR2 (10449 posts) - - Show Bio

this is over and @war of light_2814: is the winner

#41 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

@RIKR2: I'll take a Magneto fanboy victory here lol

@war of light_2814: well it has been fun to debate with you Light,