#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel outsells DC quite regularly, or did up until the last quater of 2007 when DC outsold Marvel quite heavily...

i did a huge post on this in december with all the official sales figures, i'll see if i can dig it out.

M

#2 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

well we can find the sales numbers and know fr sure who sells more. but whether thats due to quality or popularity is debatable.

#3 Posted by Cyrus (683 posts) - - Show Bio

who do you think sells the most because of better quality.

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

wtf...

are you just going to turn this into a DC Hate thread?

M

#5 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Cyrus (683 posts) - - Show Bio

Probally cause Dc characters are so overpowered

#7 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc's characters aren't all over powered they just make some of them over powered for no reason. Lord shazam for example a guy who use to be at superman level and fight villains and you'd like to watch. Now hes omnipotent and its not like his villains have gotten stronger. But i would say marvel wins cause they have so much coming out at a time where as DC has some things to but not as many things though.

#8 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

????????????

#9 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"Because Marvel markets the hell out of their characters. I mean come on man... B level characters are getting movies."

You talking about wolverine, ant man, captain america, magneto and ironman movies??

#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Zero Edge said it all there...

Marvel push their marketing so hard on everything, movies, tv shows, cartoons... you name it...

DC don't bother basically. they know they've got regular readers and are quite happy to publish quality stories and not bother with the heavy publicity that Marvel has.

I read both companies now and enjoy them both

M

#11 Posted by Cyrus (683 posts) - - Show Bio

No im just saying that people might buy Marvel more because there more original

#12 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

If this does it's getting locked so talk about the sells only.

#13 Posted by Cyrus (683 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#14 Posted by Cyrus (683 posts) - - Show Bio

Well what do oyu think the reason is for marvel making the most sells

#15 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Marvel markets the hell out of their characters. I mean come on man... B level characters are getting movies.

#16 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"zero edge says:
"Because Marvel markets the hell out of their characters. I mean come on man... B level characters are getting movies."

You talking about wolverine, ant man, captain america, magneto and ironman movies??"

I meant "got" movies, sorry.

#17 Posted by Cyrus (683 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Dc's characters aren't all over powered they just make some of them over powered for no reason. Lord shazam for example a guy who use to be at superman level and fight villains and you'd like to watch. Now hes omnipotent and its not like his villains have gotten stronger. But i would say marvel wins cause they have so much coming out at a time where as DC has some things to but not as many things though."
well here uis something I noticed a lot of time swhen I look t soemthing Dc they always compare it to to supes. Like "Able to stand up to superman or "His stregnth out matches supesrman's"
#18 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Zero Edge said it all there...Marvel push their marketing so hard on everything, movies, tv shows, cartoons... you name it...DC don't bother basically. they know they've got regular readers and are quite happy to publish quality stories and not bother with the heavy publicity that Marvel has.I read both companies now and enjoy them bothM"

Or maybe the Warner Bros are holding them back.

#19 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyrus says:

"zee crusher says:
"Dc's characters aren't all over powered they just make some of them over powered for no reason. Lord shazam for example a guy who use to be at superman level and fight villains and you'd like to watch. Now hes omnipotent and its not like his villains have gotten stronger. But i would say marvel wins cause they have so much coming out at a time where as DC has some things to but not as many things though."
well here uis something I noticed a lot of time swhen I look t soemthing Dc they always compare it to to supes. Like "Able to stand up to superman or "His stregnth out matches supesrman's""

Are you sure your not just reading Superman comics?

#20 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"Or maybe the Warner Bros are holding them back."

either way, they're happy with what they've got...

i mean look at the Sinestro Corps war, it was easily the biggest event of last year, and there was no publicity whatsoever lol

M

#21 Posted by Cyrus (683 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"Cyrus says:
"zee crusher says:
well here uis something I noticed a lot of time swhen I look t soemthing Dc they always compare it to to supes. Like "Able to stand up to superman or "His stregnth out matches supesrman's""
Are you sure your not just reading Superman comics?"
Lol I hate supes I dont read his comics at all.
#22 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"iSHADOW says:
"zee crusher says:
"zero edge says:

You talking about wolverine, ant man, captain america, magneto and ironman movies??"

theres gonna be an ant man movie?!?!"

" />http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/"

thanks

#23 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"zero edge says:

theres gonna be an ant man movie?!?!

#24 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

iSHADOW says:

"zee crusher says:
"zero edge says:

theres gonna be an ant man movie?!?!"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/

#25 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both Companys and hate when people try to compare them. They're both good.

I love Ghost Rider and could'nt live a day without him but the same go's for Metamorpho and Zauriel. DC and Marvel are both good....I just kind of like Marvel Better. lol.

#26 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Lantern says:

"I like both Companys and hate when people try to compare them. They're both good. I love Ghost Rider and could'nt live a day without him but the same go's for Metamorpho and Zauriel. DC and Marvel are both good....I just kind of like Marvel Better. lol."

Spot on, Midnight Lantern. Both companies produce some great stuff, and both are sometimes guilty of trying to flood the market with sub-standard, poorly drawn "tie-in" issues. Perhaps one reason Marvel tend to sell more is that some people will buy anything (for X amle) with an "X" preceeding it, whether it is good or not. I'm not knocking X-Men in any way, they are a great team but how many X-related books does someone have to buy every month to keep up?

#27 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Thorion says:

"Midnight Lantern says:
"I like both Companys and hate when people try to compare them. They're both good. I love Ghost Rider and could'nt live a day without him but the same go's for Metamorpho and Zauriel. DC and Marvel are both good....I just kind of like Marvel Better. lol."
Spot on, Midnight Lantern. Both companies produce some great stuff, and both are sometimes guilty of trying to flood the market with sub-standard, poorly drawn "tie-in" issues. Perhaps one reason Marvel tend to sell more is that some people will buy anything (for X amle) with an "X" preceeding it, whether it is good or not. I'm not knocking X-Men in any way, they are a great team but how many X-related books does someone have to buy every month to keep up?"
True. I only read X-force )As for X-Men Titles)but all the X-Men titles can get annoying.
Post Edited:2008-02-29 17:53:52
#28 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I think DC comics being owned by Warner Bros. is the main reason why they're on top. After all, Warner Bros. (Or Time Warner) is the biggest company in America.