User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ForeverEvil

Killer Frost - Mr. Freeze - Icicle - Captain Cold - Ice

VS

Human Torch - SpiderMan - Iron Man - Cyclops

In character

No prep

Standard gear

Current versions of Marvel except peter is spidey(last version of him)

Pre 52 feats allowed due to not enough new 52 issues

No powerups like cosmic rod or time gem, phoenix five or anything like that

Avatar image for hulk_post_absolute_power
hulk_post_absolute_power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Iron man solos, the cold of the dis honoured dead is lower than absolute zero iron man easily stood in it, assuming your giving tony his suit designed to deal with the cold. Torch can become hotter than a super nova, spidy is mostly a distraction useing his spider senses to deal with the weaker member s of team ice. Cyclops.... well anyways we have tony.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ForeverEvil

Iron man solos, the cold of the dis honoured dead is lower than absolute zero iron man easily stood in it, assuming your giving tony his suit designed to deal with the cold. Torch can become hotter than a super nova, spidy is mostly a distraction useing his spider senses to deal with the weaker member s of team ice. Cyclops.... well anyways we have tony.

1. No special suit for tony. regular suit. current suit.

2. Yes Torch CAN do that but this is in character.

3. I'll elaborate the OP as far as location

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By OreoAssassin

Marvel easily wins

Avatar image for hulk_post_absolute_power
hulk_post_absolute_power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That being the case I'll have to do some research on the dc team but I'll say I'm leaning on marvel.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ForeverEvil
Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@foreverevil:

Hmm. Let's see here... We've got a mid to high level Metahuman ice generator in Icicle, Killer Frost who's got superhuman durability at least on par with Spidey, who's also a thermal vampire over a huge enough area to warrant her being a Firestorm villain (think about that for a few minutes), Mister Freeze (who while dangerous, is the least the Marvel team would have to worry about), Captain Cold has the reaction time and powerbase to give the freaking Flash a miserable day, and Ice, who when angered taps into her powers as a demigoddess.

Here's how I see it going down: Mister Freeze takes down somebody (not sure who yet) before his containment suit is ripped open via optic blast/repulsor blast. The suit is durable, but I don't think it's up to reflecting those kinds of beams durable. KF could either Omni-burst the entire area for hundreds of yards immobilizing the whole team except for the Torch and Iron Man. But just by the Torch being here, she'd be at insane levels of power due to her pulling all of his flames heat into herself, snuffing him out and probably rendering him unconscious in the process. Icicle, while not as outright powerful as Frost could still be a threat due to his oh so dirty fighting style, his willingness to kill and his go to tactic of launching thousands of foot long ice darts in every direction like automatic gunfire in addition to his standard ice blasts. Those things travel at high velocity, and could kill (or clip Spiderman while he's trying to dodge them ala Spidersense) everyone on that team except for Iron Man. Ice soloed the JLI Pre-Flashpoint when she got so angry the power she normally keeps under wraps was unleashed upon them. She was even able to harm Fire (who's powers are magical and unlike the Torch, is actually intangible when she "Flames On"). We still don't know the full extent of her upper abilities.

I say the DC team 6/10, since only Iron Man has enough durability to protect him from most of what would be thrown at them.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna agree with HeraldofGanthet

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil:

Hmm. Let's see here... We've got a mid to high level Metahuman ice generator in Icicle, Killer Frost who's got superhuman durability at least on par with Spidey, who's also a thermal vampire over a huge enough area to warrant her being a Firestorm villain (think about that for a few minutes), Mister Freeze (who while dangerous, is the least the Marvel team would have to worry about), Captain Cold has the reaction time and powerbase to give the freaking Flash a miserable day, and Ice, who when angered taps into her powers as a demigoddess.

Here's how I see it going down: Mister Freeze takes down somebody (not sure who yet) before his containment suit is ripped open via optic blast/repulsor blast. The suit is durable, but I don't think it up to reflecting those kinds of beams durable. KF could either Omni-burst the entire area for hundreds of yards immobilizing the whole team except for the Torch and Iron Man. But just by the Torch being here, she'd be at insane levels of power due to her pulling all of his flames heat into herself, snuffing him out and probably rendering him unconscious in the process. Icicle, while not as outright powerful as Frost could still be a threat due to his oh so dirty fighting style, his willingness to kill and his go to tactic of launching thousands of foot long ice darts in every direction like automatic gunfire in addition to his standard ice blasts. Those things travel at high velocity, and could kill (or clip Spiderman while he's trying to dodge them ala Spidersense) everyone on that team except for Iron Man. Ice soloed the JLI Pre-Flashpoint when she got so angry the power she normally keeps under wraps was unleashed upon them. She was even able to harm Fire (who's powers are magical and unlike the Torch, is actually intangible when she "Flames On"). We still don't know the full extent of her upper abilities.

I say the DC team 6/10, since only Iron Man has enough durability to protect him from most of what would be thrown at them.

wow.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Ice Team rapes 10/10.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are any of them going to do anything to the Human Torch??

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@emequious_swerve: Killer Frost has heat-drain.

Even if she can function as a de-humidifier, the Human Torch can go nova, I believe that is over a million degrees, and he has done it quite easily, several times.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve: Did I say de-humidifier? She has heat drain, she's a Firestorm villain, her power is that she drains heat from everything around her (which includes things like, say, cities) and turns it into ice-constructs. Johnny isn't going to go over room temperature if he's flash-frozen at the start of the battle, which is what will happen.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team DC wins. I'm not really sure how eh Marvels deal with Captain Cold.

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@emequious_swerve: Did I say de-humidifier? She has heat drain, she's a Firestorm villain, her power is that she drains heat from everything around her (which includes things like, say, cities) and turns it into ice-constructs. Johnny isn't going to go over room temperature if he's flash-frozen at the start of the battle, which is what will happen.

What if Iron Man or Cyclops just blasts her before she starts doing any of that stuff. Torchs nova blast could instantly kill everyone in one hemisphere of the planet, and that was a feat he was capable of the 1960s, I imagine through writers need to boost stats and interpolate real world physics, I am sure he is way more potent than ever in modern days.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emequious_swerve: Iron Man and Cyclops don't have a fraction of the reflex time of Captain Cold. He and Frost are this team's MVP's -- Cold has the speed to keep Frost alive, not to mention the power to flashfreeze these chumps even if Frost goes down. Marvel team has no hope here. They lose.

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@emequious_swerve: Iron Man and Cyclops don't have a fraction of the reflex time of Captain Cold. He and Frost are this team's MVP's -- Cold has the speed to keep Frost alive, not to mention the power to flashfreeze these chumps even if Frost goes down. Marvel team has no hope here. They lose.

Torch can instantly go nova, instantly. There is not much of a hope of flash freezing anything if you are a cinder.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joygirl

@emequious_swerve: He can't do it any faster than he can think. Fortunately Captain Cold can. Are you forgetting that we have a Flash villain here?

Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@emequious_swerve: He can't do it any faster than he can think. Fortunately Captain Cold can. Are you forgetting that we have a Flash villain here?

No, I am not forgetting that Captain Cold has ridiculous feats. I am remembering that Human Torchs heat output has been comparable to that of a sun and has been able to throw down with cosmic level heralds...Oh yeah, and Iron Man, who has armors that can siphon off cosmic energy and chaos magic and survive the deepest, coldest reaches of space is going to get finished off by a character whose greatest feat is being a Forestorm villain, and some guy who can do some ridiculous crap with Ice guns

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

Torch can instantly go nova, instantly. There is not much of a hope of flash freezing anything if you are a cinder.

Show me one example of a morals on, in character, torch going supernova at the onset of a fight.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

the cold of the dis honoured dead is lower than absolute zero iron man easily stood in it

That's not a thing. Cold is merely the absence of heat. At absolute zero, there is zero heat.

I don't know what you think absolute zero is but there's nothing colder than absolute zero.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ice Team wins handily.

Also, excellent summary of this fight Herald.

Jmarshmallow

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@foreverevil:

Killer Frost who's got superhuman durability at least on par with Spidey, who's also a thermal vampire over a huge enough area to warrant her being a Firestorm villain (think about that for a few minutes)

Let me stop you right there. I like Killer Frost but lets not give her credit just for being a Firestorm villain. Firestorm is wildly incompetent. None of his rogues are in his weight class. Slipknot is a Firestorm villain and he's just a guy with a rope. Black Bison is a Firestorm villain. I've read five comics with him and I'm not certain he's anything more than a guy with a buffalo skin on his head.

Hyena? Supposedly dangerous but only Firestorm says so. Plastique? Firepower but no skill or durability.

Only Multiplex and Killer Frost are even dangerous compared to street level heroes and they aren't anything next to a guy who can turn you into a tree.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great answers

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel team maybe.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't see how anyone in ice team can take down Ironman... Mandarins ring has absolute zero and IM tanked it, then add that he currently is in his bleeding edge armour which has microsecond reaction feats and you will realize he can both tank everything team DC can throw plu just nuke them once Scott and spidey die

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the cold of the dis honoured dead is lower than absolute zero iron man easily stood in it,

Wait, wait, wait.

I need scans for this. Anyone has them, or is it just a random claim? Honestly, I don't believe this.

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel ftw

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet said:

@foreverevil:

Here's how I see it going down: Mister Freeze takes down somebody (not sure who yet) before his containment suit is ripped open via optic blast/repulsor blast. The suit is durable, but I don't think it up to reflecting those kinds of beams durable. KF could either Omni-burst the entire area for hundreds of yards immobilizing the whole team except for the Torch and Iron Man. But just by the Torch being here, she'd be at insane levels of power due to her pulling all of his flames heat into herself, snuffing him out and probably rendering him unconscious in the process. Icicle, while not as outright powerful as Frost could still be a threat due to his oh so dirty fighting style, his willingness to kill and his go to tactic of launching thousands of foot long ice darts in every direction like automatic gunfire in addition to his standard ice blasts. Those things travel at high velocity, and could kill (or clip Spiderman while he's trying to dodge them ala Spidersense) everyone on that team except for Iron Man. Ice soloed the JLI Pre-Flashpoint when she got so angry the power she normally keeps under wraps was unleashed upon them. She was even able to harm Fire (who's powers are magical and unlike the Torch, is actually intangible when she "Flames On"). We still don't know the full extent of her upper abilities.

wow.

yeah, nice breakdown..

imperiex96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zoom: I was speaking in terms of her tanking his nuclear blasts point blank over the past few decades to further empower herself, as opposed to Firestorm's scary matter manipulation. But I see your point due to it being very well made. Thank you for the clarity, kind sir. Much appreciated!;)

@foreverevil: wow. @princearagorn1: yeah, nice breakdown..

Thank you, mes ami! I do aim to please, after all!

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not seeing how the DC team deal with Spidey's webs and Cyclops's blasts. Theoretically all of them could be taken down in one shot from either (Cyclops bouncing his beam or just doing a HUGE one). It really depends on how fast they figure out that one person can absorb Heat and take her out. They should figure it out easily with Iron Man's sensors and he can just oneshot her, but if not there's gonna be tons of heat weapons thrown at them and it'll end bad.

Marvel 7.5/10.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 juiceboks  Moderator

Not seeing how the DC team deal with Spidey's webs and Cyclops's blasts. Theoretically all of them could be taken down in one shot from either (Cyclops bouncing his beam or just doing a HUGE one). It really depends on how fast they figure out that one person can absorb Heat and take her out. They should figure it out easily with Iron Man's sensors and he can just oneshot her, but if not there's gonna be tons of heat weapons thrown at them and it'll end bad.

Marvel 7.5/10.

Cold Field?

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

Marvel 7.5/10.

Cold Field?

What would that do to them?

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@darkraiden: What would that do to them?

Stop all kinetic energy dead in its tracks. Including sub-atomic particles (energy) moving at the speed of light. It's what makes Captain Cold a lethal villain, and one potent enough to stop even the Flash from exercising his considerable offensive options.

Hope this was helpful, mon ami.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop all kinetic energy dead in its tracks. Including sub-atomic particles (energy) moving at the speed of light. It what makes Captain Cold a lethal villain, and one potent enough to stop even the Flash from exercising his considerable offensive options.

Hmm so would it stop Cyclop's beams from the punch dimension? So if it stops kinetic energy dead in it's tracks.....how does it not effect everything else around him? How does Flash hit him? I thought that was New 52 only? Does Iron Man's stuff count as Kinetic Energy? Would it work if Spiderman made a giant web dome around them (not getting close to the field)? Just tryna figure this out.

jesse1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In character, Cyclops and Iron Man both are excellent tacticians and leaders, and all have experience with teams. The villains do have the advantage of having similar skill sets, but will have difficulty coordinating attacks.

Cyclops vs Captain Cold. Both have narrow and wide area attacks. I see Cyclops as having the superior power here. Summers would win a beam vs beam clash, has superior tactics, and can ricochet his optic beam if needed.

Killer Frost vs Human Torch. Johnny can't go all out due to teammates, and with Frost's heat absorption, I don't see him lasting too long.

Iron Man vs Mr Freeze. I like Mr Freeze and think he's smart enough to put up a good fight, but will ultimately lose against Tony.

Icicle vs Spider-Man. Icicle seems to be able to make ice constructs only. As long as Spidey stays active, he can win. If Icicle can tag him he may be able to bury Parker in ice. 50/50.

I think Cyclops would finish Icicle if Spidey loses and the combined efforts of Tony and Scott would beat Killer Frost. I do see her as the biggest threat though.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cap Cold gives a speedster a hard time, this says alot about his reactions. Iron man would be the only challenge

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@thanosii said:

I just don't see how anyone in ice team can take down Ironman... Mandarins ring has absolute zero and IM tanked it, then add that he currently is in his bleeding edge armour which has microsecond reaction feats and you will realize he can both tank everything team DC can throw plu just nuke them once Scott and spidey die

hes no in his bleeding edge armor any more

No Caption Provided

this is his current armor but it has tagged Etremis characters, so it is still just as fast

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@heraldofganthet said:

Stop all kinetic energy dead in its tracks. Including sub-atomic particles (energy) moving at the speed of light. It what makes Captain Cold a lethal villain, and one potent enough to stop even the Flash from exercising his considerable offensive options.

Hmm so would it stop Cyclop's beams from the punch dimension? So if it stops kinetic energy dead in it's tracks.....how does it not effect everything else around him? How does Flash hit him? I thought that was New 52 only? Does Iron Man's stuff count as Kinetic Energy? Would it work if Spiderman made a giant web dome around them (not getting close to the field)? Just tryna figure this out.

It has stopped energy attacks before IIRC. Cold can control it to affect certain things around him and widen or shorten the radius. Flash usually has to exert himself a lot to keep from stopping to a standstill. Either that, or he outsmarts him somehow. What of Iron Man's stuff are you talking about? It would simply freeze the web either before it can take form a dorm or as soon as it does depending on whether he expands it or not.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

@heraldofganthet said:

It has stopped energy attacks before IIRC. Cold can control it to affect certain things around him and widen or shorten the radius. Flash usually has to exert himself a lot to keep from stopping to a standstill. Either that, or he outsmarts him somehow. What of Iron Man's stuff are you talking about? It would simply freeze the web either before it can take form a dorm or as soon as it does depending on whether he expands it or not.

I meant this kinda web:

Like how it's surrounding him? So it'd be a dome or net of web that drops on the whole team. Would it stop it in place, or just freeze it and make it drop on them?

Because if it can stop that, cyclops blasts, iron man's repulsor rays, then the only hope for marvel would be some random Iron man weapon he used once back in the day or something.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

interesting

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@darkraiden:

Excellent questions. I'll answer them in the order you've presented them:

1. Cyclops' beams are focused gravitons from that alternate dimension that give off harmless red light as a side effect. Despite the beams power, it is still composed of sub-atomic particles travelling at high velocity to impact its potential target. Ditto for Iron Man's Repulsor Technology. There is no heat generated from either of these admittedly powerful energy forms, but they generate tremendous concussive force. That means 100% kinetic energy, and thus stopped dead in mid air on contact with his Cold Field.
  2. It does actually. The only area not effected is the skin tight area around CC that allows HIM to move. Nothing else though.
  3. He doesn't. All attempts to physically accost Captain Cold (even by a being as fast and as powerful as the Flash and even Black Lanterns are completely neutralized)
  4. Haven't read any New 52 issues, so I don't know what his Post-Flashpoint limitations may be.
  5. See Number 1.
  6. The same thing would happen to Spidey's webbing that happens to a rose placed in liquid nitrogen. Only worse.
Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel ftw.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Cold is too much.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath:

Captain Cold is too much.

Agreed. And being backed by a mid to high level Meta like Icicle, a psychopath who can tank sub solar heat blasts like Killer Frost, and a demigoddess allows him to run roughshod over an admittedly formidable team in the Marvels represented here.

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Torch is always looking to go Supernova so it's in character for him to use it. It would be dangerous to the rest of his team tough. DC Ice Team wins. I guess.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foreverevil:

great explanation