• 82 results
#1 Edited by cfrehse (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 marvel vs Team 2 DC

Both teams have 1 day of prep. In this time they are allowed to study each others team members and combat abilities.

The DC team has access to Shield data.

The Marvel team has access to the JL watchtower data. Win by KO or Death. Morals on

No gadgets or weapons only hand to hand.

Marvel team

Iron Fist- No Chi enhancement punches

Wolverine- Has claws but no healing factor and he wont be poisoned by his adamantium.

Daredevil

Shang Chi

Elektra

Gamora- She is nerfed to peak human agility fitness and strength

Captain America

Black Panther

DC team

Batman

Nightwing

Black Canary- no canary cry

Lady Shiva

Deathstroke

Wonder Woman- Nerfed to Peak human lvl speed agility and strength

Cassandra Cain

Jason Todd

#2 Posted by Pokeysteve (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I don't believe Todd or Nightwing can beat anyone from the Marvel team. Then at the same time Cass, Shiva and Slade can beat everyone from the Marvel team.

I'm gonna go with the DC team because of those three.

#3 Posted by cfrehse (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: i actually thought gamora was one of the top characters here

#4 Posted by utkanflash (520 posts) - - Show Bio

Im Gonna With DC Team ... DC Team look awesome... better intelligence, better fighters, more experience, better gagdets and tools, better tactical masters.... ;) DC take this match....

#5 Posted by Pokeysteve (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse said:

@pokeysteve: i actually thought gamora was one of the top characters here

I've heard that too but have never seen any scans. Plus she is naturally super powered so it could be hard to get a read on her skill level.

#6 Posted by Blacharrt1 (760 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: @utkanflash: @cfrehse: http://www.comicvine.com/gamora/4005-6806/forums/official-gamora-respect-thread-676971/

Gamora would destroy lady shiva and Cass. And the OP says Ironfist can't use chi to punch but not to enhance his durability, agility speed or to heal himself. And Black Panther is the smartest and the one of the most deadly people the entire roster as the King of Necropolis, he has the combined abilities of all the Black Panthers and their knowledge. Not to mention he built up an entire country and made it an multi-national company one of the richest on the planet. No comparison there.

#7 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5783 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamora and Danny Rand could beat everyone on team DC.

#8 Edited by Saren (26385 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamora is a non-factor here, she's completely featless without superhuman stats.

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

Gamora and Danny Rand could beat everyone on team DC.

Explain.

#9 Posted by Saren (26385 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse: Is Danny just peak human here or does he have chi abilities?

#10 Edited by cfrehse (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: ya i know but i figured because she knows so many more styles she was the top fighter here. I think it was 84 percent of all styles from other cultures. I nerfed her to peak lvls to make it fair to the others who are pretty much in top shape.

#11 Posted by cfrehse (1119 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Pokeysteve (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: @utkanflash: @cfrehse: http://www.comicvine.com/gamora/4005-6806/forums/official-gamora-respect-thread-676971/

Gamora would destroy lady shiva and Cass. And the OP says Ironfist can't use chi to punch but not to enhance his durability, agility speed or to heal himself. And Black Panther is the smartest and the one of the most deadly people the entire roster as the King of Necropolis, he has the combined abilities of all the Black Panthers and their knowledge. Not to mention he built up an entire country and made it an multi-national company one of the richest on the planet. No comparison there.

Gamora's entire respect thread was based around her being super human. You think she could last for even a minute against Thanos at only peak human levels. No. Cass is a move reader anyways.

I forgot about Panther's bump in stats though. Till he gets nerfed he should be unbeatable. Then again does he have any feats since his bump?

#13 Edited by robertloucksjr (1916 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Deathstroke way above Captain America physically and has a decent healing factor?

Does Black Canary get her scream?

Does Electra get her much weaker scream and her TP/TK/ninja mind tricks?

Even with Gamora being nerfed on speed and strength, she still has a great Wolverine level healing factor and an advanced metal skeleton that makes her trouble for anyone on the DC team.

#14 Edited by KenbuKaiten (20 posts) - - Show Bio

lol too much funny in this post

#15 Posted by KenbuKaiten (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertloucksjr: Deathstroke's a bit faster and has healing where Cap has better lifting feats.

#16 Edited by cfrehse (1119 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Sethlol (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

DC.

#18 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (7278 posts) - - Show Bio

DC because you gave Batman prep.

#19 Posted by Strman123 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Im Gonna With DC Team ... DC Team look awesome... better intelligence, better fighters, more experience, better gagdets and tools, better tactical masters.... ;) DC take this match....

No Gadgets or tools.

#20 Edited by Blacharrt1 (760 posts) - - Show Bio

@blacharrt1 said:

Gamora's entire respect thread was based around her being super human. You think she could last for even a minute against Thanos at only peak human levels. No. Cass is a move reader anyways.

I forgot about Panther's bump in stats though. Till he gets nerfed he should be unbeatable. Then again does he have any feats since his bump?

To answer your question yes, she's more durable, and her skeletal structure is very light materials but almost indestructible, and her Healing factor is on par with Wolverines. As far as Cass reading people's moves, if Gamora is using alien Martial arts good luck with that, her style would still be unpredictable. She knows 83% of the armed and unarmed combat in the space faring cultures. She has floored SheHulk, Thor, Rogue with Ms Marvel's abilities, Power Gem Drax. She would be just as fast as Cass, but has way more knowledge and regularly goes up against cosmic beings, and a insane healing factor.

Besides the fact that he has all the abilities and knowledge of every black panther not much, but the stuff from the Illuminati series. I haven't read past book one because i hate Beast and don't want to see him in it. But he could go invisible and punched a hole through people. But Black Panther now gets every win that any previous Black Panther had even beating Captain America outright. And as I mentioned before he already tanked a bloodlusted Chi assault from Ironfist, no one here is KO'ing him. Black Panther had already mastered all forms of martial arts before the upgrade.

I think Wonder Woman would be a good fight for BP but He would win, Captain America is already peak human but he would beat Batman. As someone pointed out earlier Nightwing and Todd are out of their league. Lady Shiva would be taken down by Rand hard, Wolverine would take out Deathstroke, Shang Chi vs Black Canary, Black Canary could definitely pull a win but it would be a hard win, his recent specified upgrade gives Shang Chi an strength edge, Jason Todd vs. Elektra no need to say who would win there, Nightwing vs. Daredevil, i think this would be a good match with Daredevil coming out the winner. Gamora vs. Cass, would be a stomp in Gamora's favor.

#21 Posted by Mortium (697 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people underestimate T'Challa's prep. He is an excellent tactician, and superb h2h fighter. Cap is used to leading teams and small groups against other groups, and that is one of his strong points. Wolverine has experience on teams, and Daredevil, Electra, Shang Chi, and Danny are all master martial artists. As far as I know, none of the DC team besides Bats and Wonder Woman have any experience on teams, so I think that Marvel takes this one, despite Batman's prep time.

#22 Posted by King Saturn (218006 posts) - - Show Bio

DC wins here on the back of Deathstroke I believe... Black Panther will be a serious problem though.

#23 Posted by Pokeysteve (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

@blacharrt1:

To answer your question yes, she's more durable, and her skeletal structure is very light materials but almost indestructible, and her Healing factor is on par with Wolverines. As far as Cass reading people's moves, if Gamora is using alien Martial arts good luck with that, her style would still be unpredictable. She knows 83% of the armed and unarmed combat in the space faring cultures. She has floored SheHulk, Thor, Rogue with Ms Marvel's abilities, Power Gem Drax. She would be just as fast as Cass, but has way more knowledge and regularly goes up against cosmic beings, and a insane healing factor.

I don't think you understand Cass' move reading ability. It's not that she predicts them because she's learned them. She learned to read body language in place of learning speech. Gamora is still human and moves like one. Cass will know what she's going to do based on other movements and completely unrelated to anything martial arts wise. Flooring She-Hulk, Thor, Rogue, and Drax mean absolutely nothing here because she did them with super powers. She doesn't have them here. She's on Cass' physical level and under these conditions she isn't beating her.

Your other pics are debatable. Especially Slade vs Logan. Wolvie is out of his league here. No healing factor against a faster, stronger, smarter opponent. He's not beating him.

#24 Posted by Supermansito (203 posts) - - Show Bio

DC wins

#25 Edited by Batman242 (4896 posts) - - Show Bio

#26 Posted by cfrehse (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: predicting an ability is a huge advantage when u know most of the main martial arts styles like cass knows but gamora knows most likely hundreds more styles and that has to be a massive advantage. Just because you can see something coming doesnt mean you can dodge it in time also. I dont think cass is at peak human lvls.

#27 Edited by cfrehse (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: ya but prep as in they know the other persons capabilities and fighting styles.

#28 Posted by Pokeysteve (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse said:

@pokeysteve: predicting an ability is a huge advantage when u know most of the main martial arts styles like cass knows but gamora knows most likely hundreds more styles and that has to be a massive advantage. Just because you can see something coming doesnt mean you can dodge it in time also. I dont think cass is at peak human lvls.

Her move reading doesn't have anything to do with the styles she knows. She reads body language like you or me would read a book. She knows moves before they are started. That would give her plenty of time to dodge or counter. Cass shouldn't be any less than peak for someone of her size and weight. Not peak in the sense of someone like Bruce.

#29 Posted by cfrehse (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: alright i feel you. im not as familiar with cass as you are and i nerfed gamora because of her superhuman stats so i guess i really dont have feats to prove her skill outside her superhuman stats.

#30 Posted by rolldestroyer (3544 posts) - - Show Bio

dc most likely wins , it has better h2h combatants shiva, cass, batman, and deathstroke isn't depowered here.

#31 Posted by Blacharrt1 (760 posts) - - Show Bio

@blacharrt1:

I don't think you understand Cass' move reading ability. It's not that she predicts them because she's learned them. She learned to read body language in place of learning speech. Gamora is still human and moves like one. Cass will know what she's going to do based on other movements and completely unrelated to anything martial arts wise. Flooring She-Hulk, Thor, Rogue, and Drax mean absolutely nothing here because she did them with super powers. She doesn't have them here. She's on Cass' physical level and under these conditions she isn't beating her.

Your other pics are debatable. Especially Slade vs Logan. Wolvie is out of his league here. No healing factor against a faster, stronger, smarter opponent. He's not beating him.

1. Gamora isn't human she from the Zen-Whoberi race, she's humanoid, which means she has human like features. body language is how someone moves if the movements are foreign as in alien, martial arts would be foreign to her, how exactly is she going to predict how she is moving?? So your assumption because she can read body language is that she will be able to read Gamora, even given that assumption if she could understand alien movements in Gamora's martial arts it wouldn't be automatic. When she beat Drax she used her agility, and speed. No strength. When she beat Thanos she used nerve strikes, which given Thanos's durability is an amazing feat, because as everyone knows nerve strike has nothing to do with overall strength at all. And it was a one shot kill according to Thanos himself. They are on the same level as far as speed, strength, but not durability. And Gamora is way more experienced than Cass. Both were trained very young as assassins, however Gamora knowledge base is a lot bigger, and her foes at base are a lot stronger than Cass's.

As far as Slade beside PIS with flash he not even close to Wolverine, Wolverine is far more experienced a soldier, and is a better fighter when he's not relying on his healing factor, he actually uses his training better, besides that. His agility even given his Adamantium skeleton he is very agile and able to keep up with spiderman, Captain America ironfist in melee combat. He is pretty much undetectable when it comes to stealth unless he wants to be found, and he still has his claws, which can cut through anything Deathstroke has.

#32 Posted by Stronger (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

DC has way better h2h fighters.

#33 Posted by HyperViper97 (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke needs a huge nerf for this to even look fair

#34 Posted by beatboks1 (7850 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem I see for DC is the

rule. Without his Gadget's Batman really has No way of dealing with BP, Logan, Cap, Gamora or IF. He's one of the best on team DC. So if he can't neither can Nightwing, Black Canary or Jason Todd. Basically that's half of team DC that are pretty much useless. The Prep is only watching battle techniques and that won't be enough to deal with the superior stats of the other team. Cass, Shiva and Deathstroke shouldn't get past those 5 either. Since a depowered Wonder Woman took down a few of her powered Amazonian Sisters she's team DC's best bet.

#35 Edited by Pokeysteve (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

@cfrehse said:

@pokeysteve: alright i feel you. im not as familiar with cass as you are and i nerfed gamora because of her superhuman stats so i guess i really dont have feats to prove her skill outside her superhuman stats.

Don't get me wrong, she's still formidable.

@pokeysteve said:

@blacharrt1:

1. Gamora isn't human she from the Zen-Whoberi race, she's humanoid, which means she has human like features. body language is how someone moves if the movements are foreign as in alien, martial arts would be foreign to her, how exactly is she going to predict how she is moving?? So your assumption because she can read body language is that she will be able to read Gamora, even given that assumption if she could understand alien movements in Gamora's martial arts it wouldn't be automatic. When she beat Drax she used her agility, and speed. No strength. When she beat Thanos she used nerve strikes, which given Thanos's durability is an amazing feat, because as everyone knows nerve strike has nothing to do with overall strength at all. And it was a one shot kill according to Thanos himself. They are on the same level as far as speed, strength, but not durability. And Gamora is way more experienced than Cass. Both were trained very young as assassins, however Gamora knowledge base is a lot bigger, and her foes at base are a lot stronger than Cass's.

As far as Slade beside PIS with flash he not even close to Wolverine, Wolverine is far more experienced a soldier, and is a better fighter when he's not relying on his healing factor, he actually uses his training better, besides that. His agility even given his Adamantium skeleton he is very agile and able to keep up with spiderman, Captain America ironfist in melee combat. He is pretty much undetectable when it comes to stealth unless he wants to be found, and he still has his claws, which can cut through anything Deathstroke has.

1. She's humanoid. She appears human. Her appearance and musculature are similar to a human. You're still talking about martial arts. Her move reading has nothing to do with her knowledge of them. Being a humanoid, she moves like a human. We can see this in her books. It isn't an assumption.

You've got to be kidding about Slade? This is the man that's beaten the crap out of Batman several times. Slade is enhanced and can match Logan in everything and probably outclass him in some things. With his claws and no healing factor, he's going to lose a lot of blood. He's going to tire way quicker than Slade will who also has a healing factor.

#36 Posted by Pokeysteve (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

rule. Without his Gadget's Batman really has No way of dealing with BP, Logan, Cap, Gamora or IF. He's one of the best on team DC. So if he can't neither can Nightwing, Black Canary or Jason Todd. Basically that's half of team DC that are pretty much useless. The Prep is only watching battle techniques and that won't be enough to deal with the superior stats of the other team. Cass, Shiva and Deathstroke shouldn't get past those 5 either. Since a depowered Wonder Woman took down a few of her powered Amazonian Sisters she's team DC's best bet.

Depowered Wonder Woman beating a few Amazons is more impressive than beating Batman which all three can or have done?

#37 Edited by Blacharrt1 (760 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: I am glad we agree she's humanoid, but humanoid does not make you human. Superman is humanoid, he is not Human. Captain Mar-vel he is humanoid, he is not human. The inhumans are humanoid, they are not Humans, Hell even mutants in the marvel universe are not considered Human. But I'm glad we cleared that one thing up. I already went over what body language is no need to go over it again. it's still an assumption, one i conceded to in my point.

Yes and as he was beating the crap out of batman he bragged to batman how he had been enhanced was faster, stronger and more deadly... key word being "Enhanced". Batman did not expect this so of course he lost in that encounter. Sorry Slade doesn't outclass wolverine in any way, in strength and agility they are pretty much even, the only difference is Wolverine has far more experience at killing people than Slade does. And as i said before he's much better at stealth. With BP helping him prep and the resources at their disposal Slade loses badly.

#38 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5783 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd and Nightwing can't beat anyone on team Marvel. No gadgets either hurts team DC. Don't see how team DC wins.

#39 Posted by beatboks1 (7850 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

Depowered Wonder Woman beating a few Amazons is more impressive than beating Batman which all three can or have done?

I don't disagree. That's why I think Dianna is the biggest threat for the DC side.

The Problem I have is that without Gadgets Bruce can't beat T'challa, Steve, Danny, Logan or Gammora. If he can't neither can Dick, Dinah or Jason ( in fact they'd loose badly). I mean T'challa has every bit the skill and intelligence that Bruce does but he's also enhanced, and the others are enhanced also.

By Contrast Matt has had wins against T'challa, Danny, Logan and Steve ( admittedly PIS but still they exist- and he's also matched and had losses to Steve ) Since he has ( though I hate it) by ABC logic so could Electra. That only leaves 4 on team DC who can take down 7 of team marvel. I'll grant that Bruce should take either Matt or Electra but he's the only one- still makes it 5 to 7 with the other 3 not able to take down anyone. I don't even think that Dinah, Dick or Jason could match Shang Chi and he's the weakest link on team Marvel

#40 Posted by Pokeysteve (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't disagree. That's why I think Dianna is the biggest threat for the DC side.

The Problem I have is that without Gadgets Bruce can't beat T'challa, Steve, Danny, Logan or Gammora. If he can't neither can Dick, Dinah or Jason ( in fact they'd loose badly). I mean T'challa has every bit the skill and intelligence that Bruce does but he's also enhanced, and the others are enhanced also.

By Contrast Matt has had wins against T'challa, Danny, Logan and Steve ( admittedly PIS but still they exist- and he's also matched and had losses to Steve ) Since he has ( though I hate it) by ABC logic so could Electra. That only leaves 4 on team DC who can take down 7 of team marvel. I'll grant that Bruce should take either Matt or Electra but he's the only one- still makes it 5 to 7 with the other 3 not able to take down anyone. I don't even think that Dinah, Dick or Jason could match Shang Chi and he's the weakest link on team Marvel

I agree with most of this except for a couple things. Without his healing factor, Logan can definitely lose to Bruce. Black Canary as well. I'd put her a bit higher than Nightwing and way higher than Todd who shouldn't even be here. Without knowing who starts off against whom though, it's impossible to determine a winner. Deathstroke and Panther being the best on their respective sides.

Unless this DC team is New 52....

#41 Posted by Mortium (697 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: Deathstroke does not have his swords, this is a hand to hand fight.

#42 Posted by cliffrice (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade isnt nerfed. So i give it to DC.

#43 Edited by beatboks1 (7850 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

I agree with most of this except for a couple things. Without his healing factor, Logan can definitely lose to Bruce. Black Canary as well. I'd put her a bit higher than Nightwing and way higher than Todd who shouldn't even be here. Without knowing who starts off against whom though, it's impossible to determine a winner. Deathstroke and Panther being the best on their respective sides.

Taking away his healing factor doesn't change the fact that he has other enhanced stats like speed, strength and agility. It also doesn't take away his adamantium bones and the power they give his blows. Nor his 100's of years worth of martial arts training. If anything not having the healing factor means he's less likely to just cut loose and therefore more likely to actually use his full skill.

#44 Posted by Pokeysteve (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve said:

@beatboks1 said:

Taking away his healing factor doesn't change the fact that he has other enhanced stats like speed, strength and agility. It also doesn't take away his adamantium bones and the power they give his blows. Nor his 100's of years worth of martial arts training. If anything not having the healing factor means he's less likely to just cut loose and therefore more likely to actually use his full skill.

True and the more he uses his speed, strength and agility, the quicker he's going to tire. His stats are almost working against him here. Slade is still enhanced and has his healing factor. Logan hasn't been training for a 100 years. He's been alive 100+ years.

@mortium said:

@pokeysteve: Deathstroke does not have his swords, this is a hand to hand fight.

I know. Doesn't really need them.

#45 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamora? Good luck defeating her.

#46 Posted by IcePrince_X (5053 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people are overestimating the body reading abilities of Cassandra Cain that makes her invincible and could not be hit...one may be able to read moves but it does not guarantee you won't get hit or injured by your opponent...the question now lies how durable is her body to withstand beating?

#47 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5783 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist doesn't need his Chi to beat anyone on team DC. Another fallacy. Most of team DC relies on gadgets or weapons, they have neither in this fight. Danny is a weapon, people forget he didn't always have his Chi, he became the Iron Fist after beating the Dragon without Chi.

#48 Posted by Saren (26385 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist doesn't need his Chi to beat anyone on team DC. Another fallacy. Most of team DC relies on gadgets or weapons, they have neither in this fight. Danny is a weapon, people forget he didn't always have his Chi, he became the Iron Fist after beating the Dragon without Chi.

He didn't beat Shou-Lao out of superior skills or anything like that, he beat it solely as a result of being able to endure high temperatures for a short while. It's not like he slapped the dragon around or anything like that. It didn't even hit him for the most part. It had a giant symbol on its chest that he blocked with his body; while he was blocking it, Shou Lao didn't even try to attack him, until finally the dragon just passed out. It's honestly nothing Batman couldn't do. And that's setting aside the fact that Shou Lao back then was much, much smaller as compared to the behemoth he later become in Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist. And Danny had his chi back then.....he just didn't have the title of Iron Fist. Have you actually read Marvel Premiere #16?

Or for that matter, has anyone who mentions the Iron Fist vs Shou Lao feat ever read Marvel Premiere #16? Because this is the extent of how impressive that feat is:

Kindly point out to me why Batman would not be able to do this.

Gamora is completely featless without superhuman abilities, I have no idea why people keep pretending she's a factor here. Tim Drake has better showings without powers than she does. All she really has without her powers is an empty aphorism about 83% of the galaxy's martial arts or what have you.

#49 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5783 posts) - - Show Bio

<p>@Citizenbane that's great and all, doesn't prove Bruce would be able to replicate it. Batman isn't as formidable without his gadgets and prep. Not saying Bruce isn't a great H2H character, I just don't think he's as good as Danny. Not too mention the 2 obvious weak links on team DC, Jason and Dick.</p>

#50 Posted by krauser99 (851 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Marvel got's this due to Super Soldier Cap, Ironfist, Shang Chi. But DC has good odds as well.