• 71 results
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Satyrquaze

This was borne out of the Lobo vs Silver Surfer thread. (nods to Methos)

These matches are taken directly from the Marvel vs. DC crossover of '96. It's very dated and was apparently voted upon by fans.

Who do you think would win?

Captain America vs. Batman

Superman vs. Hulk

Thor vs. Captain Marvel

Wonder Woman vs. Storm

Namor vs. Aquaman

Flash vs. Quicksilver

Spiderman vs. Superboy

Robin vs. Jubilee

Lobo vs. Wolverine

Silver Surfer vs. Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Methos

1, tough call... but with adequate prep time Batman

2 Superman

3, Thor

4, Wonder Woman

5, Aquaman

6, Flash (That ones a joke, Quicksilver is in do far over his head he can't even see the stars)

7, Superboy

8, Jubilee

9, Lobo (Read details in my Lobo Vs Silver surfer thread for more details as to why)

10, ...

now thats the one thats the really tough one to call...

i'm tempted to say Green Lantern... but Surfers powers can exceed those of a Green Lantern...

i'll abstain on that vote, it's too close to call.

M

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Satyrquaze

With the voting for the comic when it came out it went something like this:

1) Batman

2) Superman

3) Thor

4) Storm

5) Aquaman

6) Flash

7) Spiderman

8) Robin

9) Wolverine

10) Silver Surfer

I personally see it this way:

1) Captain America

2) Superman

3) Captain Marvel

4) Wonder Woman

5) Namor

6) Flash

7) Superboy

8) Robin

9) Lobo

10) Silver Surfer

Captain Hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Captain Hazard
  1. Cap America

2. Superman(very sadly)

3. Thor

4. Wonder Woman

5. Namor

6. Flash

7. Spider-Man

8. Robin

9. Lobo

10. Surfer

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By acewasp23

Nobody says:

"1. Cap America 2. Superman(very sadly) 3. Thor 4. Wonder Woman 5. Namor 6. Flash 7. Spider-Man 8. Robin 9. Lobo 10. Surfer "

i just dont see spiderman beating superboy,

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Martian

acewasp23 says:

"Nobody says:
"1. Cap America 2. Superman(very sadly) 3. Thor 4. Wonder Woman 5. Namor 6. Flash 7. Spider-Man 8. Robin 9. Lobo 10. Surfer "
i just dont see spiderman beating superboy, "
You know I saw that happening has soon as I posted it.
acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By acewasp23

spiderman621 says:

"acewasp23 says:
"Nobody says:
You know I saw that happening has soon as I posted it. "

what? its just how is spiderman going to hurt superboy?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Martian

acewasp23 says:

"spiderman621 says:
"acewasp23 says:
"Nobody says:
what? its just how is spiderman going to hurt superboy?"
They found a way in the comic which seemed very possible. But give it a second and Buckshot will pop in an tell me I am wrong.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

spiderman621 says:

"They found a way in the comic which seemed very possible. But give it a second and Buckshot will pop in an tell me I am wrong."

I already have.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By acewasp23

spiderman621 says:

"acewasp23 says:
"spiderman621 says:
"acewasp23 says:
"Nobody says:
what? its just how is spiderman going to hurt superboy?"
They found a way in the comic which seemed very possible. But give it a second and Buckshot will pop in an tell me I am wrong. "

lol ok i'll have to see what he says.

Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Superkitty

acewasp23 says:

"Nobody says:

Some of the match-ups seem ill-conceived. There has to be someone in the DC universe that is about Spiderman's level. The Flash/Quicksilver one seemed to be a "we don't really have a main character like the Flash, so we'll dig someone up in the archives."

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Methos

it was just stupid, that entire fight scene was stupid... actually the entire collection of fights were stupid...

does his best to erase his memory of the entire fiasco

M

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Martian

Superkitty says:

"acewasp23 says:
"Nobody says:
Some of the match-ups seem ill-conceived. There has to be someone in the DC universe that is about Spiderman's level. The Flash/Quicksilver one seemed to be a "we don't really have a main character like the Flash, so we'll dig someone up in the archives.""
Actually I can't think of a character that is like Spidey in DC. They are either weaker or strong. Not somewhere just about him that I can think of.
Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Superkitty

Methos says:

"it was just stupid, that entire fight scene was stupid... actually the entire collection of fights were stupid...*does his best to erase his memory of the entire fiasco*M"

My "favorite" part was many of the fights were resolved in a few panels. They should have made it more than 4 issues.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By acewasp23

what was stupid was why they were fighting. the latest crossover with the avengers JLA crossover was a lot better.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Methos

Superkitty says:

"Methos says:
"it was just stupid, that entire fight scene was stupid... actually the entire collection of fights were stupid...*does his best to erase his memory of the entire fiasco*M"

My "favorite" part was many of the fights were resolved in a few panels. They should have made it more than 4 issues.

"

i'm sorry, the Wolverine Vs Lobo fight was an atrocity...

there is no way in hell that Wolverine could take Lobo, not even if he caught him half asleep and a mile away from his weapons...

Lobo basically got told "Sorry, we've had too many wins for DC already, so bend over, assume the position and take it like a man."

No way would that happen, i demand a rematch!!!

M

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Satyrquaze

Buckshot says:

"I already have."

GASP! How does he do it?

Methos says:

"it was just stupid, that entire fight scene was stupid... actually the entire collection of fights were stupid... *does his best to erase his memory of the entire fiasco* M"

Which is exactly why I brought it up! ;)

acewasp23 says:

"what was stupid was why they were fighting. the latest crossover with the avengers JLA crossover was a lot better."

True that. I made this actually because I remembered taking issue with the results of the original voting results.

JLA/Avengers was much better.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Forever

Satyrquaze says:

"Buckshot says:
"I already have."
*GASP!* How does he do it? Methos says:
"it was just stupid, that entire fight scene was stupid... actually the entire collection of fights were stupid... *does his best to erase his memory of the entire fiasco* M"
Which is exactly why I brought it up! ;) acewasp23 says:
"what was stupid was why they were fighting. the latest crossover with the avengers JLA crossover was a lot better."
True that. I made this actually because I remembered taking issue with the results of the original voting results. JLA/Avengers was much better."

But even that wasn't that good. They should come up with some reasonable pairings and have a double sized comic for each one. Run one a month for a year and you have twelve great fights. If you want to have the fans vote, they can vote to determine the most wanted fights but not the outcome. Make the outcomes as believable as possible and you could have a great boost to both companies.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By acewasp23

Methos says:

"Superkitty says:
"Methos says:
My "favorite" part was many of the fights were resolved in a few panels. They should have made it more than 4 issues. "
i'm sorry, the Wolverine Vs Lobo fight was an atrocity... there is no way in hell that Wolverine could take Lobo, not even if he caught him half asleep and a mile away from his weapons... Lobo basically got told "Sorry, we've had too many wins for DC already, so bend over, assume the position and take it like a man." No way would that happen, i demand a rematch!!! M"

he didn't even have his weapons all he had was his hook and chain. the only fights that marvel should of won was thor, namor, silver surfer, and maybe capt. america.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Methos

and i'm greatfull it was brought up...

i've noticed a lot of people on the site seem to have similar thoughts on how the fight should have ended

probably because we have more common sense and intelligence than the writers who wrote that rubbish do...

M

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By acewasp23

Forever says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Buckshot says:
"I already have."
*GASP!* How does he do it? Methos says:
Which is exactly why I brought it up! ;) acewasp23 says:
True that. I made this actually because I remembered taking issue with the results of the original voting results. JLA/Avengers was much better."
But even that wasn't that good. They should come up with some reasonable pairings and have a double sized comic for each one. Run one a month for a year and you have twelve great fights. If you want to have the fans vote, they can vote to determine the most wanted fights but not the outcome. Make the outcomes as believable as possible and you could have a great boost to both companies."

yeah that would of been better.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Methos

acewasp23 says:

"Methos says:
"Superkitty says:
"Methos says:
My "favorite" part was many of the fights were resolved in a few panels. They should have made it more than 4 issues. "
i'm sorry, the Wolverine Vs Lobo fight was an atrocity... there is no way in hell that Wolverine could take Lobo, not even if he caught him half asleep and a mile away from his weapons... Lobo basically got told "Sorry, we've had too many wins for DC already, so bend over, assume the position and take it like a man." No way would that happen, i demand a rematch!!! M"

he didn't even have his weapons all he had was his hook and chain. the only fights that marvel should of won was thor, namor, silver surfer, and maybe capt. america."

no way Namor...

there is no way he could hold his own against Aquaman...

M

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By acewasp23

Methos says:

"acewasp23 says:
"Methos says:
"Superkitty says:
"Methos says:
he didn't even have his weapons all he had was his hook and chain. the only fights that marvel should of won was thor, namor, silver surfer, and maybe capt. america."
no way Namor... there is no way he could hold his own against Aquaman... M"

i just didnt like the " lets drop a whale on him that should do it. lol

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Satyrquaze

Forever says:

"But even that wasn't that good. They should come up with some reasonable pairings and have a double sized comic for each one. Run one a month for a year and you have twelve great fights. If you want to have the fans vote, they can vote to determine the most wanted fights but not the outcome. Make the outcomes as believable as possible and you could have a great boost to both companies."

I remember reading that when George Perez wanted to write and do the art for a Marvel/DC crossover back in the 80's and got it approved to by both companies, he tried to make the results as probable as possible and Marvel backed out when too many of their top tier guys were getting beaten by second and third tier DC characters.

I think Kurt Busiek mentioned it in an interview for JLA/Avengers.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Methos

lol, no, that was a cheapshot to end the fight...

but i still don't think Namor could stand up to Aquaman in a toe to toe fight

M

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Satyrquaze

Methos says:

"lol, no, that was a cheapshot to end the fight... but i still don't think Namor could stand up to Aquaman in a toe to toe fight M"

I think Namor is stronger by quite a bit.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By acewasp23

Methos says:

"lol, no, that was a cheapshot to end the fight... but i still don't think Namor could stand up to Aquaman in a toe to toe fight M"

i'm not to sure who would win i guess, but i think namor would do better than he did in the comic.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Methos

Satyrquaze says:

"Methos says:

I think Namor is stronger by quite a bit."

dunno... just checked him profile and he can lift 100 tons...

i'm sure i've seen aquaman do a lot more than that

M

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By acewasp23

Methos says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Methos says:
I think Namor is stronger by quite a bit."
dunno... just checked him profile and he can lift 100 tons... i'm sure i've seen aquaman do a lot more than that M"

yeah but is that under water? i know they both can lift and press more under water.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Forever

Satyrquaze says:

"Forever says:
"But even that wasn't that good. They should come up with some reasonable pairings and have a double sized comic for each one. Run one a month for a year and you have twelve great fights. If you want to have the fans vote, they can vote to determine the most wanted fights but not the outcome. Make the outcomes as believable as possible and you could have a great boost to both companies."
I remember reading that when George Perez wanted to write and do the art for a Marvel/DC crossover back in the 80's and got it approved to by both companies, he tried to make the results as probable as possible and Marvel backed out when too many of their top tier guys were getting beaten by second and third tier DC characters. I think Kurt Busiek mentioned it in an interview for JLA/Avengers. "

Its a shame too Satyr. Marvel can't escape the fact that they write their characters to be less powerful than DC does theirs. You certainly can't counteract it by having Storm defeat Wonder Woman, Spider-Man defeat Superboy and Wolverine defeat Lobo. If you take an entire comic for each battle, then you can show the Marvel character in a better light, trying to use the environment to take out whoever he ends up fighting. At least you have more of a fight and it doesn't end up looking like a curbstomp because it's only a few panels.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By zero edge

Satyrquaze says:

"Forever says:

I remember reading that when George Perez wanted to write and do the art for a Marvel/DC crossover back in the 80's and got it approved to by both companies, he tried to make the results as probable as possible and Marvel backed out when too many of their top tier guys were getting beaten by second and third tier DC characters.

I think Kurt Busiek mentioned it in an interview for JLA/Avengers.

"

That's interesting, I want to read the interview now.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Methos

clear this up first...

which aquaman are using?

to be honest i didn't know they'd retconned him after IC, so are we using AC or Orin?

M

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By acewasp23

Forever says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Forever says:
I remember reading that when George Perez wanted to write and do the art for a Marvel/DC crossover back in the 80's and got it approved to by both companies, he tried to make the results as probable as possible and Marvel backed out when too many of their top tier guys were getting beaten by second and third tier DC characters. I think Kurt Busiek mentioned it in an interview for JLA/Avengers. "
Its a shame too Satyr. Marvel can't escape the fact that they write their characters to be less powerful than DC does theirs."

i think the write them that way so they can be more vulnerable.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Satyrquaze

Methos says:

"clear this up first... which aquaman are using? to be honest i didn't know they'd retconned him after IC, so are we using AC or Orin? M"

The Aquaman that everyone pictures when someone says "Aquaman" Arthur Curry, the one that was in the crossover.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By acewasp23

you forgot about catwoman vs electra.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Satyrquaze

I saw that just after I posted it...

Elektra, she's a much better raw fighter.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By acewasp23

Satyrquaze says:

"I saw that just after I posted it... Elektra, she's a much better raw fighter."

yeah better looking to.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Just to clear it up (I don't see it mentioned), only five were voted for. The other six were decuded by the writers and were obviously a 3-3 draw. These fights were voted on: Superman v Hulk, Wolverine v Lobo, Wonder Woman v Storm, Spider-man v Superboy and Batman v Captain America.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the creator

Satyrquaze says:

"This was borne out of the Lobo vs Silver Surfer thread. (nods to Methos) These matches are taken directly from the Marvel vs. DC crossover of '96. It's very dated and was apparently voted upon by fans. Who do you think would win? ![Alt text] Captain America vs. Batman Superman vs. Hulk Thor vs. Captain Marvel Wonder Woman vs. Storm Namor vs. Aquaman Flash vs. Quicksilver Spiderman vs. Superboy Robin vs. Jubilee Lobo vs. Wolverine Silver Surfer vs. Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)"
  1. Capt America

2. Superman

3. Capt Marvel

4. Wonder Woman

5. Namor

6. Flash

7. Superboy

8. Robin

9. Lobo

10. Silver Surfer

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40  Edited By Spectrum

Forever says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"Forever says:
Its a shame too Satyr. Marvel can't escape the fact that they write their characters to be less powerful than DC does theirs. You certainly can't counteract it by having Storm defeat Wonder Woman, Spider-Man defeat Superboy and Wolverine defeat Lobo. If you take an entire comic for each battle, then you can show the Marvel character in a better light, trying to use the environment to take out whoever he ends up fighting. At least you have more of a fight and it doesn't end up looking like a curbstomp because it's only a few panels."

dont start hating DC, boy. Read Ms Invisbales blog mmmkay

1 Batman

2 Superman

3 Thor

4 Wonder Woman

5 Aquaman

6 Flash

7 Superboy

8 Jubilee

9 Wolverine

10 Silver Surfer

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GambitO
  1. captain america

2. superman

3. captain marvel

4. wonder woman

5. namor

6. flash

7. spiderman

8. jubilee

9. wolverine

10. silver surfer

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GambitO
Case Closed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Case Closed

Yeah, this whole thing just never worked out right in retrospect. Some of these are very obviously wrong some not so much.

1. Captain America: I only say this because I like Captain America over Batman, but it would be a good legitimate fight.

2. Superman: Stronger, faster, heat vision. Not much debate here really.

3. Thor: I am not expert on either character...I just look them over and go with Thor

4. Wonder Woman: Duh

5. Aquaman: Yeah, know little about either one, gut feeling.

6. Flash: lol

7. Superboy: He would crush spiderman since he is so dominant over him in every conceivable way except for intelligence. But that does not matter since Spiderman is way too slow to fight a kryptonian.

8. Robin: I don't care for Jubilee at all. So I am biased on this battle.

9. Lobo: lol

10. Surfer: Too lazy to explain, others have done a good enough job.

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The Mighty Thor

1 captain america

2 hulk

3 thor

4 wonder woman

5 namor

6 flash

7 spiderman

8 not sure

9 lobo

10 silver surfer

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Forever

spiderman0409 says:

"1 captain america 2 hulk 3 thor 4 wonder woman 5 namor 6 flash 7 spiderman 8 not sure 9 lobo 10 silver surfer"

Spider-Man over Superboy?

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Boken

i remeber they tried crossovers before. bruce whayne was like a S.H.E.I.L.D. agent and somthin else was like that. i know i have some of tose comics somewere.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Forever says:

"spiderman0409 says:
"1 captain america 2 hulk 3 thor 4 wonder woman 5 namor 6 flash 7 spiderman 8 not sure 9 lobo 10 silver surfer"
Spider-Man over Superboy?"

if its in city and he uses his smarts yea in a normal arena no

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By -000
  1. Captain America

2. Superman

3. Thor

4. Wonder Woman

5. Namor

6. Flash

7. Spider-Man

8. Jubilee

9. Wolverine

10. Silver Surfer

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49  Edited By The_Ghostshell

spiderman0409 says:

"Forever says:
"spiderman0409 says:

if its in city and he uses his smarts yea in a normal arena no"

Your high.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Gambler says:

"spiderman0409 says:
"Forever says:
"spiderman0409 says:
if its in city and he uses his smarts yea in a normal arena no"
Your high."

no i think -000 agrees with me