Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By Matezoide2
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Matezoide said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

I feel you, I had the same reaction. 

damn,this and Son of Storm voting for Emma on the ``whos the best X-Men`` (maybe you remember that)  thread are...scary
Ha, yes, I remember.

great,if i have to choice an avatar,it haves to be something good  

Changing more frequently wouldn't do you harm, either. "
i know,i am just too lazy to change my avatar every week
i am planning on changing my avatar to match the protagonist of the best game i am playing right now,when i complete Bayonetta (the woman at my avatar and the game`s name) i shall change it

@Morpheus_ said:

" @Power NeXus said:

" @Matezoide said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
I feel you, I had the same reaction. 

damn,this and Son of Storm voting for Emma on the ``whos the best X-Men`` (maybe you remember that)  thread are...scary"
Perhaps this indicates that Porlos is one of the horsemen of the apocalypse? "
Porlos is Apocalypse himself. "

lol
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Matezoide said:
" i know,i am just too lazy to change my avatar every week
i am planning on changing my avatar to match the protagonist of the best game i am playing right now,when i complete Bayonetta (the woman at my avatar and the game`s name) i shall change it
Fair enough.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Matezoide2
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Matezoide said:
" i know,i am just too lazy to change my avatar every week
Fair enough. "
*thumbs up*
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By Knightly1

I dont think it's even fair to vote for either of you two;that's how close this debate is.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Matezoide2
@OblivionKnight said:
" I dont think it's even fair to vote for either of you two;that's how close this debate is. "
i am $ure Morpheu$_ will convice you otherwi$e
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#156  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Let the voting continue! Bump.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
More votes are needed.
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with Morph's team. Alyosha doesn't bring a whole to to the table (especially after seeing him fighting the Rothstein Henchman), although his win over Tombstone was very impressive (I'm leaving the Human Torch fight out of this). Ord was a great selection, but I think Morph's team has the experience, discipline, speed and skill needed to come away with the win (great thread BTW k4tzm4n, very original).
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"I'll go with Morph's team. Alyosha doesn't bring a whole to to the table (especially after seeing him fighting the Rothstein Henchman), although his win over Tombstone was very impressive (I'm leaving the Human Torch fight out of this). Ord was a great selection, but I think Morph's team has the experience, discipline, speed and skill needed to come away with the win (great thread BTW k4tzm4n, very original). "

...........?????????  When has Alyosha faced Tombstone????? 
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
"@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"I'll go with Morph's team. Alyosha doesn't bring a whole to to the table (especially after seeing him fighting the Rothstein Henchman), although his win over Tombstone was very impressive (I'm leaving the Human Torch fight out of this). Ord was a great selection, but I think Morph's team has the experience, discipline, speed and skill needed to come away with the win (great thread BTW k4tzm4n, very original). "
...........?????????  When has Alyosha faced Tombstone?????  "

Spider-Man's Tangled Web #13
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
"@k4tzm4n said:
Spider-Man's Tangled Web #13 "

BWAHHHH? How did I miss this?!?!?! Do you have scans???? Still, I'd say the feats I've provided are more impressive.  There's no way he should beat Tombstone, anyway.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
BWAHHHH? How did I miss this?!?!?! Do you have scans???? Still, I'd say the feats I've provided are more impressive.  There's no way he should beat Tombstone, anyway. "

Just checked on HTML comics...That wasn't a fight LOL.  Alyosha grabbed his junk and he left.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
BWAHHHH? How did I miss this?!?!?! Do you have scans???? Still, I'd say the feats I've provided are more impressive.  There's no way he should beat Tombstone, anyway. "
Just checked on HTML comics...That wasn't a fight LOL.  Alyosha grabbed his junk and he left. "

I personally would classify that as a win. Tombstone initiated the confrontation, but was careless and Alyosha had him begging for mercy seconds later. In fact, Tombstone started getting teary-eyed as Vulture urged Alyosha on.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
Just checked on HTML comics...That wasn't a fight LOL.  Alyosha grabbed his junk and he left. "
I personally would classify that as a win. Tombstone initiated the confrontation, but was careless and Alyosha had him begging for mercy seconds later. In fact, Tombstone started getting teary-eyed as Vulture urged Alyosha on. "
It was a confrontation, like you said.  It wasn't a fight.  Tombstone didn't attack him physically, only verbally.  Alyosha was then the one to use force.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
I personally would classify that as a win. Tombstone initiated the confrontation, but was careless and Alyosha had him begging for mercy seconds later. In fact, Tombstone started getting teary-eyed as Vulture urged Alyosha on. "
It was a confrontation, like you said.  It wasn't a fight.  Tombstone didn't attack him physically, only verbally.  Alyosha was then the one to use force. "

Tombstone grabbed his shirt and was getting ready to punch him prior to Alyosha's counter.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
It was a confrontation, like you said.  It wasn't a fight.  Tombstone didn't attack him physically, only verbally.  Alyosha was then the one to use force. "
Tombstone grabbed his shirt and was getting ready to punch him prior to Alyosha's counter. "

I still wouldn't classify that as a fight, by any means.  By saying Kraven beat Tombstone may give some the impression he actually beat him in regular combat...Which logically, should never happen.  That display in Tangled Web was horrible writing, IMO.  There is no reason to believe that...region...wouldn't be the same durability.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
Tombstone grabbed his shirt and was getting ready to punch him prior to Alyosha's counter. "

I still wouldn't classify that as a fight, by any means.  By saying Kraven beat Tombstone may give some the impression he actually beat him in regular combat...Which logically, should never happen.  That display in Tangled Web was horrible writing, IMO.  There is no reason to believe that...region...wouldn't be the same durability. "

Tombstone often gets a bad wrap from the writers, though. I mean the guys lost to the likes of Joe Robertson in the past.
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

this is a great battle, my flip goes to morpheus.  I think his team, besides the outnumbering factor which usualy doesn't mean much in comics, can overwhelm Ord and Alyosha in this situation..
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@k4tzm4n said:

I still wouldn't classify that as a fight, by any means.  By saying Kraven beat Tombstone may give some the impression he actually beat him in regular combat...Which logically, should never happen.  That display in Tangled Web was horrible writing, IMO.  There is no reason to believe that...region...wouldn't be the same durability. "
Tombstone often gets a bad wrap from the writers, though. I mean the guys lost to the likes of Joe Robertson in the past. "

He was a downgraded version back then, where Spider-Man didn't have as much difficulty hurting him.  As far as I can tell, Tangled Web was post-upgrade Tombstone....And still, Tombstone back then was durable enough to withstand such stupid writing, lol. 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Donovan Montgomery said:
"this is a great battle, my flip goes to morpheus.  I think his team, besides the outnumbering factor which usualy doesn't mean much in comics, can overwhelm Ord and Alyosha in this situation.. "

Personally, I don't think being outnumbered matters at all.  Daredevil and Spider-Man are basically non-factors against Ord.  Morph and I agreed this match essentially relies on Ord from my team, and Daken from his ;)
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By The_Scourge

k4tz gets my vote here. Very, very good job by both sides though. I would've cried myself to sleep if I was debating against either of you guys here.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#172  Edited By dane

I have to read through everything before I cast my vote. This debate deserves an informed opinion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
"I have to read through everything before I cast my vote. This debate deserves an informed opinion. "
Thank you, Dane.  Really appreciate it.

@Fresh Prince
said:
"k4tz gets my vote here. Very, very good job by both sides though. I would've cried myself to sleep if I was debating against either of you guys here. "

LOL.  Thank you.  I'm sure you would have done fine, just need to highlight what you believe to be the critical parts of your team. 

For example, this one basically comes down to Ord VS Daken's pheromones =P 

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" For example, this one basically comes down to Ord VS Daken's pheromones =P   "
LOL. Not quite, but it's fairly important.

@Dane said:
" I have to read through everything before I cast my vote. This debate deserves an informed opinion. "

Looking forward to it, Dane.

Good to see more votes have been casted, though. I wouldn't like the thread to slip to obscurity.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

LOL. Not quite, but it's fairly important.

I'd say those 2 are by far the biggest factors =P 

I believe right now it's 4 or 5 to 1.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

"
Daken's stealth is equally important to my book.

7-1.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:

"
Daken's stealth is equally important to my book.

7-1. "

I must have missed a lot of votes then, lol. 

But strip Daken of the pheromones and the tide shifts GREATLY in my teams favor.  Would you disagree?  If not, that's exactly why I view those elements as being the critical points of the debate.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

" I must have missed a lot of votes then, lol. 

Unless OblivionKnight changed his mind and decided to refrain from voting altogether, then I think the score is accurate.

But strip Daken of the pheromones and the tide shifts GREATLY in my teams favor.  Would you disagree?  If not, that's exactly why I view those elements as being the critical points of the debate. 

Never said they are anything other than critical. But I simply stated Daken's stealth is equally crucial for him to get into a range in order to apply the pheromones (and as an extension, materialise my strategy), in the first place. It may not be crucial in the sense that it enables my team to defeat Ord that way, but had it not been for this aspect of his, then the whole plan would collapse in itself (same thing would happen if Daredevil did not possess such acute senses). Small things and team effort make it happen.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Never said they are anything other than critical. But I simply stated Daken's stealth is equally crucial for him to get into a range in order to apply the pheromones (and as an extension, materialise my strategy), in the first place.  

Even without his stealth abilities, he could get close enough by proper distraction provided by his teammates.  My point is stealth ins't required for a victory, where-as the use of pheromones is, IMHO.  Because without it, I believe we can agree Ord would take the rather large majority.

may not be crucial in the sense that it enables my team to defeat Ord that way, but had it not been for this aspect of his, then the whole plan would collapse in itself (same thing would happen if Daredevil did not possess such acute senses). Small things and team effort make it happen.  

If this were the case all along, you would have simply had a different plan to begin with ;)

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

"Even without his stealth abilities, he could get close enough by proper distraction provided by his teammates.  My point is stealth ins't required for a victory, where-as the use of pheromones is, IMHO.  Because without it, I believe we can agree Ord would take the rather large majority."

I can see the logic in that. I already stated that aspect is not a way to bring down Ord (which is considered the greatest problem my team has to answer to), but I simply feel it is important as a part of the whole, and as a result, crucial for the plan. Not necessarily of the exact same importance, but crucial, nonetheless.

If this were the case all along, you would have simply had a different plan to begin with ;)

Yes, that too.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I already stated that aspect is not a way to bring down Ord (which is considered the greatest problem my team has to answer to) 

It's important, yes.  But then again so is the use of Daredevil, Spider-Man, mental link and various other aspects. I just find pheromones to be the critical factor in the debate for your side, and Ord's capabilities for mine.  Without pheromones, it's likely your team would fall far easier.  If my character just had impressive armor, but no skill, it's likely my team would fall VERY quicky, lol.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
"

I already stated that aspect is not a way to bring down Ord (which is considered the greatest problem my team has to answer to) 

It's important, yes.  But then again so is the use of Daredevil, Spider-Man, mental link and various other aspects. I just find pheromones to be the critical factor in the debate for your side, and Ord's capabilities for mine.  Without pheromones, it's likely your team would fall far easier.  If my character just had impressive armor, but no skill, it's likely my team would fall VERY quicky, lol.

"
Agreed.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Knightly1

My vote remains, as one of my earlier posts seemed to have caused problems 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@OblivionKnight said:
" My vote remains, as one of my earlier posts seemed to have caused problems  "
Thank you for clarifying.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

*takes back my 50 dollar bill*
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" *takes back my 50 dollar bill* "
I offered more.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
I offered more. "

He spent the other $1,000 I gave him =(
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
I offered more. "
He spent the other $1,000 I gave him =( "
I only pay in Euros.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
I offered more. "
He spent the other $1,000 I gave him =( "
I only pay in Euros. "

Perhaps that's why I lost his vote.  I paid in Monopoly money.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By dane

ahh Monopoly, that old chestnut. There is no bond of friendship nor brotherhood that it cannot shatter with it's fake money and plastic trees.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Dane said:
"ahh Monopoly, that old chestnut. There is no bond of friendship nor brotherhood that it cannot shatter with it's fake money and plastic trees. "

Far too true.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Knightly1
@Morpheus_ said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
Thank you for clarifying. "

No problem. You guys deserve it the wa you guys debated.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@OblivionKnight said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
No problem. You guys deserve it the wa you guys debated. "

Thx
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Knightly1
@k4tzm4n said:
"@OblivionKnight said:
"@Morpheus_ said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
No problem. You guys deserve it the wa you guys debated. "
Thx "

Of course. As I said, no problem.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
A few more votes would be welcome, before closing this.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Knightly1

bump
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By dane

ok, that was a very serious read but my vote goes to Morpheus, very close though and both teams had their advantages.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Dane said:
" ok, that was a very serious read but my vote goes to Morpheus, very close though and both teams had their advantages. "
You are a hero to read through all that.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By dane

It took a bit and it was very back and forth tbh. I wasn't sure until the end who I would vote for.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

Understandable. It was a tough debate.