#1 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Veles beat this god of Thunder?

#3 Posted by BigCimmerian (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea who this guy is, but Thor is strong enough to shatter countless planets as side effect of his battles.

#4 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2962 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#7 Posted by New_World_Order (12488 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: It doesn't matter because Thor nor Veles is allowed to destroy the planet in this fight.

#9 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4552 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor. He has been seen kicking Hell lords asses with ease before.

#10 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_titan_lord: Have these guys have the speed to dodge lightning and posses dark magic that could hurt Thor?

#11 Posted by BigCimmerian (7851 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by BigCimmerian (7851 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by New_World_Order (12488 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4552 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_titan_lord: Have these guys have the speed to dodge lightning and posses dark magic that could hurt Thor?

Don't know. I don't know much about Veles.

#15 Posted by New_World_Order (12488 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: It doesn't matter because Thor nor Veles is allowed to destroy the planet in this fight.

Well Veles can still feel the impact in his face, when Mjolnir meets it.

#16 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: I have two questions

1) How fast does Mojnir on average travel?

2) What is the destructive power of Mojnir?

For question 1, if the answer is typical light speed, then I have to tell that Veles been dodging lightning for over thousands of years in Slavic mythology.

For question 2, if Mojnir in one hit is typically mountain/continent busting capacity then I also have to tell you that Veles in one story of Perun vs Veles, Perun actually threw Veles into the ground which the impact was great enough to create the Caucause mountains, and Veles was said to have gotten back up after that.

#17 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

http://spheresoflight.com.au/index.php?page=veles

http://russianculture.wordpress.com/2010/10/23/slavic-mythology-perun-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%83%D0%BD/

#18 Posted by New_World_Order (12488 posts) - - Show Bio

For question 1, if the answer is typical light speed, then I have to tell that Veles been dodging lightning for over thousands of years in Slavic mythology.

For question 2, if Mojnir in one hit is typically mountain/continent busting capacity then I also have to tell you that Veles in one story of Perun vs Veles, Perun actually threw Veles into the ground which the impact was great enough to create the Caucause mountains, and Veles was said to have gotten back up after that.

Well on average I don't know exactly how fast Mjolnir flies, but I know it can go up to light speed(s). As for destructive power, Mjolnir has destroyed planetoid's a lot bigger than continents, and has been said to be a planet buster multiple times. Thor's equal Beta Ray Bill has destroyed multiple planets, so I would believe Thor can too. So that may be out of Veles durability range. Also light speed is a lot faster than lightning just so you know. Also just so you get a glimpse, here is the planetoid Thor destroyed.

#19 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: That's pretty impressive. So Veles's only option is to make good of his already established 3 days prep, and just spat dark magic on Thor in a hit and run technique while transforming into anonymous creatures.

Oh yeah, what are Thor's feats against character's who can transform into animals at will?

Just curious,

#20 Posted by New_World_Order (12488 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: That's pretty impressive. So Veles's only option is to make good of his already established 3 days prep, and just spat dark magic on Thor in a hit and run technique while transforming into anonymous creatures.

Oh yeah, what are Thor's feats against character's who can transform into animals at will?

Just curious,

Yes, although Thor is a little resistant to magic, thanks to his heritage. I also believe Mjolnir can dispel them. As for Thor fighting against shape shifters, he has fought Loki in the past who was turning into giant lizards, and dragons.

#21 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: That's pretty cool, this sounds like:

Perun - Veles

Thor - Loki

But, Veles is more of a fallen angel figure trying to rule heaven and not a step brother of a Thunder God.

Based on research, the Slavic Universe was seen as a giant tree separated into three realms known as the Triglav.

The heaven realm is known as Parv which is equal to Asgaurd.

The realm of the mortals is called Yav, but there is a belief that there were 8 parts of Yav since Perun guarded the mortals and some statue of him were surrounded with 8 little statues or rocks.

But, the Under World Navia/ Nav is the realm of Veles, kinda like Hades.

Veles main job is to break out of Navia and slowly make his way up Yav, and reach Parv. The thunderer Perun always stops him.

#22 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Any way, I might do a Veles vs Raiden (Mortal Kombat) thread since this seems that Veles may only just hurt Thor on most occasions. But it's hard to see a few wins from this, since Veles lacks planet busting feats.

#23 Posted by New_World_Order (12488 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by BigCimmerian (7851 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir speed is probably many times faster than light considering how fast Thor can travel, destructive power is much greater than mountain/continent considering how Thor was destroying planets as side effect of his battle against Gorr.