Warp Spider Exarch, Warp Talon

• Morals Off
  • Standard Gear
  • No Prep
  • Win by KO, Death or Incap

#2 Posted by laflux (15316 posts) - - Show Bio

War-hammer feats ?

#3 Posted by Vorzhilok_the_Traumatizer (280 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't warp spiders have a chance of getting raped by daemons if they try to teleport more than a set distance? That being said, warp spider weapons are nothing short of horrifying.

#4 Edited by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

War-hammer feats ?

Eldar Warp Spiders can teleport long distances nigh-instantaneously. While not as physically impressive as Space Marines they are much faster. You're average Eldar warrior is capable of fighting a Space Marine in close combat by using its superior speed and combat reflexes. Eldar have dodged gunfire at point blank range in the past.

1:18 is an example of how they teleport.

They are equipped with a deathspinner which fires out clouds of monofilment wire which clusters together to from an incredibly sharp flurry of stabbing blades. They are also equiped with a pair of power blades which as shown in the video is capable of slicing through Space Marine armor.

Warp Talons are Chaos Space Marines who have spent such a long time in the warp that they have been driven even more insane than they already were and have embraced the warp. They have Space Marine level stats 5ton strength, incredible durability, healing factor, bullet timer etc...

Although they are considered teleporters this isn't the exact case. What they do in fact is cut through a dimensions and hide there before tracking their opponents psyche before cutting back into the other dimension to ambush their targets. This should sum it up:

#5 Posted by Vorzhilok_the_Traumatizer (280 posts) - - Show Bio

As I said, Eldar weaponry is scary. It starts at monomolecular shurikens fired at the rate of thousands per second and goes up to firing portals to lovecraftian hell.

#6 Posted by laflux (15316 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: In that case I'd do with them. 616 Kurt has never done Dismemberment by teleportation even when angry. Blink is really good and underrated, but doesn't have the physicality to cope with the War-hammer mooks. Good battle though. Kurt's father uses a sword from what I can recall, but since War-Hammer troops tend to have high durability and healing anyways, its effect would be limited.

Edit- it seems you like using that battleground, not that it matters lol.

#7 Posted by Vorzhilok_the_Traumatizer (280 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux :

Not to mention, Warp spider weapons are designed to butcher unarmoured troops. Guess what the Marvel team just so happens to be? When a warp spider is done with a target, the effect is generally likened to that of putting meat in an industrial grade blender. Except much faster.

#8 Posted by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Wouldn't a morals off Kurt be prepared to do that though?

#9 Posted by Vorzhilok_the_Traumatizer (280 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92:

Before he gets turned into slurry by a weapon he's never encountered anything even remotely similar to? Probably not.

#10 Edited by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vorzhilok_the_Traumatizer said:

@laflux :

Not to mention, Warp spider weapons are designed to butcher unarmoured troops. Guess what the Marvel team just so happens to be? When a warp spider is done with a target, the effect is generally likened to that of putting meat in an industrial grade blender. Except much faster.

I don't disagree with how powerful deathspinners are. They are pretty scary. However most people get butchered by them because they can't escape the field of attack. All the Marvel team are teleporters an advantage the others didn't have. They should be able to avoid the shots.

#11 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: He does have he ability, as shown mostly against inanimate objects a few times over the years. So morals off, he probably would be willing to. Or you could just use AoA Nightcrawler, since he does that all the time.

#12 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3271 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 :

Given that they have no idea what they even do, at least one member of the marvel team is going to die in the first shots. And the rest of their team will be pretty horrified to see their team mate fine one second, and a bunch of meat cubes far smaller than an individual cell the next.

#13 Edited by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: I considered doing that but I thought as it was going to be morals off anyway (for Blinks sake) i'd just use good old classic Kurt.

#14 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3271 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, can warp spiders bring others with them? If so, can the Eldar start dropping people off in horrifying Slaaneshi induced Tentacle rape land?

#15 Posted by laflux (15316 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@laflux: Wouldn't a morals off Kurt be prepared to do that though?

I remember when him, Colossus and Wolverine were captured by some mooks with sentinels- (This was just before Colossus became Juggernaut). They also captured Omega Red (I know its asking for trouble lol). Basically long story short they both escape, Omega Red solo's both Ptior and Logan without too much trouble and is about to kill both of them. You would expect Kurt to be morals off that situation and go for decap, but instead he teleport's Omega Red couple of miles up and then drops him to the ground to K.O. Its a situation where going for the Decap was logical, Omega's back was turned, and it was a life-death situation, but he didn't. AoA Nightcrawler on the other hand................

#16 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Esquire: I considered doing that but I thought as it was going to be morals off anyway (for Blinks sake) i'd just use go old classic Kurt.

Seems reasonable. And 616 has demonstrated the ability a few times, so you're golden.

#17 Posted by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

Also, can warp spiders bring others with them? If so, can the Eldar start dropping people off in horrifying Slaaneshi induced Tentacle rape land?

Lol no! We won't have any of the Slaanesh crap here!

@laflux: Hmmm maybe i'll change it to AoA Nightcrawler then.

#18 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3271 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan: God don't remind me......The Sisters Of Battle are 40k's biggest jobbers. All that seems to happen to them is they get killed in the most brutal and disturbing ways possible. There was a recent short story in one of the Codex where a Chaos Space Marine ate one of them alive mid-battle. I mean c'mon give them a break they need some good press not to be cannibalized by psychopaths mid-battle lol. Lets just blame Matt Ward!

#20 Edited by Lord_Johnathan (3271 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 :

Well...at least the Slaaneshis do something before eating them. Which is actually much worse than just killing them. But at least Abaddon will never have arms.

#21 Posted by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan: The Emperor's Children are by far the most messed up characters in 40k. When even the Dark Eldar are scared of being taken captive by you then you know you've reached new levels of sick.

Someone should lock a Slaaneshi and the Joker in one room and see who makes the other crack first lol.

#22 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3271 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92:

Let us lighten this subject up by discussing how much of a failure Failbaddon the Armless is. Having the legions of lovecraftian hell behind you all the way, and trying and failing to bring down a decaying, stagnant empire thirteen times.

#23 Posted by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan: Meuh he just ain't that good at motivating I guess. Give Kharn control of the armies is what I say! He'll motivate them lol!

#24 Posted by Sherlock (7255 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta say Blink is being severely underrated in this instance.If that's how fast the war hammer guys move (Going by the vid) then she would eat them alive.They are obviously not fast enough to blitze her and get her before she can react to them which is one of the few ways you can beat her without morals.She is also not limited to dismemberment by porting close to them then away with a body part.As soon as I'm not on my phone il provide scans.By and large though severe underrating

#25 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vorzhilok_the_Traumatizer said:

Don't warp spiders have a chance of getting raped by daemons if they try to teleport more than a set distance? That being said, warp spider weapons are nothing short of horrifying.

One of the many hazards of the Job.

@Strider92: Are Warp Talons in the new Chaos Marine Codex? I assume they are as I never heard of them. I really need to get that.

Anyway Warp Spiders are good but have the Hazard of getting lost in the Warp. I dont think the Warp Talons pick up the slack vs someone like Blink.

Marvel Wins!

#26 Posted by Sherlock (7255 posts) - - Show Bio
@CadenceV2: Im not sure where you got your Blink info from since i havnt gone crazy on you to my knowledge but that earns you a follow. 

Anyway

As i said she doesnt need to do it in the same way as Kurt or his Daddy.She put on bolt at her feet and everyone in the room dies.Simple as that. 
Also some may want to talk about Dodging but make note that the dude in the scan,King Hyperion has Superman Level Stats and that includes speed.If he can't then the 40k guys can't
#27 Posted by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Yeah Warp Talons are new 6th Ed characters. They're basically Raptors on crack with the ability to teleport around.

#28 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock said:

@CadenceV2: Im not sure where you got your Blink info from since i havnt gone crazy on you to my knowledge but that earns you a follow.

Anyway
As i said she doesnt need to do it in the same way as Kurt or his Daddy.She put on bolt at her feet and everyone in the room dies.Simple as that. Also some may want to talk about Dodging but make note that the dude in the scan,King Hyperion has Superman Level Stats and that includes speed.If he can't then the 40k guys can't

I know you know Blink and seen her feats. Its hard to compare Superman to beings who can change time, reality, and Space ;) that is the power of the Warp.

I pit any Daemon Prince or Greater Deamon or alpha Psyker >>>>> King Hyperion.

Anyway because the Warp Talons are NOT Deamons and only Space Marines she can beat them.

#29 Posted by Strider92 (16253 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock said:

Gotta say Blink is being severely underrated in this instance.If that's how fast the war hammer guys move (Going by the vid) then she would eat them alive.They are obviously not fast enough to blitze her and get her before she can react to them which is one of the few ways you can beat her without morals.She is also not limited to dismemberment by porting close to them then away with a body part.As soon as I'm not on my phone il provide scans.By and large though severe underrating

You need to put this into context. Space Marine's are capable of swatting bullets from the air with their hands and cutting multiple bullets from the air with sword swings and Eldar move routinely faster than Space Marine's can track them. So while in that video it doesn't look fast it puts it in perspective when Space Marines can follow bullets with their eyes and react fast enough to swat them from the air at nigh-point blank range. The speed in which that battle takes place is very fast.