• 62 results
OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OkRaider88

These are the CURRENT VERSIONS ONLY. I've seen threads in the last few months that still tried to do Justice League with Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, and Shazam... Sorry folks. That is no longer the Justice League. This thread is for the teams that Marvel and DC are touting as the JL and the Avengers TODAY. In case you don't know, here are the rosters:

Justice League

• Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash
  • Cyborg
  • Aquaman
  • Firestorm
  • Element Woman
  • The Atom

The Avengers

• Captain America
  • Thor
  • Hulk (Bruce Banner)
  • Iron Man
  • Hawkeye
  • Black Widow
  • Spider-Man
  • Spider-Woman
  • Wolverine
  • Captain Marvel (former Ms. Marvel)
  • Falcon
  • Shang-Chi
  • Hyperion (Marcus Milton)
  • Captain Universe
  • Smasher
  • Sunspot
  • Cannonball
  • Manifold

I know the list looks lopsided, but I honestly don't see Shang-Chi, Falcon, Hawkeye, or Black Widow (and probably Spider-Woman, Cannonball, and Sunspot) doing anything here except killing Batman and then getting killed by someone else (and possibly not in that order).

No Morals, or BFR, or undefined "prep" wins (looking at the Bat Cult and Stark Fans). Who wins this fight of the current Flagship teams?

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Interesting... If the Avengers were ever going to win convincingly over the JL, now would be the time. What with New 52 Flash not demonstrating any FTL speed feats and Wonder Woman not having any good feats either. The Atom and Superman will be trouble though.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Already been done, and I say here what I say there, get rid of Doctor Manhattan, Captain Universe, and we'll talk.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Atom and Firestorm are part of the current Justice League now?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondave

Already been done, and I say here what I say there, get rid of Doctor Manhattan, Captain Universe, and we'll talk.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docnick said:

The Atom and Firestorm are part of the current Justice League now?

They become members after the Thrones of Atlantis arc

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: No dude, you can't get rid of anyone, or add Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern. This thread is New 52 JL vs. Marvel Now Avengers. It is what it is.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@dogsoldier88: Then it IS a mismatch. We have Captain Universe who at her best is nearly omnipotent and at her worse, featless, she doesn't belong in battles until we can see what more she can do, if she has weakness, the extent of her powers etc.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

The OTHER Battle was much more interesting btw

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What has Captain Universe done again?

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OkRaider88

Ummm... New 52 Superman has been bench-marked at 5 sextillion ton strength - canon - and you think it's a mismatch because of Captain Universe? Granted, his durability is not Golden Age, but man, what do you want? He and Flash can solo most everyone on the Avengers, but Captain Universe makes it a mismatch. Then I guess it's Avengers.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

isn't Captain Universe an older character than Doctor Manhattan? Like 10 years older?

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogsoldier88: New 52 Flash has not exceeded light speed or even reached it... Yet.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

isn't Captain Universe an older character than Doctor Manhattan? Like 10 years older?

I know, I was simply making a comparision as people probably know of Manhattan more than Cap. Universe.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Needlebay

Why is the JLA outnumbered? They have splintered teams to draw upon as well.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Avengers ftw. Cue the slew of unbalanced JLA vs Avengers threads to get back for the DC fanboys.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers win. They have more muscle and more people.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dredeuced

@godtriggerhulk said:

Interesting... If the Avengers were ever going to win convincingly over the JL, now would be the time. What with New 52 Flash not demonstrating any FTL speed feats and Wonder Woman not having any good feats either. The Atom and Superman will be trouble though.

@godtriggerhulk said:

@dogsoldier88: New 52 Flash has not exceeded light speed or even reached it... Yet.

You'll have a hard time explaining how he was able to completely contain lightspeed EMP waves and time travel, then. His brain itself technically moves above lightspeed since he has unconscious femtosecond reaction time (which necessarily means his nervous system operates at FTL speeds).

Also Wonder Woman's probably more powerful now than in pre-52, just doesn't have some of the PIS-y feats. She seems equivalent in stats to Supes but has the ace up her metaphorical sleeve of taking off her bracers for a powerup, now.

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GodTriggerHulk

@dredeuced: EMP waves are not necessarily light speed, it's electromagnetism not light. Flash does have an FTL nervous system, which makes sense, after all I seriously doubt you can run as quickly as your neurons can fire.

Having a power up doesn't mean very much if your feats stink. What are New 52 Wonder Woman's best feats? From what I've seen it's strength-wise breaking a GL construct and speed-wise deflecting bullets.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lilben42

Saving Zola while battling a beast.

Handling five zombies easily.

I'm sure you've seen this one.

No Caption Provided

Agility.

She doesn't really have any definitive strength or speed feat except these.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pokergeist

Captain Universe is far from featless. There been Captain Universe Bruce Banner, Spider Man, and others. all have the same power and show the feats of that said power capability.

That said avengers win for once. Yay Marvel fans.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

52 Supes can beat most of these guys on his own. He has moved faster than a teleport from Pluto to Earth. Has punched so hard it shook the Earth and the Watch tower (Which is in orbit). Moved the planet for 5 days without recharging. and the OP says no morales so JL win due to Superman. As he owns more than half the team before they can react.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Universe solos.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@omega_man_: That travel speed.Hyperion have stop two planets from hitting each other.He also take on a universe being destroy.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers easily wins.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@homicidalmaniac:

Really? I'll show you the feats of Superman if you show me the feats of Hyperion. Plus what's stopping Firestorm turning Hyperion or Captain Universe into a rock?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_man_: That travel speed.Hyperion have stop two planets from hitting each other.He also take on a universe being destroy.

And he also failed to beat the Hulk

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't belive I'm saying it, but Avengers.

Current thor is pretty beast, he should current superman out from what've seen of him (ugh). And Captain universe seemed even stronger. Iirc, hyperion held off two big spheres, I don't recall if they were universes or planets lol, but they should be able to do this.

@dondave said:

@homicidalmaniac said:

And he also failed to beat the Hulk

Wow, if hulk has become that strong, he should easily solo lol

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Carter_esque

Been done, Avengers stomp

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

52 Supes can beat most of these guys on his own. He has moved faster than a teleport from Pluto to Earth. Has punched so hard it shook the Earth and the Watch tower (Which is in orbit). Moved the planet for 5 days without recharging. and the OP says no morales so JL win due to Superman. As he owns more than half the team before they can react.

Really?

Hyperion:

This is the one I was talking about.

No Caption Provided

Holding two planets apart, surviving the energy of two universes collapsing.

Thor:

A few feats from Thor: tgt

hitting hard enough to form wormholes
hitting hard enough to form wormholes
fighting in the sun
fighting in the sun
Easily destroying chunks of moon
Easily destroying chunks of moon
Hitting and taking out a.. whatever it is.
Hitting and taking out a.. whatever it is.

A lot more, these are all I remember.

Captain universe:

Durability and offense:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pretty strong, huh?

I like the new 52 version of superman more than any of these, love the new version. but I think you're overestimating him. This is actually the first time I'm giving a win against JL.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jashro44

Hickman confirmed that there is more to Hyperion surviving. Additionally during an incursion space time is very messed up so who knows what that does to the feat. Also he wasn't physically touching the planets so it doesn't seem like he used strength.

Veravin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AVENGERS WIN. DC heroes have more of short range combat. AVENGERS HAVE BOTH

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@veravin said:

AVENGERS WIN. DC heroes have more of short range combat. AVENGERS HAVE BOTH

No Caption Provided

Sorry, I really couldn't resist, even if it's not in context lol..

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@jashro44 said:

Hickman confirmed that there is more to Hyperion surviving. Additionally during an incursion space time is very messed up so who knows what that does to the feat. Also he wasn't physically touching the planets so it doesn't seem like he used strength.

Well, actually from what I can see. Hickman actually says that Hyperion just tanked it. Nothing else to it.

Courtesy to Killemall for giving me these screenshots.

Here are some, i need to check up on Brevroot thread to find some comments from Brevroot confirming it as well.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Remad91 is Killemall, and MattformItaly is account of another comicvine/ KMC debator called I_Am_Warlock and well CitizenBane is Bane.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@omega_man_: Can't on my phone.What stopping Captain Universe from what she did to that Planet Buster.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Hulk became more stronger in recent comics

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: First poster asked Hickman if Hyperion survived it, surviving and tanking are 2 different things. Technically superman has survived the destruction of krypton as a baby but he tanked nothing. Hickman is taking advantage of wording on the first post to be vague.

Next one Hickman seems to be joking.

Last one I think HIckmans "there you go" is in response to having the strongest avengers roster.

Here the person asks Hickman if Hyperion really was hit by 2 universes and Hickman confirms he is missing something. There is more to the feat then what is shown.

http://spring.me/JonathanHickman/q/423735048718548767

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf: First poster asked Hickman if Hyperion survived it, surviving and tanking are 2 different things. Technically superman has survived the destruction of krypton as a baby but he tanked nothing. Hickman is taking advantage of wording on the first post to be vague.

Next one Hickman seems to be joking.

Last one I think HIckmans "there you go" is in response to having the strongest avengers roster.

Here the person asks Hickman if Hyperion really was hit by 2 universes and Hickman confirms he is missing something. There is more to the feat then what is shown.

Honestly if you want to argue semantics. I could equally say that in the link you posted, Hickman could have said yes in a humorous or sarcastic manner.

I was just posting info that others have given me.

I mean I can't tell what Hickman's state of mind was when he responded, or whether he was 'joking' when he said some stuff.

Whether or not you believe it is up to you.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Not really sure how simple answer of yes compares to Hickman saying "those big boy pants". All I'm saying is Hickman has confirmed there is more to the feat.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf: Not really sure how simple answer of yes compares to Hickman saying "those big boy pants". All I'm saying is Hickman has confirmed there is more to the feat.

All I'm trying to say is that you are inferring a little too much from his simple answer of yes. Given that Hickman never expanded on his answers, both of our statements can be right, depending on how you look at it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru said:
@jashro44 said:

Why would you interpret it like that?

That guy posted his theory on it and asked if he is missing something out of doubt.

Hickman more likely confirmed his theory with a "Yes" instead of Yesing that he is missing something.

No normal person on this planet would only concentrate on the last part of a question, when it comes to something like that:

"The movie was really bad. It was so bad that I nearly fell asleep! It might even be one of the most terrible movies in existence, aint that right?"

"Yes."

He didn't post a theory. He summed up what happened in the story. And then he asked if he was missing any information. Hickman said yes. Hickman would have no reason to respond to the facts we all ready knew. Why would you assume HIckman ignores the actual question in his answer?

@jashro44 said:

All I'm trying to say is that you are inferring a little too much from his simple answer of yes. Given that Hickman never expanded on his answers, both of our statements can be right, depending on how you look at it.

I don't see how. Hickman said yes when the guy asked if he was missing anymore information. There is only one way to interpret it.

I am not just basing this on what Hickman said but I am basing it on all of hyperions other showings as well. He was hurt by hulk, high evolutionary, and etc. Hyperions other showings lead me to believe Hickman was serious when he said yes. Based on both the statement and Hyperions showings it is extremely unlikely he tanked a double universe explosion.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe New 52 JL and JS would be more fair so they get GL and MMH... but for now, Captain Universe is stronger than all of the JL combined as of feats now.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dondave

@dondave: Hulk became more stronger in recent comics

Not really he's at the same power level he's been in the last few years

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@dondave: Did Hulk have super speed feats and get hit by a weapon that change molecules few years ago.But Avengers have Captain Universe and she is the best player in their team.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Did Hulk have super speed feats and get hit by a weapon that change molecules few years ago.But Avengers have Captain Universe and she is the best player in their team.

Super-speed isn't what prevented Hyperion from beating Hulk and he's always been quite resistant to Molecule Manipulation. Although being resistant from MM wasn't the factor that stopped Hyperion beating him, Daken was resistant to Molecule Man's Molecular Manipulation but I wouldn't suggest Hyperion couldn't beat him.