Marvel Martial Artist Battle Royale (H2H Only)

• 62 results
xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xtreme1
  • No prep, no weapons, no armor or gear of any kind.
  • Standard levels except where otherwise stated. Nobody is depowered or amped.
  • Win by kill, KO, or incapacitation and everyone is willing to kill.
  • No alliances or working together.
  • Fight takes place in an empty warehouse.

Rank the contestants first to last on their chances of winning this fight, and give reasons why.

1. Black Panther (Pre-KOTD with powers of the Heart Shaped Herb)
  2. Captain America
  3. Daredevil
  4. Iron Fist (He can't use his powers offensively. No charging his fists/feet or energy projection, etc. He is allowed to use chi to amp himself such as boosting physical stats, enhanced senses, increased healing, etc.)
  5. Shang-Chi
  6. Taskmaster
Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I agree with this:

@leo-343 said:
  1. Iron Fist
  2. Shang Chi
  3. BP
  4. Non jobbing Taskmaster
  5. Cap
  6. Daredevil

Also, where is Wolverine?

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xtreme1

@captain_batman_ftw said:

IMO his healing factor and unbreakable adamantium bones gives him too much of an advantage in this group because everyone is unarmed and without armor or gear. Plus even without his claws, getting punched by Wolverine is still getting hit by a fistful of metal. So again I didn't want anyone with that kind of advantage.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shang Chi

Iron Fist

Captain America

Black Panther

Taskmaster

Daredevil

Shang Chi and Iron Fist are true masters in this scenario, and it would honestly come down to them, and Shang Chi was stated indirectly by Iron Fist to be the greatest Martial Artist he'd ever met.

Then, Cap, without his shield would have to play defensive in both scenarios, as would Black Panther, but Cap has proven a couple times to be better than Black Panther. Taskmaster wouldn't be able to predict Black Panther's stealth, nor do I think he's studied his moves, and Daredevil's radar sense doesn't trump someone predicting his moves.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xtreme1

@conner_wolf said:

Shang Chi and Iron Fist are true masters in this scenario, and it would honestly come down to them, and Shang Chi was stated indirectly by Iron Fist to be the greatest Martial Artist he'd ever met.

Then, Cap, without his shield would have to play defensive in both scenarios, as would Black Panther, but Cap has proven a couple times to be better than Black Panther. Taskmaster wouldn't be able to predict Black Panther's stealth, nor do I think he's studied his moves, and Daredevil's radar sense doesn't trump someone predicting his moves.

I'm not sure what you mean by "both scenarios". There's only one scenario in this fight.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xtreme1: I meant whether he went up against Shang Chi or Iron Fist.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: How is Cap above Black Panther in H2H? I really, really, really doubt that he's better in H2H than T'Challa.

@jashro44 I know you're busy and all, but just one quick question: Do you think that Cap is a better H2H combatant than Black Panther? I highly doubt this, but what do you think?

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: Because both times they fought, Cap won, this was with BP wearing his suit.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xtreme1: Then you should equalize stats and also remove anything that gives them an advantege. Say that they have human skeleton, peak human strenght, peak human speed, etc. Then it would be a complete H2H match which will show who is more complete and a better H2H fighter.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: Can you show me them? I really doubt Cap will legitimately win against T'Challa. I highly doubt that it will happen.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xtreme1: Then you should equalize stats and also remove anything that gives them an advantege. Say that they have human skeleton, peak human strenght, peak human speed, etc. Then it would be a complete H2H match which will show who is more complete and a better H2H fighter.

I still wanted physical stats and powers (radar sense, chi, ability to copy moves, etc.) to play a role, but IMO Wolverine's healing and unbreakable bones would be too much of an advantage compared to the rest of this group. I had a power range in mind that I wanted all of the combatants to fall into.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

1-Iron Fist

2-Shang Chi

3-Black Panther

4-Daredevil

5-Captain America

6-Wolverine

7-Taskmaster

8-Bullseye

9-Elektra

10-Kitty Pryde

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xtreme1: Sure. I just recommended something.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xtreme1

@kokemabb200: I'm glad to see you've answered in this thread, but you've got combatants that aren't part of this fight in the OP.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: Yeah, no problem.

There was one more where Black Panther was indeed victorious, but overall? I've always seen the two portrayed as equals in hand to hand, but Black Panther won because his suit offers him such a defensive advantage, whereas Cap has to play defensive with that shield, without either weapons, they are close, very close, but I give the edge to Cap, if anything, because of his physical enhancements. I didn't mean to say that Cap trumps BP period, either could easily win the fight, but Cap's physical stats, the fact he's mastered Martial Arts BP hasn't, and shown enough prowess to develop his own Martial Arts, just slightly edges him past BP.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: The first one is a stalemate. Are you serious with the second one...? You should rather read the comic instead of going to a respect thread. The two last scans you've posted are from the Ultimates Universe, and that's Ultimate Cap who defeated Ultimate Black Panther.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: Two of those scans were from the Ultimate Universe.

Captain America has stated Black Panther his equal in every way I believe, and this is the same Cap who thinks he's the best fighter on the planet.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with the agreeing of this:

I agree with this:

@leo-343 said:
  1. Iron Fist
  2. Shang Chi
  3. BP
  5. Cap
  6. Daredevil

Panther has pointed out that Logan's style of fighting doesn't revolve much around skill.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: BP literally says "Enjoy your victory" at the end, and they were both distracted during the fight.

I can't help when people give out false information and I can't afford every comic, I assumed it was from something I missed. I didn't get it from a respect thread either, it was used by someone else in a fight with 616 Cap, and nobody questioned the validity of it.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: That was in Unkillable when Wolverine's mojo was out of its track. He has defeated Shang-Chi (Shang refered to him as ''master''), Iron Fist (in a sparring match) and Captain America, and these feats were done when he was on the right track.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200:

That isn't your top ten? what about peeps like ogun(teacher of pryde and the wolvester)??,daken,mantis(she is number one btw, but I never include her either) and is it skill related or who would win in a fight? because cap isn't top 10 in skill(skill only, not that he can't win against peeps in h2h).. Lester isn't close to the top 10.. I mean davos, orsan randal and peeps like that I would put above him..And pryde? altho she is dang awesome, she isn't top 10 material,, altho she could beat the heck out peeps if she would fight like ogun did in her body during death of wolverine... anyways I was just curious about your list...

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: Yeah, someone pointed that out, they were on a Battle Forum with 616 Cap and I didn't see anyone question it, so I figured they were legit, my mistake.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: That was in Unkillable when Wolverine's mojo was out of its track. He has defeated Shang-Chi (Shang refered to him as ''master''), Iron Fist (in a sparring match) and Captain America, and these feats were done when he was on the right track.

Eh, fair enough.

I recall him beating Danny and Cap, just not Shang-Chi.

@frisky4: Yeah, someone pointed that out, they were on a Battle Forum with 616 Cap and I didn't see anyone question it, so I figured they were legit, my mistake.

S'all good.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:
  1. Iron Fist
  2. Shang Chi
  3. BP
  5. Cap
  6. Daredevil

Pretty much this.

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Temudjin

1. Iron Fist

2. Black Panther (A very close second)

3. Captain America / Shang-Chi / Daredevil (Pretty sure they're all close in skill and have stalemated one another at some point)

4. Taskmaster

Honestly, I'd throw Wolverine up around Black Panther's level when it comes to skill. In between writers wanking and jobbing him, there have been some decent depictions of Logan as a martial artist.

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: Ok. I understand, but instead of using scans when you're unsure of it having context or not, you should rather ask some experts.

T'Challa saying enjoy your victory means very little when Black Panther's feats outperforms that of Cap's. He has shown multiple times that he is faster than Wolverine. Someone who has defeated Cap multiple times, and one of them was an easy win for Wolverine against Cap. Panther was fighting underwater against Iron Fist and they were moving faster than what the human eye can perceive. That puts Panther above Cap, so Cap winning against Panther who wasn't even trying that much doesn't hold much vality.

@static_shock You're an expert when it comes to BP, can you give your opinion on this?

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geno: Are you ranking skill level or who would win in this fight?

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw:

Yet Cap's feats regularly show him manhandling enemies that we haven't seen T'Challa go up against, and outspeeding bullets quite easily, I don't think Wolverine's attacks are moving at those levels of speed.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By reaverlation

Danny

T'Challa

Tony

Matt

Steve

Shang

And Logan without a doubt belongs here who'd I place between Danny and T'Challa.It's easy to put Logan in this battle.Just no adamantium or healing factor but have Logan take some refreshers for his skill

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:
  1. Iron Fist
  2. Shang Chi
  3. BP
  5. Cap
  6. Daredevil

This.

Danny's Chi amping is a huge boost.

Shang Chi is about as trained than Danny with Black Panther at about an equal standing.

Taskmaster is about level with Cap and Daredevil slightly below them.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: It was far from a stomp, Steve was clearly trumping him in fighting ability, Wolverine just has a better healing factor, Adamantium Skeleton, and Adamantium Claws. With those advantages, it seemed to be dead-even.

As for Wolverine's fight against Iron Fist, that was practice, and Danny did pretty well as he was punching and taking punches from Adamantium..

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Iron Fist

2. BP

3. Shang-Chi

4. Daredevil

5. Cap

6. Taskmaster

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: What? Are you sure we're talking about the same instance? Im talking about the one where Wolverine stomped Cap and Giant-Man had to kick him out of the plane.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: Both combatants were injured and clearly equalling one another in that instance, yes. Should the fight have continued, either could have come out on top. Yes, Giant-Man stepped in and kicked Wolverine out of the plane, but that doesn't mean Cap was automatically losing, it means "Get off my plane" because Cap didn't have any clear advantage either, and they just wanted Wolverine out, it wasn't a grudge match or anything. If Colossus was there, he'd have kicked Cap out of the plane.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Kokemabb200

@newecho: I forgot about Stick, Orson Randal and Gordon too. I rushed to make the list and made a couple dumb choices just off the top of my head. I didn't include Ogun because Wolverine has beaten him before and I thought Kitty gained all of his skill when he possessed her, so it'd be redundant. Lester routinely handles Elektra, and although he cheats a bit he's capable of holding his own against Daredevil in h2h. That should put him definitely in top 20, maybe top 15,but you're right he isn't top 10.

I thought it was who would win in H2H not skill, that's why I had Cap on the list and Bullseye and his adamantium bones being that high. I remembered Mantis being high tier too! But the OR said only Earth-bound and I thought she was still on Knowhere? Also I want to say Davos doesn't count since he's from K'un-Lun and if we counted him too, we'd have to include the Thunderer as well as all of the

7 Immortal Weapons and the Monkey King.

I was also having a hard time placing Karnak since I'm not sure how he stacks up, here's my revised list. Let me know what's off.

1-Iron Fist

2-Shang Chi

3-Black Panther

4-Daredevil

5-Gordon

6-Karnak

7-Stick

8-Wolverine

9-Elektra

10-Kitty Pryde (Ogun)

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200: I'm glad to see you've answered in this thread, but you've got combatants that aren't part of this fight in the OP.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200:

1-Iron Fist- him and shang could be interchangeable but Danny is ahead of him on my list too because he has feats and its not just implied

2-Shang Chi - people are saying he is getting feats now and will probably be ahead of danny soon, but I haven't got that far yet : ),,, but he is awesome

3-Black Panther- really self explanatory... tchalla is a beast...

4-Daredevil- his radar and quickness gives him a huge advantage and easily one of my favorite characters,, I have him at number three on my list(that's how respected I have him)

5-Gordon- You mean the gorgon? as in the dude with insane speed and that stare... His speed and other powers kind of put him on a different level but the enemy of the state was awesome

6-Karnak - has a terrible record vs top fighters in marvel, his stats are there but he isn't in my top 20

7-Stick - he doesn't have any feats to be in the top ten in my opinion ...

8-Wolverine - wolverine in most peoples list will be higher,,, I personally have him at 4 if we don't include gamora and mantis

9-Captain America- heart and strategist,, he will always find a way...

10-Kitty Pryce (Ogun)-- What she/he did to deathstrike was the shizz...

Do you consider mantis non street level? because she is far and away number 1, she has one shotted thor before she got her other stats and her powers and her skill is unmatched by anyone in comicdom...To be fair about the bullseye thing,, Elektra has wrecked him a few times while she usually loses to him with plot ie he can't beat her in my opinion if you put the two in a mma cage. Do you read a lot of street leveler? Marvel only? or do you do a little of all? btw nothing wrong with your list,, its yours... i will show you mine in a bit... mine is a little different as i never include mantis or daken or gamora...

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xtreme1: sorry for the tangent, according to the rules of the OP then

1-Iron Fist

2-Black Panther

3-Shang Chi

4-Daredevil

5-Taskmaster

6-Captain America

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200: Would Kitty Pryde be a better martial artist than Elektra?

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta give Dany first place. I know that much.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: thanks for the input, I felt iffy about placing Karnak from the get go. He doesn't have the best feats to warrant being top 10 (ie. Getting one-shotted by Black Panther) but he definitely has the potential to be written like one. Stick has no real feats but he trained both Matt Murdock and Electra. I think that should warrant him being higher up since he trained them better than Ogun, but I can understand the scepticism.

I agree with everything you said about Mantis, she's definitely in a league of her own.

I read everything, I grew up with Marvel since I was a kid so I'm a little more invested in their universe than DC. I try to read most books, but I definitely enjoy Street-level characters more (favourites are Iron Fist and Daredevil)

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kokemabb200: I liked your list btw, not enough people give Clint credit. I personally wouldn't rank Kitty above Elektra, Ogun seemed to be far more skilled with swords than anyone on the list, but even though he's incredible h2h I don't know if he's at Elektra' level. But I could be wrong, I'd have to re-read some of his older stuff.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shang Chi get a recent high showing? Because a while back Nightwing was debated on the same level as him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers