• 113 results
#1 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvels Biblical God and Heaven vs Marvel Odin and Asgard.

Who is Marvel Biblical God? Feats and Heaven Forces Below.

We know a Jesus Type Character easily forced Mephisto to leave Blaze Alone for a short time.

Its never stated to be Jesus, God, or a Angel. The effect of this Clear Holy character is proven to beat back a winning Mephisto with presence alone.

Well we know some of his feats in creation.

Biblical God in Son of Satan was shown to created Earth. According to this Alantean Chick of well known power, the Earth God created is what holds the Universe intact.

Howard the Duck met God himself, who explained he help create the Marvel Universe as a job for a higher power. This means he did create Earth and the Heavens. Means he was around before the Elder Gods and Odin himself!

We know Lucifer here is way below Gods power and casted out.

We know God Throne gave Zadkiel the power over Creation in time.

This is all Biblical God place and achievements. We know Jews, Muslims, Christians, and even Buddhist worship him.

We know the Ghost Riders who are all Hell Lord Level were created by God.

We know God created a whole Mini Universe for his Ghost Rider Spirits and the Damn. He created Heaven. He (as the scan from Son of Satan) created Earth and the Cosmic Balance worth of it. Makes sense to me why Earth is so unique now.

God Created the Black Host that nearly equals a Ghost Riders.

This is a Fallen Angel that was proven in a straight fight more than Blaze could Handle. He was the Seraphim that guarded the Gates of Heaven and Access to the Afterlife base on sins.

We know God Has Created Angels like Uriel here who is Equal to the Galaxy Buster Mephisto. Just 1 Angel!

God also made Ruth here. a Powerful Angel who shows in order. Super Strength, Super durability, Mind Control, and can even a Force Field.

As well the many Other Lesser Angels.

As well All the Ghost Riders. A lot of Ghost Riders.

Who wins with all the forces against each other?

#2 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by New_World_Order (13230 posts) - - Show Bio

No one?

I would say he's more than Odin can handle.

#4 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: You read the feats I put together? Like it? Took me a sec to put together from my Son of Satan and Ghost Rider Comics.

#5 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is even a contest I say it's seriously a bad move on Marvel's part...

#6 Edited by New_World_Order (13230 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: You read the feats I put together? Like it? Took me a sec to put together from my Son of Satan and Ghost Rider Comics.

Yeah, it's good. He seems pretty top tier.

If this is even a contest I say it's seriously a bad move on Marvel's part...

What do you mean?

#7 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean its bad enough they took a dead religion and used it, but to take a living one?

#9 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean its bad enough they took a dead religion and used it, but to take a living one?

DC does it.

Lucifer and Michael are the top tier Beings in DC. Specter is a Angel.

The Spear of Destiny is one of the most powerful Artifacts in DC.

Image most popular Comic was all Base on Jeudo Christian theme. Spawn.

Whats the problem? I think Marvel should be shame to blatantly go against Religion (80% people on earth have a form of Religion in the Jews, Christians, Muslims, Buddhist, and Hindus faiths) and yet rather make a Goofy Purple Giant a top tier being!

Really Marvel?! This is the best you can do for Universal Concepts of Gods?!

How can I take that seriously?

Now that is bad@$$ looking and goes along with Jews, Muslims, and Christians that make up a HUGE portion of Marvel Comic Readers.

Marvel needs to start looking at the Tiers of DC and Image.

#10 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Curent Odin wins. Older Odin losses

#11 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Curent Odin wins. Older Odin losses

?! Shouldnt that be reversed?

Classic Odin Feats > Modern Odin Feats? Im pretty sure Classic was better.

#12 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

Featwise Odin seems more impressive and least in a showing of pure power.

Few of the feats put above are ambigious.

What can i say i actually like Marvel Cosmology.

#13 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Featwise Odin seems more impressive and least in a showing of pure power.

Few of the feats put above are ambigious.

What can i say i actually like Marvel Cosmology.

Thats a big word there friend. Speak Plainly.

I agree, the Cosmic Side of Giant Goofy Armor Celestials, Purple Planet Eating Galactus, or the floating heads of Master Order and Lord Chaos is such a cheesy 60s Sci Fi joke.

Seriously like euk!

#14 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so. Older Odin lost against celestials with help. Curent Odin was fighting a multiverseal threat.

#15 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so. Older Odin lost against celestials with help. Curent Odin was fighting a multiverseal threat.

Multiversal? You mean Redirecting a Multiversal Attack of Surtur?

Weak Street levelers can Redirect Lightning, but not generate it. Point being That Redirecting feat is not as impressive as Galaxy Busting of Classic.

#16 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

You must remember that he was able to beat Surtur I think. That's what I heard anyhow. But here's an idea what if the biblical god..... was eternity

#17 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats a big word there friend. Speak Plainly.

I agree, the Cosmic Side of Giant Goofy Armor Celestials, Purple Planet Eating Galactus, or the floating heads of Master Order and Lord Chaos is such a cheesy 60s Sci Fi joke.

Seriously like euk!

What i meant was some of the feats are questionable and open to interpreting 2 ways and there have been others with similar claim.

1. When we are talking about having a hand in creating a template for the universe, we dont know which universe is being talked about. 616 Actuality, or Hellstrom's pocket universe, after all every pantheon have their own little pocket universe.

2. Lucifer below god's power is always expected, Lucifer is a class 2 demon, nothing more nothing less, and as such is always expected to be less powerful than pantheon skyfather.

3. Anything from Heaven's on fire look more like pure hyperbole than anything else, after all he only beats nameless characters and fodders

I could try and argue about other but i know we are not going to agree here..

#18 Posted by WillPayton (9456 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

Actually Marvel's pantheon is much more creative and interesting than the Christian/Jewish/Muslim religious fantasies, which are cheap copies of the gods and myths that came before. There's nothing special about the latest brand of superstition, except perhaps its ability to still make people believe it even in the face of scientific facts. Then again, it's easy to get people to believe in something when you shove it down their throats when they're little kids.

Asgard stomps easily due to feats and just generally being more awesome.

#19 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

Actually Marvel's pantheon is much more creative and interesting than the Christian/Jewish/Muslim religious fantasies, which are cheap copies of the gods and myths that came before. There's nothing special about the latest brand of superstition, except perhaps its ability to still make people believe it even in the face of scientific facts. Then again, it's easy to get people to believe in something when you shove it down their throats when they're little kids.

You do realize Jews were the first to have a establish Mono God. Patheons are also Weak in myth, challenge by Mortals, could die, and now only story tales for kid shows.

Also I hint a bit of Atheist in you. Reason why you perfer clunky Space Gods over the view of a after life God(s).

Preference for everyone. I mean you read Comics of Imaginary beings anyway, I like a more up to date with the world views imaginary beings. I like a little connection to reality.

#20 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is guilty too. Regardless, this can't end well.

#21 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Marvel does have a over-arching gods in most if not all earth pantheon, Demiurge (not to be confused with Demogorge) who was the creator of life on panel earth, starting with Elder gods.

After all it was Elder god life essense that was use to create normal god, and while life came from energy of Demiurge, it was man's ability to perceive thing as man, is what created gods in human's image.

#22 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Marvel does have a over-arching gods in most if not all earth pantheon, Demiurge (not to be confused with Demogorge) who was the creator of life on panel earth, starting with Elder gods.

After all it was Elder god life essense that was use to create normal god, and while life came from energy of Demiurge, it was man's ability to perceive thing as man, is what created gods in human's image.

True... yet... all the Eldar God Mythos seems retcon these days or collide with other on panel Statements.

Example.... the Birth of the Universe.

Alien X created the universe.

Phoenix created the universe.

Eternity created the universe.

Sise-Neg created the universe.

What is my point? Eldar Gods is outdated and this is relativly fresh.

Pick your poison. This is why I gravitate away from Marvel and DC these days. I prefer Dark Horse, Image, and Manga now cause they are more Consistent Cannon.

Marvel is so full of BS retcons and what not it is sickening. The aftermath of 100 of writers on 100 of books.

#23 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

For what it's worth, Thor himself has alluded to a Creator twice, and once was a reference to Heaven during Jurgens' run. That said, at least DC treats the Judeo-Christian God better than I hear Marvel does.

#24 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

For what it's worth, Thor himself has alluded to a Creator twice, and once was a reference to Heaven during Jurgens' run. That said, at least DC treats the Judeo-Christian God better than I hear Marvel does.

Thank you. I own little to nothing DC but they do treat the 3/4 Current World Religions better.

#25 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

True... yet... all the Eldar God Mythos seems retcon these days or collide with other on panel Statements.

Not sure i understand Elder Gods were never said to have created universes, they are just the first gods (class 1) in existence in 616 reality created in turn by the sentient biosphere of Earth called Demuirge.

Alien X created the universe.

Alien X from Ben 10?? :p

Alien Entity did not create the universe, he wasnt a creator. Alien Entity was just a normal alien born long after the universe was created who was somehow later bonded with some universal concept not yet explained.

He was plagued by 1 question, why is there big bang and where did it come from. What he knew was universe was born from the big bang, what he did not understand was where did the big bang, or the spark of the big bang come from.

He journey with Reed to the past, and realises something profoundly weird, it was people like Reed whose ability to being born is what sparked the big bang.

So in short the universe was created by big bang which wasnt in turn created by the Alien Entity , so he isnt the creator of Marvel universe.

Phoenix created the universe.

Phoenix did not create a universe at least not that i know of. Phoenix Force, at least in 616 , was born after the big bang, much like every other abstracts. While it is often called "force" as opposed to Abstract, likely because he has the ability to travel universe to universe and is never bounded by one, it had no hand in creating the universe either.

Phoenix however represent life, although its questionable whether Phoenix created life, or Phoenix derives its power from life.

Eternity created the universe.

Eternity isnt the creator of the universe, Eternity is the universe (or personification of time , depending on whether he and Infinity are show as same being just 2 sides of a coin or shown different).

Sise-Neg created the universe.

He did not, in fact its unclear what he actually did as far as after having ascended to his Genesis form.

What Sise-Neg wanted to do was , travel back in time, and absorb all the mystical energy of the universe, because the mystical energy in a universe, at any given time, is limited.

His aim was to go to the point of big bang, but re-create the universe in his own image.

He did that, progressively absorbed the mystical energy from various time in the universe, became powerful enough to do what he did, create the whole universe in his image, but realised something, universe is prefect as it it. So he let the big bang happen and the universe was created at it was.

What is my point? Eldar Gods is outdated and this is relativly fresh.

Pick your poison. This is why I gravitate away from Marvel and DC these days. I prefer Dark Horse, Image, and Manga now cause they are more Consistent Cannon.

Marvel is so full of BS retcons and what not it is sickening. The aftermath of 100 of writers on 100 of books.

Perhaps, Elder god stop being used as often for about 20 years and it all looks bleak, but i do not recall anything about Elder God that has been retcon and barring Gaea, i have read every appearence of Set, Chthon, and Atum, 3 top Elder Gods.

I know you hate Tom Brevroot but his explaination (or rather a cop out was) Marvel universe is so mysterious its true creator can never be ascertain. The possible creators of Marvel universe that i know of are: One above All, Nemesis and a sentinent Cosmic egg that blew up creating the universe (the last part seem like a fantasy way of saying big bang theory without any particular creator but meh!)

I like Marvel cosmology because they have the whole concept of level of infinity, dimensions and level beyond human comprehension and so on.

To me its fun.. to other its bunch of nonesense.. and i respect your position.

#26 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: Hey in Marvel defense they create all religions the same, gave them all a pocket reality and let them all have god, and had giant robot and purple headed god, followed by a necklace 3 necked sparklin guy rule over it all.

#27 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy frag on toast, I hope Alien X isn't that powerful. And I happen to LIKE Ben Ten.

#28 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: lol I do hate Brevroot. He is a spineless a$$. I am definitely at this point the Latter :)

#29 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. I think the Tribunal being the supreme being is stupid, considering he himself admits he's not.

#30 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy frag on toast, I hope Alien X isn't that powerful. And I happen to LIKE Ben Ten.

Same :) he doesnt use Alien X, last episode of Ben 10 was funny seeing Animo cry :p

Meh. I think the Tribunal being the supreme being is stupid, considering he himself admits he's not.

He isnt the supreme being, he has never been the supreme being, he is just the judge of the multiverse.

Like Mephisto said during Journey into the Mystery tie in to Fear Itself : he is not a god he is just the biggest kid in the play ground

Biggest, neckless and the most sparkling kid in the playgound that is :p

#31 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

That's another problem I have with Marvel - the claim that the Tribunal is ruler of DC and every other universe. What gives them the right to stake ownership of another company?

#32 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: Are you referring to when the Tribunal fashioned the DC Almagalm Brother? Because besides that they don't. They say that the omniverse has things like Image, Darkhorse and DC. The Tribunal does not rule or even judge these other Megaverses. TOAA is just alluded to have created the omniverse but is known to create the marvelverse.

#33 Edited by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Who knows? I've seen people claim it and even read it in a bio online. And I've seen the scans of the Brother retcon and people neglect to mention that he had a Spectral ally.

#34 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: Whoever claims that the LT made DC does not know what there speaking of. The Brothers by themselfs are confusing enough since if we belive that he made dc from that he must have also made marvel since that brother was there too. As for Spectral ally are you saying that cthulu looking guy there?

#35 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

It's obviously a reference to the Spectre.

#36 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: The Spectre was only used as an ally in the Marvel vs. DC and that was simply to hold the 2 universes together. For the retcon with them as LT fashioned them the Specter was not even there or mentioned it was in a X-Men comic I think.

#37 Edited by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Adventures of the X-Men #12. If I memorized the quote I would post it.

#38 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17440 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, considering the religious Gods are all skyfather level in marvel, odin should be able to stalemate, or at least hang out with him.

#39 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems rather childish of Marvel. I'm not saying DC is right, but man, that's disrespectful.

#40 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: The only problem is that it's going to be Odin vs. Biblical God and all of Heaven. Everyone else in Asgard will lose against the forces of heaven.

#41 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17440 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer: Not necessarily, there's still thor, loki, balder, sif, and other Gods. And we've seen the others are always a fly compared to the head God. They're going to be swatted like flies if the two of them engage in a fight. One on one, though, odin is a really scary opponent to face.

#42 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, to say all religions are wrong is definitely wrong, while saying religion is right is maybe wrong. Either way, I'm no Marvel fan.

#43 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

Thank You!

This is actually part of why I prefer Marvel to DC. They treat all myths the same.

#44 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

And this is why it won't end well.

#45 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: Wait how are they saying that any 1 religion is wrong? They did it to Hinduisim along with every single myth god. There are some who still believe in Norse Mythology as a religion. So instead of putting one religion above another they put hem all equal which I think was a smart move. But then they have their made up gods and they put them above the others because they made them.

@princearagorn1: Yes but I doubt they can take that army of Ghost Riders. It can be argued that Thor would lose against normal Ghost rider and he has beaten the other gods at the same time. So take that and add in angels and an army of ghost rider I think the rest of asgard dies and odin would just get overwhelmed.

#46 Edited by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

They're not singling out any religion, but are saying that all religion is wrong.

#47 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (17440 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer: The rest of the Ghost riders are featless.. there is no reason to believe they're as strong as main GR, nor is Ghost rider beating higher versions of thor. And even an army of Ghost riders isn't going to be of much help in a battle of skyfathers level opponents.

They're not singling out any religion, but are saying that all religion is wrong.

lol like people are going to suddenly stop going to believing in it because comic/manga say so.. Pretty funny if you think about it. How many people take anything a comic says seriously, as in, very seriously?

#48 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: Well in there given multiverse it could be. TOAA is just the writers. So a Marvel version of Odin would be below a Real World version of Odin. But if you want to make your own gods or include any kind of pantheon you will say that a religion is wrong. However not all religions belive that there gods created the universe or things around that nature so its not all religions just some.

#49 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2979 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly. Which is why this isn't going to end well.