Marvel Characters, Lantern Ring Battle

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since I'm insanely bored backing up servers.....

Premise: The marvel characters below have gained access to lantern rings. They can choose any color ring (Blue can function just fine on its own here) and must battle one another in a tournament, but only using constructs made from their ring.

Combatants:

Iron Man

Doctor Doom

Apocalypse

Mr. Sinister

Charles Xavier

Norman Osborn

Carnage

Feel free to suggest more.

Factors I would consider (but should not be limited to):

Willpower/discipline, creativity, spatial reasoning (including combat skills), basic connection to the chosen emotional spectrum.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too hard to determine, but virtually all the potential to be as powerful, with there respected choice IMO.

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yellow lantern doom would be something

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: @thenewbluebeetle007:

I would peg Doom for Avarice. He not only wants to rule the world, but truly believes he is the best qualified. His own ego may force him to choose a green ring though as he is completely confident in his willpower (and not without reason) but how would that stack up against Professor X with a blue or indigo ring? The professor also bas tremendous will and extensive experience with psychic combat which in some ways should factor into holding a construct together. Or Carnage with a yellow ring? imagine all that insane creativity and spatial awareness combined with a mind that already communicates well with a symbiotic life form. I think if we thought our way through what it means to use a power ring we could come up with aome interesting conclusions.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure giving characters abilities they don't normally have is against the rules.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't give characters powers or items they've never used.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namasthetu: Apocalypse would easily as good, if not better considering that is what they do, and he has been a pharaoh, and even controlling the Earth in a slightly shifted time line etc.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to be that guy, but you have broken Da Rules bro

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would peg apocalypse as a red lantern. I could see his rage of the state of the world as a mighty weapon.

Doom would for sure be an avarice/orange lantern. I honestly don't think he would be as clever as the current orange lantern when using the ring (using previous users as a construct army, etc) but he'd do some cool things with it.

Mr. Sinister would probably make a good yellow lantern, but I feel his real niche would be as a black lantern. His obsession with the perfect soldiers and army of perfection could lead to his own zombie hoard. Just my opinion though

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Xavier, just because he's most likely the only one here who can handle the blue ring. Blue rings without restrictions are OP.

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos911:

The rule states "I generally don't have a problem with this, as long as it's not overdone. Things like upgrading certain characters to a certain physical levels, or removing powers for two opponents to gauge hand-to-hand skills is fine as long as the fight is fair in the process. However, giving people like Hulk the Power Cosmic or people like Nightwing a Green Lantern ring is unacceptable because neither character has displayed the skill and/or competence to use such weapons/items. That said, it would be difficult (and in most cases, nearly impossible) for people to debate. Threads of this nature will be locked if it becomes an issue."

This implies it is not explicitly forbidden. In this case all opponents are given an item to use with the same lack of knowledge and the purpose is to postulate who could figure it out best. This is functionally no different than having characters who have never been seen playing chess do a chess match. The use of a power ring is not really all that outside the possibility of any person given the events of darkest night. All of these characters have interfaced with alien technology or intelligence (in Carnage's case). Osborn is the only one who has not interfaced with alien tech to my knowledge, but has interfaced with the Iron Patriot armor. Nobody here is at a distinct disadvantage and they all have genius intellects (even Carnage in his own perverse way).

Anyway the purpose was to generate a discussion about certain aspects of these characters (and maybe some others if suggested) and delve into less explored aspects of their skills that can apply to combat. If mods want to lock it because it gets too close to the edge then that's fine. I would argue that it is merely a battle to see who can figure out strange tech that actually comes with an inherent user manual but I can see how it may set a bad precedent.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

tony = green

doom = orange

apoc = yellow

sinister = yellow

charles = blue

norman = yellow