Posted by funnyfishman (92 posts) - - Show Bio

No morals. Stalemate setting. Fighting to their greatest ability.

#1 Posted by dondave (34756 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#2 Posted by New_World_Order (12644 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#3 Posted by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman,already been done in comics.Superman one shot him.

#4 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_tomorrow said:

What comic did you read where Superman one-shotted Thor? He was muttering on how it was the toughest fight he's ever had and Thor exhausted him to the point he gets KOed by Iron Man, She Hulk and Hercules ganging up on him.

It still amazes me that he was able to catch Mjolnir with the palm of his hand without breaking given Thor's hammer strikes have hurt more durable characters; everything from sky-fathers to abstracts. But feel free to consider that canon, given it's canon for DC (or at least was) - but certainly not Marvel.

In regards to the thread:

Undetermined, Superman has pulled off one insane feat since his retcon that his pre-flashpoint counterpart wouldn't have been capable of, but outside that we don't have many stunning feats for Clark to work with and a particular vulnerability to magical lightning that suggest Thor on hit might actually really do some damage.

#5 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor destroys him if fighting to best of ability ..

#6 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: no

#7 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

When fighting to the best of their ability, Thor will be able to drain the solar energy from Superman's cells. Thor takes this.

#8 Posted by dondave (34756 posts) - - Show Bio

@sommyt: why no?

#9 Posted by Floopay (8644 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor for me.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#10 Posted by Dextersinister (5808 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

When fighting to the best of their ability, Thor will be able to drain the solar energy from Superman's cells. Thor takes this.

Even if Thor could do that I doubt it's a matter of simply willing it to happen.

As always it will end in Thor being blitzed.

#11 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#12 Posted by SHARKBEARAGATOR (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Before he gets speed blitzed to death doubt it.

#13 Edited by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

@guttridgeb said:

Even if Thor could do that I doubt it's a matter of simply willing it to happen.

As always it will end in Thor being blitzed.

I'm pretty sure he can do that, Mjolnir has a lot of uses that Thor never bothers with. Presumably it works like by willing it happen just like most other applications.

#14 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: dude Thor fighting to the best of his ability superman better get out of here Thor when he gets serious has hurt abstracts ...just his lightning hurt a god that had absorbed 98% of the multiuniverse ...

#15 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20373 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@ThunderGodsWrath

said:

Superman

@dondave

said:

Superman

Superman wins. hes faster stronger smarter and more durable

#16 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@sommyt said:

@guttridgeb: dude Thor fighting to the best of his ability superman better get out of here Thor when he gets serious has hurt abstracts ...just his lightning hurt a god that had absorbed 98% of the multiuniverse ...

Fair enough, I'm not aware of all of his high-end feats so I went for the option I was almost certain would work :)

#17 Posted by sommyt (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: yea they dont like showing Thors high end feats that much with him using full power ..look at an instance with just wind alone .. wind of a thousand worlds

#18 Posted by New_World_Order (12644 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_tomorrow said:

Superman would beat Thor maybe. It's debatable. Also if anyone's getting one-shotted. It would be Superman.

#19 Posted by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

Superman would beat Thor maybe. It's debatable. Also if anyone's getting one-shotted. It would be Superman.

Superman has beaten Thor in the cross-over with a one shot. DC accepted it as canon,while marvel does not.So basically he has beaten him,and made it look pretty dang easy. Even though he said it was his toughest opponent, which I don't believe since the battle lasted like 3 panels.And Thor didn't really even touch superman like that.

#20 Edited by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Given Superman's invulnerability to magic and the fact he has been tanked by lightning Thor wins this easily.

Superman v Catpatin Marvel 001
Superman v Catpatin Marvel 002
Superman v Catpatin Marvel 005
Superman v Catpatin Marvel 006
Superman v Livewire 001
Superman v Livewire 002
Superman v Viking 001
Superman v Viking 002
#21 Posted by New_World_Order (12644 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

Superman has beaten Thor in the cross-over with a one shot. DC accepted it as canon,while marvel does not.So basically he has beaten him,and made it look pretty dang easy. Even though he said it was his toughest opponent, which I don't believe since the battle lasted like 3 panels.And Thor didn't really even touch superman like that.

You were saying?

#22 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

my vote is for Thor

#23 Posted by FiMFTW (687 posts) - - Show Bio

It all comes down to whether Superman can kill Thor before he uses Mjolnir to BFR or drain him.

#24 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5967 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath: PIS

#25 Posted by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath: Marvel's revenge for Batman beating Hulk.

#26 Posted by Freefa11 (2337 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

You need to re-read that if that's what you think. Their fight was about 12 panels, and Thor hit him at least twice (not counting Superman catching his hammer). Superman punched him at least 3 times, plus a full dose of heat vision. He also got beat down by the rest of the Avengers almost immediately afterwards, and without much difficulty.

#27 Posted by New_World_Order (12644 posts) - - Show Bio

@ULTRAstarkiller: Superman one-shotting Thor is PIS

@GypRosetti said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: Marvel's revenge for Batman beating Hulk.

Lol that happened?

#28 Posted by New_World_Order (12644 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freefa11 said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

You need to re-read that if that's what you think. Their fight was about 12 panels, and Thor hit him at least twice (not counting Superman catching his hammer). Superman punched him at least 3 times, plus a full dose of heat vision. He also got beat down by the rest of the Avengers almost immediately afterwards, and without much difficulty.

Yep

#29 Posted by GypRosetti (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath: If Disney ever buys DC from Time Warner they'll get revenge for this and job Superman to Hulk:)

#30 Posted by New_World_Order (12644 posts) - - Show Bio

@GypRosetti said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: If Disney ever buys DC from Time Warner they'll get revenge for this and job Superman to Hulk:)

LOL, oh man..

#31 Posted by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

You were saying?

Not that cross over the jla/avengers cross over is canon not these comics.so yea.....

#32 Edited by son_of_tomorrow (493 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freefa11 said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

Post these 12 scans then,because I remember their fight not lasting no more than 3 panels.Unless your talking about all the teams fighting in 12 scans.Because they didn't even make the superman and thor fight that long. And I remember just one hit from superman that laid him out,catching the hammer,and hitting him with heat vision. And so what if he got jumped by the avengers? Thor got jumped by a bunch of nobodies in siege and was blasted to near death/@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@Freefa11 said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

Yep

Above.

@GypRosetti: All those scans are cis and pis

#33 Posted by Freefa11 (2337 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_tomorrow said:

Post these 12 scans then,because I remember their fight not lasting no more than 3 panels.Unless your talking about all the teams fighting in 12 scans.Because they didn't even make the superman and thor fight that long. And I remember just one hit from superman that laid him out,catching the hammer,and hitting him with heat vision.

I didn't say 12 scans, I said 12 panels. You said 3 panels. You also said he got 1-shotted. Getting punched multiple times and shot with heat vision is not 1 shot.

And so what if he got jumped by the avengers? Thor got jumped by a bunch of nobodies in siege and was blasted to near death

Thor was the heaviest hitter on his team. Superman going down easily immediately after their fight is a pretty obvious indicator the fight was not that easy for him.

Which "nobodies" nearly killed Thor in Siege?

#34 Posted by thanosii (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

wasnt that match fan voted? To the best of thier abilities Thor just uses lightning then takes supermans soul.

#35 Posted by Freefa11 (2337 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii: No, only the "Marvel vs. DC" crossover in the 90's was fan-voted, and in that one Superman fought (and defeated) the Hulk. Thor fought (and defeated) Captain Marvel. That's also the one with the infamous instance of Wolverine defeating Lobo (also Storm defeating Wonder Woman was pretty bad).

All the other Marvel/DC crossovers were just written by the writers, including JLA/Avengers. I'm sure there was no small amount of editorial politicking going on, but there was no fan input involved.

#36 Posted by thanosii (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

well soul steal shud still win does supes hav resistance

#37 Posted by New_World_Order (12644 posts) - - Show Bio

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@Freefa11 said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

Post these 12 scans then,because I remember their fight not lasting no more than 3 panels.Unless your talking about all the teams fighting in 12 scans.Because they didn't even make the superman and thor fight that long. And I remember just one hit from superman that laid him out,catching the hammer,and hitting him with heat vision. And so what if he got jumped by the avengers? Thor got jumped by a bunch of nobodies in siege and was blasted to near death/@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@Freefa11 said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

Yep

Above.

@GypRosetti: All those scans are cis and pis

LOL, i'm not even going to counter this..

#38 Posted by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

bump haha this is going to be good

#39 Edited by Vacone (49 posts) - - Show Bio

This is where Superman claims that Thor was a tough, if not his toughest, opponent (JLA/Avengers #2).