Marval vs Dc

Bane_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bane_delete

ok so lets talk hard about this. dc or marval every charecter,lets talk about what happened and what might of happened.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Prodigal Son

First of all, what you're asking either makes no sense, or is so incredibly broad in scope that hardly any of us are going to be able to respond. Can you be succinct in what it is you're looking for in a conversation?

Second, it's Marvel, not marval. There is no such comic company as marval, unless it exists on Bizzaro world.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Darkchild

well if he is asking what i think

i beleive if the entire MArvel world came together in one fight both sides good an evil on MArvel side and vise versa for DC it would be MArvel to win becuase look at the omegas they ahve in Marvel for chirst sake

yes their ware more heavy hitter in DC but marvel got the blast power

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Final Arrow

Bane_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bane_delete

yes thats right what i ment was who do you think would win? what side and who would win if someone fought this person ensted of the one the fought before.

Avatar image for thee_arch_angel_micheal
Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I dont no for sure, my first reaction is to pick Marvel, but if Doomsday and Superman were on the same side.............thats a powerhouse team right there.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Waaaaaaaaay to broad. Most characters would be killed in the crossfire of the big hitters (Spectre, Living Tribunal etc.).

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Ladies of Marvel VS Ladies of DC

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sync

Prurience Man says:

"First of all, what you're asking either makes no sense, or is so incredibly broad in scope that hardly any of us are going to be able to respond. Can you be succinct in what it is you're looking for in a conversation? Second, it's **Marvel,** not *marval.* There is no such comic company as marval, unless it exists on Bizzaro world."

easy be nice, old and wise one...lol

marvel would have more winners overall, and if we go by that fact than.....they have more b,c, and d type charcthers than dc. marevl has the whole safety in numbers effect going.

dc has superman,ion,flash,fate,darkside, "superboy prime"(had to throw in) shazam, these guys along would cause so touble....

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Prodigal Son

Sync says:

"Prurience Man says:
"First of all, what you're asking either makes no sense, or is so incredibly broad in scope that hardly any of us are going to be able to respond. Can you be succinct in what it is you're looking for in a conversation? Second, it's **Marvel,** not *marval.* There is no such comic company as marval, unless it exists on Bizzaro world."

easy be nice, old and wise one...lol

marvel would have more winners overall, and if we go by that fact than.....they have more b,c, and d type charcthers than dc. marevl has the whole safety in numbers effect going.

dc has superman,ion,flash,fate,darkside, "superboy prime"(had to throw in) shazam, these guys along would cause so touble...."

OLD?!?!?!?!?

Btw: That was me being nice. Notice no personal shots, no profanity, no putting down the poster, no disparaging of character. Just a clear statement with a touch of sarcasm.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Methos

to be honest i can't really back either up...

your talking about a full on war between DC and Marvel... does this include all the sideline material DC has such as Vertigo etc?

another cog in the works is how to measure power... in Marvel you have the Mutant Classification, Omega, Celestial... whatever... how do you equate those into DC terms?

Would Superman be a Omega level mutant? he has the potential to live forever (See DC 1,000,000) and has the strength to move the planet out of orbit... he's the only character in the DCU to actually break free of the Scource Wall... something even Darksied (A God!) failed to do so on his own...

If you're ranking Superman upthere with the Omega Level Mutants... then you have a problem, where do you put people like Parallax? he nocked out Superman with one punch! then you actually get to the heavy hitters... Ion? Spectre? hell, bring in the Guardians of OA just for the pure hell of it... they are pure immportals, they created the GL Rings, have all the powers of the rings naturally and then more... where do you rank those?

admitadly, i don't really know that much about the Marvel universe... for arguments sake i'll take the two most powerfull Marvel characters i know, Phoenix and Apocolipse... both Omega Level Mutants right? (Please someone correct me if thats wrong.)

who are you going to pit them against?

Phoenix Vs Superman? Ion? Spectre? seriously, who?

Apocolipse Vs Darksied? Sinestro? Kalibak? is there anyone you would put that guy upagainst for a real fight?

for anyone who's not sure on the DC characters i'm mentioning, look them up... Darksied is a GOD, one of the worst... his main power, besides overwhelming strength is his Omega Beams (Think heat vision with more punch) that literally erase someone from existence... anyone in the Marvell Univese going to stand up to that sort of punishment?

As for the 'second stringers'... not sure how many Marvell has... going back to silver age i can think up over 4000 if i had the time... adimatdly 3,600 of those are GL Corps... anyone think they can stand up to the might of the full Corps coming down on them? then you have the Authority... Gen13... anything like that? (Not sure... does DC still own Wildstorm? i know they did at one point, do they still?)

Then you're bringing in the sideliners... Preacher and gang... the list just goes on and on...

i know it was done before in the comics (Quite abysmally i think as i argue with a lot of the matches they put together.) but i think that DC and Marvell are too evenly matched for a all out war... there couldn't be a winner, it would just be a apocolipse for both teams, and then when all the second stringers and sideliners are wiped out, then the big boys would step up and the battles would just go on, and on, and on, and on, and... you get the drift.

i'm not saying don't use this as a battle idea, but try and narrow it down so that you can actually have a good argument for both sides...

Say Phoenix Vs Ion for a battle...

just don't try and bring in everyone from both sides, they are two drastically different comics and it would just turn into a pointless argument from people who aren't thinking about the battle, but are just thinking about their perticular team... for battles like this you need to take both sides of the story and work out the victor on power and stratergy based...

just saying, try and argue your case for the battle... don't just say "DC wins, thats final" as i've seen posted in soo many battles... try and argue cases for the battle... it's a lot more fun that way for everyone involved.

hope i didn't ramble on too long, it's just one of my peeves from this site when people just argue blindly about a character or character's just because they are that persons favorite... you've got to considor all sides to the battle before arguing...

M

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Boken

marvel kicks ass every which way.

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Boken

in a fight yes D.C., but if we were taling about a better brand then it's marvel.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By The WeatherMan

In a fight, I think DC would win. Superman alone could rip apart most of Marvel line up. If Batman was given time, he would work out some major plan to send the whole Marvel line-up into the Negative zone.

Icoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Icoop

methos says:

"lots of talking and explanation"
DC does still own Wildstorm, its a different Universe still though so the question is really DC company vs Marvel company or DC universe vs Marvel universe. I'm thinking just the Universes as both companies publish other comics not in the actual universe(such as Powers and Kabuki for Marvel), and pulling them in would be rediculously cumbersome.(plus I'm pretty sure DC would get an overwhelming advantage from that just from the Wildstorm U alone :P)Also Phoenix has eaten planets before. It's pretty f'ing powerful and I think it could probably take Superman, at it's full force.Phoenix vs Ion, Parallax or Spectre would be closer to an even battle. Although Spectre would be debatable because hes appeared extremely powerful and then hes appeared really weak, at least IMO.Apocalypse doesn't really fight that often, hes more of a mastermind character, but I think he'd be even with Kalibak, though he'd probably outsmart him eventually. I think he'd get his a$$ handed to him by Darkseid though.Also how do Darkseids eye beams work, I've seen him vaporize people with them and then I've seen him blast Supes with little effect.
Post Edited:2007-04-30 19:10:50
Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sync

Prurience Man says:

"Sync says:
"Prurience Man says:
easy be nice, old and wise one...lol marvel would have more winners overall, and if we go by that fact than.....they have more b,c, and d type charcthers than dc. marevl has the whole safety in numbers effect going. dc has superman,ion,flash,fate,darkside, "superboy prime"(had to throw in) shazam, these guys along would cause so touble...."
OLD?!?!?!?!? Btw: That was me being nice. Notice no personal shots, no profanity, no putting down the poster, no disparaging of character. Just a clear statement with a touch of sarcasm."

the picture is OLD kingdom come superman, or should i say an old looking Prurience Man, sorry if i offended you man, was just trying to be funny and ease what i thought was tension.

wow this is amazing? the human does come up with clever things, maybe that why it will never be world peace..lol.

i dont like to say it, but superman has his match in marvel, though others would say nay. YUP, superman is a threat period especalliy if sliver age superman is in the battle, his does not need a label he already has it "dont mess with the S" Hulk,gladtor,sentry,thor,beta ray bill,hecules,and others "imo" easily go toe to toe with superman. But the new doomsday and anroid may prove unbeatable.

Kalibak vs karate kid.. that would be the matchup, i think, and would batman match kalibak?

ack, just because they wrote ion godlike does not mean he is, from my reading of the books, he not all that, but that also "IMO" If hes sp powerful, why did they make gog, why was he not in kingdom come, yeah i know why (time line thing), but i just dont see him as heavy hitter as everyone else does.

what about galatus servants...like firelord,silversurfer, etc.. they are powerful....

the demon lords of dc like blackheart and his father.

does dc have anything that rivals the infinity ganulet,comsic cube,comsic egg, infinity gems, or that shir cystal(i dont recall the spelling of it, it starts with a m though? also(where they say if you beat a guardian of the cystal, an even more powerful one will come, than other, etc)

i like the whole negtive zone thing,(did you mean phantom zone) flash running around with the phatom zone generator, zapping marvel before they could react would suck..and end the fight fast like(yeah thats an evil scam) but marvel all ready has a prison thanks to civil war, and reed richards and crew would send 3/4 dc there..lol"imo"

i dont see phoeix and ion even on the same level , but as always thats "IMO"

wildcats, i thought that was image, not dc??? if so, thats ugly, does that mean that all heros from wildcats timeline we now be in the fight.

Darksied a god, maybe, but if batman can call him out others can, heck darksied is just thanos of dc, when thanos plays ball he plays harder than darksied, and has not been call out like darksied was.

as far as Parallax, Spectre these are god like beings.... or in marvel case, comisc, maybe stronger, as for parallax, what about the demon that beta ray bill lock up in a prison, it took 2 of galatus herolds to sacrfice their life ,so they could just make a backhole to suck it in, and give alhpa ray time to join the fight.

I agree with methos, but some of us can really write pages about this stuff...

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Martian

If we are talking about all of Marvel and all of DC, characters like Thor and Superman mean nothing in the grand scale of the battle. The only ones that are going to provide a challenge is people like The Living Tribunal, Spectre, Death, etc. And with power levels that high there is no way of knowning who would win.

Sho'Nuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sho'Nuff

umm... i think that marvel would win. if your talkin about hero vs hero not all those other characters out there. if i had a chose on who fights how it would be (i just pulled from Dc vs Marvel comic line up:

* Spider-Man vs. Superboy (i;m not really up on Superboy death or whatever, plus Spidey has outsmarted a lot of powerhouses ie: Juggernaut)* Superman defeats Professor Hulk (but, if it was Savage Hulk it would be a toss up cuz that Hulk overcame some impressive odds and Superman is a lot like Gladiator and Hulk beat him...)* Thor vs. Captain Marvel (there both mortal but Thor is a "god" and Cap. Marvel is a mortal with the ability's of the gods but , if pressed in battle, Thor is capable of entering into a "berserker rage" which will increase his strength tenfold so i don't know...)* Robin III vs. Jubilee (aw... who cares)* Wolverine vs. Lobo (winner - Lobo and i don't really care 4 either character but Lobo is immortal because of his ban from both Heaven and Hell and has i higher level of super strength that Wolverine and he has gone hand to hand with Superman so...)* Storm vs. Wonder Woman (Storm hands down she would have just shock, froze, WW to "death" Storm is considered to be an Omega-level mutant to so...)* Aquaman vs. Namor the Sub-Mariner (there both the same but... i think Namor would win beacuse he has the powers of all the creatures who live beneath the sea. and can charge the very air with electricity thus shocking Aquaman i think...)* Flash vs. Quicksilver (Flash top speed to date is faster than the speed of light while QS only is the speed of Sound now which is faster so in a fist fight who would get of more punches first...)* Elektra v. Catwoman (Elektra a ninja, Catwoman is a thief... tough one uh?)* Silver Surfer vs. Green Lantern (depending on which GL i think Hal Jordan would put up a hell of a fight against SS, Kyle as Ion would probably stomp SS, John ummm... no. Guy? naw.)* Batman vs. Captain America (on a level playing field like in a normal lit ring i dont know Batman he a genuis and can plan ahead Cap seems to me to be a think on the fly kind of fight and in chess sometimes think ahead can give u adavantage but there are always unkwon variables that need to be consider a see as they dont existed in the same world and i dont know if they remember each other from there fight and they had to fight again would Bats be prepared to fight some that more so or at least above his level like Cap)

this is just my opinion so don't get all bent out of shape over it remember there just comic book!

Cal Kingsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cal Kingsley

Let us keep in mind that if they were to find in an all-out battle royale, there wouldn't be pairings where DC knows they'd lose. For example, they wouldn't have Superman fight Thor (Thor being stronger) They'd have maybe Wonder Woman fight Thor in order to keep a weaker opponent to occupy a stronger one while Superman goes around terrorizing the less powerful Marvel superheroes. Vice Versa with Marvel. So... alot varies.... ALOT!

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Boken

how is thor stronger than supes?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

boken says:

"how is thor stronger than supes?"

He isnt.

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nameless one

I do believe I have actually posted this thread before as CB

Anyway if I had to choose I would definetly go with the Marvel Universe

simply because they do not focus entirely on battle between a hero and a Villian

now I am not saying that that is not the main idea behind most comics I am only pointing out that Marvle has been known to focus on internal conflicts as well something that in my experience DC does not do also I feel that the DC artwork is far to grainy and chopy in nature Marvle has better drawings

Now let me conclude by saying make mine Marvle that's right Buckshot I said it!

lol

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Martian

boken says:

"how is thor stronger than supes?"
My thinking is that Thor is magic and his hammer is magic and Superman is vunerable to it. So I don't think Thor is actually stronger but could beat him due to Superman's weakness.
Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Boken

krytonite? thors hammer ain't made of kryptonite. or are the fighting under a red sun?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Superman would have killed Thor before he could even use the Hammer.

Boken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Boken

exactly.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Martian

Superman has always been vunerable to magic. The fact is Thor is a magical being so that gives him an edge. And if you really think Superman could waste Thor before he can use the hammer you are also wrong.

Bane_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bane_delete

thor is not magic he is the GOD of thunder so sups can hurt him he allready thrashed herc

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Martian

Being a God like Thor usually marks you are being magical. Also his hammer is magic.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#30  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Nameless one says:

"Now let me conclude by saying make mine Marvle that's right Buckshot I said it!"

So you're proud of your inability to spell correctly?

Bane_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bane_delete

well thor in the nordic school books thor is a god a meythlogicul being.

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GL Bertron

Mighty Magneto says:

"Ladies of Marvel VS Ladies of DC"

Every guy wins.
Post Edited:2007-05-03 23:45:25

Bane_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bane_delete

oh S$%T yeah dude the dc babes all the way!

GL Bertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GL Bertron

Actually I would pick the DC universe's heroes. There is a lot of power on both sides, but the DC heroes won't have to fill out the proper forms before they can begin battling. While they are standing in line to get tripicate copies of their fight forms the DC heroes take a preemptive strike and work with their villainous counter parts to destroy the Marvel heroes while they spend their time cursing Iron Man's name. Then the DC heroes quickly look to Superman and Batman to recapture all the released villans.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By Ms. Invisible

boken says:

"in a fight yes D.C., but if we were taling about a better brand then it's marvel."

I believe The Real Flash asked what would happen if the characters from DC and Marvel were pitted against each other.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Martian

Can you tell us how you figured that out Gambit0?

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Satyrquaze

spiderman621 says:

"Can you tell us how you figured that out Gambit0?"

He only had 4 posts in which he could have explained it.

Dynamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dynamo

marvel woud win with hulk,silver surfer,galactus,magneto,spidey,venom,,the whole xmen,there is even more ill go with marvel for this one

Golden Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Golden Boy

What needs to happen is, teams of DC heroes have to be randomly generated and fight randomly generated teams of Marvel heroes then, whichever side has more victories in the team stage wins. You could probably so it with mroe stages and in a round robin scenario but who has a random super team generator on their pc, really?

K-Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By K-Knight

well seriously people you would only need one person or entity from Marvel that would be the Beyonder I don't think anyone would be able to match up against him in DC no Gods could defeat him no mutants no Hulk I don't even think any one with the Infinity Gauntlet could step up to the plate against the Beyonder he was so bored at all the heroes villains and Gods trying to stop him he turned himself into a baby then Molecule man blasted him thought he was dead but he came back later but before that he made it where no one could die then with all of his power he still killed someone how can anyone from Marvel or DC stand up against that a god or not?

Avatar image for marshal_j__james
Marshal J. James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Marshal J. James

Doomsday.

Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Superkitty  Online
Well, to determine something like this, the fight isn't about Uncle Ben's killer vs the Joker's henchmen, Wolverine vs. Green lantern, or even Superman vs Galactus. It's between those ultra-powerful-mostly-behind-the-scenes characters. There's three main problems in trying to deal with them. First, they're mostly in the shadows, exerting their influence indirectly. It's mostly about what they could do, and their powers are rarely put to the test in their own universe.Second, we're dealing with infinities or near infinities. Isn't Chaos the embodiment of chaos? What does this entail? Who would Chaos battle? Why? How would the concept of space do against the concept of time?Third, contradictions and paradoxes would erupt. Both universes have a Death (both female, by the way). First, I guess you'd have to determine who is "deathier." Okay, now that Death killed Death, Death died. Since Death died, does that mean Death lives because for that instant there is no more death? (If Death is just magically replaced by someone else, the point becomes which universe has more replacements) Or is it a bad strategic move to kill Death, for if Death is dead, then nobody in that universe can die?I guess another thing is there are a lot of ways one side can cheaply win over the other side. I'm not a Marvel expert, so I'll just give some DC examples.

There's a character in the Demon comic that is indestructable. Though he is not powerful at all, he can't be destroyed (I suppose Rogue could absorb that power)

Since DC Death is in charge of closing the universe, I guess she can just close the Marvel universe.

Let's have the Beyonder battle Despair. Beyonder kills Despair. Since he kills Despair, he becomes Despair. Game over.

Any other Marvel/DC cheapos?

I agree with other posters in that on he basis of power (not coolness or sales of comics or popularity) it can't be determined.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel owns.

Sorry for bumping.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rotten gun

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"Marvel owns. Sorry for bumping."
damn you! for bumping ;p
Post Edited:2007-12-30 03:58:26
Deadly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Deadly

MARVEL no brainer.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By Sparda

Right, I got one, LET THE THREAD DIE.

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Killer_of_trolls

sorry for bringing up an old topic but I wanted to start my own multiverse/omniverse DC VS MARVEL thread but I found this in the search.
in statistical mathmatics the closest to perfect thing here is to do to say that  almost all beings/intities/objects/creaters/creaters are equel but it's a known fact that TOAA is stan lee playing his role as a charachter, and since he is the writer, he wins by default cause he can give his characters the abillity to win this by writing ,or just write that all dc died , and I don't know about you but ripping a peice of paper or  breaking a dvd  isn't really much of challenge to me, I can stomp both superlol.      Marval wins    .   GAME   .  SET   . AND MATCH