#1 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Marv is chilling at a bar, Rorschach is looking for info, starts tearing up the place. They can use anything at the bar within hand's reach.
 
I'm just sick of people pitting Rorschach against heroes like Batman. Good ole classic goon fight

#3 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, I know nothin' ;bout Marv, but  I do know that he looks mean...
 
Hmm...weapons?

#4 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Bottles, pool cues, bar stools. Old school bar fight. pa POW!

#5 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha-ha, good ol' improvisation...
I'mma gonna go with Marv on this, give the new guy a shot.

#6 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aronmorales: he's not too new, from Sin City if you didn't know. Just a big huge guy who never seems to go down.
#7 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

He's new to me, like I said, I know nothin' 'bout Marv; I've never read Sin city.

#8 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Marv, I think he's a bit stronger and more ruthless than Rorschach in a fight

#9 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: Ruthless? Debatable. 
#10 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch: True enough, I'd imagine Rorschach's stamina dropping before Marv's, he's pretty outta shape and Marv is a well built dude.
#11 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Rorschach looked like he was in pretty good shape to me.

#12 Posted by chaos-soul (1435 posts) - - Show Bio

marv. i mean they had to shock him in the chair twice

#13 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Marv would kill Rorschach. No weapons needed. Marv shrugs off gunshots. He is perfectly capable of breaking Rorschach's bones like kindling. I also don't see a pool cue or bar stool even slowing Marv down. He's about twice the size of Rorschach, has near superhuman strength and durability, actual knowledge of martial arts, a ridiculous threshold for pain.... I could go on. Rorschach is completely outmatched here.

#14 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" Marv would kill Rorschach. No weapons needed. Marv shrugs off gunshots. He is perfectly capable of breaking Rorschach's bones like kindling. I also don't see a pool cue or bar stool even slowing Marv down. He's about twice the size of Rorschach, has near superhuman strength and durability, actual knowledge of martial arts, a ridiculous threshold for pain.... I could go on. Rorschach is completely outmatched here. 
Marv knows martial arts? Since when? I thought he was trained from the "mean streets." Ror is pretty good at using the items around him and fighting dirty. Cue ball to the gonads,
#15 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus Marv got knocked out by Elijah. Whatever his name is. Granted, it was a sledge hammer to the dome multiple times. 

#16 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said: 

"Marv knows martial arts? Since when? I thought he was trained from the "mean streets." Ror is pretty good at using the items around him and fighting dirty. Cue ball to the gonads, "

How do you think Marv beat Kevin? How do you think he disarmed people so easily? Marv has every physical advantage, and is a much more proficient combatant than Rorschach. A cue ball to the gonads would just piss Marv off, incidentally.  Rorschach was good at using items around him to gain an advantage over people who were either afraid of him, or were too stupid to consider him a threat. Marv is neither.
#17 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @texasdeathmatch said: 

"Marv knows martial arts? Since when? I thought he was trained from the "mean streets." Ror is pretty good at using the items around him and fighting dirty. Cue ball to the gonads, "

How do you think Marv beat Kevin? How do you think he disarmed people so easily? Marv has every physical advantage, and is a much more proficient combatant than Rorschach. A cue ball to the gonads would just piss Marv off, incidentally.  Rorschach was good at using items around him to gain an advantage over people who were either afraid of him, or were too stupid to consider him a threat. Marv is neither. "
Good point. How about lighting Marv on fire. I know Marv would turn into a flaming angry beast, but maybe some add some glass to the eyes. I'm just trying to make this fight fun and epic
#18 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Lighting him on fire would be an effective tactic if Rorschach was trying to escape with his life. I really don't see it winning the fight for him though. Marv would probably just grab him and beat him senseless before putting himself out. Glass in the eyes is kind of a long shot. Rorschach doesn't have time to grind the glass up, and he has to get it in Marv's face, which he can't easily reach. I doubt his ability to throw glass shards with the accuracy necessary to hit Marv in the eyes before Marv can blink/throw his mitts up to protect himself. Marv is ridiculously tough. He will keep fighting no matter what happens. Rorschach, on the other hand, has to avoid every attack Marv makes if he wants to make it out of this alive. Ultimately I see Marv walking up to Rorschach's broken body and saying, "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'."

#19 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" Lighting him on fire would be an effective tactic if Rorschach was trying to escape with his life. I really don't see it winning the fight for him though. Marv would probably just grab him and beat him senseless before putting himself out. Glass in the eyes is kind of a long shot. Rorschach doesn't have time to grind the glass up, and he has to get it in Marv's face, which he can't easily reach. I doubt his ability to throw glass shards with the accuracy necessary to hit Marv in the eyes before Marv can blink/throw his mitts up to protect himself. Marv is ridiculously tough. He will keep fighting no matter what happens. Rorschach, on the other hand, has to avoid every attack Marv makes if he wants to make it out of this alive. Ultimately I see Marv walking up to Rorschach's broken body and saying, "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." "
And then, "Damn, this jacket is not my size."
#20 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:
"And then, "Damn, this jacket is not my size." "
"I've got a condition. I get confused sometimes. What if this jacket doesn't look manly on me? What if I've finally turned into what they've always said I would turn into? A metrosexual..."
#21 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @texasdeathmatch said:
"And then, "Damn, this jacket is not my size." "
"I've got a condition. I get confused sometimes. What if this jacket doesn't look manly on me? What if I've finally turned into what they've always said I would turn into? A metrosexual..." "
HAHA! Marv would have to start wearing a rumpled tie and maybe some horned rimmed glasses.
#22 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

bumpity bump bump?

#23 Posted by bumnut (1789 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
"Marv, I think he's a bit stronger and more ruthless than Rorschach in a fight "


Seconded.
#24 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@bumnut said:

" @geraldthesloth said:

"Marv, I think he's a bit stronger and more ruthless than Rorschach in a fight "
Seconded. "
I think he's def stronger, but I dunno about the ruthless thing. Remember. Rorschach had a guy try to saw his arm or leg off while in a burning building. Much better depicted in the book than in the movie, which replaced that badass scene with a simple meat cleaver to the dome.
#25 Posted by mira (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

Marv wins.

#26 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

Marv would murder Rorschach

#27 Posted by gobstakid777 (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Marv whups rorshaq's ass

#28 Posted by xyrzrockrain (921 posts) - - Show Bio

Rorschach from the movie can beat Marv. 
 
Comic Rorschach gets beat.

#29 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@xyrzrockrain said:
" Rorschach from the movie can beat Marv.  Comic Rorschach gets beat. "
I was gonna say that; how the movie depicts Rorschach with badass h2h, where as the comic only states what he's done, other than when he tries to hit Ozy in the end
#30 Posted by bumnut (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

True, there much of a likeness in ruthlessness, but there's just something about Marv, the fact that he chopped off someones legs and incapacitated them and made them watch themselves get eaten by their own dog! Can you get any sicker/ruthless than that?
#31 Posted by Th3 FlAsH 123 (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Marv is too tough.
#32 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@bumnut said:
" True, there much of a likeness in ruthlessness, but there's just something about Marv, the fact that he chopped off someones legs and incapacitated them and made them watch themselves get eaten by their own dog! Can you get any sicker/ruthless than that? "
That's true. I mean, like I said, Ror gave that child killer an awful ultimatum, which was saw off your own leg or burn to death. Which just kinda ended up with him burning to death, but I guess Marv is a LITTLE more cold blooded.
#33 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

marv is to huge for rorschach 

#34 Posted by hulkbuster94 (512 posts) - - Show Bio

marv wins this is spite agains't walter joseph kovaks X(

#35 Posted by AmazingScrewOnHead (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Marv, is superhuman so he shall win. good fight though, rorchach could beat him with prep.

#36 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Marv,,too durable for Rorschach