#1 Edited by Shuma-Gorath (433 posts) - - Show Bio

The Martians of Mars Attacks and the Aliens of Independence Day have each targeted Planet Bob, an exact replica of Earth located in another galaxy. Both species plan to have the planet for its resources and neither are willing to share. The two extraterrestrial species start deploying their forces in full-scale war - - in space and within the atmosphere of Planet Bob. Which extraterrestrial race do you believe comes out the victor, fleshlings?

vs

#2 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Martians stomp.

#3 Posted by Living_Monstrosity (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Independence Day aliens ftw.

#4 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Mars Attack aliens ftw!

Unless someone starts playing country music...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#5 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, Titan A.E. was a great movie. I'm going to have to watch that again.

On topic, I've never seen Mars Attacks, but I'm going to give it to Independance Day aliens since they blew stuff up sufficiently to give Michael Bay a heart attack of extreme joy.

#6 Posted by Inphase (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Mars attacks aliens.

#7 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it really depends on if the Mars Attacks Martians can penetrate the Independence Day Aliens' shields. And do we ever see how durable the Mars Attacks' saucers are? I can't remember.

#8 Posted by Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on various things, but I think the martians would win. In a battle outside of ships the martians would stomp. The ID4 aliens were physically more imposing and armored, but the martians had those ray guns that harnessed the power of the sun and would disintegrate anything it fired upon. They also had enough of the saucers to deal with the smaller ships that the ID4 aliens had.

The only problem I can see the martians having is with the mother ship. But then again, if the mother ship was able to be infected by a computer virus from 1990s computer technology, I don't see why the martians of far superior intellect wouldn't come up with the same thing.

They also have that device that absorbed a nuclear missile and turned it into helium.