#1 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Martain Manhunter. He is faster, stronger, vast mental powers, phasing, shapeshifting, heat vision. He has Thor outclassed in almost everyway.

#2 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

who takes it?

#3 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Martain Manhunter. He is faster, stronger, vast mental powers, phasing, shapeshifting, heat vision. He has Thor outclassed in almost everyway."

Yeah, but thor has alot of other godly abilities and abstract powers too! and i wouldn't say he outclasses thor! thor's been around thousands of years, and has had experience in dealing with alot of cosmic beings! pretty much the majority of times he's traded with surfer he's always shown to pawn him! the way i see it, it's a toss up between thor/superman for number 1, with surfer and mm fighting for second!

#4 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Nobody says:
"Martain Manhunter. He is faster, stronger, vast mental powers, phasing, shapeshifting, heat vision. He has Thor outclassed in almost everyway."
Yeah, but thor has alot of other godly abilities and abstract powers too! and i wouldn't say he outclasses thor! thor's been around thousands of years, and has had experience in dealing with alot of cosmic beings! pretty much the majority of times he's traded with surfer he's always shown to pawn him! the way i see it, it's a toss up between thor/superman for number 1, with surfer and mm fighting for second!"
On the site it was decided Thor beats Superman due to his magic abilities Superman would be vunerable. Silver Surfer would beat Martain Manhunter. If you fliped them around though Martain Manhunter would beat Thor, and Silver Surfer beats Superman.
#5 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"lordraiden says:
"Nobody says:
Yeah, but thor has alot of other godly abilities and abstract powers too! and i wouldn't say he outclasses thor! thor's been around thousands of years, and has had experience in dealing with alot of cosmic beings! pretty much the majority of times he's traded with surfer he's always shown to pawn him! the way i see it, it's a toss up between thor/superman for number 1, with surfer and mm fighting for second!"
On the site it was decided Thor beats Superman due to his magic abilities Superman would be vunerable. Silver Surfer would beat Martain Manhunter. If you fliped them around though Martain Manhunter would beat Thor, and Silver Surfer beats Superman. "

yeah, i could see that scenario playing it'self out! but i could also see thor stomping mm and well, superman could chalk up a win, definetly, but certaintly wouldn't be able to stomp ss!

#6 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Thor takeing this if it's current Thor. This guys raw power hasnt even been tapped yet. If it was the original/classic Thor I could see MM winning this.

Thor has Strength and durability on him. I would give MM the speed factor. His heat vision would be a none factor in this fight as well as his shapeshifting. MM's best chance at winning this would be to hope his mind/mental powers can effect Thor to an extent to give him an edge.

#7 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I see Thor takeing this if it's current Thor. This guys raw power hasnt even been tapped yet. If it was the original/classic Thor I could see MM winning this. Thor has Strength and durability on him. I would give MM the speed factor. His heat vision would be a none factor in this fight as well as his shapeshifting. MM's best chance at winning this would be to hope his mind/mental powers can effect Thor to an extent to give him an edge. "

yeah, current thor would be no contest! he would dismantle mm before the fight even started! I was refering to classic thor and should have stated that! apologies!

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor does not have strength or durability on MM. MM is on Superman's level, the millions of tons level. The same can probably be said for durability even before you add in his shape shifting (which makes physical damage almost useless) and phasing (so he doesn't even need to be hit if he doesn't want to).

#9 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Thor does not have strength or durability on MM. MM is on Superman's level, the millions of tons level. The same can probably be said for durability even before you add in his shape shifting (which makes physical damage almost useless) and phasing (so he doesn't even need to be hit if he doesn't want to)."
Exactly.
#10 Posted by Grimmjow Jeagerjaque (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has no established upper limit, so the strength argument is hard to make. Also, which Thor is this? Rune King Thor? Old school Thor? I don't think this is a curbstomp...if Thor is now Lord of Asgard, doesn't that put him at Herald level or above?

#11 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I'd like to see MM stand against Thors Warrior Madness and Mjolnir's Godblast. MM is cool and all but I do not see him takeing down the God of Thunder son of Odin & Gaea ps; on a personal note I have not kept up with MM's story for some years. I know he was vulerable to heat?(or something) but recently got rid of that right?
Post Edited:2007-12-13 02:49:19"
Yeah no weaknesses now. And Warrior madeness would have no effect on MM. He could just phase so Thor can't hit him and mentally control Thor's body.
#12 Posted by LegendaryKYJ (1334 posts) - - Show Bio
 Thors Endurance is superior to Manhunters. He's also got the centuries worth of battle experience, the God blast, and his Warrior Madness. Unless MM can KO Thor with his blitz before they trade blows, MM is going to be in a lot of pain.
#13 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not see MM mind controlling Thor easily, and probably not at all while he is in Warriors Madness.

#14 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I do not see MM mind controlling Thor easily, and probably not at all while he is in Warriors Madness."
MM is much stronger than most in the Marvel Universe. He once entered the Mind of every person on the planet unaided by a machine like Cerbro. He has also been able to control Gods before. As far as I know Thor hasn't been stated to have any sort of resistance to it either, so MM should beable to do it easily.
#15 Posted by Grimmjow Jeagerjaque (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I do not see MM mind controlling Thor easily, and probably not at all while he is in Warriors Madness."

I tend to agree. Something tells me that Thor wouldn't be easy to control. The problem is that we don't see him go completely all-out very often. I mean, he crushed Iron Man into the dirt without any effort at all...I wonder what his maximum really is. Beta-Ray Bill could hold his own against a Herald, and Thor is more powerful still...

#16 Posted by LegendaryKYJ (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Andferne says:
MM is much stronger than most in the Marvel Universe. He once entered the Mind of every person on the planet unaided by a machine like Cerbro. He has also been able to control Gods before. As far as I know Thor hasn't been stated to have any sort of resistance to it either, so MM should beable to do it easily. "

I think he could use his psionics to keep Thor out of Warrir Madness.

#17 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Thats the thing Thor has always been holding back (exception Ragnorak). I'm hopeing with the way the new comics (which are aweseom IMO) we get to see how far the Thunder God can go. He's already showed being more powerful than classic Thor with some extra powers to boot. Only thing left to be seen is if he still has RuneMagic and the Odinforce (the later I think he still has until/if Doin returns)"
I agree he holds back but I don't see him having anything to defeat Martain Manhunter.
#18 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats the thing Thor has always been holding back (exception Ragnorak). I'm hopeing with the way the new comics (which are aweseom IMO) we get to see how far the Thunder God can go. He's already showed being more powerful than classic Thor with some extra powers to boot. Only thing left to be seen is if he still has RuneMagic and the Odinforce (the later I think he still has until/if Doin returns)

#19 Posted by JMAN1975 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Thor would beat MM. Granted MM is as strong/powerful as Superman but I believe Thor is also on that level. The only thing I see giving MM a advantage is his Telepathic powers. But even then I see him trying to use them and making thor go into a berserkers rage.

#20 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"I'd like to see MM stand against Thors Warrior Madness and Mjolnir's Godblast. MM is cool and all but I do not see him takeing down the God of Thunder son of Odin & Gaea ps; on a personal note I have not kept up with MM's story for some years. I know he was vulerable to heat?(or something) but recently got rid of that right?
Post Edited:2007-12-13 02:49:19"

MM hasn't quite got rid of it! he just handles it better! and this is classic thor! cause current thor is well above any herald! I don't think he's still got the magic of the runes, I believe he still has the odinpower, not 100% sure thogh!

#21 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Andferne says:
MM is much stronger than most in the Marvel Universe. He once entered the Mind of every person on the planet unaided by a machine like Cerbro. He has also been able to control Gods before. As far as I know Thor hasn't been stated to have any sort of resistance to it either, so MM should beable to do it easily. "

Easily? no, not really! could he get in there, yeah! will it be long enough for him to do anything! i doubt it! thor's taken on telepaths, giants, other gods, galactus, ego, celestials! the list goes on! I actually like MM and believe he has a shot, as does thor moreso!

#22 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

If you read the recent JMS run of Thor, you'll see what everyone is talking about. OdinfForce/RuneMagic Thor is much, MUCH more powerful than classic Thor.

The guy recreated Asgard out of thin air.

In a night.

In the most recent issue he created he split two warring people apart by creating a fissure the size of the grand canyon (or it looked that big anyway).

As for the belt and the warrior madness, as he has Odin's strength, he waaaaay beyond those old levels now. Plus with the magic, it's questionable if MM could even get through to Thor's mind.
Post Edited:2007-12-13 22:47:23

#23 Posted by Renegade Lantern (7285 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant take anything away from MMH but he is not beating Thor

#24 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

LegendaryKYJ says:

"Thors Endurance is superior to Manhunters. He's also got the centuries worth of battle experience, the God blast, and his Warrior Madness. Unless MM can KO Thor with his blitz before they trade blows, MM is going to be in a lot of pain."

How do you figure that Thor has more endurance than MM ?

MM has been shown to have endurance at similar levels to Superman who canoperate for weeks to months without sleep.

The God Blast and Warrior Madness mean little as MM can go intangible to defeat all of Thor's physical attacks.

MM can then attack Thor psionically while remaining intangible.

#25 Posted by Terminal Velocity (583 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"LegendaryKYJ says:
"Thors Endurance is superior to Manhunters. He's also got the centuries worth of battle experience, the God blast, and his Warrior Madness. Unless MM can KO Thor with his blitz before they trade blows, MM is going to be in a lot of pain."

How do you figure that Thor has more endurance than MM ?

MM has been shown to have endurance at similar levels to Superman who canoperate for weeks to months without sleep.

The God Blast and Warrior Madness mean little as MM can go intangible to defeat all of Thor's physical attacks.

MM can then attack Thor psionically while remaining intangible.

"

Yes i agree. He can also go invisible. You can't hit what you can't see.

#26 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Terminal Velocity says:

"The_Creator says:
"LegendaryKYJ says:
How do you figure that Thor has more endurance than MM ? MM has been shown to have endurance at similar levels to Superman who canoperate for weeks to months without sleep. The God Blast and Warrior Madness mean little as MM can go intangible to defeat all of Thor's physical attacks. MM can then attack Thor psionically while remaining intangible. "
Yes i agree. He can also go invisible. You can't hit what you can't see."

Not just invisible but intangible - attacks will simply just pass through him.

#27 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

A small example of Thors endurance is him fighting off Ragonorak over and over and over in thant endless cycle on a constant battle.

#28 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"A small example of Thors endurance is him fighting off Ragonorak over and over and over in thant endless cycle on a constant battle."

And we have seen him enagage in constant fighting for weeks but look totally drained - this has been shown ans commented on in the Avengers. However for the purpose of this fight which I do not think will take weeks let alone months to conclude, Thor does not possess greater endurance. Both should be considered equal as it will not effect the outcome.

#29 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

MM's key to winning this fight IMO is to use his mental powers to keep Thor from reaching Warriors Madness, and since this is Classic Thor I think that eventualy he will succed.

My memory is a bit shotty, but was Thor around when the whole Onslaught thing happened? That era of books might help show his resistance if any against a strong mental opponet. I honestly do not rememebr if he got sucked into that new reality thing.

#30 Posted by LegendaryKYJ (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Terminal Velocity says:
"The_Creator says:
"LegendaryKYJ says:
How do you figure that Thor has more endurance than MM ? MM has been shown to have endurance at similar levels to Superman who canoperate for weeks to months without sleep. The God Blast and Warrior Madness mean little as MM can go intangible to defeat all of Thor's physical attacks. MM can then attack Thor psionically while remaining intangible. "
Yes i agree. He can also go invisible. You can't hit what you can't see."

Not just invisible but intangible - attacks will simply just pass through him.

"

Because Thor evenly trades blows with Hulk, and Banner Hulk is superior in strength to Superman and MM. Unless you can name me an instance comparable to the two destroying a meteor twice the size of Earth in a single punch.

#31 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

LegendaryKYJ says:

"Because Thor evenly trades blows with Hulk, and Banner Hulk is superior in strength to Superman and MM. Unless you can name me an instance comparable to the two destroying a meteor twice the size of Earth in a single punch."

This is ridiculous.

#32 Posted by LegendaryKYJ (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"LegendaryKYJ says:
"Because Thor evenly trades blows with Hulk, and Banner Hulk is superior in strength to Superman and MM. Unless you can name me an instance comparable to the two destroying a meteor twice the size of Earth in a single punch."

This is ridiculous."

Bring on the bat-saw.

#33 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really only familiar with the Thor from actual mythology, so this might not be much help, but in the myths he is easily ensnared by a jotuns magic/mind powers where the jotun cast all sorts of illusions on Thor and humiliated him. MM might do the same thing.

#34 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"MM's key to winning this fight IMO is to use his mental powers to keep Thor from reaching Warriors Madness, and since this is Classic Thor I think that eventualy he will succed. My memory is a bit shotty, but was Thor around when the whole Onslaught thing happened? That era of books might help show his resistance if any against a strong mental opponet. I honestly do not rememebr if he got sucked into that new reality thing."

Yes, he was around for onslaught, and did jump into onslaught with the rest of the heroes! in fact, it was him who saved franklin richards from doom when they were returning back to the regular marvel U!

#35 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

LegendaryKYJ says:

"Bring on the bat-saw."

He should have.

#36 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"LegendaryKYJ says:
"Bring on the bat-saw."
He should have."

whats the batsaw?

#37 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Forever says:
"LegendaryKYJ says:
"Bring on the bat-saw."
He should have."

whats the batsaw?"

Physically it's just an avatar Buckshot uses, but KYJ was alluding to Buckshot cutting through his statement and exposing the flaws.

#38 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"lordraiden says:
"Forever says:
"LegendaryKYJ says:
"Bring on the bat-saw."
He should have."
whats the batsaw?"
Physically it's just an avatar Buckshot uses, but KYJ was alluding to Buckshot cutting through his statement and exposing the flaws."

cool! I like his analysis!

#39 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Pregunta. If Marvel loaned Thor to DC for a year how do you think he would be depicted? Would he be on a different tier alltogether up there with Supes , MM, and the like when DC had to hand him back over.

Just curious because I feel he would be brought up to DC big gun level because his story, mythos insinuates it, demands it.

I really feel DC's gauge for power on the whole is turned up some notches. This point has been made numerous times, but in fights like this it is ignored , more often than not.

#40 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk's not on MM's or Superman's levels to start with (because DC chooses to give, Superman, at least, the "infinite" level of strength, with no apparent limit...._, but has the, y'know, potential and all that.

Hulk punched a meteor the size of Earth in two.....Superman (worst writing I have ever seen right here) has lifted a black hole core-those things are equal in weight and density to 1,000,000 suns. I'm still sickened by that.

#41 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"LegendaryKYJ says:
" Because Thor evenly trades blows with Hulk, and Banner Hulk is superior in strength to Superman and MM. Unless you can name me an instance comparable to the two destroying a meteor twice the size of Earth in a single punch."
This is ridiculous."

Could not agree more.

Thats why I avoid certain battles now.

#42 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Sling Shot says:

"Pregunta. If Marvel loaned Thor to DC for a year how do you think he would be depicted? Would he be on a different tier alltogether up there with Supes , MM, and the like when DC had to hand him back over. Just curious because I feel he would be brought up to DC big gun level because his story, mythos insinuates it, demands it. I really feel DC's gauge for power on the whole is turned up some notches. This point has been made numerous times, but in fights like this it is ignored , more often than not. "

Current thor, I think would not only give supes a run for his money, but would be too strong even for superman! current thor would prolly hand with the likes of Lord Marvel, not sure quite on the same strength level, but he could hang! hold on, if he has the odinforce, then definately hang, if he has rune magic, which i don't think he has since his return, then he's still way potent then supes and the like!

#43 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

He may be faster and have the mental abilities, but no way is he stronger. He's no where near Superman. Thor has faced characters like him before and has won. Thor all the way. He is a god.

#44 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

quick question...

is Thor vulnerable to mental attacks?

if so, MM easily has this. he just stays intangible so Thor can't touch him with anything and uses his mental powers to destroy Thors mind.

M

#45 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"quick question... is Thor vulnerable to mental attacks? if so, MM easily has this. he just stays intangible so Thor can't touch him with anything and uses his mental powers to destroy Thors mind. M"

In battles with other mental characters he seemed very resistant. I always figured it was due to his strength of will.

#46 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

risistant doesn't mean much... if he's vulnerable to the attack, then MM can just stay intangible as long as it takes to finish him off, and Thor can't do a damn thing about it.

M

#47 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"risistant doesn't mean much... if he's vulnerable to the attack, then MM can just stay intangible as long as it takes to finish him off, and Thor can't do a damn thing about it. M"

Xavier has said the Hulk is vulnerable but it never stopped him

#48 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually know Thor pretty well, so tell me, how is he going to hit something that is intangible?

M

#49 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"quick question... is Thor vulnerable to mental attacks? if so, MM easily has this. he just stays intangible so Thor can't touch him with anything and uses his mental powers to destroy Thors mind. M"

Is he vulnerable to mental attacks? to a certain degree, yes! but as stated before, thor has gone up against telepaths, other gods, galactus and celestials! (he even cracked the armour of a celestial with his godblast) and MM's intangibility can be countered! people sometimes forget about thors other abilities other than punching someone in the face or hurling his hammer! like alpha stated, it seems alot of people forget that he is a god! he has been around for thousands of years and had heaps of battle experience! thor does have counters to telepaths, and other abilities like invisibility and intangibility! people who come in and just say mm comes in and goes intangable or uses his telepathy havn't obviously thought about it and not read up on thor (or who ever the other oponent is)

#50 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Methos says:
"risistant doesn't mean much... if he's vulnerable to the attack, then MM can just stay intangible as long as it takes to finish him off, and Thor can't do a damn thing about it. M"
Xavier has said the Hulk is vulnerable but it never stopped him"

Well put! there's always counters and resistence! it all depends on the battle and the oppenents! no one just walks into these battles and uses one of there powers and thats all she wrote!