Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Current versions of both characters.

Win by all conventional means

Fight takes place in the desert.

No BFR.

Morals are on as they apply (In character)

Who wins and why?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Bump

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I am doing my best to promote Top Cow threads here=)

So, I think this battle comes down to the telepathy issue like in the Luke thread. He has shown resistance to someone capable of basically telepathic leaching and was able to temporarily overcome the siren song of a celestial being.

MM suffers the same problem most do when fighting the Darkness, they have no real way to put it or keep down. I know he has some pretty insane regen, but the Darkness can keep up the damage continuously with manipulating the darkness on the inside, and he doesn't even need to tag nor touch MM to do it. He also has his endless army as well. Both can shapeshift. MM could go intangible, but all that will do is prolong the fight. MM does take it in the strength (honestly, we don't know the Darkness' max strength, we know it is in the tons, but by known feats, he might be between 10-20 tons -- there isn't enough intel to put him much higher) and the speed department.

But it all boils down to the fact that he has no way to put the Darkness down without telepathy. I'd say after a long fought battle, the Darkness takes it, unless someone comes up with a way the MM can win.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@wyldsong: The Darkness told Jackie that he can move planets if he use the The Darkness at it fullest

Avatar image for dragonescarlata
dragonescarlata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Does The Darkness still looses his power with sunlight? If so, maybe J'onn can hold his ground until the sunrise and take on Jackie in his human form.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does The Darkness still looses his power with sunlight? If so, maybe J'onn can hold his ground until the sunrise and take on Jackie in his human form.

He doesn't lose them in sunlight anymore, so no that plan won't work I'm afraid

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Darkness.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: The Darkness told Jackie that he can move planets if he use the The Darkness at it fullest

Jackie never got reach that point though. As for this new entity, we don't know it's limits. I think if Jackie ever reached that point with the darkness though (he will, I assume, take it back), moving a planet would be less about strength and more about utilizing the darkness in/on/around the planet to move it. As for strength though, I believe Jackie has the potential to be very strong with the darkness (and dopple-Jackie really doesn't have much to pull from, though I am a few issues behind), but actual proven feat wise, MM takes it in the strength department. Which is fine, the Darkness doesn't need physical strength to win a fight.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say MM because Jackie has never faced a telepath on the level of MM.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Then Darkness because I do see how MM can mind control that.