This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by batfan24 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this has been done before but I don't think MM can actually beat Superman.

reason 1 because couldn't superman just speed up his thinking so MM couldn't keep up with it

reason 2 heat or fire is a mental weakness, not a physical weakness so couldn't the heat still hurt MM if he went intangible

#2 Posted by russellmania77 (14628 posts) - - Show Bio

so this isn't actually a battle discussion its just your opinion on who would win?

#3 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Well u r wrong, MMH has enough speed to keep up with superman and also there is a comic where MMH is going against the new 52 justice league super seven, ALL OF THEM! All at one time.

#4 Posted by Kario1 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

MM can beat superman, not just physically, but mentally as well. His strength is on par with Supes if not greater. He could easily beat superman

#5 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20373 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed: Superman

Strenght: Superman

Smarts: Superman

Fighting Skills: Superman

Heat Vision: Superman

Freeze Breath: Superman

Versatility: MMH

the only reasons MMH would win is telepathy and intangability.

#6 Posted by batfan24 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

superman has moved planets and MM is nowhere near as fast as him

#7 Edited by dondave (34756 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can't hit intangible object's as shown with his fight with Anguish and is still susceptible to Telepathy as shown by Captain Atom

#8 Posted by batfan24 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Fire or heat is a mental weakness to the Martians so if Superman shot his hit vision wouldn't it still be able to hurt MM even if he was intangible and couldn't he just speed up his thinks so MM couldn't use telepathic attacks

#9 Posted by Kario1 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all I think you mean thoughts lol, second, MM is highly trained in telepathy, he reached Spectre's mind. Also, he read every mind on the Earth. His telepathy is nothing to fool with. Plus, his physical skills are not far behind Supes.

#10 Posted by inchiso (147 posts) - - Show Bio

MM is the strongest in justice league - Batman himself said it.

#11 Posted by SHARKBEARAGATOR (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@batfan24: MMH has phased through heat vision before.

Superman has never accelerated his mental process to avoid J'onn's telepathy before so doubt he would do it.

New 52 Superman's reaction speed is poor and can't keep up with J'onn who has already speed blitzed enemies who speed blitzed Superman.

Supes can't hit J'onn isn't much stronger than J'onn, not really faster and his telepathy resistance leaves him vulnerable

/thread

#13 Posted by New_World_Order (12650 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Flashpoint Martian Manhunter could beat Superman, but when it's New 52 versions, Superman wins.

#14 Posted by New_World_Order (12650 posts) - - Show Bio

@inchiso said:

MM is the strongest in justice league - Batman himself said it.

When?

#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

@batfan24 said:

I know this has been done before but I don't think MM can actually beat Superman.

reason 1 because couldn't superman just speed up his thinking so MM couldn't keep up with it

reason 2 heat or fire is a mental weakness, not a physical weakness so couldn't the heat still hurt MM if he went intangible

In the future, don't make battles that A. you know have been done before or B. you're making with a winner in mind/just to prove a point. That's knowingly creating a dupe and also making a spite thread at the same time, which is against the rules.