Martian Manhunter vs. OF Thor

• 156 results
EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Poll Martian Manhunter vs. OF Thor (163 votes)

Martian Manhunter 33%
OF Thor 64%

This sparked some debate over on a Justice League v. Avengers thread, so I decided to bring it out as it's own question.

Rules

• No BFR
  • Pre-52 MMH
  • Win by any means (other than BFR)
  • Fight takes place in New York City

• 
dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

J'onn

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't see how OF changes anything. MMH blitzes,TP, intangibility, unlimited regeneration, etc.

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgardian with OF...

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regardless of the version of Thor, MMH's TP is enough to handle him.

Jmarshmallow

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

That's basically how I felt.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OF Thor stomps, time manipulation; and stomps him from there.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sorry but OF?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Doubt TP would work. Thor resisted Emma Frost with phoenix force & resisted Rachel Grey, as well as Glory & The Corrupter the second time

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uugieboogie
EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Doubt TP would work. Thor resisted Emma Frost with phoenix force & resisted Rachel Grey, as well as Glory & The Corrupter the second time

Its debateable I suppose. Obviously different characters have different levels of TP.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@uugieboogie said:

@eyedcyou said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Its debateable I suppose. Obviously different characters have different levels of TP.

True, but I don't think MMH is on par with someone who has a portion of the PF though

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere said:

He never showed time manipulation @kingant27:

Think he may be referring to King Thor that took over earth. After he came to his senses he wet back in time & changed. Regular Thor had Time Manipulation too wayyyy back when

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Thor should win based on him being a god that could create enchanted things that would give him a lot of MMH's abilities or at least protection against him.

That being said I think without prep MMH could take him

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thedailybagel  Moderator

How is this vote close?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Id say that MMH has better feats than Emma Frost with Phoenix Force does.

Jmarshmallow

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Id say that MMH has better feats than Emma Frost with Phoenix Force does.

Jmarshmallow

Eh, its debatable.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this vote close?

They either think his TP will work or they think he'll speed blitz him.

ForneverStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ForneverStar

Martian manhunter would win

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thedailybagel  Moderator

@uugieboogie: it's not even that. I assume it's just people assuming dc powerhouse superiority over marvel powerhouses. Whilst I agree that's normally true thor has the odin force here, you make a thread that pits odin against MM and people would be screaming spite.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: it's not even that. I assume it's just people assuming dc powerhouse superiority over marvel powerhouses. Whilst I agree that's normally true thor has the odin force here, you make a thread that pits odin against MM and people would be screaming spite.

The thing just saying "OF Thor" or "Thor /OF" is hard to have in a fight. It could mean just Thor wielding the OF or Thor in full control of the OF which would basically be like King Thor.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thedailybagel  Moderator
Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: How is it debatable?

What's Emma Frosts best TP feat with the Phoenix Force?

Jmarshmallow

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel said:

The thing just saying "OF Thor" or "Thor /OF" is hard to have in a fight. It could mean just Thor wielding the OF or Thor in full control of the OF which would basically be like King Thor.

Yeah, this is NOT King Thor. He is only wielding the force.

This isn't a DC v. Marvel issue, read the OP and see where it is derived from.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: they're pretty much the same thing.

Not really I think Thor with the OF best feat was beating Bor probably

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheMagicStik

@thedailybagel: Odin has a lot of classic feats with the Odin Force that make him at least a Galaxy buster, King Thor doesn't have anything close besides maybe statements and he will never have feats close to Odin because in modern times the OF/TF isn't that powerful. Regular Thor with the Odin Force is like a baby wielding the OF, it also doesn't make him less slow or more durable just more powerful.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@uugieboogie said:

@thedailybagel said:

I know where it came from, lol i was on that thread. I think OF Thor best feat was killing Bor probably

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@uugieboogie said:

@thedailybagel said:

I know where it came from, lol i was on that thread. I think OF Thor best feat was killing Bor probably

The second part of that comment was meant for @thedailybagel lol

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OF Thor stomps

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@eyedcyou said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Street levelers like Madcap have effortlessly beaten Thor with telepathy more recently. There's no reason TP wouldn't work outside of bizarre nonsense like the minds of gods being immune to telepathy even though it's happened to Thor at least a dozen times, and many times more to other gods. Moondragon isn't even as powerful as regular Emma, forget Phoenix Emma, and she turned Thor into her sex slave with telepathy, and that's not including the time her powers were nerfed and she still solo'd Thor and the entire Avengers lineup with one telepathic attack.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Odin has a lot of classic feats with the Odin Force that make him at least a Galaxy buster, King Thor doesn't have anything close besides maybe statements and he will never have feats close to Odin because in modern times the OF/TF isn't that powerful. Regular Thor with the Odin Force is like a baby wielding the OF, it also doesn't make him less slow or more durable just more powerful.

Which King Thor are you referring to? & what makes you think the OF/TF isn't as powerful anymore? & he vould be a baby wielding it but he was able to kill Bor. & it does make him more durable technically. In his fight with Bor, after Bor attacked him Thor stated if it wasn't for the OF he would've been dead

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheMagicStik

@uugieboogie: Odin has had fights that were casually destroying Galaxies and shaking the entire Multiverse. King Thor with 2 extra Thors lost to Gorr and none of them displayed power much above planetary let alone solar system or Galaxy.

If King Thor was classic Odin level you could throw in 1000 Thors and it wouldn't have been a deciding factor when he obliterated Gorr.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@uugieboogie said:

@eyedcyou said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Street levelers like Madcap have effortlessly beaten Thor with telepathy more recently. There's no reason TP wouldn't work outside of bizarre nonsense like the minds of gods being immune to telepathy even though it's happened to Thor at least a dozen times, and many times more to other gods. Moondragon isn't even as powerful as regular Emma, forget Phoenix Emma, and she turned Thor into her sex slave with telepathy, and that's not including the time her powers were nerfed and she still solo'd Thor and the entire Avengers lineup with one telepathic attack.

It varies, he resisted Rachel Grey & The Corruptor too. Glory had trouble getting into his mind. I never said it wouldn't work because he was god though.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: MMH is a powerful enough telepath to suggest that, even if Thor has high and low showings of TP resistance, MMH can definitely mindrape him.

Jmarshmallow

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how OF changes anything. MMH blitzes,TP, intangibility, unlimited regeneration, etc.

Jmarshmallow

@saren said:

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Odin has had fights that were casually destroying Galaxies and shaking the entire Multiverse. King Thor with 2 extra Thors lost to Gorr and none of them displayed power much above planetary let alone solar system or Galaxy.

If King Thor was classic Odin level you could throw in 1000 Thors and it wouldn't have been a deciding factor when he obliterated Gorr.

• The fight with Gorr was different, the weapon he had was made specifically to kill Gods.
  • OKT hasn't had enough showings. He did a lot better against Galactus than Odin did. Odin KO'd himself & went into the Odin sleep. Thor fought a lot longer before getting KO'd & having to get the necrosword
  • The King Thor I think dailybagal was referring to is the non canon one that killed The Thing & Hulk at the sametime while having his connection to the OF temporarily cut by Dr Strange. The same King Thor that took over earth.
  • The part of your post doesn't make sense
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#40  Edited By Saren

@saren said:

@uugieboogie said:

@eyedcyou said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

It varies, he resisted Rachel Grey & The Corruptor too. Glory had trouble getting into his mind. I never said it wouldn't work because he was god though.

Well if you offered Emma and Rachel as examples, then it was tantamount to saying so, because that was the explanation given for Thor's resistance both times.

No Caption Provided

I'm not sure why the Corruptor is even being offered as an example; he's a nobody who has no business fighting Thor in the first place, unless we're talking about a different Corruptor. I don't remember how the Glory fight went down, so I'll just give Thor that because I'm too lazy to look it up.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheMagicStik

@uugieboogie:

The Necrosword was made to kill God's but it didn't nerf the Power of the gods. If he snuck up behind OKT and chopped his head off or something like that it would have made sense.

Everybody did better against Galactus, the one Thor girl with Stormbreaker practically blew Galactus's head off with next to 0 exp with Stormbreaker.

What I was trying to say with my last post is that if OKT was Odin level then he would have obliterated Gorr with a single blast along with half the galaxy and 1000 alternate Thors would not have mattered in the fight (like 2 did in the series).

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By uugieboogie

@saren said:

@uugieboogie said:

@saren said:

@uugieboogie said:

@eyedcyou said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

Well if you offered Emma and Rachel as examples, then it was tantamount to saying so, because that was the explanation given for Thor's resistance both times.

No Caption Provided

I'm not sure why the Corruptor is even being offered as an example; he's a nobody who has no business fighting Thor in the first place, unless we're talking about a different Corruptor. I don't remember how the Glory fight went down, so I'll just give Thor that because I'm too lazy to look it up.

Most of the times he resist TP that his excuse. When Moondragon took hold of him he was able to shake himself. Rachel couldn't get into his head but he was temporarily KO'd by an amped Cable & Prof X but than he was able to hold out against Onslaught. But then he was confused by Red Skull using Prof X mind. Most of the time he resist its stated its because he's a god. That's not why I personally think he resistant it just depends on the writer.I can't be sure but I think DS Sentry was trying to get inside his mind too.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By uugieboogie

@uugieboogie:

The Necrosword was made to kill God's but it didn't nerf the Power of the gods. If he snuck up behind OKT and chopped his head off or something like that it would have made sense.

Everybody did better against Galactus, the one Thor girl with Stormbreaker practically blew Galactus's head off with next to 0 exp with Stormbreaker.

What I was trying to say with my last post is that if OKT was Odin level then he would have obliterated Gorr with a single blast along with half the galaxy and 1000 alternate Thors would not have mattered in the fight (like 2 did in the series).

• It was just a massive amp to whoever used it & had an affect on Gods.
  • Gorr wasn't a regular villian & Odin never fought anyone like that. Odin didn't fight someone who had a weapon that was made to kill Gods. He didn't fight someone who had a weapon that gave the user more power with each god it killed. He was killing gods for thousands of years, you can't be sure how many gods he killed & how much power he got from killing them. You can't assume Odin would've done better when he's never fought someone like that.
ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

time manipulation

KungFuPurp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martian Manhunter has enough to take out Thor . The case is always who's hands you put it in , I mean it can go either way to me .. I voted for The Martian MANHUNTER .. Telekinesis, invulnerability , Genius Level Intellect , Telepathy , Invisibility .....................

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie He only shook himself off Moondragon's TP after she'd forced him to have sex with her and had him fight the Avengers. It wasn't after they continually insulted him that he broke free. DSS had no problem getting into Thor's mind, Thor was instead telling him to get out of his mind. He didn't resist Glory either, it was Donald Blake and the other woman praying that that stopped Glory.

As for P5 Emma Frost, her telepathy was terrible. She couldn't even make Red Hulk kills himself while he was still in his human form.

nova_prime76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nova_prime76

Odin Force Thor curbstomps. Time and matter manipulation comes with having the Odin force. Telepathy? won't work. Many great telepaths have tried. Odin Force also grants Thor, just like Odin with vast telepathic abilities. Odin has better telepathic feats than MM. Just the overwhelming power of the Odin Force is too much for any justice league member...even the Martian.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Thor

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points