• 64 results
#1 Edited by giantsfan576 (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

NO MIND RAPE AGAINST ZOD AND NO FIRE WEAKNESS FOR MARTIAN MANHUNTER

No prep

Standard versions of each character (except no mind rape or vulnerability to fire)

Morals on

Fight takes place in Gotham

No BFR

Win by KO submission death etc

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by High_Father_BatGod (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I would still give the upper hand to Martian ManHunter due to intangibility

#3 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

A GENERAL ZOD THREAD?!

#4 Posted by giantsfan576 (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Yes. Who do you think will win?

#5 Posted by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

#6 Posted by Equonox (956 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH still stomps - intangibility and shape shifting on top of matching all of Zod's powers.

#7 Edited by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

MMH still stomps - intangibility and shape shifting on top of matching all of Zod's powers.

Z I J U U N

#8 Posted by dondave (27135 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

#9 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Under these circumstances and with no telepathy for Martian Manhunter ... General Zod stomps! Think about it!

#10 Posted by giantsfan576 (1057 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

How so?

In Gotham City? With morals on and no telepathy?

Without telepathy Martian Manhunter can't end the fight quickly. His intangibility gives him a good advantage, but the morals are limiting him.
General Zod does not have morals. Or at least not towards Earthlings. He would grab innocent bystanders and threaten their lifes. He would force Martian Manhunter to become tangible again and then attack him with Heat Vision and so on.
I can really see General Zod pulling off something like that and ultimately winning, because of cheap tactics like these.

Such fights should always take place in unpopulated areas to avoid such a strategy, if one of the characters has morals and the other one doesn't give a damn about innocents.

#12 Edited by hardcorefakes (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

...Except Zod is stronger and faster, I assume? So without mind rape, how the hell is this a stomp? Since morals are on, what's J'onn going to do? Float through him to death?

#13 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8815 posts) - - Show Bio

Under these conditions Zod should win. The only true advantage MM has over him is telepathy. The intangibility will make this fight tricky, but not impossible to win

#14 Edited by giantsfan576 (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: If you read heat vision wouldn't affect MMH. Fire weakness is off. And I keep morals on because it gives heroes an unfair aadvantage if their off. The good guys usually win. Making them bloodlusted isn't fair.

#15 Posted by XiiX (4855 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by dondave (27135 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Morals On doesn't mean he won't kill, he killed his brother and he wasn't bloodlusted. If he feels he needs to kill his opponent he will do it

#17 Posted by BigCimmerian (7589 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter destroys him easily.

#18 Posted by logy5000 (5526 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are crazy. J'onn may have the same powers, but they're not as high as Zod's. Zod is faster, stronger, and more durable. Intangibility really can't do anything against Zod except make him harder to hit.

Zod wins.

#19 Posted by checkawrz (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals on for MMH is only a small factor because time and time again he has shown that he can make the ultimate sacrifice for the greater good, so if he sees Zod as the major threat that he is then MMH will not hesitate to go all out.

#20 Posted by oceanmaster21 (6350 posts) - - Show Bio

mm wins

#21 Edited by Perethorn (2815 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhunter wins and eats an oreo

#22 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

If you read heat vision wouldn't affect MMH. Fire weakness is off. And I keep morals on because it gives heroes an unfair aadvantage if their off. The good guys usually win. Making them bloodlusted isn't fair.

Just because his fire weakness is off, doesn't mean that the heat vision won't hurt him. The heat vision hurts everyone, even the Martian Manhunter.
And his weakness fire came through "mental issues" anyways, from what I know.

@dondave said:

Morals On doesn't mean he won't kill, he killed his brother and he wasn't bloodlusted. If he feels he needs to kill his opponent he will do it

It's not about him not being willing to kill Zod, but more about him not being willing to sacrifice other peoples lives to win the fight.
I don't see Martian Manhunter laughing at Zod and attacking him, while Zod holds hostages, but I can see the opposite: Martian Manhunter sacrificing himself and knowing that someone else will stop him.

Of course one would say: "What kind of an approach is that, dude?"
Well ... no telepathy, in a populated area with morals on in a comic book? These are the rules in this fight and General Zod can take full advantage of it, just like Aquaman would be in an advantage, if he is near water.

#23 Posted by dondave (27135 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:
@giantsfan576 said:

If you read heat vision wouldn't affect MMH. Fire weakness is off. And I keep morals on because it gives heroes an unfair aadvantage if their off. The good guys usually win. Making them bloodlusted isn't fair.

Just because his fire weakness is off, doesn't mean that the heat vision won't hurt him. The heat vision hurts everyone, even the Martian Manhunter.

And his weakness fire came through "mental issues" anyways, from what I know.

Heat Vision doesn't affect him when he's intangible

#24 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio
@dondave said:

Heat Vision doesn't affect him when he's intangible

He won't be intangible, when General Zod warps his hands around the neck of a Gotham City kid and tells him to leave his intangibility, or else the child dies.

In a fight in space with at least intangibility Martian Manhunter wins. With telepathy he stomps.
In a fight in a populated area with morals on even Martian Manhunter has his limits, when it comes to morals.

He won't be able to kill Zod quick enough to avoid casualties - he knows that, I know that and you know that.

#25 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8815 posts) - - Show Bio

Can MM even attack when intangible? I know he can pull the hand-through-the-head trick but Zod could easily just keep his distance. Zod is a Military General. It's safe to assume he would have some battle tactics

#26 Edited by TJSH96 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian-Manhunter easily. Even though you took away Martian Manhunters mind-control ability, Martian Manhunter still has a plethora of other abilities that Martian Manhunter could use to beat General Zod. No Kryptonian can beat Martian Manhunter, that includes Superman.

#27 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (10240 posts) - - Show Bio

J'onn stomps. Zod can't even harm him significantly due to shape shifting and healing factor....Hand through the dome FTW

#28 Posted by GhostRavage (7598 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter is not weak to fire... Actually, his true form is... fire...

#29 Edited by Saren (24391 posts) - - Show Bio

Have any of the people claiming Zod wins even bothered reading anything with him in it or keeping track of the versions? Johns' Zod was the last canonical version and he was not stronger or faster than Martian Manhunter ---- seriously, have fun trying to find a single feat to support that ---- for whatever reason, be it lesser experience with his powers or less exposure to sunlight, he was substantially weaker than Superman. Clark basically one-shotted him in Last Son when he stopped holding back and it took Zod + 4 or 5 other Kryptonians just to restrain Superman in War of the Supermen.

But please, keep insisting Zod is physically superior or even physically comparable with nothing to base that off.

Moderator Online
#30 Posted by IamTheLaw85 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

MM, i know the Zod love levels in this thread is high but dang.. lol hope youre joking with the Zod > MM thing

#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (13737 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod is nowhere near the power level of Martian Manhunter.He gets owned and whoever says otherwise doesn't know a thing for both characters.

#32 Posted by Equonox (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000:

@equonox said:

...Except Zod is stronger and faster, I assume? So without mind rape, how the hell is this a stomp? Since morals are on, what's J'onn going to do? Float through him to death?

Yes: JLA #1, MMH Backup Story, phased his hand through a guy's head in the last panel, killed him instantaneously. Scans after work. He can also make parts of his body intangible while other parts tangible, ie dodging attacks while still attacking:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/59855/2302968-justiceleague_8_thegroup_022.jpg

My question to you: what's Zod going to do to MMH? Intangibility plus he can shape shift to remove any damage that's inflicted. Also, what evidence do you have that Zod is stronger or faster? MMH's strength has always been shown to be on par with Superman's, and I don't think Zod has EVER displayed any combat speed feats.

#33 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (10240 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

I don't think Zod has EVER displayed any combat speed feats.

Russian Zod has

#34 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2179 posts) - - Show Bio

Until I see how Zod gets around Jonn's intangibility, MM ftw

#35 Posted by dondave (27135 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:

I don't think Zod has EVER displayed any combat speed feats.

Russian Zod has

That's a totally different character however

#36 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (10240 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by giantsfan576 (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

still mixed responses bump

#38 Edited by DrunkVader (795 posts) - - Show Bio

j'onn waffle stomps zod hes stronger than supes with a f**K ton of other powers hes probably the closest thing to ultimate badass that dc has

#39 Posted by johnnyatom321 (11 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by giantsfan576 (1057 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone else?

#41 Edited by abhilegend (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

Not a superman feat but a confused and n00b Zod nearly kills Martian Manhunter in a few punches in a blitz.

Go j'onn, go.

#42 Posted by bflynn316 (591 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's pretty close. But what powers does Zod have that MM doesn't have, plus more?

#43 Posted by green_skaar (4105 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

@abhilegend said:

Not a superman feat but a confused and n00b Zod nearly kills Martian Manhunter in a few punches in a blitz.

Go j'onn, go.

Read that yesterday, was pretty impressive on Zod's part.

#44 Edited by Mxyzptlk_CV (901 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar said:

@abhilegend said:

Bump.

@abhilegend said:

Go j'onn, go.

Read that yesterday, was pretty impressive on Zod's part.

It's been proven then...Zod wins :)

#45 Posted by New_World_Order (11210 posts) - - Show Bio

The way General Zod punched Martian Manhunter repeatedly in the face (Superman/Wonder Woman #3) had me laughing. He just jumped on him and wham, wham, wham, wham, lol.

#46 Posted by abhilegend (84 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's pretty close. But what powers does Zod have that MM doesn't have, plus more?

Not getting almost killed in a few punches would be top on the list.

#47 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

ZOD! MM without telepathy got nothing on a Kryptonian. Intangibility is a minor annoyance.

#48 Edited by bflynn316 (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@bflynn316 said:

Touche, but I don't think Zod could kill him like that, his healing is insane. And J'onn got surprise attacked in both the times he got hit by Zod. However, it does seem Zod is faster and stronger than Martian Manhunter in those scans. I really think it would be close.

#49 Edited by King Saturn (222845 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter's versatility should get him to a win here...

#50 Edited by abhilegend (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@abhilegend said:

@bflynn316 said:

Touche, but I don't think Zod could kill him like that, his healing is insane. And J'onn got surprise attacked in both the times he got hit by Zod. However, it does seem Zod is faster and stronger than Martian Manhunter in those scans. I really think it would be close.

Except that's what happened in the comic. You could go all HF and what not, it wouldn't change the fact that Zod almost killed him with a few punches after blitzing him. Case closed.