Martian Manhunter vs Doomsday

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By vuviper

I know it's happened before, as I like to say, just because it happened one way in comics, doesn't mean that's how it should happen if both were using the full extent of their abilities.
 So MM vs DD

1. Assuming MM is still afraid of fire
2. Assuming MM is no longer afraid of fire.

This is MM before he died btw, not the BL

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

I'm not sure what J'onn could do to beat Doomsday. His telepathy would be ineffective, so would his speed and strength. The best he could to is turn intangible and sit Doomsday out, but I have a feeling he would still get more tired than a rampaging Doomsday.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Static Shock

Co-signed.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
And tripled.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vuviper
@AtPhantom said:
" I'm not sure what J'onn could do to beat Doomsday. His telepathy would be ineffective, so would his speed and strength. The best he could to is turn intangible and sit Doomsday out, but I have a feeling he would still get more tired than a rampaging Doomsday. "
I'm having trouble thinking about strategies for J'onn to take doomsday as well, I think I'm going to make it the Death of superman Doomsday, so it wouldn't take as much physical trauma to kill it...actually then i feel like it would be too easy...

He could augment his strength and invulnerability with his variable density and size to match doomsday I think...But that doesn't actually allow him to beat him...
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vuviper

He could also go bigger if he want, I'm just not sure if it's a good strategy because i don't know if it effects his speed.

No Caption Provided
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AtPhantom
@vuviper said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" I'm not sure what J'onn could do to beat Doomsday. His telepathy would be ineffective, so would his speed and strength. The best he could to is turn intangible and sit Doomsday out, but I have a feeling he would still get more tired than a rampaging Doomsday. "
I'm having trouble thinking about strategies for J'onn to take doomsday as well, I think I'm going to make it the Death of superman Doomsday, so it wouldn't take as much physical trauma to kill it...actually then i feel like it would be too easy...  He could augment his strength and invulnerability with his variable density and size to match doomsday I think...But that doesn't actually allow him to beat him... "
Has he displayed this ability pushed to the level of someone like Doomsday?
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vuviper
@AtPhantom: Not sure, the only time I remember him fighting someone of note with increased size is as Fernus, so it's not a perfect example. But theoretically it should work.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AtPhantom
@vuviper said:
" @AtPhantom: Not sure, the only time I remember him fighting someone of note with increased size is as Fernus, so it's not a perfect example. But theoretically it should work. "
Well theoretically. But it's still a leap.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vuviper
@AtPhantom: Yeah, its very specualtive, but Doomsdays abilities aren't granted by some magic or outside source, they are granted by his physiology which MM can change so it should work. Especially when you take into account variable density

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I think I also have a statement of him saying he con modify his physiology on a molecular level somewhere.
Settlers of Catan BBL
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Strafe Prower

Nice job vuviper :)
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vuviper
@Strafe Prower: Thanks Strafe, :-) but it's still more of a thing that he should be able to do that we don't really know if he is capable of doing
King_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By King_Thor

I've always felt MM to be DC's ultimate superhero...even over Supes.  Nevertheless, Doomsday was created to adapt to any situation.  I see Martian Manhunter's main advantages here to be invisibility and intangibility.  I suppose Doomsday could develop vision that would enable him to see MM...I don't know what he could do to adapt to his intangibility.  Of course, I don't see that that would matter...eventually, MM has to materialize to strike a blow.   

Doomsday for the win.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vuviper
@King_Thor said:
" I've always felt MM to be DC's ultimate superhero...even over Supes.  Nevertheless, Doomsday was created to adapt to any situation.  I see Martian Manhunter's main advantages here to be invisibility and intangibility.  I suppose Doomsday could develop vision that would enable him to see MM...I don't know what he could do to adapt to his intangibility.  Of course, I don't see that that would matter...eventually, MM has to materialize to strike a blow.    Doomsday for the win. "
I too think Doomsday would eventually adapt to compensate for all of MM's abilities, I don't know how long it will take and whether or not MM or DD dies first in the process