Martian Manhunter vs Captain Marvel vs Bizarro

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
This is a Triple Threat Fight every man for himself in a random encounter... so who wins here ?

caption
caption

caption
caption
caption
caption
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

martian manhunter

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
Nighthunter said:
"martian manhunter"
Yeah... I am leaning towards that Green Fellow winning too
One-Above-All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By One-Above-All

MM

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldmagic

i dunno....this is a little tough. Bizzarro is just stupid and unpredictable...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
oldmagic said:
"i dunno....this is a little tough. Bizzarro is just stupid and unpredictable..."
Indeed... and stupidity and unpredictable thoughts are exactly safe qualities to a Superman level character

lol
One-Above-All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By One-Above-All

This isn't Lord Marvel being used, is it?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
One-Above-All said:
"This isn't Lord Marvel being used, is it?"
No Sir. This is Captain Marvel aka Billy Baston (circa 1995)...

lol
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldmagic
King Saturn said:
"oldmagic said:
"i dunno....this is a little tough. Bizzarro is just stupid and unpredictable..."
Indeed... and stupidity and unpredictable thoughts are exactly safe qualities to a Superman level character

lol
"
Superman is controlled and could be predicted. It's the stupid/insane once you gotta watch out for.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
oldmagic said:
"King Saturn said:
"oldmagic said:

lol
"
Superman is controlled and could be predicted. It's the stupid/insane once you gotta watch out for."
Exactly... he doesnt really know his own strength cause he is too stupid too... and once he sees Martian Manhunter he will probably try to start chewing on his head thinking its a pickle or a big piece of green candy or something
One-Above-All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By One-Above-All

I don't think Bizarro has a defense against MM's telepathic attacks.

oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oldmagic
One-Above-All said:
"I don't think Bizarro has a defense against MM's telepathic attacks."
Does he?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
Well how well does telepathic attacks work against someone who is too dumb to realize he is being attacked mentally anyways
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Nighthunter
oldmagic said:
"King Saturn said:
"oldmagic said:

lol
"
Superman is controlled and could be predicted. It's the stupid/insane once you gotta watch out for."
yeah, being in full control of his powers is a weakness...

caption
caption
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Martian Manhunter with ease. Tell me if I need to explain that.

Rapist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rapist
Nighthunter said:
"martian manhunter"
lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lionheart

Bizarro

Ball Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ball Buster

MM for the win.He is the swiss pocket knife when it comes to super heros.

Scarlet Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Scarlet Thor

John....

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Static Shock

Martian Manhunter.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By King_Saturn
Buckshot said:
"Martian Manhunter with ease. Tell me if I need to explain that."
Really ? Well didnt Martian Manhunter have trouble fighting Black Adam in the World War 3 comic series ? And the last time I can recall...Captain Marvel was able to defeat Black Adam
Ball Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ball Buster
King Saturn said:
"Buckshot said:
Really ? Well didnt Martian Manhunter have trouble fighting Black Adam in the World War 3 comic series ? And the last time I can recall...Captain Marvel was able to defeat Black Adam "
Would you think it would happen again MM vs BA.?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By King_Saturn
Ball Buster said:
"King Saturn said:
"Buckshot said:
Really ? Well didnt Martian Manhunter have trouble fighting Black Adam in the World War 3 comic series ? And the last time I can recall...Captain Marvel was able to defeat Black Adam "
Would you think it would happen again MM vs BA.?"
Who knows ? But BA did give MM hell then... I mean there has to be some sort of validity to World War 3
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
King Saturn said:
"Buckshot said:
If Martian Manhunter was really fighting to the best of his ability, Captain Marvel wouldn't be able to hurt him. MM would use more of his powers, like intangibility. He was doing well against BA physically (melted his face with martian vision and smacked him around some while taking blows from BA that were meant to kill) and if he had used his intangibility, BA could never have attacked back. Since Captain Marvel can't attack in any way other than physical strikes that require something solid to hit, MM would be untouched but free to attack. Also, when fighting CM, MM wouldn't be inhibited by some bs he's-too-crazy/angry to be mentally attacked garbage. ("Garbage" because MM has been in every mind on the planet multiple times and been in the heads of gods and monsters, the "blackness" of Black Adam's mind shouldn't overwhelm him.)  He'd be able to  take CM mentally.  Even in the case of Black Adam he could have won (despite his abilities being held back). He had shut down Black Adam's control of his body. If he had attacked there instead of talking he would have won. If he had taken away his ability to think (which he threatened to do but didn't actually follow through on) he would have won.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By King_Saturn
Buckshot said:
"King Saturn said:
"Buckshot said:
If Martian Manhunter was really fighting to the best of his ability, Captain Marvel wouldn't be able to hurt him. MM would use more of his powers, like intangibility. He was doing well against BA physically (melted his face with martian vision and smacked him around some while taking blows from BA that were meant to kill) and if he had used his intangibility, BA could never have attacked back. Since Captain Marvel can't attack in any way other than physical strikes that require something solid to hit, MM would be untouched but free to attack. Also, when fighting CM, MM wouldn't be inhibited by some bs he's-too-crazy/angry to be mentally attacked garbage. ("Garbage" because MM has been in every mind on the planet multiple times and been in the heads of gods and monsters, the "blackness" of Black Adam's mind shouldn't overwhelm him.)  He'd be able to  take CM mentally.  Even in the case of Black Adam he could have won (despite his abilities being held back). He had shut down Black Adam's control of his body. If he had attacked there instead of talking he would have won. If he had taken away his ability to think (which he threatened to do but didn't actually follow through on) he would have won."
Indeed. Manhunter was holding back against Black Adam... and really Billy Baston isnt too much more physically demanding than Teth Adam... so I see what ya saying
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26  Edited By Zoom

BA could never have attacked him back?

I thought Martain Manhunter (like most phasers) had to be solid to attack.  Sure, it gives him a huge advantage, but attacking him isn't impossible.

EDIT: Good thread, KS.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By T.J. Magnum

Manhunter

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By King_Saturn
Zoom said:
"

I thought Martain Manhunter (like most phasers) had to be solid to attack.  Sure, it gives him a huge advantage, but attacking him isn't impossible.

"
Thanks

(=
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Zoom

Your welcome.

Personally, I see it as Bizarro > Martian Manhunter > Captain Marvel > Bizarro.

Not sure who to choose.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By King_Saturn
Zoom said:
"Your welcome.

Not sure who to choose."
Hmmm...so is Bizarro the strongest or the weakest here... cause you have him at the front and at the end of you equation
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Zoom said:
"

"
He'd need to be solid to attack with punches. He could use his psychic powers and possibly his martian vision (not sure) to attack while intangible though. To throw punches all he'd have to do is turn tangible for the second his hand is hitting someone and then just go intangible again. He could also use his shape shifting to become elastic so he'd still be solid (so he could attack when he wants to) but his body wouldn't be resisting blows enough to be hurt by them.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zoom

Well, he breathes fire and has gotten the best of "Marvin the Martian" before.  Wish I could find those scans.

I think all three of them are practically the same strength.  It's just that MM's extra powers allow him to beat Cap and extra weaknesses let Bizarro get the best of him.  Between Cap and Bizarro, Cap's the more skilled combatant.

Least that's how I see it.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I don't know if fire works when he's intangible, but MM could always mess with Bizarros brain to stop it. Shutting down his control over his body (or just that function) or just tricking him (people can trick him with words, why not  thoughts?) could get rid of the fire attack.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zoom

Martian Manhunter had trouble dealing with Black Adam's brain.
I don't see him standing a chance against Bizarro's.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

He had trouble the first time then he came back and was able to mix their minds without being hurt. He really shouldn't have been bothered the first time though. He's been in the minds of everyone on the planet before. That includes Black Adam, and he didn't have a problem until the time he fought him in his own event. Hmmm... He's also been in the Joker's head (MM was not only able to go into it, but fixed it for a time) and all sorts of villains that are just as or more filled with hate/anger/insanity than Black Adam. If you're going just off that fight though, MM could still win. As I said in my other post, he shut down Black Adam's control over his body. He can do the same thing here. No matter how dumb it is, his brain still controls his body and MM could interfere with that. The only reason BA could get out of it was because his mind was somehow (plot) strong enough. Unless you believe that Bizarro has a stronger mind than Black Adam, that should tell you that it would be even more effective on Bizarro. (Even if he could free himself though, he'd still be vulnerable for a few seconds like BA was.)

Can you tell me why Bizarro can be tricked by words, but someone messing around or just talking in his head couldn't do the same? If mental trickery doesn't work (why wouldn't it though?) he could try something simpler. He could shape shift into a copy of Bizarro to get him not to attack (thinking he'd be fighting himself), or something silly like that.

And does fire hurt MM while he's intangible?

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zoom

I don't think he has a stronger mind, but that was never the problem.  Bizarro has a much more screwed up mind than Black Adam or the Joker.  Ridiculously so.  You can't even have a conversation with Bizarro he's so weird.  Think about what it's like inside that mind.

I don't really think Bizarro gets tricked by words very often.  Sometimes he'd fool himself (Superman is alive so to be a perfect imprefect duplicate...) but most of the time, he has to get hammered into the ground to get beat.  Shape shifting into another Bizarro won't help.  Bizarro knows all about Martian Manhunter and at least a few versions of him have liked to beat on Bizarro Lois.

Not sure about fire hurting him while he's intangible.  Doubt it but like I said, he's gotta unphase to hit back and Bizarro does have just as much super speed as him.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

It doesn't matter if his mind is screwed up. Unless his brain controls his physical movements in a totally different way (which I don't think you have proof for) MM can still shut down his body. Even if it was weird, it would need to be completely different for MM not to get it. He's been inside the brains of all kinds of people, creatures and aliens. If it's a problem (which I don't think it will be) he could just stay intangible until he figures it out. He doesn't need to perceive what Bizarro percieves or spend time trying to understand him, he just needs to shut down his control of his body, something he was able to do with very little trouble to Black Adam. Once that's done, Bizarro doesn't have what BA does (a strong mind) in order to fight back. Anyway, MM is as adaptable mentally as he is phsyically. He can reshape his brain until he figures out how Bizarro's works, maybe even using his x-ray vision to check out Bizarro's brain and use it as a guide.

He doesn't have to get tricked often for it to happen again. Point is, he's been tricked before and someone as smart as J'onn with knowledge of what's going on in Bizarro's head can do it again.

You brought up the fire as a weakness Bizarro could exploit, but if it doesn't work when MM is intangible, then it doesn't really matter. He can stay that way as long as he wants and attack in nonphysical ways. Like I said, he could spend that time tampering with Bizarro's brain or just figuring out a way to trick him out of the fight. Bizarro won't be able to do anything about that. I still think he can use Martian vision while intangible, but I'm not sure. Aside from intangibility his shape shifting/regen make him harder to hurt than Bizarro. He can be taken apart and put himself back together or make himself soft or elastic so blows don't hurt. And if he decides to go hand to hand, he can take Bizarro. He's got the strength as it is but he can always add to it by shape shifting or adding mass.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zoom
Buckshot said:
"It doesn't matter if his mind is screwed up. Unless his brain controls his physical movements in a totally different way (which I don't think you have proof for) MM can still shut down his body."

He was created by the Joker on a whim.  Do you think his brain is even remotely like anyone else's?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By Static Shock
Zoom said:
"He was created by the Joker on a whim.  Do you think his brain is even remotely like anyone else's?"

It's safe to say that it does. The brain control bodily functions, even for Bizarro. If not, then what's the purpose of having a brain in Bizarro's head? If it doesn't work like everyone else's, why does he have it?
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Zoom said:
"Buckshot said:
"It doesn't matter if his mind is screwed up. Unless his brain controls his physical movements in a totally different way (which I don't think you have proof for) MM can still shut down his body."

He was created by the Joker on a whim.  Do you think his brain is even remotely like anyone else's?"
Prove it's different in a way that MM can't figure it out. Regardless, there's more in my post.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By King_Saturn
So I guess the Manhunter wins here... but it wont be easy
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zoom

I wish I could find those scans of Bizarro beating MM.

It wasn't even funny the fight was so one sided.

Granted, MM hardly ever fights to his best potential.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SeSAW

Manhunter

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lordraiden
King Saturn said:
"Zoom said:
"Your welcome.

Not sure who to choose."
Hmmm...so is Bizarro the strongest or the weakest here... cause you have him at the front and at the end of you equation"

He certainly isn't the strongest, I can tell you that much :-)
Billy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Billy

MM hands DOWN

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By King_Saturn
lordraiden said:
"King Saturn said:
"Zoom said:
"Your welcome.

Not sure who to choose."
Hmmm...so is Bizarro the strongest or the weakest here... cause you have him at the front and at the end of you equation"

He certainly isn't the strongest, I can tell you that much :-)"
LOL
KidCenturion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KidCenturion

Wizard Shazam Billy wins or is it Freddy Freeman Shazam. Either way, the power of Captain Marvel somehow pulls it off even if Manhunter is no longer afraid of fire. That's why its called magic. I would say Captain Disney wins but that's another Marvel Guy.