Martian Manhunter
 Martian Manhunter
-No prep
-No morals
-Only telepathy
-Who wins and why?
-Please use logic and reasoning
-Can he clear it?

Stage 1                                                                                                                                                                               
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stage 2: Stepford Cuckoos with Cerebra
 Stage 2: Stepford Cuckoos with Cerebra

Saturn Girl
 Saturn Girl

Stage 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stage 4:  Maxima
Stage 4:  Maxima

Gorilla Grodd
Gorilla Grodd

Stage 5                                                                                                                                                                               
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stage 6: Moondragon
Stage 6: Moondragon

Emma Frost
Emma Frost

Stage 7

Stage 8: Professor X
 Stage 8: Professor X

Shadow King
 Shadow King
-Stages 7 and 8 are fighting in Astral Plane

Stage 9

Rachel Summers
 Rachel Summers

Stage 10: Jean Grey [no phoenix]
 Stage 10: Jean Grey [no phoenix]

Stage 11

X-Man
X-Man

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zaiyan

Stops at 2, those 3 girls at once are too much

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By vuviper

Maxima and Grodd?

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HumanNumber
@Zaiyan said:
" Stops at 2, those 3 girls at once are too much "
What kind of feats do they have?
Devias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Devias

You'e overestimating the Martian. I regard him as the most powerful telepath (excluding alternate reality characters like Kal Kent), but stage 5 is ****** ridiculous. He can barely beat X-Man. Not that it matters, he stops at two.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Silver2467

Round 4 is easier than Round 2. J'onn has already affected both Grodd and Maxima telepathically before. 

Regardless, he stops at Round 2. These are very imbalanced. It should just be these characters individually, not in groups. Then it could be debated.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Kallarkz
i think M.M burns through stages 1 and 2 but Shadow King and Xavier have a lot of experience fighting on the astral plane and are very powerful telepaths... I'm not sure he could get passed stage 3.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By czarny_samael666

He stops at 2 for sure...

Distortion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Distortion

Stage 2, too much for him to handle.

sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By sa5m

@Silver2467: 

Is affecting the same as beating ? I am unclear what you mean

@Devias said:

"You'e overestimating the Martian.  "

Yes sorry I wil be revising this tonight =)

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

He clears it

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Silver2467
@sa5m said:
"

@Silver2467: 

Is affecting the same as beating ? I am unclear what you mean

It means he has proven to be able to influence their minds. With Grodd, he generated illusions into his head that resulted in Grodd screaming for his life; with Maxima, he forced her to stop fighting (it should be pointed out that both of these feats were done on entire teams, not just these single characters). Basically, the Manhunter already showed that he can penetrate their minds and use his telepathic abilities on them, which indicates that he can beat them telepathically (in a sense, he already did with Grodd) and very possible incapacitate both together. But he is never beating Moondragon, Emma, and Braddock all at once. Psylocke, Frost, and Moondragon>>>>>>Maxima and Grodd. 
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By HolySerpent
@Devias said:
"You'e overestimating the Martian. I regard him as the most powerful telepath (excluding alternate reality characters like Kal Kent), but stage 5 is ****** ridiculous. He can barely beat X-Man. Not that it matters, he stops at two. "
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sa5m
@Silver2467:  Thx =)

Ok revised everybody =) I tried to get the order right as best I can. If it is bad try not to stress over it to much and just focus on the matches that is more important
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By EpitomeofCool

stops at jean............

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Kallarkz
Maximas Telepathy is stronger than the Stepfords with Cerebra? 
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By nefarious

He stops at 2. There is no way he is going to defeat all of them at the same time. They will wreck his mind.

pcbh168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pcbh168
@Nefarious said:
" He stops at 2. There is no way he is going to defeat all of them at the same time. They will wreck his mind. "
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sa5m
@Nefarious:
@pcbh168:

Expand please. What feats do you have to support this =)
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nefarious
@sa5m: Wait a minute, you changed it?
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Manchine
@Nefarious said:
" He stops at 2. There is no way he is going to defeat all of them at the same time. They will wreck his mind. "
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Silver2467

I really am not knowledgeable enough on all of these characters to give an informed consensus, but I will comment on some of them.
Grodd, J'onn can beat easily, given that he already has. Maxima, he can beat. Frost, Xavier, and Jean also with difficulty. Not sure about Moondragon, but I will point out that although Moondragon can mind control worlds, the Manhunter's mental shields have held up against more than one planetary telepath. This includes Doctor Destiny (he influenced the minds of the entire earth into falling asleep and entering his dream realm where he used their energies to amp himself even further; despite being able to affect all of earth, J'onn protected the JLA's minds from his powers), Mageddon (telepathic war machine that alters the minds of worldwide populations into entering global war), and Starro (obvious; it TPs planets to conquer them). J'onn's shields have also held up against the combined telepathic abilities of several White Martians (individual Martians, not just J'onn, have accidentally probed billions of minds at a time). So that could be debated if for no other reason than his TP defenses. To be completely honest, I have seen Moondragon used as a measuring stick for Marvel characters by resisting her telepathy, and it happens so often that, in my mind at least, it lessens the significance of her supposed power. She just seems to be inconsistent. X-Man can beaten if his psionic form is dispersed or defeated, which is something J'onn has already proven able to do. I could see it being debated on whether he can beat Shadow King or not. Rachel, Saturn Girl, and the Stepford Cuckoos, I really do not know enough about to say. 

sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sa5m
@Nefarious:
Over and hour and a half ago and I mentioned it in the thread =)

Why do you beleive the Stepford Cuckoos will wreck his mind ?
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nefarious
@sa5m: My mistake, I thought this was the same as the last time I checked.
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sa5m
@Silver2467:
Great informative post =)

@Nefarious:
That is Okay =)
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nefarious
@sa5m: I'll come back with my final answer. I'm not too sure now.
bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bag_o_x_men

I think J'onn should take Saturn Girl, the Cuckoos, Grodd, and Maxima fairly easily.  Especially with no morals.  The Cuckoos have the potential to hang with him IMO, especially with Cerebra enhancing them, but they lack the experience and coordination necessary.  They also need each other too much.  They are already missing two pieces of their whole, as soon as one starts to struggle with him, they all go down. 
After that, I personally think Rachael should be next.  Again she has the potential to win, but lacks the experience.  Emma's already shown her how skill beats raw power.  He is more powerful than Emma, and at least as skilled, so he should win here, but it would be a good fight.  I'd put Jean next, and this is where he starts to have trouble.  I think completely unleashed, she'd beat him.  He has more consistency for his feats, but she's had some impressive feats herself.  This should be about 50/50.  He might be able to beat Shadow King.  Shadow King is impressive astrally however.  In a pure astral battle, I think J'onn could probably pull out this one, but barely.  That's his last win though.  Professor X has at least matching, if not superior feats.  He's got galactic tp and astral feats, not just global, and of course he beat Jean with the Phoenix force "across all the infinite planes of existence."  Moondragon has been stated to be above Professor X even without the Mind Gem.  She's one of the only people along with Professor X who's messed with Hulk's mind, she regularly performs intergalactic tp feats.  She's called to Surfer adn Phyla from galaxies away, she's destroyed inorganics with psi blasts.  J'onn's not in her league.  And all of them together can't match Nate.  I'm just going to shamelessly plagiarize myself from another post here.   Nate has superior tp feats to pretty much everyone.  I could give examples like intergalactic astral communication,  affecting physical things from the astral plane, or using tp to direct his reality hopping, but why don't we just hop to a multiversal tp feat.

Telepathically bonding someone else to the fractured pieces of her psyche across the infinite planes of reality

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By HellionVulcan

He stops at Jean if its one on one as X-man could stop him also but stage two beat him also before edit.

Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Switchdoctor

I've said this before in other threads regarding J'onn in fights like these.  His biggest problem is his psychosomatic fear of fire.  That weakness is tailor made for a telepathic opponent to exploit.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Silver2467
@bag_o_x_men: The Manhunter seemed to perform a galactic-scale TP feat in Heaven's Ladder, and he has performed transdimensional feats as well. Global scales are far from his limit.

@Switchdoctor said:

" I've said this before in other threads regarding J'onn in fights like these.  His biggest problem is his psychosomatic fear of fire.  That weakness is tailor made for a telepathic opponent to exploit. "

Does he have this weakness Post-Trial by Fire? The instance with Despero in Virtue and Vice is usually the one most often acknowledged, but that was clearly Pre-Fernus since it was released before V&V and because of the fact that Kyle was the acting Lantern on the team at the time, while John Stewart was the resident GL during the Trial by Fire incident. J'onn has withstood magic fire from Felix Faust since then and has several examples of regular fire also. As well, not every telepath can exploit that weakness, given the fact that not all of them have shown to create psionic fire. 
bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bag_o_x_men
@Silver2467 said:
" @bag_o_x_men: The Manhunter seemed to perform a galactic-scale TP feat in Heaven's Ladder, and he has performed transdimensional feats as well. Global scales are far from his limit.

Yeah, I know.   But he doesn't do it as often or as easily as the ones here.  I was also mentioning global feats, because a lot of people don't seem to know how easily Xavier can do global tp and intergalactic astral and tp feats. Professor X and Moondragon do intergalactic all the time with no strain at all.  Xavier used to telepathically link to Lilandra in Shi'ar space like he was making a phone call.  Every time I've seen J'onn do anything major, even global feats, he seems to have to really concentrate, and anything more seems like it causes a fair amount of strain.  I personally think their power levels are similar, but he isn't quite as skilled as Xavier.  Moondragon is above Xavier in strength and is a match for skill,  and Nate is above them all...by a lot.

p.s.
as far as I know, MM has no fire weakness anymore, so that's out. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Silver2467
@bag_o_x_men said:

" @Silver2467 said:

" @bag_o_x_men: The Manhunter seemed to perform a galactic-scale TP feat in Heaven's Ladder, and he has performed transdimensional feats as well. Global scales are far from his limit.

Yeah, I know.   But he doesn't do it as often or as easily as the ones here.  I was also mentioning global feats, because a lot of people don't seem to know how easily Xavier can do global tp and intergalactic astral and tp feats. Professor X and Moondragon do intergalactic all the time with no strain at all.  Xavier used to telepathically link to Lilandra in Shi'ar space like he was making a phone call.  Every time I've seen J'onn do anything major, even global feats, he seems to have to really concentrate, and anything more seems like it causes a fair amount of strain.  I personally think their power levels are similar, but he isn't quite as skilled as Xavier.  Moondragon is above Xavier in strength and is a match for skill,  and Nate is above them all...by a lot. p.s.as far as I know, MM has no fire weakness anymore, so that's out.  "
Not really. The only time he ever had difficulty performing a planetary telepathic scan was during Trial by Fire, and in the duration of that arc, he was undergoing physical and mental changes and usurpations by Fernus. Every other time I can think of, the strain is minimal. As for interplanetary, he has telepathically coordinated the JLA as they traveled between different planets. He gathered the minds of everyone on earth and projected them into D'Kay's mind while he and D'Kay were on Mars. Neither example showed any hardship on his part. Galactic-scale, the instance I referred to in Heaven's Ladder, J'onn did that feat while he was having a casual conversation with other League members. Transdimensional, the only reason he had difficulty with that was because his body was unconscious and because the actual goal of this feat was to locate Flash as he shifted between alternate realities. Because Wally was continuously moving, tracking him was difficult.

So, no, this is not really true. 
Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Switchdoctor
@bag_o_x_men said:

.as far as I know, MM has no fire weakness anymore, so that's out.  "

After defeating Fernus, he no longer has a vulnerability to someone lighting a match, true, but the psychosomatic fear of fire that the Guardians of The Universe encoded into their race is still there.  In other words, magic fire, astral fire, psychic fire, and even illusions are all on the table.  Going by the rules in the OP, that's not good news for J'onn here.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Silver2467
@Switchdoctor: Illusionary fire? That failed even when the Manhunter still had the fire weakness when he confronted Z.

Magic fire already failed once. Psychic fire has yet to be tested since Trial by Fire, but it is not as simple as you make it out to be. Characters have attacked him with flames since then and been ineffective on more than one occasion. 
bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bag_o_x_men
@Silver2467 said:
" @bag_o_x_men said:

" @Silver2467 said:

Yeah, I know.   But he doesn't do it as often or as easily as the ones here.  I was also mentioning global feats, because a lot of people don't seem to know how easily Xavier can do global tp and intergalactic astral and tp feats. Professor X and Moondragon do intergalactic all the time with no strain at all.  Xavier used to telepathically link to Lilandra in Shi'ar space like he was making a phone call.  Every time I've seen J'onn do anything major, even global feats, he seems to have to really concentrate, and anything more seems like it causes a fair amount of strain.  I personally think their power levels are similar, but he isn't quite as skilled as Xavier.  Moondragon is above Xavier in strength and is a match for skill,  and Nate is above them all...by a lot. p.s.as far as I know, MM has no fire weakness anymore, so that's out.  "
Not really. The only time he ever had difficulty performing a planetary telepathic scan was during Trial by Fire, and in the duration of that arc, he was undergoing physical and mental changes and usurpations by Fernus. Every other time I can think of, the strain is minimal. As for interplanetary, he has telepathically coordinated the JLA as they traveled between different planets. He gathered the minds of everyone on earth and projected them into D'Kay's mind while he and D'Kay were on Mars. Neither example showed any hardship on his part. Galactic-scale, the instance I referred to in Heaven's Ladder, J'onn did that feat while he was having a casual conversation with other League members. Transdimensional, the only reason he had difficulty with that was because his body was unconscious and because the actual goal of this feat was to locate Flash as he shifted between alternate realities. Because Wally was continuously moving, tracking him was difficult.

"
Cool.  I didn't know about the  feat with Wally.  That's impressive. I remember one other global one that strained him that wasn't Trial by Fire, but I don't remember from what so I'll let it go.  But he still doesn't have nearly as many intergalactic feats as Xavier or Moondragon.  And at best that makes him equal to Xavier.  For example, gathering every mind on an alien planet and projecting them into someone else's mind.  Xavier astrally gathered the billions of skrulls on Skrullos and projected them into Galactus' mind.  He coordinated X-Men teams on Earth and in Shi'ar space at the same time.  Beating Jean with the Phoenix Force is above anything I've seen from MM, but I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. 
bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bag_o_x_men
@Switchdoctor said:
@Silver2467 said:
" @Switchdoctor: Illusionary fire? That failed even when the Manhunter still had the fire weakness when he confronted Z.

Magic fire already failed once. Psychic fire has yet to be tested since Trial by Fire, but it is not as simple as you make it out to be. Characters have attacked him with flames since then and been ineffective on more than one occasion. 
"
Seconded. 
crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By crackerjack82
@Silver2467:
I am pretty sure Psychic fire would still work, if DC took that way, MM would have no weakness whatsoever, and thus be a bit on boring side, as none of foes could ever do anything to him, I don't see why magic fire failed, as my understanding of magic fire ( could be wrong)  affects the mind as much as the body I.E. hell fire. Now  if it was just fire summoned by magic, yeah that isnt gonna cut it

Not sure if he could get past moondragon, she is a very powerful and capable telepathic character 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Silver2467
@crackerjack82 said:
" @Silver2467: I am pretty sure Psychic fire would still work, if DC took that way, MM would have no weakness whatsoever, and thus be a bit on boring side, as none of foes could ever do anything to him, I don't see why magic fire failed, as my understanding of magic fire ( could be wrong)  affects the mind as much as the body I.E. hell fire. Now  if it was just fire summoned by magic, yeah that isnt gonna cut it 
None of this makes any sense. 

@bag_o_x_men said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @bag_o_x_men said:

" @Silver2467 said:

"
Cool.  I didn't know about the  feat with Wally.  That's impressive. I remember one other global one that strained him that wasn't Trial by Fire, but I don't remember from what so I'll let it go.  But he still doesn't have nearly as many intergalactic feats as Xavier or Moondragon.  And at best that makes him equal to Xavier.  For example, gathering every mind on an alien planet and projecting them into someone else's mind.  Xavier astrally gathered the billions of skrulls on Skrullos and projected them into Galactus' mind.  He coordinated X-Men teams on Earth and in Shi'ar space at the same time.  Beating Jean with the Phoenix Force is above anything I've seen from MM, but I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  "
Maybe it was the one where he linked his mind with every hero on the planet. He seemed to require concentration in that incident. 
bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bag_o_x_men
@Silver2467:
 That may have been the one.  Superman was talking , I believe to Diana, about how MM was the best, that he could link with everyone.  Something like that.  It's been a long time since I read it. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Silver2467
@bag_o_x_men said:
" @Silver2467:  That may have been the one.  Superman was talking , I believe to Diana, about how MM was the best, that he could link with everyone.  Something like that.  It's been a long time since I read it.  "
Oh, actually that was from Trial by Fire. 
Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Switchdoctor
@Silver2467 said:

" @Switchdoctor: Illusionary fire? That failed even when the Manhunter still had the fire weakness when he confronted Z.

Yes, but Z still has morals.  The OP states 'no morals' meaning that any flames he will be facing in this thread will be flames of passion.

Magic fire already failed once.

What were the circumstances? 

Psychic fire has yet to be tested since Trial by Fire

Considering that we have positive evidence of what happens when J'onn faces psychic fire, what kind of conclusion do you suggest that we come to in light of the absence of evidence that you're mentioning here?

Characters have attacked him with flames since then and been ineffective on more than one occasion.

Unless there's a retcon that's come out recently, I'm sure one can handwave those one or two occasions away as examples that fall under the convention that Joe Kelly set.  Not that any of this helps him here.
bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By bag_o_x_men
@Silver2467:
Was it?  I was thinking it was longer ago than that.  I might be combining the two in my head too.  I don't know.  I read a lot, and some of them bleed together a bit sometimes.  Sometimes I have to go back and reread tham to straighten it out.  Trial by Fire was only about ten years ago wasn't it?  The one I was thinking of was from the early nineties IIRC. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Silver2467
@Switchdoctor said: 

Yes, but Z still has morals.  The OP states 'no morals' meaning that any flames he will be facing in this thread will be flames of passion.

Illusions are not even real fire. How would that have the same effect anyway? Pre-Fernus, fire had a physically and mentally detrimental effect on him in which he would gradually lose control over his physical form. Illusions do not cause that. Not that I entirely believe the "Z still has morals" claim since the point of creating illusionary flames was to subdue him.

What were the circumstances?  

He was protecting civilians from rubble while having difficulty retaining a visual sense of the situation because of smoke, and Faust combusted the rubble which blew him away. He was seen standing and attacking without any real difficulty a page or two after in the same fight.

Considering that we have positive evidence of what happens when J'onn faces psychic fire, what kind of conclusion do you suggest that we come to in light of the absence of evidence that you're mentioning here?

No, we have positive evidence of what happens when Pre-Trial by Fire J'onn faces psychic fire, not Post. And I never proposed any set conclusion; I said that there is no evidence it has the same result.

Unless there's a retcon that's come out recently, I'm sure one can handwave those one or two occasions away as examples that fall under the convention that Joe Kelly set.  Not that any of this helps him here. "

More like 4 or 5, not that it really matters. The entire "flame of passion" description is inconclusive in application and lacks consistency. If it actually was meant to be interpreted as any fire with emotional ill-intent behind it automatically harms the Manhunter, it certainly fails to accomplish any form of repeated showing to validate this seeing as how there are multiple examples of fire being shrugged off by him.

@bag_o_x_men

said:

" @Silver2467: Was it?  I was thinking it was longer ago than that.  I might be combining the two in my head too.  I don't know.  I read a lot, and some of them bleed together a bit sometimes.  Sometimes I have to go back and reread tham to straighten it out.  Trial by Fire was only about ten years ago wasn't it?  The one I was thinking of was from the early nineties IIRC.  "

Trial by Fire was in 03, if I remember correctly, and the feat you were referring definitely was from that arc.
Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Switchdoctor
@Silver2467 said:

Illusions are not even real fire.

Getting warmer.

How would that have the same effect anyway?

The same way that psychic fire effects J'onn.  They are flames of psychic significance.

Pre-Fernus, fire had a physically and mentally detrimental effect on him in which he would gradually lose control over his physical form. Illusions do not cause that. Not that I entirely believe the "Z still has morals" claim since the point of creating illusionary flames was to subdue him.

Intending to subdue someone is entirely different than intending to kill someone.  Under the rules of this thread, Zatanna (or any of the opponents listed in the OP) would be acting like Despero.

He was protecting civilians from rubble while having difficulty retaining a visual sense of the situation because of smoke, and Faust combusted the rubble which blew him away. He was seen standing and attacking without any real difficulty a page or two after in the same fight.

What was Faust's intent when he combusted the rubble?  Was he trying to kill J'onn?

No, we have positive evidence of what happens when Pre-Trial by Fire J'onn faces psychic fire, not Post. And I never proposed any set conclusion; I said that there is no evidence it has the same result.

I never said that you came to a conclusion at the time.  I was asking a question.  I'll rephrase.  How does invoking absence of evidence Post Trial by Fire negate actual evidence that occured Pre Trial by Fire?

More like 4 or 5, not that it really matters. The entire "flame of passion" description is inconclusive in application and lacks consistency. If it actually was meant to be interpreted as any fire with emotional ill-intent behind it automatically harms the Manhunter, it certainly fails to accomplish any form of repeated showing to validate this seeing as how there are multiple examples of fire being shrugged off by him.

Oh?  So all of these flame based attacks that J'onn is shrugging off, is someone trying to end his life? And since we're doing our best to be accurate here, in these 4 or 5 showings, what is meant by 'shrugged off by him'?  I mean, we've seen Superman shrug off the effects of kryptonite probably more than 4 or 5 times, but it's still kryptonite.
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

His journey ceases at stage 2.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Silver2467
@Switchdoctor said:

The same way that psychic fire effects J'onn.  They are flames of psychic significance.

Still failed to work though. And psychic fire can actually be used as a tangible attack; the same cannot be said about an illusion.

Intending to subdue someone is entirely different than intending to kill someone.  Under the rules of this thread, Zatanna (or any of the opponents listed in the OP) would be acting like Despero.

Alright. Then let me restate what I said. Z was attacking J'onn, presumably with the intent of killing him (I see no real reason why he would want him to survive if he planned to exploit his weakness).

What was Faust's intent when he combusted the rubble?  Was he trying to kill J'onn?

Well, he definitely was not trying to be friends with him, if that was what you meant. It was in a fight. Of course he was trying to kill him. 

I never said that you came to a conclusion at the time.  I was asking a question.  I'll rephrase.  How does invoking absence of evidence Post Trial by Fire negate actual evidence that occured Pre Trial by Fire?

You are applying a showing that took place before a set change to a character after the aforementioned change. It would be like if Superman suddenly lost his weakness to kryptonite and then using his vulnerability to it as an argument after he overcame the weakness. So, sure, this is actual evidence.....before the change in question. 

I honestly am unsure, but given the forms of fire the Martian has resisted since then (the entire reason I mentioned mystical fire was because it is an unnatural flame, thus possessing different properties from a normal one), it should be plausible.

Oh?  So all of these flame based attacks that J'onn is shrugging off, is someone trying to end his life? And since we're doing our best to be accurate here, in these 4 or 5 showings, what is meant by 'shrugged off by him'?  I mean, we've seen Superman shrug off the effects of kryptonite probably more than 4 or 5 times, but it's still kryptonite. "

Actually the showings I was mentioning were all attacks. If you want examples of J'onn walking around in fire, there are plenty more instances of that occurring on top of fire-based attacks being used against him. As for shrugged off, it means he was hit, remained largely unharmed, and continued fighting/operating. 

You seem to enjoy aimlessly rambling about characters intending to kill J'onn when death was never even a specification offered in Trial by Fire.
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

He clears it.

marvellover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By marvellover1
@Nefarious said:
Devias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Devias

Bumpity bump. Jonn is no longer pyrophobic. And even if he was, how would his opponents know?

sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sa5m
@Cypher's Gambit: @marvellover1
Why the stage 2 ? =)