#1 Posted by pcbh168 (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep time
Fight in NYC
Start 30 feet apart
Can win by: Death, BFR or Knockout


 Martian Manhunter
 Maxima
Wonder Woman














                                                                            Vs

 Darkseid
#2 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

This team could conceivably defeat Darkseid.
#3 Posted by Supreme Cosmic (764 posts) - - Show Bio

possible but not very likely

#4 Posted by marvelrules2011 (728 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
" This team could conceivably defeat Darkseid. "
@Supreme Cosmic said:
" possible but not very likely "
#5 Posted by superfan_dc_mu (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay if Darkseid wins,three posibities:Darkseid kills Maxima with the Omega Effect. J'onns telepathy is a non factor,Wonder Woman is easily outmatched physcally so she is beaten down badly and J'onn grabs her and flies away.
Maxima again dead J'onn and Wonder Woman are getting beaten to death when Darkseid laughs at how pathetic they are and leaves.
Maxima Dies same way,J'onn and Wonder woman are beaten w/ out mercy and to death.
 
I only see Darkseid winning here. The team has no chance. I believe they can Defend themselves from an Onslaught from Darkseid but they won't be able to win in a fight.

#6 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Maxima stuns Darkseid with her psynoic blasts as a distraction, J'onzz could easily use his telepathy to hurt Darkseid, and he could use his Martian Vision to reflect the omega beams. And he transforms into something big and pounds Darkseid, after Darkseid had been stunned and beat up, Wonder Woman uses her lasso to tie up Darkseid. Those are the ways this team could pull off a win.

#7 Posted by kemevilwineveering (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

Maxima stuns Darkseid with her psynoic blasts as a distraction, J'onzz could easily use his telepathy to hurt Darkseid, and he could use his Martian Vision to reflect the omega beams. And he transforms into something big and pounds Darkseid, after Darkseid had been stunned and beat up, Wonder Woman uses her lasso to tie up Darkseid. Those are the ways this team could pull off a win.

Dude...try to read a comic..seriously...Darkseid has telepathy blocks in place on himself and all of his minions. Martian Vision wouldn't deflect the omega beams either, just because Superman's HV did in a PIS ridden story doesn't mean Martian's will. Darkseid would potentially one shot anyone here, the only person who may survive is Diana if she blocks the OB with her bracelets but she physically can't contend with him. The only way the team wins is if Darkseid is standing still and chooses not the fight back.

#8 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@kemevilwineveering said:

@MasterJohn said:

Maxima stuns Darkseid with her psynoic blasts as a distraction, J'onzz could easily use his telepathy to hurt Darkseid, and he could use his Martian Vision to reflect the omega beams. And he transforms into something big and pounds Darkseid, after Darkseid had been stunned and beat up, Wonder Woman uses her lasso to tie up Darkseid. Those are the ways this team could pull off a win.

Dude...try to read a comic..seriously...Darkseid has telepathy blocks in place on himself and all of his minions. Martian Vision wouldn't deflect the omega beams either, just because Superman's HV did in a PIS ridden story doesn't mean Martian's will. Darkseid would potentially one shot anyone here, the only person who may survive is Diana if she blocks the OB with her bracelets but she physically can't contend with him. The only way the team wins is if Darkseid is standing still and chooses not the fight back.

The story wasn't PIS ridden, Fanboys who hate Superman will of course say that. But, anyway, I don't specialize in the aera of anyone on here except Maxima. I have read comics, though I stick into the Comics about Zeus, Merlin, Swamp thing, them.

#9 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid solo's.

#10 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5213 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid easily. This thread is eerily familiar to the Thanos vs MM, Maxima, GL thread.

#11 Posted by Dextersinister (6451 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

@kemevilwineveering said:

@MasterJohn said:

Maxima stuns Darkseid with her psynoic blasts as a distraction, J'onzz could easily use his telepathy to hurt Darkseid, and he could use his Martian Vision to reflect the omega beams. And he transforms into something big and pounds Darkseid, after Darkseid had been stunned and beat up, Wonder Woman uses her lasso to tie up Darkseid. Those are the ways this team could pull off a win.

Dude...try to read a comic..seriously...Darkseid has telepathy blocks in place on himself and all of his minions. Martian Vision wouldn't deflect the omega beams either, just because Superman's HV did in a PIS ridden story doesn't mean Martian's will. Darkseid would potentially one shot anyone here, the only person who may survive is Diana if she blocks the OB with her bracelets but she physically can't contend with him. The only way the team wins is if Darkseid is standing still and chooses not the fight back.

The story wasn't PIS ridden, Fanboys who hate Superman will of course say that. But, anyway, I don't specialize in the aera of anyone on here except Maxima. I have read comics, though I stick into the Comics about Zeus, Merlin, Swamp thing, them.

It was written by Loeb, the man is infamous for it.

#12 Edited by Switchdoctor (464 posts) - - Show Bio

J'onn is going to have to use his speed and intangibility to try and stay alive at the sound of the bell. In MM's own series, a pack of green martians can only affect parademons, and not even the Elite with their telepathy. By extension, Darkseid would most likely be out of his league. That said, he's probably fast enough to help Diana run some interference. Since both Wonder Woman and Superman have shown to be fast enough to react to Darkseid's omega beams, J'onn should be fast enough to at least go intangible.

Ultimately, Maxima is the key here. If she can take out Orion as quickly as she did in Panic In The Sky with an Almeracian mind bolt, then she's a serious threat to any New God. Also, going by her bouts against Superman and Doomsday, she's fast, and durable enough to mitigate any physical resistance Darkseid might put up.

Not only that, but another strategy Maxima could implement would be with her molecular telekinesis. All New Gods are vulnerable to radion, and having already demonstrated an aptitude for recalling esoteric knowledge from across the galaxy during her time in the JLA, it would not be far fetched for Maxima to know this having also dealt congenially with Darkseid in OWAW. Since this fight takes place in NYC, there's plenty of matter around for her to transmute into radion projectiles. Nevermind one Final Crisis radion bullet. Darkseid could learn what it's like to have radion projectiles coming in on him at escape velocity from several directions.

#13 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1832 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid, How is this a question?

He is going to shrug off their TP, and best it will be a minor inconvenience until he hits one of them in the face. Or he could simply use the OE on them all,it has worked on DoomsDay I see no reason it shouldn't work on these three.

They are pretty much outclassed in every manner.

#14 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid stomps, interesting if people try to make THIS thread competitive

#15 Posted by Freefa11 (2423 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

It was written by Loeb, the man is infamous for it.

It was actually written by Mark Schultz. I'm not sure why everyone seems to think it is a Loeb book.

@Switchdoctor: Nice tactics. I'm not sure if going intangible would help J'onn though. DS has struck an intangible being (Secret in Young Justice) with his Omega Beams. However, Superman has tanked the OB a number of times, so J'onn may be able to handle a shot or 2 on pure toughness. A better option, of course, would be to try avoiding them, and since Superman has done it a few times, it should be possible for him.

I also feel Wonder Woman could do well playing defense here, since her bracelets have been shown to be able to not only block, but actually reflect the Omega Beams. It has also been indicated a couple of times that Darkseid cannot just fire them off at full power completely at will; he's got a bit of a recharge time, meaning if she blocks the first shot, he's suddenly lost his most powerful ability for a few seconds, which is going to be a big opening for characters like these 3.

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Darkseid, How is this a question?

He is going to shrug off their TP, and best it will be a minor inconvenience until he hits one of them in the face

While Darkseid is quite strong and a punch from him will undoubtedly hurt a lot, he's not really much stronger than Superman (Darkseid himself has admitted Superman is physically a match for him), so he's not going to be one-shotting these guys that way, and he's not as fast as them either. He's also not as skilled as Maxima or Wonder Woman.

Or he could simply use the OE on them all,it has worked on DoomsDay I see no reason it shouldn't work on these three.

Eh? The Omega Effect knocked Doomsday over for maybe 30 seconds or so and buried him in some rubble. He was fine when he dug himself out of the rubble though. I wouldn't really consider that "working" on him.

They are pretty much outclassed in every manner.

Not by enough. In strength and durability he's probably only somewhat above J'onn, but he loses to all 3 in speed, and in skill is below the girls and maybe about the same as J'onn. While the OE is more powerful and versatile than anything these guys can individually come up with, it is by no means a perfect tool. It has been dodged and deflected by Superman on a few occasions and by Wonder Woman at least once. It was outrun by the Flashes. It has been tanked by Superman a couple of times, by Doomsday, by Henshaw, and blocked by Mary Marvel in Countdown, as well as Infinity Man, I believe. It was partially blocked by a force bubble created by Raker Qarrigat, a green lantern. Those aren't even its low-showings; at its worst, it has been dodged by Robin.

A lot of people act like the Omega Effect is a virtually infallible auto-win ability, but there are just too many instances of it failing for this to really be true. That doesn't mean it's not a major threat; it is, I just don't believe it one these characters cannot deal with if they are careful and employ the right tactics.

#16 Posted by Gritterr (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Darkseid easily. This thread is eerily familiar to the Thanos vs MM, Maxima, GL thread.

And what a disaster that thread was

#17 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid

#18 Edited by Man_of_Miracles (1832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freefa11:

1. I meant that it will probably interrupt the TP when he hits them in the face

2. I meant for him to BFR all of them with the OE since that is allowed in this scenario

3. Between his superior strength, durability and the OE he should take this. Besides hasn't he taken on the whole JL before? how is this team any better than the JL? in fact this team isn't as good as the JL you replace, Superman, Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern, with just Maxima

#19 Posted by hjsheusoo (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@society619 said:

Darkseid stomps, interesting if people try to make THIS thread competitive

Agreed

#20 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid

#21 Posted by Switchdoctor (464 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Freefa11:

1. I meant that it will probably interrupt the TP when he hits them in the face

See Orion vs Maxima in Panic In The Sky

2. I meant for him to BFR all of them with the OE since that is allowed in this scenario

Maxima can bring everyone back if he managed to use his OE that way. According to Adam Strange, her teleportational capabilities are in the 100 trillion light years ballpark.

3. Between his superior strength, durability

Debatable. See Doomsday Annual #1

and the OE he should take this.

As has already been mentioned before in this thread, Wonder Woman has deflected the OE at least once with her bracers, and Superman has dodged it several times. In fact, Superman has outrun them, gone around behind Darkseid to pick him up so that he hit himself with his own OE.

Besides hasn't he taken on the whole JL before? how is this team any better than the JL? in fact this team isn't as good as the JL you replace, Superman, Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern, with just Maxima.

Maxima, with Eclipso overriding her usual restraint, has taken out a JLA roster before by attacking from inside a TK forcefield, and mind controlling Wonder Woman.

#22 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Switchdoctor said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Freefa11:

1. I meant that it will probably interrupt the TP when he hits them in the face

See Orion vs Maxima in Panic In The Sky

2. I meant for him to BFR all of them with the OE since that is allowed in this scenario

Maxima can bring everyone back if he managed to use his OE that way. According to Adam Strange, her teleportational capabilities are in the 100 trillion light years ballpark.

3. Between his superior strength, durability

Debatable. See Doomsday Annual #1

and the OE he should take this.

As has already been mentioned before in this thread, Wonder Woman has deflected the OE at least once with her bracers, and Superman has dodged it several times. In fact, Superman has outrun them, gone around behind Darkseid to pick him up so that he hit himself with his own OE.

Besides hasn't he taken on the whole JL before? how is this team any better than the JL? in fact this team isn't as good as the JL you replace, Superman, Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern, with just Maxima.

Maxima, with Eclipso overriding her usual restraint, has taken out a JLA roster before by attacking from inside a TK forcefield, and mind controlling Wonder Woman.

1. This isn't Orion it is Darkseid, Darkseid>Orion

2. The rule is BFR if Darkseid removes them from the battlefield the fight is over. It doesn't matter if they come back, If I am wrestling someone and he removes me from the ring the fight(or point) is over, even though I can literally step back in the ring.

3. His durability and strength being higher is not debatable.

4. You have stated yourself that Maxima didn't do it by herself. Also are you saying that Maxima> Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern and Superman together?

#23 Posted by laflux (17519 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Darkseid easily. This thread is eerily familiar to the Thanos vs MM, Maxima, GL thread.

it is isn't it

#24 Posted by Switchdoctor (464 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Switchdoctor said:

1. This isn't Orion it is Darkseid, Darkseid>Orion

Well thanks for sharing that Captain Obvious and totally missing the point. The point was that Maxima took down Orion easily, as in a few panels. And it's not like it's a brand new thing in comics for Darkseid and Orion to have a good tussle before someone comes out on top or anything.

2. The rule is BFR if Darkseid removes them from the battlefield the fight is over. It doesn't matter if they come back, If I am wrestling someone and he removes me from the ring the fight(or point) is over, even though I can literally step back in the ring.

The OP didn't specify that we're using WWF Royal Rumble rules when specifying BFR. If Darkseid did use BFR under the rules you're suggesting, then yeah, he would win. Congratulations. However, BFR rules can also mean that the fight ends when one combatant is removed and cannot return under their own power. Maxima can return to the battlefield under her own power. This whole tangent is moot though, because Darkseid would not be able to tag Maxima, Diana, or J'onn with his OE to begin with.

3. His durability and strength being higher is not debatable.

What, so we're just supposed to listen to what you say over actual things that happened in a comic? Doomsday Year One never happened? Batman never shot Darkseid with a radion bullet in Final Crisis?

4. You have stated yourself that Maxima didn't do it by herself.

Well yeah. Do you even know who Eclipso is?

#25 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Switchdoctor:

1. You were the one making the comparison don't know why you are upset with me.

2. Either way Darkseid could just rinse and repeat. Also are you really trying to say they are going to be able to avoid the OE for any real amount of time? seriously?

3. Please explain what either of those things have to do with this fight. Because I fail to see how Batman shooting Darkseid with a Radion bullet has anything to do with this fight. Also no, Darkseid has proven many times that his durability is greater than anyone in this fight.

4. It doesn't matter he overrid her usual restraint, meaning she didn't do it at her regular level of power right?

#26 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid wins

#27 Posted by Freefa11 (2423 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Freefa11:

1. I meant that it will probably interrupt the TP when he hits them in the face

Ah, well yes, a punch from him would definitely disrupt any concentration on their part. However, as pointed out, they are faster than him, and Maxima at least is almost certainly more skilled. They can both fly, and J'onn can become intangible, plus they've got Wonder Woman to run interference, so punching them is not going to be nearly as easy as you say.

2. I meant for him to BFR all of them with the OE since that is allowed in this scenario

Okay, but he still has to tag all of them which, as stated earlier, is also not going to be as easy as you are saying.

3. Between his superior strength, durability and the OE he should take this. Besides hasn't he taken on the whole JL before? how is this team any better than the JL? in fact this team isn't as good as the JL you replace, Superman, Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern, with just Maxima

New 52 Darkseid has fought the New 52 JL. Pre-Flashpoint only fought with them once, and he had his army with him, and the only members he actually combated were Guy Gardner (taken out by a yellow laser from a minion), Rocket Red (big deal), and Captain Atom (who for some reason decided to physically tackle Darkseid and got knocked away). Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, and Flash were not part of the fighting, and the battle did not reach a true conclusion anyway, because Highfather intervened and made Darkseid back down.

There is a pre-crisis story where he encountered the Justice League, which may be canon, since I think it has been directly referred to in post-crisis continuity, but it doesn't help anyway, since Darkseid was soloed by Firestorm there.

#28 Posted by lol (5388 posts) - - Show Bio

J'onn solos