#1 Posted by dave17 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian manhunter and Captain Atom have teamed up to take on a threat, The government perceives this as a threat and asked the justice league to bring them in.

Batman creates a device to negate Telepathic powers and stays in the watchtower to maintain the device.

The rest have 10 minutes to create an attack plan and then boom tube to their location, an empty field, no civilians around for miles.

Martian manhunter and Captain Atom have perfect chemistry together and full knowledge of their opponents. They have 20 seconds to prepare their self for attack after noticing the telepathic disturbance.

Team 1:

Martian Manhunter (No telepathic powers)

Captain Atom

Team 2:

Superman

Wonder woman

Flash

Hal Jordan

Aquaman

Cyborg

#2 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League

#3 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

The League.

#4 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5315 posts) - - Show Bio

MM and Atom stomp. Pretty sure MM already took on the JL an whooped them. Adding Atom seals it.

#5 Posted by chaoichi (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom solos.

#6 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2685 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

MM and Atom stomp. Pretty sure MM already took on the JL an whopped them. Adding Atom seals it.

This.

#7 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

MM and Atom stomp. Pretty sure MM already took on the JL an whopped them. Adding Atom seals it.

This.

Yep, this is true.

#8 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter took on the entire Justice League himself. Adding Captain Atom makes it a stomp.

#9 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this new 52 MM & Capt Atom?

#10 Posted by Sideslash (5918 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 J'onn took on the League solo.

Add in Captain Atom (whom, I am informed, is incredibly powerful), makes it a solid win for team 1

#11 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Preeeeeeeeeeeeetty sure Captain Atom was practically a god the last time I was reading his comics, and MM was able to engage the entire JL at once and he really didn't seem like he lost that fight.

#12 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash said:

Add in Captain Atom (whom, I am informed, is incredibly powerful), makes it a solid win for team 1

To be fair, it was a double page spread that just showed they fought, why and how it started and ended still needs to be shown and explained, to give it any meaning or real credit, but, I do agree, that the duo take out the JLA!

#13 Posted by Sideslash (5918 posts) - - Show Bio

@LubeMan said:

@Sideslash said:

To be fair, it was a double page spread that just showed they fought, why and how it started and ended still needs to be shown and explained, to give it any meaning or real credit, but, I do agree, that the duo take out the JLA!

Pretty much, all J'onn was trying to do was get away, whilst the lot of them were trying to take him down. It also showed him managing to attack three members of the JL simultaneously, and phase through an attack.

#14 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

@LubeMan said:

@Sideslash said:

Pretty much, all J'onn was trying to do was get away, whilst the lot of them were trying to take him down. It also showed him managing to attack three members of the JL simultaneously, and phase through an attack.

I give it more credit than the two of you. J'onn's comments that they "weren't ready" along with the other stuff he's been up to suggest strongly to me that he was testing them, and they didn't pass. Even if it was only that he was trying to escape and they couldn't stop him, it still looks a lot better for him than them. Now, I don't think he was just trying to escape not only because I think he was testing them, but also because if he were, he could simply wipe their minds, turn invisible or phase and get away. If, for some reason, they made it so he couldn't do those things to escape, that would suggest that he had to defeat them to escape. Also, he clearly got away from them without them knowing what he was up to. J'onn was in the position of power at the end of that fight if he got what he wanted and left and not only could they not stop him, but they don't even know why. And if nothing else, the fight shows that J'onn can no-sell their attacks either with his own durability or phasing, and that he is able to deal with Flash's speed in some way, given that Flash was floored, damaged, and being helped by Batman. We don't need to know everything that happened to see that J'onn is not going to get steamrolled by the league.

#15 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

@LubeMan said:

@Sideslash said:

I give it more credit than the two of you. J'onn's comments that they "weren't ready" along with the other stuff he's been up to suggest strongly to me that he was testing them, and they didn't pass. Even if it was only that he was trying to escape and they couldn't stop him, it still looks a lot better for him than them. Now, I don't think he was just trying to escape not only because I think he was testing them, but also because if he were, he could simply wipe their minds, turn invisible or phase and get away. If, for some reason, they made it so he couldn't do those things to escape, that would suggest that he had to defeat them to escape. Also, he clearly got away from them without them knowing what he was up to. J'onn was in the position of power at the end of that fight if he got what he wanted and left and not only could they not stop him, but they don't even know why. And if nothing else, the fight shows that J'onn can no-sell their attacks either with his own durability or phasing, and that he is able to deal with Flash's speed in some way, given that Flash was floored, damaged, and being helped by Batman. We don't need to know everything that happened to see that J'onn is not going to get steamrolled by the league.

That's a pretty good analysis and i like it, but I still hold to what I said, and would like to know the whole show down, before and after, to get a clear picture, that's just me.

#16 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

MM and Cap Atom have a really damn good chance. Ill take Justice league though just on sheer numbers.

#17 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Add the roster that Cyborg got during throne of atlantis. Im not how powerfull MM is. It says he fought the league, but there thats it. If he could fight them all byhimself, waller would not need any other punks in her JLA. Captain Atom is also a god so he stomps and solos.

#18 Posted by dondave (38892 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter and Captain Atom stomp

#19 Posted by dave17 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

As has been stated MM took on the entire JL but no other description is given, I gave the JL 10 minutes to formulate a battle plan so i think they would fare a lot better this time around

#20 Posted by xeon1cs (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

@dave17 said:

As has been stated MM took on the entire JL but no other description is given, I gave the JL 10 minutes to formulate a battle plan so i think they would fare a lot better this time around

10 minutes to formulate a plan to fight someone who is essentially God.

Something tells me they aren't going to get very far.

#21 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7954 posts) - - Show Bio

Atom solos

With this trick.

And this speed.

#22 Edited by dave17 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

How would this differ if i added the three new justice league members?

#23 Posted by King Saturn (225088 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter and Captain Atom should win here...

#24 Posted by WillPayton (9822 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter and Dr Manhattan got this.

#25 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter and Dr Manhattan got this.

LMAO....serioiusly though

#26 Posted by dondave (38892 posts) - - Show Bio

Even with the new additions they still win

#27 Posted by MonsterStomp (20375 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH and Atom have this easy.