This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by 18hunt (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

In DC at the Pentagon! The hulk and Red hulk are fighting in the same area.

#2 Posted by Dredeuced (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry should win. J'onn would try to read his mind and, if Sentry's not letting him in the way he would Emma, he'd get horridly, massively mindwrecked by Void who does not like people getting in Bob's head.

#3 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Void, MMH Stomps

With Void, im not sure

#4 Posted by ComicStooge (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhunter is one word.

#5 Posted by 18hunt (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

I say sentry would have a chance, unless MMH gets angry and rages. Then it is game over. but same thing opposite i guess.

#6 Posted by XiiX (9474 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done. Manhunter wins.

#7 Posted by BlueHope (360 posts) - - Show Bio

MMH

#8 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on Sentry's mental state and if Void is involve also, if Void is involve then MMH mental attack will backfire as it happened to Emma during Utopia.

If it's Sentry/Void then he wins, if not then J'onn takes it.

#9 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

Been done. Manhunter wins.

May I ask how so? I have mad respect for J'onn...but, the Sentry? Dude has complete molecular control over his own body...any damage J'onn could possibly do would be undone. If Owen Reese couldn't de-atomize the Sentry, I don't know that J'onn could do any long lasting damage.

#10 Edited by XiiX (9474 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1: Well, I try to consider the less.....open ended of Sentry's shows of combat prowess(namely where there is virtually no debatable influence of The Void present). That being said J'onn(in my opinion) has the more consistently high end feats in combat. He's beaten more higher end opponents, more often.

Now, Sentry's showing against Molecule-Man was impressive, but it's heavily disputed whether or not The Void was exerting any power of it's own. Not to mention it's the undeniable exception to the majority of his in combat showings.

#11 Posted by Saren (25116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

Dude has complete molecular control over his own body...any damage J'onn could possibly do would be undone.

Says who? Blue Marvel, Rulk, World War Hulk and Anti-Man have all KO'd Sentry with just brute force. He can undo molecule manipulation, but given that he's never undone all the times people have knocked him out just by punching him in the face repeatedly, what stops J'onn from just punching him unconscious?

Moderator
#12 Posted by Dredeuced (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not debated whether the Void was exerting power over him -- it was. When his eyes are pitch black it's void using the Sentry because he wants him to (Bob was pissed at Molecule Man). That said, he was not voided when Morgana Le Fey magically vaporized him and he came back completely unharmed, to the shock and awe of the dark avengers, so the point stands that it'd be hard to do lasting damage to him.

If it's only non void affected Sentry feats (few and far between considering they're, you know, the same guy) then J'onn has a shot in a brawl. If it's even Normal Sentry with him suppressing the Void, then J'onn's telepathy (which he has no reason not to use since he doesn't know how dangerous void is) will either get him mind wrecked, or if he can sever the connection, in an internal struggle with his inner demons ala Cyclops. Either way should open up for a pretty easy Sentry beat down.

#13 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12396 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry got mollywopped by WW Hulk as slow as he is, physically dominated. J'onn will have no trouble worsening Bob's mental state until he's reduced to tears and crying in a corner. If Void was unleashed, he'd have to deal with Fernus if things came to it and although I'd give Void a better shot, he'd have no answer for Fernus's abilities.

Online
#14 Posted by Dredeuced (5849 posts) - - Show Bio

WW Hulk was A: a low showing for his durability(kind of, it's debateable how strong Hulk was at that point and if J'onn could match him) and B: He was intentionally letting Hulk fight him, cuz, you know, they were buddies and he really wanted to punch a dude without fear of killing him. It was a plot induced scenario, PIS some might call it.

Does J'onn go into Fernus as soon as he's losing a fight? I guess there's precedent for insanity causing it and getting mindwrecked by Void could do it, but I don't think Fernus has resistance to reality warpers if we're going all out evil mode Sentry.

#15 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

Without Void, MMH Stomps

With Void, im not sure

@ComicStooge said:

Manhunter is one word.

HOW? sentry has his powers and alot more

#16 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Sentry got mollywopped by WW Hulk as slow as he is, physically dominated. J'onn will have no trouble worsening Bob's mental state until he's reduced to tears and crying in a corner. If Void was unleashed, he'd have to deal with Fernus if things came to it and although I'd give Void a better shot, he'd have no answer for Fernus's abilities.

please you are talking about wwh who beat alot of marvel and the story was about him so he would win dont use that because MM has gotten beat too by people dont bring youre marvel hate here

#17 Edited by Saren (25116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

WW Hulk was A: a low showing for his durability(kind of, it's debateable how strong Hulk was at that point and if J'onn could match him) and B: He was intentionally letting Hulk fight him, cuz, you know, they were buddies and he really wanted to punch a dude without fear of killing him. It was a plot induced scenario, PIS some might call it.

Does J'onn go into Fernus as soon as he's losing a fight? I guess there's precedent for insanity causing it and getting mindwrecked by Void could do it, but I don't think Fernus has resistance to reality warpers if we're going all out evil mode Sentry.

I do not see how Sentry getting KO'd by World War Hulk is a "low showing" for his durability. Sentry does not have a single strength or durability showing to match Hulk's repertoire, and considering he lasted much longer than anyone else in New York did against Hulk and managed to burn him out until he reverted to Banner, it's actually an excellent showing for Sentry. Anti-Man curbstomped Sentry with his bare hands. Sentry had the help of an entire Avengers team against Blue Marvel, and he was still punched unconscious and out of orbit. He similarly had the help of an entire Avengers team against Rulk, and was absolutely chumped by Ross every time he tried to attack him. Sentry intentionally letting Hulk hit him doesn't alter his durability to brute force in any way. Spider-Man recently stood still and did nothing while Punisher punched him the face to no effect. Spider-Man allowing Frank to hit him didn't change a thing because he was too durable for Frank to hurt with his fist anyway. That wasn't the case with Hulk and Sentry. Hulk KO'd Sentry because it has always been possible to KO Sentry with brute force.

People bring up Void invading Emma's mind as proof that telepathy doesn't work on Sentry, but considering that it's not the only showing Void's telepathy has, that he has other showings that include Spider-Man no-selling his telepathy on top of showings from the beginning of Bendis' run where Mastermind enters Sentry's mind and manipulates him without any harm, why would it mean Martian Manhunter is screwed the instant he tries to attack Sentry psychically? Even though the Martian is a far more powerful telepath, whose range, applications of, and experience with telepathy outstrip Emma's capabilities by a great deal? J'onn has base showings where he manipulates every mind on Earth, and high-end showings where he can access the thoughts of everyone in the galaxy. Void is a better telepath because he beat Emma Frost? Really? And speaking of Cyclops, he defeated and chained Void in a psychic box using elementary anti-telepathy tricks he picked up from Jean. You think someone with 40,000 years of telepathic experience couldn't duplicate something Scott Summers did?

Additionally, the "No lasting damage can be done to Sentry" thing doesn't make any sense to me. His powers don't work that way. He can't die, so when his body is destroyed completely, he pops back up like he did against Molecule Man and Morgana le Fay. That's only ever worked when someone has destroyed his body down to the last molecule. It has never worked against simple knockouts. If J'onn killed Sentry, he'd come back to life; if he just KO'd him, he'd be unconscious. Sentry's condition is identical to Lobo's, except without the ridiculous healing factor the Czarnian is packing. If you blew Lobo apart until there was nothing left, he'd just pop back up because he can't be killed. That doesn't mean he can't be knocked out, something that has happened several times.

Moderator
#18 Posted by ComicStooge (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades said:

@CalebHara said:

Without Void, MMH Stomps

With Void, im not sure

@ComicStooge said:

Manhunter is one word.

HOW? sentry has his powers and alot more

No, his name is 'Martian Manhunter' not 'Man Hunter'.

#19 Posted by WillPayton (9823 posts) - - Show Bio

The Martian wins.

#20 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

@jackofspades said:

@CalebHara said:

Without Void, MMH Stomps

With Void, im not sure

@ComicStooge said:

Manhunter is one word.

HOW? sentry has his powers and alot more

No, his name is 'Martian Manhunter' not 'Man Hunter'.

sentry would murder MM AND WHAT? ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

#21 Posted by ComicStooge (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades said:

@ComicStooge said:

@jackofspades said:

@CalebHara said:

Without Void, MMH Stomps

With Void, im not sure

@ComicStooge said:

Manhunter is one word.

HOW? sentry has his powers and alot more

No, his name is 'Martian Manhunter' not 'Man Hunter'.

sentry would murder MM AND WHAT? ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

I'm just saying how his name consists of 2 works, not 3. That's all.

#22 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

@jackofspades said:

@ComicStooge said:

@jackofspades said:

@CalebHara said:

Without Void, MMH Stomps

With Void, im not sure

@ComicStooge said:

Manhunter is one word.

HOW? sentry has his powers and alot more

No, his name is 'Martian Manhunter' not 'Man Hunter'.

sentry would murder MM AND WHAT? ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

I'm just saying how his name consists of 2 works, not 3. That's all.

oh okkkkkk but i never said that so again what are you talking about

#23 Posted by ComicStooge (14026 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades said:

@ComicStooge said:

@jackofspades said:

@ComicStooge said:

@jackofspades said:

@CalebHara said:

Without Void, MMH Stomps

With Void, im not sure

@ComicStooge said:

Manhunter is one word.

HOW? sentry has his powers and alot more

No, his name is 'Martian Manhunter' not 'Man Hunter'.

sentry would murder MM AND WHAT? ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

I'm just saying how his name consists of 2 works, not 3. That's all.

oh okkkkkk but i never said that so again what are you talking about

The OP did.

#24 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

@jackofspades said:

@ComicStooge said:

@jackofspades said:

@ComicStooge said:

@jackofspades said:

@CalebHara said:

Without Void, MMH Stomps

With Void, im not sure

@ComicStooge said:

Manhunter is one word.

HOW? sentry has his powers and alot more

No, his name is 'Martian Manhunter' not 'Man Hunter'.

sentry would murder MM AND WHAT? ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

I'm just saying how his name consists of 2 works, not 3. That's all.

oh okkkkkk but i never said that so again what are you talking about

The OP did.

so pm him why me

#25 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter wins

#26 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3226 posts) - - Show Bio

A stable minded Sentry would win.

#27 Posted by spetsnaz_gru (235 posts) - - Show Bio

MM > Sentry

Fernus > Sentry + Void

#28 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3226 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Sentry got mollywopped by WW Hulk as slow as he is, physically dominated. J'onn will have no trouble worsening Bob's mental state until he's reduced to tears and crying in a corner. If Void was unleashed, he'd have to deal with Fernus if things came to it and although I'd give Void a better shot, he'd have no answer for Fernus's abilities.

Sentry was holding back because he was trying to revert Hulk back into Banner. Which is why he was taking hits. Sentry always calmed the Hulk down by absorbing his gamma energy.

And the Sentry that fought WWHulk was not even Sentry at his best because Sentry was not even in his stable mind, which means he can't use all his limitless powers.

#29 Posted by Bo88gdan (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

sentry wins

#30 Posted by Saren (25116 posts) - - Show Bio

I just remembered I've debated for the Martian against Sentry on another thread, so this is a dupe. Flagged.

Moderator
#31 Posted by God_Spawn (38342 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Sentry got mollywopped by WW Hulk as slow as he is, physically dominated. J'onn will have no trouble worsening Bob's mental state until he's reduced to tears and crying in a corner. If Void was unleashed, he'd have to deal with Fernus if things came to it and although I'd give Void a better shot, he'd have no answer for Fernus's abilities.

This isn't even accurate. You completely missed the context of the WWh fight.

Moderator
#32 Posted by God_Spawn (38342 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyways, dupe.

Moderator