And the reason why, Flash?

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The WeatherMan

Cause Manhunter is badazz. A Martian badazz.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Prodigal Son

.....this is why I don't usually participate in the battle threads.....

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The WeatherMan

Heh I was just kidding. I know Martian can hold par on par with Superman, and I doubt Jack can do the same. Plus, all Manhunter has to do is start damaging the city around them, and Jack will become weakened. That is all.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Jack took out a monster that was killing literally hordes of Superman-level characters. He kills villains with the same, if not more destructive power than MM almost daily. If none of them could destroy the cities he was in when they fought, how would MM do it? Also, the city isn't an inanimate thing. When Jack's there it's alive and ready to fight and can even be worn as armor. And since when does MM go around destroying cities full of people anyway?

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

This really all depends on what J'onn we're talking about.

Normal J'onn = Dubbed the most powerful being on DC's Earth, but is mostly pacifistic.

Fernus = Completely insane, maniacal J'onn, hell-bent on setting the world aflame.

New J'onn = J'onn without inhibitions when it comes to winning a fight.

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Also, his complete control over his own molecular density and shape could change the battle significantly if used correctly. What good is a giant City-Robot if it can't touch one of the most powerful psychics in the universe?

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

The White Martians mentioned that they have different ways of configuring their bodies for a fight, like different stances in martial arts. The 'Storm of Hammers' and the 'Flesh Vortex' are the two named. I think J'onn knows them, though his green nature means that he never really uses them.

I think it's tough to call who would win. Fisticuffs would probably go to Jack, despite J'onn's impressive defences. However, J'onn could probably hide from the city part and go straight for Jack's mind. I think J'onn would win that, although the psychic power of a city would certainly even things out.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I thought MM would win, I just didn't think Photon's physical approach was the way to do it. The mental attack is a better bet, but still, Jack (who already has psychic defenses) as the city would be a difficult guy to take down mentally. I think the phasing is the key since MM can be untouchable until he breaks his way into Jack, the city and the people's minds.

I also wanted to see if anyone would mention MM turning into a giant robot himself, since he's done it before so he could fight another giant robot.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The WeatherMan

I don't know much about Jack, I didn't think he was as powerful physically as Superman or Martian. Phasing and such, then an unexpected attack from behind can have good impact on Jack. I still think Martian can win.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Buckshot says:

"I also wanted to see if anyone would mention MM turning into a giant robot himself, since he's done it before so he could fight another giant robot."
I'd forgotten about that.

The 'Bio Armor Jade Warrior' (Martian Manhunter #2).
Post Edited:2007-04-29 14:28:43
Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Prodigal Son

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Buckshot says:
"I also wanted to see if anyone would mention MM turning into a giant robot himself, since he's done it before so he could fight another giant robot."
I'd forgotten about that.

The 'Bio Armor Jade Warrior' (Martian Manhunter #2).
Post Edited:2007-04-29 14:28:43"

I remember that story arc. I had a real hard time taking it seriously. It does, however, bring up an idea. Could MM steal mass from the city itself, and if so, would that subtract from Hawksmoor's powers? Or, if MM absorbed the mass of the city, would he then come under control of Hawksmoor because he's taken part of what Jack can control into himself.?

A conundrum.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

If MM stole the mass from the city, it's part of his body not the city. Then again, if MM is in the city, he is one of it's citizens and thus under Jack's control (if I understand his power correctly).

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

If MM only took the mass (and not materials) then I think it would weaken Jack since the size of the city is tied to how much it powers Jack. It looks like MM takes more than just the mass though, since he says he gets armor from metal in the city. Jack might still be able to control him but it's hard to say since Jack's powers are never actually explained in a way that would say how he would react to something like this. However, he could just suck MM back into the city (he's done it to giant aliens before) and he'd get everything back either way.

@ Cosmic: Jack doesn't control the people in the city, he controls the city itself. One way it was described was that the city is the body and the people are the blood, with Jack as the brain of it all I guess.

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

It's a bit hard to say what happens when MM absorbs mass from the world around him. I think if it's Mars he has total control of it, but not Earth. J'onn uses the Earth to heal himself in one of the comics (he does it in MM#8 and explains in #9), but he says that he is weakened until he replaces it with Martian matter. If it were a Martian city, then I think J'onn would easily have control. NYC on the other hand would not be under J'onn's complete control without a great deal of effort and could be wrestled from him.

@ Buckshot: I am a little uncertain of Jack's powers. I'd never heard of him before today.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sync

lol, i wil let you guys ask the question you ask, but for my 2cents i say mm wins

and great qusetions guys

flamingmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By flamingmuffin

martian probably