Mario vs. Megaman (classic)

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By soduh2

Both have access to all weapons and power ups they've used in the past. Who wins?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Joewell911

sadly megaman, unless mario gets a star or gaint mushrom. the mario games r better IMHO.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By soduh2

I don't think Megaman has any counter for Mario's invincibility items. Yet Mario is more vulnerable when the power ups run out.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cuddles666

Megaman. Even if Mario gets a star, he's still vulnerable to lava and pitfalls. I'm sure Megaman has a lava gun somewhere......

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Joewell911

thats what i was thinking

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

That picture.

No Caption Provided
ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ximpossibrux

Straight up MegaMan wins.

With Powerups Mario wins.

@cuddles666 said:

Megaman. Even if Mario gets a star, he's still vulnerable to lava and pitfalls. I'm sure Megaman has a lava gun somewhere......

Metal Mario is invincible to lava, and the only reason Mario dies from Pitfalls because he "falls of screen."

And Last time I checked the lava balls flying up have no effect on Star Mario

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Megaman is fast enough to dodge Star Mario and has time control .... so unless star power lasts forever, Megaman wins

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Megaman is fast enough to dodge Star Mario and has time control .... so unless star power lasts forever, Megaman wins

This.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By soduh2

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Mario has time control too.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@soduh2 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Mario has time control too.

what item gives him time control ....

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Floopay

Megaman can still win via BFR. Lets not forget he has his Gravity Gun and a myriad of ways to blast Mario off a ledge, cliff, or just in general somewhere where he can't return from (not death via falling off the screen, moreso put him somewhere where he can't return to the battlefield). And Star Power doesn't last forever, Megaman has a gun and ranged weaponry for a reason, it's not like he's big on up front combat, so the whole argument of "Megaman accidently punching Mario" is null and void to anyone who thought about making it.

Mario still has fire flower, penguin suit, raccoon tail, etc. But Megman has special mega suits that allow him flight, massive strength boosts, etc. Plus he's got like 50 different weapons in his arsenal he can call upon instantly, plus he has his Ultimate Armors. Remember, he doesn't necessarily have to attack Mario, he can destroy the battlefield as well to put Mario in a position where he's trapped. Star Power lasts all of 30 seconds, and Megaman is a range character who should have a speed/mobility advantage with his suit, plus he has a huge versatility advantage.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By soduh2

He has a stopwatch from Super Mario Bros. 2 and the second Paper Mario for the game cube.

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chronus

Megaman.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@soduh2 said:

He has a stopwatch from Super Mario Bros. 2 and the second Paper Mario for the game cube.

how long does it last ....

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By soduh2

What's Megaman going to do if Mario uses the Mega mushroom? (I think Megaman wins, just asking)

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By soduh2

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@soduh2 said:

I think about 5 seconds.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolfrazer

Wow that picture is hardcore lol.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joewell911

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

That picture.

No Caption Provided

heres a less scarring pic

No Caption Provided
soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By soduh2

Right before Sonic blitzed him through the stomach.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@soduh2 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@soduh2 said:

I think about 5 seconds.

5 seconds might not cut it when Megaman is durable enough to withstand the force of a tower crashing down on him .....

Megaman's time stop lasts longer than 5 seconds ....Flash Stopper

Acrosurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Acrosurge

My apologies. I fear I may be on a bit of a Mega Man apologetic roll.

In there base forms, Mario has no way to hurt Mega Man. Rock's durability, agility, firepower, and physical strength far dwarf the diminutive plumber. I will give Mario the edge in jumping ability, but that really is no counter for what Mega Man can bring. Mega Man is used to taking missiles to the face. A stomp isn't going to harm him at all.

If power ups are given, Mega Man's victory becomes even easier. Not only can he stop time, hit Mario with 20x gravity and then antigravity, black holes, tornadoes, lightning, acid rain, and astroids (and so much more), but he has the perfect answer to Mario's Star power. Beat Shield provides complete invulnerability for over a minute. This is way longer than Mario's invincibility lasts.

RubyWilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrosurge: Biased. Mario's speed,agility,firepower, and physical strength makes scrap metal out of the blue bastard. Mario has yes way being Megaman. Megaman can lose heath very easily when encountering sharp objects. Mario survived a supernova and defeated two Megaversal bowsers and one of them was nigh omnipotent. Mario also has the star rod too. A stomp is going to harm Megaman.

If powerups are given then Mario easily godstomps with this victory. Megaman can't stop time that longer because Mario can use the stopwatch and the star rod. Mario can just stop time,hit Megaman with 50x gravity,anti gravity,8 nigh omnipotent gods, and so many others. Beat shield is nothing but fodder because it doesn't help him that much. Mario has the white Tanooki leaf that can last forever. That is way longer than Megaman's beat shield. Mario has the answer to Megaman's power. Mario can easily stomp Megaman and that's a fact fanboy.

MrBarnes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrBarnes

@ancient_0f_days: mm time stop is still short so it doesn't make a big difference. Still, MegaMan is faster than Mario so I'll give him that.