Mario and Link vs. Popeye

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JohnnyZ256

Mario and Link have an unlimited number of weapons and equipment from the NES and SNES games. The two also have 100 hours of prep and full intel on Popeye. They are bloodlusted.

Popeye has 2 cans of spinach, zero prep, and is in character.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Popeye + Spinach + Toon Force = Instant Win.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario takes unlimited supply of green mushroom. He waits until the current episode ends and one shot Popeye in next episode.

Aee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Popeye annihilates. Mismatch.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mario and Link

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nintendo

Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario and Link via attrition.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Either Nintendo character solos

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Popeye solos with easy

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario or link can solo.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IndomitableRegal

Popeye is on Bugs Bunny's level of toon force and he has 2 cans of spinach. 2 of them. I'm siding with Popeye.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Popeye is on Bugs Bunny's level of toon force and he has 2 cans of spinach. 2 of them. I'm siding with Popeye.

Popeye is not anywhere near Bugs Bunny's level of toon force. He has it to a slight degree, but he doesn't constantly warp reality at the level Bugs Bunny does. He basically just gets superhuman from spinach. He doesn't do as many things like defy gravity, make objects appear from thin air, create costumes from nothing that instantly appear on him, or change the laws of physics so his attacker's tactics backfire on them in impossible ways.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@indomitableregal said:

Popeye is not anywhere near Bugs Bunny's level of toon force. He has it to a slight degree, but he doesn't constantly warp reality at the level Bugs Bunny does. He basically just gets superhuman from spinach. He doesn't do as many things like defy gravity, make objects appear from thin air, create costumes from nothing that instantly appear on him, or change the laws of physics so his attacker's tactics backfire on them in impossible ways.

No, but here's a post from 2 1/2 years ago (courtesy of @toby5678910):

"-Popeye once lifted the earth in one of the Fleischer shorts that was spoofing Greek Mythology.

-He dog paddled an island that both he and Olive Oyl were stranded on back to the mainland.

-With a lasso, he pulled the Grand Canyon together just so he could reach Bluto on the other side

-He knocked a comet that would have destroyed the earth into tiny bits.

-He punched Bluto so hard, Bluto hit the full moon, which was blown apart so that only a crescent was left

-He pulled the moon closer to earth

-He stopped a martian invasion by punching the fleet all the way back to Mars.

- He pulled the world's continents back together again with only a lasso.

-He knocked Bluto so hard, Bluto broke through the time stream and deaged into an infant

-He knocked Bluto so hard, he destroyed the constellations and altered the night sky.

-He lassoed the sun and pulled it up just so the morning would come quicker.

-He blew the sun out like a candle so he could get some private time with Olive Oyl.

-In an episode spoofing Exodus where he played Moses, he got tired of waiting for God and parted the Red Sea himself.

-He becomes a master of any discipline after taking spinach. He led a twenty man band, where he was the band himself, became a master musician, master sculptor, brilliant scientist, and a master magician.

-Taking spinach renders him immune to magic. Bluto once tried to turn him into a frog, but he punched the spell back at Bluto. Also Zeus tried to zap Popeye with a lightning bolt, but Popeye punched it back at him, thus defeating Zeus by frying him.

-Popeye can ressurect himself from the dead with spinach. His nephews force fed some to his lifeless body. Popeye's soul returned to his body, which got up and proceeded to beat the crap out of Bluto.

-Popeye resisted being wiped out of existence by an animator. His pipe was fed spinach, Popeye willed himself back, and then he beat up the animator. Which brings me to...

-Popeye can resist mind control after eating spinach. An evil hypnotist hypnotized Popeye into thinking he was a chicken. Popeye ate some spinach, snapped out of it, and then counter hypnotized the hypnotist into thinking he was a baby.

*collected feats from gamefaqs"

So, yeah....still siding with Popeye

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: Ya, I wasn't trying to say Popeye loses, just that he doesn't have the toon force of Bugs Bunny, as his power lies solely in becoming superhuman from spinach, where Bugs Bunny is a no limits reality warper.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario and Link win here. Popeye should be considered 'stronger' by normal human standards, but that's it. Zelda & Mario can both get powers that amplify their abilities.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@indomitableregal: Ya, I wasn't trying to say Popeye loses, just that he doesn't have the toon force of Bugs Bunny, as his power lies solely in becoming superhuman from spinach, where Bugs Bunny is a no limits reality warper.

Fair enough, although beating up the animator is a pretty good feat. Lol

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

Mario and Link via attrition.

Attrition doesn't affect toon force. It defies logic.

@tparks said:

I agree he's not on Bugs' level, but he has shown to "warp reality" in his own way.

No Caption Provided

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I wonder if Mario characters are the closest thing to Toon Force in video games.....

Either way I see Popeye having the majority but the team does have a shot at winning considering the nature of Popeye`s Toon Force and the fact that the team has prep.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolfrazer
Mayan_Fist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan:

As someone said before me Link and Mario have access to infinite lives, hearts, fairies, and so on, meaning that Popeye can never truly kill them. Plus, there's the fact that his spinach powers run out after a period of time.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mayan_fist: You can have infinite lives all you want... doesn't really help when someone can punch you off the planet... Unless Link and Mario have developed massive ranged teleportation when I wasn't looking?

TheAmazingYOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheAmazingYOLO
No Caption Provided

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@ordinaryalan: That feat was pure awesome.

Indeed it was. ;)

@ordinaryalan: @tparks: Amusing enough, Woody did pretty much the same thing too. :P

No Caption Provided

Yeah, Woody has some reality warping abilities, no doubt. Popeye vs Woody would be a good battle, I think.

@ordinaryalan:

As someone said before me Link and Mario have access to infinite lives, hearts, fairies, and so on, meaning that Popeye can never truly kill them. Plus, there's the fact that his spinach powers run out after a period of time.

The thing about toon force is that it doesn't matter what the established "rules" are. It can supersede just about anything.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wolfrazer

@ordinaryalan: Woody is pretty high up there on the scale, tbh I put him at Bugs' level, abit slightly less perhaps. But aside from a few things, Woody has done pretty much exactly what Bugs has done and on a more violent level, interestingly enough Bugs n Woody are technically half-brothers too.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: I see. I'm not overly familiar with Woody, tbh. I don't think I've ever even seen the cartoon.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolfrazer

@ordinaryalan: :O, Yeah but no harm, his cartoons aren't as well pronounced as the likes of Looney Tunes. But yeah, Woody has shown some legit stuff, he's used guns, is a legit bullet timer, violent and takes no **** from anyone, among other crazy and ridiculous things, pretty amusing stuff.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers