Mara Jade Vs. Darth Zannah

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Round 1: NJO Mara Jade Vs. Darth Zannah on the Rakatan Temple on Lehon. No prep, lightsabers and the Force are both being used.

Round 2: LotF Mara Jade in the same place where Mara fought Darth Caedus. Once again, no prep and lightsabers and the Force are both being used.

Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Versus

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#2  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Bump

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@jedixman@deronn_solo I think (especially for JXM) that this would be a good fight to discuss.

I don't quite know who will win. LotF Mara isn't any different, really, except for her horrific inconsistencies in between stalemating Lumiya and then nearly beating Caedus.

Force Mastery is the most difficult part to determine. Outside of Sorcery-related areas, probably Mara. She did create Force Barriers that have withstood explosions, although Zannah has done similarly as a child, but I would assume the latter was more a showing of potential than power at the time. Probably about even in this regard, and Zannah snapping Jedi necks easily should be an edge for her in telekinesis. However, in other areas, such as non-Sorcery telepathy, Mara should have the decisive edge. I recall her probing about 30 or 40 minds at once in the Rebellion era alone, so by the NJO era, she should be significantly more proficient. I also recall her displaying Heal to ward off disease from an unborn Ben, and she has better Force Speed showings. Zannah's Sorcery is impressive, but Mara has good TP feats, so she should resist.

For skill, Mara pretty easily. She has sparred with Corran Horn, who considered her his superior, and Horn is a fairly skilful combatant as well - he has beaten Jensaari, Yuuzhan Vong (or at least did well against them, but IIRC, he did beat some anyway), fought evenly with Valin Horn whilst holding back, etc. Mara herself has performed well against Vong warriors, and we have seen that Vong as a whole have a good track record against beings from Princess Leia to Kyp Durron to Jaina to Jacen Solo, some of which are vastly more skilled than Zannah. Mara has also fought evenly with Lumiya, which is a considerable showing. Zannah has only fought evenly with Bane and beaten Set Harth, the latter of which is featless and the former of which isn't overly impressive. Mara is significantly more skilled, and a much more flexible duelist - with Zannah only specializing in defense and possessing poor offensive skills.

Between considerably superior skill, superior speed, greater Force-generated skills, and more versatility, Mara should win this almost every time. Zannah's only victory condition is Sorcery, which might not even be successful to begin with.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4 JediXMan  Moderator
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers