• 55 results
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By whacknasty

Random clash number two.  Mandrakk has been throwing insults out at whoever will listen, and this time it just so happens to be aimed at Jackie and the Darkness.  Both being pretty tough guys/entities, the insults turn to violence... 

Both are in character, with the Darkness while it assumes its highest displayed level of power (overall in a comic, canon and non canon).  Battle beings in a pocket universe provided kindly by Franklin Richards.  Win by incapacitation and ruthless mocking or death... 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Are you saying highest power seen by Jackie or the Darkness entity itself? It makes a huge difference.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Crom-Cruach said:

"Are you saying highest power seen by Jackie or the Darkness entity itself? It makes a huge difference. "

U think
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By whacknasty
@Crom-Cruach said:

" Are you saying highest power seen by Jackie or the Darkness entity itself? It makes a huge difference. "

Sorry, i probably worded that in a confusing way. 

The highest level the Darkness has been shown in a comic, canon and/or non canon.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@whacknasty: Then the Darkness curbstomps Mandrakk and spits on what's left.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By whacknasty
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @whacknasty: Then the Darkness curbstomps Mandrakk and spits on what's left. "
Lol. Very funny image...

Maybe I'm over estimating Monitors then?  Or just Mandrakk in particular?
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@whacknasty said:
"Lol. Very funny image...  Maybe I'm over estimating Monitors then?  Or just Mandrakk in particular? "
I don't know. Or maybe you aren't familiar with Top Cow characters. Most people on the vine aren't

In any case the Darkness entity that gives Jackie's powers is far above Mandrakk, encompassing an entire portion of the universe.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By sexy_merc

Didn't Mandrakk use a blast at Thought Robot with the power of 10 billion suns? The Monitors of all the DC Universes had to build something to match Mandrakk so I'd think he's much above a universe.

Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fist_of_Mandalore

Full powered Darkness wins this without much effort.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sexy_merc

Darkness is powerful enough to stop Mandrakk?

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Achilles.

Darkness

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Sexy Merc said:
" Didn't Mandrakk use a blast at Thought Robot with the power of 10 billion suns? The Monitors of all the DC Universes had to build something to match Mandrakk so I'd think he's much above a universe. "
The monitors had trouble dealing with heroes far below the multiversal. And that billions suns but is about worth as much as what fanboys say about Sentry. The Darkness entity that empowers Jackie has full dominion over things Mandrakk's powers do not, he couldn't even hurt the Darkness entity.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sexy_merc
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" Didn't Mandrakk use a blast at Thought Robot with the power of 10 billion suns? The Monitors of all the DC Universes had to build something to match Mandrakk so I'd think he's much above a universe. "
The monitors had trouble dealing with heroes far below the multiversal. And that billions suns but is about worth as much as what fanboys say about Sentry. The Darkness entity that empowers Jackie has full dominion over things Mandrakk's powers do not, he couldn't even hurt the Darkness entity. "
When he was fighting the Thought Robot is said with he throws a blast with the power of 10 billion suns, it's nothing like the Sentry thing.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@Sexy Merc said:

"When he was fighting the Thought Robot is said with he throws a blast with the power of 10 billion suns, it's nothing like the Sentry thing. "

Not much, how exactly can we actually assume that blast has the power of a billion suns when nothing in the depiction resembles it.

This is also rather moot since Mandrakk is a denizen of the primordial darkness/evil and lives in that realm but isn't it creator or it's controller. Ergo the Darkness is more powerful as all Darkness is under his dominion.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sexy_merc
@Crom-Cruach said:
"  @Sexy Merc said:

"When he was fighting the Thought Robot is said with he throws a blast with the power of 10 billion suns, it's nothing like the Sentry thing. "

Not much, how exactly can we actually assume that blast has the power of a billion suns when nothing in the depiction resembles it.  This is also rather moot since Mandrakk is a denizen of the primordial darkness/evil and lives in that realm but isn't it creator or it's controller. Ergo the Darkness is more powerful as all Darkness is under his dominion. "
The Thought Robot was huge though, like bigger than the jar containing all 52 Universes, and it was an energy blast containing the power of 10 billion suns so the depiction of his size and that fact that it was an energy blast should prove it's power in my opinion.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Sexy Merc said:
" The Thought Robot was huge though, like bigger than the jar containing all 52 Universes, and it was an energy blast containing the power of 10 billion suns so the depiction of his size and that fact that it was an energy blast should prove it's power in my opinion. "
I don't know looking at that picture in Final Crisis, I can't say I was really impressed. That still doesn't make him stronger then the Darkness entity however, as that entity emcompasses all Darkness and the inherent concepts that make it up in every world that makes up top cow. In this sense, if there were multiple alternate realities in Top Cow, the darkness entity would have dominion over them
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sexy_merc
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" The Thought Robot was huge though, like bigger than the jar containing all 52 Universes, and it was an energy blast containing the power of 10 billion suns so the depiction of his size and that fact that it was an energy blast should prove it's power in my opinion. "
I don't know looking at that picture in Final Crisis, I can't say I was really impressed. That still doesn't make him stronger then the Darkness entity however, as that entity emcompasses all Darkness and the inherent concepts that make it up in every world that makes up top cow. In this sense, if there were multiple alternate realities in Top Cow, the darkness entity would have dominion over them "
Well you know much more about Darkness than me and you're one of the most credible people on this site in my opinion, so I'll take your word for it.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Sexy Merc:  That said, I fully aknowledge that we haven't seen much of Mandrakk and am fully ready to change my opinion openly if credible evidence shows that I am wrong.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:
" Darkness is powerful enough to stop Mandrakk? "
Even if Mandrakk can create blasts as strong as 10 billion suns. It wouldn't matter. A full powered Darkness can make himself infinitely strong, infinitely durable, etc. Jackie now couldn't do that, but a full power Darkness would walk all over Mandrakk, there just isn't any amount of power he could create that could hurt the Darkness.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sexy_merc
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Even if Mandrakk can create blasts as strong as 10 billion suns. It wouldn't matter. A full powered Darkness can make himself infinitely strong, infinitely durable, etc. Jackie now couldn't do that, but a full power Darkness would walk all over Mandrakk, there just isn't any amount of power he could create that could hurt the Darkness. "
Scans of the infinite stuff?
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Even if Mandrakk can create blasts as strong as 10 billion suns. It wouldn't matter. A full powered Darkness can make himself infinitely strong, infinitely durable, etc. Jackie now couldn't do that, but a full power Darkness would walk all over Mandrakk, there just isn't any amount of power he could create that could hurt the Darkness. "
Scans of the infinite stuff? "
I got off work not too long ago. So let me go through all my trades and comics and stuff to see if I have it. Might not post it back till tomorrow if thats cool?
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sexy_merc
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
I got off work not too long ago. So let me go through all my trades and comics and stuff to see if I have it. Might not post it back till tomorrow if thats cool? "
That's fine and if you can't post scans, issue numbers would suffice or trades. I've been meaning to get into Jackie anyway and you're credible too.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
I got off work not too long ago. So let me go through all my trades and comics and stuff to see if I have it. Might not post it back till tomorrow if thats cool? "
That's fine and if you can't post scans, issue numbers would suffice or trades. I've been meaning to get into Jackie anyway and you're credible too. "
Yeah, if you can find the time to read anything Darkness related its well worth it. The Darkness is an incredibly cool power and Jackie is easily one of the most intriguing characters I have ever read. Darkness is to me what Kyle is to you, lol.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CosmicSpiral

I've never seen the full Darkness and I hope it proves to be a match for Mandrakk. His nanotechnology alone was invading the Multiverse, and he defeated the Spectre and the Radiant simultaneously. It took a metaphysical plot device and some extreme hand-waving to defeat him. 

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sexy_merc
@Fist_of_Mandalore: Haha, so you have all of Jackie's appearances?

: p

You seem to like a lot of dark characters like him and Lobo.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CosmicSpiral said:
" I've never seen the full Darkness and I hope it proves to be a match for Mandrakk. His nanotechnology alone was invading the Multiverse, and he defeated the Spectre and the Radiant simultaneously. It took a metaphysical plot device and some extreme hand-waving to defeat him.  "
The only real thing that can stop a full powered Darkness is the Angelus. But in the comics they have an issue in the future where Jackie has fully imprisoned the Angelus force and has the entire planet conquered. 
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" I've never seen the full Darkness and I hope it proves to be a match for Mandrakk. His nanotechnology alone was invading the Multiverse, and he defeated the Spectre and the Radiant simultaneously. It took a metaphysical plot device and some extreme hand-waving to defeat him.  "
The only real thing that can stop a full powered Darkness is the Angelus. But in the comics they have an issue in the future where Jackie has fully imprisoned the Angelus force and has the entire planet conquered.  "
What can a full powered Darkness do? I haven't seen the Angelus perform feats on the scale of Mandrakk, and scale is important to consider when you're talking about him. 
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:

" @Fist_of_Mandalore: Haha, so you have all of Jackie's appearances?  : p  You seem to like a lot of dark characters like him and Lobo. "

Thats how I've always been. Always been into the Heroes who aren't afraid to kill. The Darkness and Lobo are more than likely my top two favorite characters. But being Dark isn't the only thing I like. Lobo seriously has some of the most hilarious trades I've ever read. I've literally had to put the book down at times because I was laughing so hard(yeah I know, mega nerd). 

EDIT: Didn't even see the first sentence. Umm, no I don't think I do to be totally honest. I have most of it, but I don't think I have it all. I've been meaning to go back and look at my Darkness collection. So I'll have to go back and then I can give you a more accurate estimate.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sexy_merc
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore: Haha, so you have all of Jackie's appearances?  : p  You seem to like a lot of dark characters like him and Lobo. "
Thats how I've always been. Always been into the Heroes who aren't afraid to kill. The Darkness and Lobo are more than likely my top two favorite characters. But being Dark isn't the only thing I like. Lobo seriously has some of the most hilarious trades I've ever read. I've literally had to put the book down at times because I was laughing so hard(yeah I know, mega nerd). "
I've had similar reactions to Lobo comics, he's awesome, lol.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CosmicSpiral said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
The only real thing that can stop a full powered Darkness is the Angelus. But in the comics they have an issue in the future where Jackie has fully imprisoned the Angelus force and has the entire planet conquered.  "
What can a full powered Darkness do? I haven't seen the Angelus perform feats on the scale of Mandrakk, and scale is important to consider when you're talking about him.  "
A lot of it is more Hybebole than anything. But I believe it has been show in glimpses of the future and one-shot issues and such. I'm going to go and look at my collection and see if I have any scans to upload for you and merc. But as it is stated the Darkness is literally half the universe. The other half being light or the Angelus force. The wielder of the Darkness has the ability to do pretty much anything. Infinitely strong, durable, etc. Its not known if the Darkness has limits, but I would pretty much assume not. The Darkness entity is pretty much a god. God created the universe(in the Top Cow universe) and out of it the Darkness and Angelus were born, the two most powerful forces only below the all mighty creator. So you could imagine pretty damn powerful. Unfortunately most of the comics are simply Jackie and him wielding the Darkness. And Jackie is just now beginning to comprehend it, but he still isn't even close to mastering it.@Sexy Merc said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Thats how I've always been. Always been into the Heroes who aren't afraid to kill. The Darkness and Lobo are more than likely my top two favorite characters. But being Dark isn't the only thing I like. Lobo seriously has some of the most hilarious trades I've ever read. I've literally had to put the book down at times because I was laughing so hard(yeah I know, mega nerd). "
I've had similar reactions to Lobo comics, he's awesome, lol. "
Thats he is. But I've also been impressed with Kyle over the past few years. Hal used to be my favorite Lantern(still is), but Kyle is quickly climbing the charts!!!
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sexy_merc
@Fist_of_Mandalore: I have every appearance of Kyle and he's been awesome since the 90s, in recent years, not as awesome.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore:I have every appearance of Kyle and he's been awesome since the 90s, in recent years, not as awesome. "
Thats actually impressive in my opinion. The only character I probably have everything of is Lobo. And lets face it, Its not like Lobo has been in much since his creation so its not all that  great. Alright, man. I'm tired from work, lol. Tomorrow I'm going through my old Darkness comics and  I'm going to do my best to see if I can come up with scans. If not, I will hunt down the issues in which they are  and let you know ;)
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sexy_merc
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @Fist_of_Mandalore:I have every appearance of Kyle and he's been awesome since the 90s, in recent years, not as awesome. "
Thats actually impressive in my opinion. The only character I probably have everything of is Lobo. And lets face it, Its not like Lobo has been in much since his creation so its not all that  great. Alright, man. I'm tired from work, lol. Tomorrow I'm going through my old Darkness comics and  I'm going to do my best to see if I can come up with scans. If not, I will hunt down the issues in which they are  and let you know ;) "
Alright man, cool.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sexy_merc

Bump

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King_Saturn
this is an interesting thread... though Mandrakk should win this fight here
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sexy_merc
@King Saturn said:
" this is an interesting thread... though Mandrakk should win this fight here "
Apparently the Darkness Entity itself is infinitely powerful but I don't know much about it. Just got started on Darkness.
Avatar image for comicfanforever
comicfanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By comicfanforever

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By geraldthesloth

Mandrakk is easily more powerful..this is a spite thread.

Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldthesloth said:
" Mandrakk is easily more powerful..this is a spite thread. "
OP stated this is full power Darkness. 
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
OP stated this is full power Darkness.  "
So? There isn't any full power darkness feats.

in fact the idea of controlling Darkness is useless against a being who exists beyond Space and Time.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldthesloth said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
So? There isn't any full power darkness feats.  in fact the idea of controlling Darkness is useless against a being who exists beyond Space and Time. "
Unfortunately that is too true. I have been going through my old Darkness comics like crazy for Merc to try and show him what a full powered Darkness is capable of doing, but I can't, then again I am missing some stuff can't seem to find it. A full powered Darkness is said to only be able to be stopped by one single force and that is the Angelus force. So there is no feats, and its technically Hyperbole, but I don't see how Mandrakk is going to hurt him when he isn't the Angelus force.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
So? There isn't any full power darkness feats.  in fact the idea of controlling Darkness is useless against a being who exists beyond Space and Time. "
Unfortunately that is too true. I have been going through my old Darkness comics like crazy for Merc to try and show him what a full powered Darkness is capable of doing, but I can't, then again I am missing some stuff can't seem to find it. A full powered Darkness is said to only be able to be stopped by one single force and that is the Angelus force. So there is no feats, and its technically Hyperbole, but I don't see how Mandrakk is going to hurt him when he isn't the Angelus force. "
You pretty much stated yourself that there isn't any full powered Darkness feats.

Darkness has lost fights to people that were not Angelus and don't exist beyond the 52 universes.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CosmicSpiral

If the Darkness has no feats at full level, then this is a battle that goes nowhere. 

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By geraldthesloth
@CosmicSpiral said:
" If the Darkness has no feats at full level, then this is a battle that Mandrakk wins in.  "
Edited <3
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldthesloth said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
Unfortunately that is too true. I have been going through my old Darkness comics like crazy for Merc to try and show him what a full powered Darkness is capable of doing, but I can't, then again I am missing some stuff can't seem to find it. A full powered Darkness is said to only be able to be stopped by one single force and that is the Angelus force. So there is no feats, and its technically Hyperbole, but I don't see how Mandrakk is going to hurt him when he isn't the Angelus force. "
You pretty much stated yourself that there isn't any full powered Darkness feats.  Darkness has lost fights to people that were not Angelus and don't exist beyond the 52 universes. "
While I'm not going to argue for who wins, because unfortunately there isn't any Full Powered Darkness feats. Thoses loses were not full powered Darkness, simply Jackie wielding which is nothing to the full powered. So you can't really use those against him, but at the same time as of right now I have nothing to use for him either. All that I have is a bunch of different pages stating what the Darkness can do, but nothing to truly back it up.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@geraldthesloth said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" If the Darkness has no feats at full level, then this is a battle that Mandrakk wins in.  "
Edited <3 "
NUH-UH. I mean what I say, and I say what I mean. 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sexy_merc

Mandrakk wins here then.

Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:

" Mandrakk wins here then. "

Yes he does. Looked back at all my Darkness comics. I'm not really finding anything. A lot of pages stating he can do certain things, and statements of it being the most poweful force in the universe, including one page where the guy says the Darkness is 'The force on crack", but nothing that truly backs it up. 

EDIT: If we actually used Hyberboles as evidence on this site, then Darkness should spank him.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By sexy_merc
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Yes he does. Looked back at all my Darkness comics. I'm not really finding anything. A lot of pages stating he can do certain things, and statements of it being the most poweful force in the universe, including one page where the guy says the Darkness is 'The force on crack", but nothing that truly backs it up. "
Oh, alright. I got a good deal of Darkness comics recently.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Yes he does. Looked back at all my Darkness comics. I'm not really finding anything. A lot of pages stating he can do certain things, and statements of it being the most poweful force in the universe, including one page where the guy says the Darkness is 'The force on crack", but nothing that truly backs it up. "
Oh, alright. I got a good deal of Darkness comics recently. "
Sweet man, you should enjoy them. Were they from his original series that was just called Origins? Or the new series which is called Accursed?