#1 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

After his apparent suicide, Manchester Black's soul is sent to the Marvel universe. There he is resurrected by the Shi'ar Death Commando's to serve them in their mission, to eliminate Jean Grey. Showing Manchester Black the horror's which Jean Grey has committed as the Dark Phoenix, he agrees to hunt her down and kill her. Upon reaching Earth, he finds Jean Grey in New York City. She is alone and is in Time Square, there are people around and this battle takes place during the day. Both are in-character. Jean Grey does not have the phoenix. The battles starts with Manchester Black levitating in the air over Jean Grey, proclaiming to everyone that he is here to slay the ultimate evil in the world. Jean Grey does not know who Manchester Black is, but is able to sense that he is a telepath and telekinetic like her.

Time Square
#2 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey stompz

#3 Posted by Sideslash (5918 posts) - - Show Bio

What feats does Manchester have that give him the right to fight Jean?

#4 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash:

He protected Luthor from being telepathically probed by MM during OWAW.

He also mind-swapped Bizarro and Superman. then laid traps to prevent MM from finding out who did it.

He also reprogrammed Doomsday into attacking Imperiex probes, and ignoring Superman...which in itself is a pretty high end feat.

He also mind controlled all of Superman's rogues and had them fight Superman.

While controlling Bizarro and Silver Banshee, he was able to temporarily grant them enough sanity to enable them to communicate and form plans.

He was able to give Superman the equivalent of a stroke, for example, by telekinetically pinching blood vessels in Superman's brain.

#5 Edited by Dextersinister (6517 posts) - - Show Bio

Manchester Black was an obscenely powerful telepath and telekinetic, standard Jean Grey doesn't come anywhere close to his level of power.

The ability to control multiple people at once with little effort automatically puts him ahead of Jean Grey as Jean and the Professor must concentrate to control one without the aid of cerebro.

#6 Posted by Roddy010 (5449 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

Manchester Black was an obscenely powerful telepath and telekinetic, standard Jean Grey doesn't come anywhere close to his level of power.

The ability to control multiple people at once with little effort automatically puts him ahead of Jean Grey as Jean and the Professor must concentrate to control one without the aid of cerebro.

False. Jean and Xavier has manipulated multiple minds at once with minimum effort.

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: All things Jean is able to do telepathically. I'm not sure hour MB would do against her Phoenix rapture though. How good is his tk?

#7 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010:

Well it was always his telepathy that gave Supes trouble. I never saw his telekinesis on the level of someone like Exodus, though he has been strong enough to give Supe's a stroke through tk and throw him around.

#8 Posted by Dextersinister (6517 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@Dextersinister said:

Manchester Black was an obscenely powerful telepath and telekinetic, standard Jean Grey doesn't come anywhere close to his level of power.

The ability to control multiple people at once with little effort automatically puts him ahead of Jean Grey as Jean and the Professor must concentrate to control one without the aid of cerebro.

False. Jean and Xavier has manipulated multiple minds at once with minimum effort.

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: All things Jean is able to do telepathically. I'm not sure hour MB would do against her Phoenix rapture though. How good is his tk?

Manipulated yes but on most occasions full control requires concentration, there may be the odd occasion where they have controlled multiple people but that's just the nature of comics where a writer takes liberties with powers but it's actually been stated in the actual comics and shown on more than one occasion that they must concentrate to control one individual.

#9 Posted by mrtrickster (2297 posts) - - Show Bio

black easily

#10 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: Can i see these scans if you have them?

#11 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: Can i see these scans if you have them?

I wanna see too.

#12 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@CalebHara said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: Can i see these scans if you have them?

I wanna see too.

Me three.

#13 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: @evilvegeta74: @CalebHara:

#14 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason for me to believe that Jean Grey will lose in this battle is only because she is in character. Let her lose her morals and make her bloodlusted, Manchester Black wouldn't even know what hit him.

#15 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara:@CadenceV2:@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@CadenceV2: @evilvegeta74: @CalebHara:

I see, those are tremendous feats, thanks for the scans! After looking at the feats of Jean Grey here: http://www.comicvine.com/jean-grey/29-3552/the-feats-of-jean-greys-powers/92-619309/ I have to say while manchester is highly impressive, Jean Greys feats are pretty cool as well . Check the link, and let me know if you agree or disagree. There are a lot of scans to choose from.

#16 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@CadenceV2: @evilvegeta74: @CalebHara:

Thanks for these, it is greatly appreciated.

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Sideslash:

He protected Luthor from being telepathically probed by MM during OWAW.

He also mind-swapped Bizarro and Superman. then laid traps to prevent MM from finding out who did it.

He also reprogrammed Doomsday into attacking Imperiex probes, and ignoring Superman...which in itself is a pretty high end feat.

He also mind controlled all of Superman's rogues and had them fight Superman.

While controlling Bizarro and Silver Banshee, he was able to temporarily grant them enough sanity to enable them to communicate and form plans.

He was able to give Superman the equivalent of a stroke, for example, by telekinetically pinching blood vessels in Superman's brain.

Do you happen to have these scans? they would be very useful, as i am a HUGE fan of manchester black.

#17 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@CalebHara said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@CadenceV2: @evilvegeta74: @CalebHara:

Thanks for these, it is greatly appreciated.

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Sideslash:

He protected Luthor from being telepathically probed by MM during OWAW.

He also mind-swapped Bizarro and Superman. then laid traps to prevent MM from finding out who did it.

He also reprogrammed Doomsday into attacking Imperiex probes, and ignoring Superman...which in itself is a pretty high end feat.

He also mind controlled all of Superman's rogues and had them fight Superman.

While controlling Bizarro and Silver Banshee, he was able to temporarily grant them enough sanity to enable them to communicate and form plans.

He was able to give Superman the equivalent of a stroke, for example, by telekinetically pinching blood vessels in Superman's brain.

Do you happen to have these scans? they would be very useful, as i am a HUGE fan of manchester black.

I'd like to see them too.

#18 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: @CalebHara: @evilvegeta74: I don't have the other two involving Lex and Silver Banshee, but you can go to the request image thread and someone can probably hook you up.

#19 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Manchester is something serious!

#20 Posted by Roddy010 (5449 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he is these are some awesome feats. But I still think Jean wins.

#21 Posted by monarch_prime (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Manchester Black.

#22 Posted by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

I will have to go with Jean. Manchester Black is pretty impressive, but even without Phoenix, Jean is simply more powerful psionic. Jean was able to withstand a direct blast of a wild Binary and protect herself from the wild energies of Binarys power source while in Hyperspace. Jean can can manipulate seperate pieces of matter equaling a total weight of 50 tons.

At the height of her power Xavier was afraid to enter her mind for fear of his being turned to ash. Jean can also use her tk and tp simultaneously and has done so on many occasions. An example you ask, telekinetically working on a molecular level to keep a nano-bomb from expanding thus detonating, while deadening Cyclops pain centers and "jamming" the psychic equivalent of an encyclopedias worth of information into Cecelia Reyes' mind, all three of these actions where done at the same time.

#23 Posted by drake_gabriel (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Jean grey Have Phoenix force?

#24 Posted by evilwildlex (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean puts up a good fight, but Manchester Black wins. Definitely not a stomp. My reasons:

When the Elite are fighting Superman, and Superman has taken down the Hat and Menagerie, MB tells Coldcast that he's going to gravity-slam the planet. Admittedly, it's a moon of Jupiter, but that's still an impressively high level of telekinetic force that I think could match Jean's. He was also able to mass control supervillains to go after Superman, and even temporarily make the crazy ones sane to make them operate better. He downloaded the Kryptonian language into Silver Banshee's mind to make her more lethal to Superman. While mass-controlling the supervillains, he was still able to maintain a high level illusion in Lex Luthor's mind. (The illusion in question was of a file folder providing documented proof of Superman's secret identity).

#25 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8787 posts) - - Show Bio

manchester black wins not easy but he dose win after a tough fight

Online
#26 Posted by ComicStooge (14049 posts) - - Show Bio

Chester's got this.

#27 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10851 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans I'm torn on this one but I know you can shed the light. Thoughts on Jean's chances here?

#28 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4435 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderbolt30: I think Jean can take him. In character does not limit her. In character Jean is a hero and he is a villain, all that means is he will risk casualties and she won't. In character Jean has killed plenty of people humans and mutants alike. Just ask Prisim, Meme, and the humans that Infectia turned into monsters. In character she intended to kill both Sebastian Shaw and Maddie just because she was pissed. She had mind raped entire towns and left the frozen and basically said she wasn't going to unfreeze them ever because they tried to kill a mutant she was recruiting. She can rewrite souls to the point if them not being recognized by people that watched her do it and knew her intent, it even fooled electronic scanners to hide mutant powers. Apocalypse said that she had the same powers as Phoenix naturally but debated on whether or not to help her unlock it during Xforce. She can travel through hyper space without the Phoenix and proved to be more powerful than Binary (Warbird alone is a planet buster). Both Onslaught and Gamemaster want through great lengths to either bring her to their side or neutralize her because she was a threat to their plans. She has mind raped Juggernaut, Emma in diamond form and Magneto without effort. She is the only telepath that Sabertooth admits can effect his mind, and she stomped him without effort on two occasions. She can steal a body if she wants regardless of how powerful a telepath that body is. She has traveled to the brink of death and brought back several Xmen in the past. She is more powerful than her incredibly powerful yet underrated daughter. She can hide herself from both Nate and Maddie, and is one of few mutants that the abstracts deem worthy enough to speak to directly more than once about the same thing. Jean as a mutant frightened them because she represents the beginning of their end.

#29 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10851 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans: Thanks. I love how you bring that truth on Jean :-). I think she would take majority here. Her raw power and skill sounds more impressive.

#30 Posted by CaptainMarvelThunder (1107 posts) - - Show Bio

Manchester Black

#31 Posted by darkseid1006 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

Black swaps Jean's mind with a paralysed person (maybe locked in syndrome or something) and then lets the paralysed person walk run and use extremely powerful TK and TP (once they get experienced that is) and then win win... disabled person is no longer disabled and Jean is beaten (or Manchester TP's the other person)

#32 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4435 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseid1006: Jean has already proven that her powers follow her mind when she took possession of Emma's body and gave it tk. So this tactic won't do anything. Not to mention she won't just allow him to just this. She is an extremely powerful and skilled telepath, he will have to fight to pull something like that off, and I honestly don't see that happening. If she unleashes her full power she can bust through all his defenses and turn his thoughts to ash.

#33 Posted by Roddy010 (5449 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean still wins.

#34 Posted by martinceld (693 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderbolt30: I think Jean can take him. In character does not limit her. In character Jean is a hero and he is a villain, all that means is he will risk casualties and she won't. In character Jean has killed plenty of people humans and mutants alike. Just ask Prisim, Meme, and the humans that Infectia turned into monsters. In character she intended to kill both Sebastian Shaw and Maddie just because she was pissed. She had mind raped entire towns and left the frozen and basically said she wasn't going to unfreeze them ever because they tried to kill a mutant she was recruiting. She can rewrite souls to the point if them not being recognized by people that watched her do it and knew her intent, it even fooled electronic scanners to hide mutant powers. Apocalypse said that she had the same powers as Phoenix naturally but debated on whether or not to help her unlock it during Xforce. She can travel through hyper space without the Phoenix and proved to be more powerful than Binary (Warbird alone is a planet buster). Both Onslaught and Gamemaster want through great lengths to either bring her to their side or neutralize her because she was a threat to their plans. She has mind raped Juggernaut, Emma in diamond form and Magneto without effort. She is the only telepath that Sabertooth admits can effect his mind, and she stomped him without effort on two occasions. She can steal a body if she wants regardless of how powerful a telepath that body is. She has traveled to the brink of death and brought back several Xmen in the past. She is more powerful than her incredibly powerful yet underrated daughter. She can hide herself from both Nate and Maddie, and is one of few mutants that the abstracts deem worthy enough to speak to directly more than once about the same thing. Jean as a mutant frightened them because she represents the beginning of their end.

what issue was it that she faced off with binary again?

#35 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4435 posts) - - Show Bio

@martinceld: Binarys powers and their source ( a white hole) became unstable because she was been influenced by a techno- hive mind called Inciters. Jean chased her through hyperspace to the white hole. Binary was bloodlusted and tapping the full power of the white hole. She blasted Jean at close range, Jean Shielded and then mind raped her into submission. At the end Binary was unconscious and contained in a tk bubble with Jean.