Man vs Nature

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By theDCkid

A hellish place devoid of civilization. There are miles of treacherous terrain filled with all sorts of bloodthirsty beasts and nothing else. Snow capped mountains, thickly thustled woods, deserts, grasslands, and dense jungles are all merged together to form the ultimate wilderness survival challenge.

In the center of every biome is a [insert magical macguffin here] when all assembled, the survivor escapes and wins. In order to do so, they will have to trek for days, construct equipment, hunt for food, and slay some of nature's deadliest predators.

Each contestant competes alone and starts with no equipment, no powers, and minimal clothes:

• Wolverine
  • the Punisher
  • Green Arrow
  • Slade Wilson
  • Black Panther
  • Batman

Who will survive?

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By theDCkid

@orpheus_knightfall: You reckon he'd be the only one to survive? Additionally, do you know of any scans depicting him fighting animals?

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well the predators listed would pose little problems for trained metahumans.

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: Those pictures are really just a guideline. In this scenario, they'd likely encounter additional threats i.e: tigers, bears, and badgers etc.

vote_dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine: wolverine fighting a wolverine - Ultimate death battle.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedckid said:

@cpt_nice: Those pictures are really just a guideline. In this scenario, they'd likely encounter additional threats i.e: tigers, bears, and badgers etc.

Oh ok.

Well the first 3 are really debuffed without powers and weapons. Batman has experience fighting large predators if memory serves me, pretty sure BP and DS would do fine too. Regular humans with no training can survive in the conditions stated in OP. The only problem might be lack of shelter and clothing would make especially the first climate pretty brutal. They'd have to find a solution to that fast, like skin an animal and improvize.

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: I reckon that you're right. I'm brought back to watching Rambo, I recall him having to improvise a jacket to avoid freezing.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedckid said:

@cpt_nice: I reckon that you're right. I'm brought back to watching Rambo, I recall him having to improvise a jacket to avoid freezing.

Weather conditions are always the immediate threat in these conditions. Even Batman who can go toe to toe with apex predators will die if you put him in the artic cold with just a t-shirt and jeans.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Honestly? I think anyone except for Green Arrow make it. Wolverine makes it easy, Slade makes it easy, Punisher can probably make it because of his pain tolerance, Black Panther is a genius and is... well he's Black Panther. Batman's been through Hell's like this before. Green Arrow is the only one who doesn't have the experience to survive, other than in the jungles.

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By theDCkid

I have some Punisher scans to deliver. There is a brief series I read a while back focusing on a clash between Wolverine and the Punisher. It took place in Africa and had the Punisher going toe to toe with some nasty creatures as well as Wolverine.

No Caption Provided

Perhaps most the most impressive feat in this series is when Castle was challenged by an enraged gorilla and had to put it down (using a knife).

No Caption Provided

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinnercomix: Interesting assessment. However, unless I'm mistaken, Green Arrow may be the only one capable of fashioning a bow out of what is available. Assuming he is able to do so, the bow could prove to be an extremely helpful tool.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure each of these characters have been in these situations before. I pretty sure they all clear.

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, something interesting I found:

No Caption Provided

Green Arrow using leaves as camouflage. Strange, but perhaps it's also effective.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@thedckid: Well I'm sure about that. But besides that, the cold and the intense heat is probably too much for him.

vote_dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It realy comes down to who can kill an actual wolverine

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Batman has essentially been to hell and back, but I don't recall him going through any situations especially similar to this particular one. I mean, I've seen him chase a predator into the woods and track it down but not much else.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedckid: I don't mean these exact situations but similar situations.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine will make it no problem at all.

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_kai: And only Wolverine? Perhaps you recognize a specific character as the weakest link?

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@thedckid: Wolverine is nearly an animal, but Green Arrow has survived this on an island . . . So one of them

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:

@thedckid: Wolverine is nearly an animal, but Green Arrow has survived this on an island . . . So one of them

Yes, I suppose Wolverine would feel right at home in the wilderness.

Anyway, I found some interesting diagrams depicting the tools one might fashion in this scenario. I would imagine Green Arrow/Punisher would be best suited to put one of these together-

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided