#1 Posted by laflux (17519 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules

Standard Morals

Win by K.O, Submission, Surrender.

Arena

#2 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10216 posts) - - Show Bio

This one might actually be a little hard to determine....While Superman easily looked better in his film, Hancock can't be harmed unless his mate is around. But, then again, maybe his face just needed to be introduced to a kryptonian fist?

#3 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hancock would take it, I mean he can't get hurt without that girl around, right?

Or is it any super hero? If it's any super hero, Hancock goes down. If it's only when that girl is around? Hancock easily takes it.

#4 Posted by mikesterman (880 posts) - - Show Bio

im pretty sure superman would rape... he can easily wipe the floor with Hancock. hanckock to me is a street level superman and superman is a god level hero

#5 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

im pretty sure superman would rape... he can easily wipe the floor with Hancock. hanckock to me is a street level superman and superman is a god level hero

#6 Posted by Anal_Vomit (759 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikesterman said:

#7 Posted by dondave (38780 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#8 Edited by Drache64 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Two people both practically invincible.

Both have similar fighting feats.

Hard to call strength so let's say even.

Now one guy has laser vision, super speed, x ray vision and impressive flight control.

The other guy has anger management issues.

Going with superman.

#9 Edited by AllStarSuperman (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman stomps. Way faster and more durable. In before the hurd of angry Hancock fanboys.

#10 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't explain what he's exactly going to do against Hancock, when all attacks on him are pretty much moot unless that lady is around him., or any hero OF HIS EXACT type.

The battle would rage on forever. It would pretty much end in those two just getting tired, and Hancock asking Superman if he can treat him to a beer or something.

#11 Edited by Drache64 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

That's not exactly how it happened against Zod

#12 Edited by Drache64 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I'm voting superman here too but I wouldn't say more durable. Seeing as we never saw Hancock take any damage at all before his other half showed up.

Though I am willing to say much faster.

#13 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

Well see what Hancock does in his sequel.

#14 Posted by ChaosMarvel (997 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Hancock unless Superman can find his mate.

#15 Posted by Wardemon32 (4360 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikesterman:

Seriously WTF? Do you know what "Street Level" is?

#16 Edited by laflux (17519 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#17 Posted by nickthedevil (13650 posts) - - Show Bio

Kal's shoving Hancock's head up his velvet underground.

#18 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@docnick: Morals Superman won't do that. I doubt movie Superman could do that anyway.

#19 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Hancock unless Superman can find his mate.

#20 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

superman wins, they're close in terms of strength, durability and speed (though note that i vaguely recall the hancock movie because it's been years since i saw it), but i would ultimately give superman the edge in those categories, and superman has a ranged attack (heat vision) which should also give him advantage in the fight, while hancock doesn't.

#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17823 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but I find this as meaningless as any other Hancock battle. To anyone stating that Hancock cannot be hurt by anyone other than his mate, that is true but only due to the fact that there are no opponents in his universe that can pose a threat. But I'll entertain nonetheless.

Clark in Man of Steel managed to fight off two separate Kryptonians who held far, far superior skill than he did. Besides that, he showcased superior speed and possibly durability due to being weakened by the tera former and still ripping through the machine. Strength wise, I didn't see much of a difference.

#22 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but I find this as meaningless as any other Hancock battle. To anyone stating that Hancock cannot be hurt by anyone other than his mate, that is true but only due to the fact that there are no opponents in his universe that can pose a threat. But I'll entertain nonetheless.

Clark in Man of Steel managed to fight off two separate Kryptonians who held far, far superior skill than he did. Besides that, he showcased superior speed and possibly durability due to being weakened by the tera former and still ripping through the machine. Strength wise, I didn't see much of a difference.

I still think that shouldn't matter. Hancock shouldn't be put in these battles, because as rule of the character? He still wouldn't get hurt.

I'm not saying you're wrong that they were stronger. I'm saying, by rules of the character, Hancock wouldn't get hurt.

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17823 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think that shouldn't matter. Hancock shouldn't be put in these battles, because as rule of the character? He still wouldn't get hurt.

I'm not saying you're wrong that they were stronger. I'm saying, by rules of the character, Hancock wouldn't get hurt.

I think it's more along the lines that Hancock is far too little feats to debate with.

#24 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru said:

I think it's more along the lines that Hancock is far too little feats to debate with.

I can agree to that, because it's true.

Putting Hancock in any fight, for the most part is a bit unfair. Since he can't really feel damage apparently. He's a limited character. While I love the character, he's not much fun to put in here.

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17823 posts) - - Show Bio

Putting Hancock in any fight, for the most part is a bit unfair. Since he can't really feel damage apparently. He's a limited character. While I love the character, he's not much fun to put in here.

Agreed, in his universe he's the only super powered being aside from his "partner".

#26 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru said:

Agreed, in his universe he's the only super powered being aside from his "partner".

I still wish the character was featured in the comic. His homeless like appearance. That was ALOT of fun. His whole appearance, looking like a trashed out Superman? I absolutely loved it.

Again though, there's alot of characters where the universe can ruin a character. Hancock is probably the best example though. I mean, it would be easier if people said "Battle till one of them quits" or something of the sort.

#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (17823 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru: I wish Hancock would get a sequel but I feel that the film succeeds because Hancock is essentially one of a kind.

#28 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: If he gets a sequel, I want him to look like the cool homeless guy again.

And that would be taking a step back for most people. I liked the character either way, but I found when they gave him the actual suit, he looked like a character created in DCUO. I was like "Damn..They took away the fun.". I'm all for a sequel though.

Definitely wish they'd release a comic, going over his previous adventures.

#29 Edited by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: I already said earlier a sequels coming soon. 2015 ish range.

#30 Edited by Deranged Midget (17823 posts) - - Show Bio

I already said earlier a sequels coming soon. 2015 ish range.

No way! That's pretty awesome! Is that confirmed or merely speculation?

If he gets a sequel, I want him to look like the cool homeless guy again.

And that would be taking a step back for most people. I liked the character either way, but I found when they gave him the actual suit, he looked like a character created in DCUO. I was like "Damn..They took away the fun.". I'm all for a sequel though.

Definitely wish they'd release a comic, going over his previous adventures.

If they were to make the sequel, it seems like they will follow his cleaned up look when he was defending New York, new suit, reformed and all.

A digital comic could be a cool idea.

#31 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: I thought it was speculation. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Also, I think a comic released as a mini series in general would be cool. Not so much a digital comic, because... well I don't do those. And I'd be left out.

#32 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Actual it's a prequel, giving more of a backstory on Hancock. I saw a thread with a link about it months ago. I'll provide you if in a second.

#33 Posted by cooljammy18 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people are ignoring the fact that Hancock hasn't face a physical threat on his level, so we really can't truly gauge his full durability. Just because his overall physicality only decreases when in the presence of his mate doesn't mean he's invincible against a being of his level or possibly beyond when he's alone. Superman had much better feats in practically everything over Hancock and fought enemies that pushed him to his limit in Man of Steel without the plot holding him back physically. I'm giving him the clear majority.

#34 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio

@cybrilious4:

Copy and paste link:

http://starseeker.com/2014-movie-release/hancock-2/

Hancock 2 (2014) – A new Hancock movie on the way?

MICHAEL CORLEONE DECEMBER 5, 2012 15

While film details haven’t been released as of yet, it has been confirmed that Will Smith will star in the sequel to Hancock, called… wait for it, Hancock 2 . (I know right?) Columbia has hired scribes Adam Fierro and Glen Mazzara to write the new movie, coming out in 2012. However, what was supposed to be a 2013 release now looks like 2014 at the earliest.

Hancock 2

Rumor is, Hancock 2 will be based more on the relationship between Hancock and his true love Mary Embrey as new sets of issues arise. However, Charlize Theron hasn’t 100% commited to the film, leaving a hole in the story so far. More info as it rolls in. Director Peter Berg says ‘Hancock 2′ will happen, however the plot with Hancock has always been the sticking point.

In a new Hancock movie, they have to figure out the real struggle for Hancock, because he is invincible. So where do they take this character? There is no ‘Kryptonite’ to destroy him, apparently just the love from Charlize Theron, who is too busy staying beautiful and rich, to do any more shitty Hancock sequels..

The Movie Poster

Now this is just a rumor at this point, but apparently this is the poster for the new Hanock movie. Don’t take this for the final poster since it could change a little bit between now and the 2014 release. I like what they did here, looks promising…

#35 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikesterman said:

#36 Posted by VaporishLicense (132 posts) - - Show Bio

id say they both share the same strength and durability. but superman is faster and most likey smarter.

and superman does have other super powers. so superman wins. but i doubt they could hurr each other. but i think hancock would give up first.

#37 Posted by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

how is this not locked? supes demolishes. yes I know its mos

#38 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or does the title have homoerotic undertones?

#39 Posted by Wardemon32 (4360 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5607 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate. Hancock can't be killed and I don't think he could kill MoS, beat all Sh*t outta him but not kill Kal.

#41 Posted by King Saturn (224733 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if either one of them could be knocked out ? Sighs... the problems of not having enough information from the films.

#42 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: @cybrilious4:

I know this is late, but there was a deleted scene where Hancock went to the sun and came back unharmed. All he did was eat an ice cream bar. Here it is.

And also, if it means anything, the director said that Hancock is supposed to be Zeus without his memory. That's why when he and his mate were fighting, lightning started coming from the sky. There's a lot of stuff that they don't go into in that movie. Apparently, Hancock being Zeus, forgot his powers along with the memory. Maybe they'll go into it in the sequel.

#43 Edited by fiodestromus (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

Hancock was supposed to be the reincarnation of Zeus

He caused a Lightning storm in the movie It was explained ("behind the scenes" in the dvd or on the first look One of the two) when he fought his mate In which she caused Hurricanes

But Superman was doing some pretty crazy stuff

Edit:basically what the guy above me said

#44 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: @cybrilious4:

Hancock was supposed to be the reincarnation of Zeus

He caused a Lightning storm in the movie It was explained ("behind the scenes" in the dvd or on the first look One of the two) when he fought his mate In which she caused Hurricanes

But Superman was doing some pretty crazy stuff

Edit:basically what the guy above me said

Also what this guy says

#45 Posted by heroesgold (608 posts) - - Show Bio

Hancock wins, wouldn't be an easy fight though.

#46 Edited by AnotherVillain (33 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by dondave (38780 posts) - - Show Bio

@pfcoolio14: Is it confirmed he went to the Sun? His Sun-Glasses would have melted if he went to the sun

#49 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave:

Ya, it was a part of a promotion thing and on the dvd. The glasses part, well, he's a flying god.

#50 Posted by logy5000 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear I'll kill the next person that says Hancock can only be hurt if his wife is around. He never got hit by anything as strong as Superman.

Nothing hurt Hulk in Avengers, so I suppose that means that he's completely invulnerable? NO!