Obviously DCAU Superman

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ElmoHump

Tell me when MoS version of Supes can take on the Agony Matrix for a whole episode.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RBT

DCAU Supes. Better in every department.

@ElmoHump: Actually that cannot be used as a feat. We've no idea how strong DCAU version of agony matrix is. That's like saying DCAU Bats is faster than New 52 Superman because Bats outran and dodged Omega Beam but New 52 Supes couldn't.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite some minor inconsistency - Superman before he becomes a founding member of the Justice League (and his subsequently much better showings in Unlimited) would probably win this. After that point it becomes a ridiculously one-sided match.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RBT
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

DCAU Superman, fairly easily.

I'd put Reeves Superman above DCAU Superman though.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Titan_Lord
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Theoretically yeah, due to the what era the character is based on. Going by actual feats, he's never shown off any truly standout combat feats in my opinion.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#13 god_spawn  Moderator

@elmohump: Keep it clean. Warning on the matter.

GrayWolf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCAU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude23 said:

Theoretically yeah, due to the what era the character is based on. Going by actual feats, he's never shown off any truly standout combat feats in my opinion.

His combat feats were held by back by the time at which the films were made. Though note he was able to fight 3 kryptonians (who were near his power levels) and Nuclear-man, the fight scenes just looked ridiculous. Superman IV (made in 1987, which was post-crisis) still adopted the pre-crisis version, as he had powers which he didn't even have in the comics (such as being able to rebuild walls with his vision).

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@deranged_midget said:

@comicdude23 said:

His combat feats were held by back by the time at which the films were made. Though note he was able to fight 3 kryptonians (who were near his power levels) and Nuclear-man, the fight scenes just looked ridiculous. Superman IV (made in 1987, which was post-crisis) still adopted the pre-crisis version, as he had powers which he didn't even have in the comics (such as being able to rebuild walls with his vision).

Yeah I understand the limitations of film thing but still dude, feats are feats you know? Theoretics can only say so much as opposed to actual feats. I mean sure, he fought three Kryptonians but so did Cavill's Superman. Problem with Reeves and that version of Superman at the time, that level of power was poorly established in my opinion.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite some minor inconsistency - Superman before he becomes a founding member of the Justice League (and his subsequently much better showings in Unlimited) would probably win this. After that point it becomes a ridiculously one-sided match.

STAS Superman? how would he win? lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude23 said:

@deranged_midget said:

@comicdude23 said:

Yeah I understand the limitations of film thing but still dude, feats are feats you know? Theoretics can only say so much as opposed to actual feats. I mean sure, he fought three Kryptonians but so did Cavill's Superman. Problem with Reeves and that version of Superman at the time, that level of power was poorly established in my opinion.

I know feats are feats, but his strength feats were very good. And he did replicate in combat, it's clear that the 3 Kryptonians he fought were of a similar power level to him (probably moon movers), we can say this as they were matching him physically (for a while). The kryptonians that fought MOS Superman were near his level. And he displayed combat against Nuclear Man for much of the film (though they were awful fight scenes). He had the PIS factor in his fights, against Zod he basically made up a power on the spot (throwing an S shield which somehow stopped them), that is just an example.

I would say that his Superman was full of PIS (like the pre-crisis Superman). Look at how ridiculous this is, yet it seemingly helps in combat but makes no sense.

Loading Video...

And more of his stupid PIS:

Loading Video...

And the time travel feat of course.

Reeves always had PIS to help him out.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Experio

DCAU Superman.

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet man of steel superman could hold his own. Since he fought 3 kryptonians as string as him.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dondave

DCAU Supes

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude23: He also teleported(so did Zod n co) in that instance. Teleported or just moved very fast to where it looks like they just disappeared, oh and also made copies of himself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude23: He also teleported(so did Zod n co) in that instance. Teleported or just moved very fast to where it looks like they just disappeared, oh and also made copies of himself.

Didn't he duplicate himself? Yeah he had so much PIS it was unbelievable. The restrictions of what they could do with combat scenes caused the writers to cook up PIS for nearly all of his Superman films, so he was a walking PIS machine, it was a regularity for him. Clearly this version of Superman was based on the Silver/Bronze age incarnation. MOS had freer and better action scenes so they didn't really need PIS.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@dorukesin said:

@deranged_midget: @comicdude23: @wolfrazer: Christopher Reeve is the unquestionable best Superman ever and you guys know that

No Caption Provided

Yup, and you do realize no matter how wacky its not PIS if you can do it all the time. is Karate Kid PIS as he takes down Kryptonians through martial arts?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: You could argue that but reversing time by flying around the Earth isn't PIS?

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:

@isaac_clarke said:

STAS Superman? how would he win? lol

Depending on the episode (because he was inconsistent as hell) he just had superior physical stats.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman ftw.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmohump: Keep it clean. Warning on the matter.

Gee I'm sorry I called the dude dense for being dense.How is that even profanity?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rogueshadow  Moderator

Haven't seen it in a while, but from what I recall DCAU Supes.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dorukesin
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: @comicdude23: no .It wasn't PIS.

Did you know , Superman was trying to re-perform the exact same feat in Justice League of America # 08 ?

He tried, he did not succeed, that was probably just a homage thing. And it says their in a prison thing. its that not the real earth?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dorukesin said:

Did you know , Superman was trying to re-perform the exact same feat in Justice League of America # 08 ?

He tried, he did not succeed, that was probably just a homage thing. And it says their in a prison thing. its that not the real earth?

That isn't real earth. It's the illusion prison made by Firestorms matrix. Superman is trying to find a way to undo the murder. I took this panel as a homage as well. And just to poke - Superman traveling back in time via flying around the world backwards is complete and utter PIS. When I first saw the movie as a kid in the 90's I even thought to myself that was BS.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@allstarsuperman said:
@dorukesin said:

That isn't real earth. It's the illusion prison made by Firestorms matrix. Superman is trying to find a way to undo the murder. I took this panel as a homage as well. And just to poke - Superman traveling back in time via flying around the world backwards is complete and utter PIS. When I first saw the movie as a kid in the 90's I even thought to myself that was BS.

Ahh, thank you, I haven't read trinity war yet. Also I grew up on the superman movies in the 90s, and I gotta say it didnt phase me as that weird until i grew up.

Avatar image for originalgl_alan
OriginalGL_Alan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm giving this one to the DCAU Superman. Not only does he have more impressive feats under his belt, having had three TV series and a couple of tie-in movies under his belt, but he also has more experience. The MoS universe Superman didn't have any battle experience until the attack of Zod and his followers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm giving this one to the DCAU Superman. Not only does he have more impressive feats under his belt, having had three TV series and a couple of tie-in movies under his belt, but he also has more experience. The MoS universe Superman didn't have any battle experience until the attack of Zod and his followers.

That's because MOS Superman became Superman when he was 33.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To answer the OP -- DCAU Supes.

Avatar image for originalgl_alan
OriginalGL_Alan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalgl_alan said:

While that's cool for the movie, it doesn't help him here in this scenario. DCAU still has at least a decade of experience on MoS Superman, maybe even more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude23 said:

@originalgl_alan said:

While that's cool for the movie, it doesn't help him here in this scenario. DCAU still has at least a decade of experience on MoS Superman, maybe even more.

I know. I agree DCAU Superman wins, the only advantage that MOS MIGHT have is combat speed but even then it's debatable.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke said:

That's a large might - MOS largely displayed nothing for speed outside of flight - and even then it wasn't anything we haven't seen before from heroes.

Also Reeves moved the moon back in the day? Was that during the Nuclear Man film?

He just seemed faster in combat to me, but that's a might (though a large one). Reeves definitely did move the Moon, it was in Superman IV.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Vaeternus

In some ways DCUA, in others MOS. Example, the DCA was also weaker in some ways such as "needing a breathing suit in space" thought was kind of dumb...

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

In some ways DCUA, in others MOS. Example, the DCA was also weaker in some ways such as "needing a breathing suit in space" thought was kind of dumb...

this

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCAU Supes

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCAU. More feats, better physicals.

WJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why DCAU Superman is more powerful?

1. MoS version with all his strength stopped the planet terraforming machine, said to have the force of a planet. A bit of a hyperbole, but you get the idea.

2. DCAU Superman's best feats are city level IIRC, just see his feats against Darkseid when not holding back... City-busting, that's all.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DarthAznable

@allstarsuperman said:

@dorukesin said:

@deranged_midget: @comicdude23: @wolfrazer: Christopher Reeve is the unquestionable best Superman ever and you guys know that

No Caption Provided

Yup, and you do realize no matter how wacky its not PIS if you can do it all the time. is Karate Kid PIS as he takes down Kryptonians through martial arts?

It isn't PIS but it's bloody stupid.